• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8th BEST: MK banned; Venue fits 100!

Sharky

Smash Master
It's currently my car and your car erk. I'm picking up Cross at hamilton college, which is just off the thru-way on the way there.

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
ill mm. just name a price and what you want
Well I'm actually saving some up. How about $5? Maybe a little more. Your choice.

Sharky it's going to be fun playing you again!

San I'd like to have closer games this time!

Sharky

Smash Master
andy I may or may not want to mm you depending on how much money I have =)

edit yoshi vs whoever

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Andy ill money match you with any character 1 dollar for each character. Mid tier or above!

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
Hopefully people know that I'm L-Don =P

And Cura lol I might wanna do that.

Sharky I'll do Marth as you know I main him.

Poly

Smash Rookie
RPI '09er here....just got a text to attend this event! I'm interested...anyone from NNJ going? i'm okay with splitting driving expenses and i can make the drive since i've done it over a dozen times.

i'm going with melee (haven't picked up a controller in years so i gotta get back in the groove). anyone in NNJ around to do some friendlies after work and stuff? PM me!

which melee pros are going?!

also looking to play some friendlies, so will there be available TVs for this? i can bring a cube, melee, and memcard if needed.

EDIT - Anyone want to team up for doubles?? would love to practice first...

Sharky

Smash Master
I could potentially get a brawler or two to go, lemme get on that real quick =D

edit@Cura: old phone's dead, activating a replacement today

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
Dunno if there'd be time, but would anyone be interested in doing a low tier Doubles event???
Also Calm, could you change "Dan" to "Stack"? That's my new tag.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Might not be time 3 melee events 3 brawl events and probably crews for 1 of the 2 games hopefully for both.

CJT- james g said hed team with you. brush up your dubz game

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Sounds good, I'm definitely gonna sharpen up. This is gonna be a fun tourney. Also, trying to convince some people I know to come with and see what competitive smash is like.

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
David = Dai

I could potentially get a third card for SU. Two of our friends are interested in Competitive smash.

They would only pay for the venue fee and play friendlies though. One of them would be driving, soo I can get like 3 more spots for people that are on the way if peeps are willing to pay him some cash/dollas for gas.

Really 5 people to a car, **** if we were in Mexico...

Low Tier Tournament!!!
DO IT!!

I also love crews.

Probably not doing Melee, only friendlies
Learning curve for a competitive level is to high, takes too much time
And I don't have a CRT to consistently practice on

*On a side note*
M2K Banned = What the majority of the community wants + promotes growth (M2K in my head = Metaknight, :D)
IMO That's all anyone should say on the topic

CJT, MONEY MATCH!

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
If someone helps drive Ithaca and/or Binghamton, I'll help split gas money or give free entry or something.

T. Webb said:
will there be a stream
There will be a recording setup or two but no stream. Shouldn't you be coming here?

iceyman02 said:
Are there going to be Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter side events again?
No non-Smash side events this time.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
We won't be having a 64 event.

T. Webb, there are two cars going up 87, and I know the guys from Vassar are interested in catching a ride with them. If you're close enough or can carpool easily, we can work something out.

Poly

Smash Rookie
hi guys, i'm going up i-87 with 3 seats available on Friday...leaving NJ around 7 PM, will get to Troy by 10PM. Can pick up 3 ppl max along the way if you're not too far off 87...i'm gonna be heading back down to NJ on Sunday around 2 PM. I don't have housing available, so might wanna talk to the hosts about that (in case you need a ride there and back)

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
To add to Poly, the other driver, Itsnotmyfault/Calm, is also leaving Friday night and returning Saturday night after Brawl is done (before midnight). We have housing available each night.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I might come with my gf cuz I dont want to spend the night plus i want to.go and come.back the same day but im not definite about it

:phone:

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
If that becomes the case, let the guys at Vassar know because they may be interested in that same-day option. I want to make sure the drivers know who they're picking up, too.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Lol im not that good

EDIT.........IM CONFIRMED but since Im taking my gf car im not gettin tbe vassar kids
:phone:

PK Webb

Smash Champion
since im coming back same day can singles starts b4 6 30 so i can play last time they didnt start till 9 sumthing. it takes a while for me to get out there and i try to get home b4 12

Top Bottom