• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/22 MD/VA C3 Presents the September Tournament SSBM Singles/Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

aho43

Smash Lord
just bring a vcr, im bringing one. ill see about getting some blank vhs tapes. ill be keeping track of what gets recorded and what doesnt. if you bring your own stuff, feel free to manage your own equipment, but keeping track of who is who in friendlies with no tags can be tedious.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i think that was the one with Drephen vs. Azen? i forgot all about those.

but chyea, recording matches will be great. definitely need to get the ball started with this with Brawl coming out. plus i think it helps attract more OOS'ers when they can visually see how awesome everyone is giving them more incentive to come (although i'm sure watching Chillin use Squirtle is enough for anyone in their right mind to come).

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so im thinking while we may not have a MD vs VA crew battle due to lack of getting us all in one place, maybe we could do a md/va vs OOS crew battle after singles is complete? 8vs8 or maybe 10vs10? other fighters will take TVs but we only need 1 for crews.

Omni

BRoomer
so im thinking while we may not have a MD vs VA crew battle due to lack of getting us all in one place, maybe we could do a md/va vs OOS crew battle after singles is complete? 8vs8 or maybe 10vs10? other fighters will take TVs but we only need 1 for crews.
this sounds like a good idea as long as i'm on the team. suhweet. if i'm not, i reject this idea entirely.

Omni

BRoomer
so be top 10 in MD/VA for singles lolz.
you've got in in you
i already did with OOS'ers. plus my team placings are amazing thinks to my partners KMeezy and Vistlacheezy. and for some reason, i turn ssj during crew battles. greg, kaiser, and plank can tell you that (but don't ask chillin :( )

:070:

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lolz i saw that crew battle, it was hilarious. you took i think 9 stock? (4 kirbstir, 4 chillin's marth, and one of chu). It was sick. poor chillin, he got gayed by the shine ike 3 times.

i've been wondering, for both that crew battle and a TA vid, the music that begins the battle is the same both times, and it's utterly amazing. anyone know what it is?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=5&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

^^Omni ***** it up, though fonz beats him by taking 12 stock w00t MD

Sensei

Smash Lord
Omni is a beast.

On another note, I might need a backup teammate for this. I already have teammate but I need a backup just in case he is unable to come.

aho43

Smash Lord
lolz i saw that crew battle, it was hilarious. you took i think 9 stock? (4 kirbstir, 4 chillin's marth, and one of chu). It was sick. poor chillin, he got gayed by the shine ike 3 times.

i've been wondering, for both that crew battle and a TA vid, the music that begins the battle is the same both times, and it's utterly amazing. anyone know what it is?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=5&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

^^Omni ***** it up, though fonz beats him by taking 12 stock w00t MD
I made both of them. its m83 - *

yea the name of the song is "*"

Vist

Smash Champion
Do something like md vs va vs nc vs nj/pa vs midwest lol. I doubt there's enough time but md and va together as one crew would be kinda stacked. Besides, the md vs va battle never took place like it was supposed to.

aho43

Smash Lord
Do something like md vs va vs nc vs nj/pa vs midwest lol. I doubt there's enough time but md and va together as one crew would be kinda stacked. Besides, the md vs va battle never took place like it was supposed to.
yea, just pulling off singles and doubles will prob put us til around 8pm.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Our top 20 vs the OOS top 20 they can do it that way....Hey it can happen...besides If NC comes again I got a bone to pick with a few Peaches being that Im not gonna be in the Crew battle, Im still gonna give out some retribution I had Kirbster training *OH YEAH* but yeah depending on how many states they get they can choos X amount of representatives till they all have 20 together total

Omni

BRoomer
dude what are you talking about you ***** my marth
i'm talking about your revenge rapsies at g-reg's. ****ing ow.

20 vs 20 is NOT going to happen. i think the only way we can pull crews off is by starting earlier in the day or cancelling either doubles or singles. it would be amazing if we could fit it in however making c3 even more epic.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
20v20 is way too many people

10v10 is the way to go

10v10 wouldnt be that stacked vist

md/va's 10 best vs like m2k drephen jiano wes caveman (cort/pc maybe) mathos and some others

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
it all depends on time restraints and such, and the # of people who want to participate. im sure some sort of recorded crue battle will happen

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, but unfortunately time and the people who want to participate in the actual crew battle are more important than what Repryx wants to see.

:D

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I. Like. Pie.

That is all.

Oh wait.

I might be coming to this as well.

And I expect all of you to bring me pie. Or cheesecake.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yeah, but unfortunately time and the people who want to participate in the actual crew battle are more important than what Repryx wants to see.

:D
Geez PLank you didnt have to throw it baq in my face like that...If I were three years younger....Id have cried....and no those arent more important cuz I represent "Teh People" *Common's song in background*

Anyhoo what is the expected turnout # of ppl for this event so I can prepare properly (and its lookin like im gonna get blank DVDs if I do who wants one? Im only gonna have one cylinder so dont go thinkin its for everybody...this way if you just want to upload your own vids you can just go do it instead of waiting 9 weeks....)

mwc13

Smash Rookie
I just found this site today, and I have to say I'm excited for this tournament.

I've been searching for some good competition for a looooong time.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I just found this site today, and I have to say I'm excited for this tournament.

I've been searching for some good competition for a looooong time.
$5 MM? Look for a Kid with fingerless gloves on I'll be 17 then *FINALLY*

BTW welcome to the Boards dont be like me...

aho43

Smash Lord
if you wanna record friendlies go for it, but leave the tourney match recording to me + plank. unless you wanna record a match we decide we don't want to record, cuz you suck, sike, not really. or really? :D

but yea, for turnout.... were it just md/va id expect around 50-70. with the number of OOS people coming, it could be 90, the last really big c3 was in January and it had almost 100 entrants. this one is getting a bit more hype, so keep that in mind.

with the turnout i'm expecting. i'm planning on doing 16 pools, top 2 advance to a 32 man bracket. if it looks like we'll have more time, and or alot of setups, i'll do top 4 advance to a 64 man bracket. its gonna be rough.

if there are alot of teams, i really think it would make sense to do pools for teams, but that will really take a long time, so its just gonna have to be teams are seeded based on mine and the community's perception of how good you are (power rankings) and past tournament history.

For example, lets say Azen randomly decided to team with InfernoOmni. Azen is amazing, and InfernoOmni is in the top quarter of the players in the md/va area and IMO better than a bunch of the power rankings people, so I'd give them a high seed cuz them combined = stupid good. If Azen teamed with like, randomBob, who is unknown. I'd give them a better seed than 2 unknowns teamed together, but not as high as a team composed of 2 good but not upper echelon players.

i will be giving seeding priority to teams that have stuck together and are a known team. Teams like, Kirbulate, TEAM NASTY, Groom Blue, Nubsauce, Newlyweds, etc. Thats not to say I'd seed Team Nasty higher than a random team composed of awesome players like Azen + PC. if they teamed, i'd prob put them as one of the top overall seeds. its just that teams that have teamed in the past have more of a body of work for me to use for seeding. thems the breaks. its too bad this tourney is only 1 day. otherwise we'd be able to do pools for teams also.

Laijin

Smash Hero
super smash-ola??

ill try to come up for this
Oh cool. Xif is coming to this. Chillin = Xif.

I might come to this as well.
Which means I need a team mate.
Preferably someone that knows how to play the game and knows wtf their doing.
In other words, someone that can hold their own against someone like Chillindude/Xif or Azen without me having to go save them every two seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom