• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8th BEST: < 60 entrants

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
around 30 i believe, might have been a bit less since some people didnt want to make the trip with the weather in rochester the way it was yesterday.
Dont use weather as an excuse for rochester not coming to something

Poly

Smash Rookie
Awesome tourney Zaandaa, I'll try to show up for the next one! Hats off to you.

Everyone - thanks for the human practice...gosh you guys are crazy and i'm scared to death of foxes now....

Twebb - sorry about the whole teams thing not working out (didn't catch u til after the teams announcement) good games and thanks for the tips! even with your crazy fox, next time i'll try to actually play rather than shield the entire game :p i'm already happy i got 2 lucky stocks off of ya per game lol
Beta - holy ****, how many controllers do you go through? mad fast and accurate with that fox. waveshining my sheik to u-smash >_<
Blizzardbeam - good puff! i gotta learn to play against puffs with my falcon
Zaandaa - nice Falco, next time we'll do some boring falcon dittos on yoshi's
Trademark - ty for the friendlies, that's a sick peach and marth you got there
Pipe - nice fox! good games, we gotta play more next time
Zhea (Dan) - thanks for teaming up with me last minute. gotta work on that sync and nice falcon. crazy ffa's there - FALCON PUNCH -> nipple spike both of y'all
MCEM - good sheik, i'll have to play some friendlies with u next time
Kevin - thanks for the tips. i have no mindgames and i guess it's just through human practice that i build them up. good falco, although i was coming close with my sheik there in pools :p
Ben - work that warlock kick! i see u crouchin and i'm runnin! good jiggs but that triple knee got u in that last stock
PiePusher - was that u in those friendlies? nice marth and falco...gimping my CF recovery

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
1: The masterbating pineapple :fox: - Good ****, finally won a best mah dude

2: T. Webb :fox: - Thanks for comin up, lets get more friendlies next time, only played in tournament I think :(

4: Kwan :dk: - Good matches in tournament, wish I could've got more friendlies with you, next time i guess

5: Trademark :peach: - Good talks during brawl/car ride. GGs in tournament

5: Cura :popo: :marth: - I'll have to MM your peach since you didn't go her in tourney

7: Blizzardbeam :jigglypuff: - Fun friendlies, gotta see you at tournaments more.

7: Zaandaa :falcon: :falco: :roymelee: - Stop going Roy, or main Roy. No flip flopping. Fun tourney as always

9: PiePusher :falco: :marth: - Holy smoot, didn't know you were from Syracuse. We gotta practice more.

9: Mr. Massacre :falco: - GGs in tournament, falco is gay

9: MCEM :sheik: - Good set in pools, I gotta work on my sheik game

9: Pipe :fox: - Always good to see my man Pipe, good set in pools. Stop leaving early!

13: Dan :falcon: - Didn't get any matches I think, saw a little of your falcon. Keep at it, work hard.

13: Kevin :falco: -Didn't play you at all I think.

13: El Warrior :link: - How did I miss a Link main??

13: Poly :falcon: - Didn't play you at all. Next time

17: Ben :jigglypuff: :ganondorf: - Didn't even know you entered. Didn't play any friendlies.

Overall a really fun tournament. Gave me some stuff to think about, came to some conclusions about my fox, and implemented some new ideas. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next event.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Unfortunately I've been unable to get matches up past the first one because they've been desyncing after I had to reinstall Dazzle's Instant DVD Recorder. It wasn't happening with me before, but I'm trying to figure out why it's been desyncing. Maybe I'll have to uninstall and reinstall it again, but I don't have the time for that atm because of school. Hopefully I can fix this.

If it doesn't work out, I can always send the replays to someone who can record.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I do not currently intend to put up complete pool results for either game.
Does this answer your question, Rajam? Basically the people in the bracket made it out of their pools, with the exception of Stack who got 4th but Tyler who got 3rd had to leave before bracket started and Stack got in instead. There may have been another exception, but I doubt it.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I added a video list to the first post, and videos are going to be slower than I thought because I have to edit some. I might still get a few up tonight, but I'll get to more Thursday and edit the list again.

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
*1: Cura - No surpise to see you're at the top, though I think I only got to see you and Trademark in Melee GF. I was disappointed I couldn't watch you in any of Brawl GF. Thanks for bringing me and David into the scene, It's got a ton of cool people, and I had a great experience at this tourney. Great Job sweeping all the wins for Syracuse, we know how the Finals would have went down ; ]. GGs in low tiers, I was confident I'd be able to take on your Mario, but that side-B turnaround got me good. Next time!
*1: Omega Tyrant - You have a great D3 that Dai and I had litte idea of how to handle in teams lol. Good Job splitting first, it was cool watching you play.
3: Vibe - VGG's in doubles. Thought me and Dai were gonna have you! Lots of fun playing you, and I hope to get more chances soon.
4: JamesG - An epic 2v1 comeback you had during your doubles match with Vibe/Pat! It's awesome to watch the things you do. Can't ever count you out. Also had fun during the friendlies we had there, we should do more here back in Cuse, it's always a good experience.
5: CAC - Really enjoyed the Falco dittos in bracket! besides my noob side-B off the stage at the end there I was happy with the matches. I really look forward to playing you again sometime soon, I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from your Falco. Also thanks for almost letting us have grand finals in your room lol.
5: Sharky - Enjoyed our extensive talk of videogames on the way out there, and the sleepy car ride on the way back. Great Job representing Cuse in teams. After that singles match against Cura we all know who got you guys to grand finals... with that 3-stock on his Marth and all...=D
7: CJT - The most fun I had during the tourney was against you. Our Link and Rob must meet again for more epic fights! Really enjoyed our money match. Thought I was gonna get you in that final game, but you got the best of me right there at the end. At some point I'll get Sharky to upload them. Great Job placing in teams with JamesG. You guys did some awesome work to get there.
7: Calm - GGs in bracket, I really enjoyed the matches. Of all my games of the day I think I can walk away from ours most satisfied, you outplayed me while I had no regrets in how I played. I hope we can do some friendlies in the future, and I hope I can be even better next time you see me!
9: Dai Luna - Good Stuff David, we ain't outclassed anymore. If we can be just a bit more solid in our team play and hurt eachother just a bit less we're capable of standing with anyone! Though we do gotta learn that D3 matchup lol. Good job on 9th.
9: L-Don - Good to see you again, I had fun playing your C. Falcon in low tiers. We'll have to do more Marth v. Link in the future!
9: Stack - Alright, so you barely limped out of pools after someone had to leave. But after some good matches and wins in bracket at least you showed you were fully capable of being there. Next time don't kill yourself and let some ROB inferior to CjT 2-0 you!
9: MetalPat - GGs in teams and bracket, Can't ever underestimate you! You'll probably be seeing about as much of my Falco as my Link in the future, so be ready for em both. And next time you and Vibe are going down! =P Good job on 9th
13: No_Skillz - GGs low tiers, really enjoyed playing your Mario. Got double eliminated by yours and Cura's, so I guess for next low tier I'll have to learn that matchup! Also you and Tyrant pretty much wrecked us in doubles lol. We'll have to prepare more for you next time!
13: BCB - GGs in pools. You shut down my Link pretty hard, and I thought I was gonna have you with my Falco until that brutal chain grab! First time I've ever seen it in person, and I don't like it lol. I'll have to get used to Wario for the future. Yours is very good. I hope I can make it to the Utica Tourney, and if so I look forward to seeing/playing you again!
13: Bre-z - If I'm not mistaken you were Olimar, correct? Those were GG's in bracket, I haven't played too many Olimars and you saw me at my best. Hope we get to play more in the future.
13: SonicNinja \
17: Phantom -- I'm not sure if I played any of you or not, hope we can next time =]
17: KA /

Beta / Erk:- Way to go doing serious work in Melee! I've never seen so many d-throw to upair with Fox, and I wouldn't wanna play against it! Bringin the wins home for Syracuse!

Zandaa/ Calm (again): Thanks a lot for an amazing tournament experience, I can't wait for next BEST, we'll just have to make sure grand finals happen next time.

Not to mention:
SYRACUSE V. ALBANY CREW BATTLE
next BEST, anyone?

.End Shoutouts

BrE-Z

Smash Rookie
About time I felt like actually posting haha. This was a great tournament. I had loads of fun! I always try to look at it as a learning experience when ever I come to these.

*1: Cura- I've gone to like 6 of these tournies and have yet to play you. I feel like it would be such a good and bad experience if I did haha.
*1: Omega Tyrant- The amount of destruction you did to me in pools was very sad for me haha. I'm really glad I got to play you, I learned a lot about the Olimar Wolf mu and I hope we get to play again soon.
3: Vibe- Gettin' *****. Seriously though, thanks for helping me out with my Olimar a bit again. Always a pleasure haha.
4: JamesG- I'm glad we got to play in doubles! They were good games for sure, I would have liked to see if I could match up well in singles though. Next time friendlies maybe?
5: CAC- I don't think we played at all, which a little disappointing. I watched a few of your matches though. Falco is not my favorite match up, but I gotta learn it haha.
5: Sharky- Great games this time! Like you said I gotta work on that stage control a bit better. I had it in the first game then just lost it in the next two. I really wanted to counter pick Yoshi's island though. Oh well
7: CJT- Also played in doubles but not singles! Saw some of your your matches though.
7: Calm- Didn't play you at all this time around, I wanted to duel Olimar with you! Jk of course haha. Maybe friendlies next time if you're not too busy?
9: Dai Luna- We played in doubles right? I'd be game for some friendlies next time. I need the practice haha.
9: Stack - As soon as I saw a Falco as my second match I was like... well this was fun, but I was glad I took one match! Must be doing something right I guess. We should do friendlies next time. I never get to play any Falcos and all I have to go on is theory haha.

PKnightmare

Smash Cadet
I wasn't sure if I was going to do shout outs this time because I don't think any of you actually remember me lol. But here we go anyway
*1:Cura- ggs in doubles. Was kinda disappointed that I didn't get to see your ice climbers this tournament. If your not too busy at the next tournament, maybe we could do some friendlies.
*1: Omega Tyrant- saw a few of your matches. The D3 was really good.
3: Vibe- Gettin ***** per usual. But seriously, your marth is sick and i wish I got to play you more at this tournament.
4: JamesG- Your a really chill guy. I was cool to play a good Lucario. I won't drop so many grabs next time.
5: CAC- Didn't play you but saw some of your matches. Should do friendlies next time.
5: Sharky- still have yet to play you in singles. But that Yoshi and Snake combo was pretty cool in teams.
7: CJT- Didn't play you at all. Should play some friendlies next time.
7: Calm- I practiced Wario's time for chaingrabs just for the match up with you... and you go Ditto Icies... So confused. I was throwing crap out there and hoping it would work. lol
9: Dai Luna- Played you in teams?? I believe it was an accident tho. lol. You guys got a good warm up match i guess.
9: L-Don- I'm not sure if I played you... It's hard to tell because I don't remember the people in my pool and pools are posted...
9: Stack- You seem like a cool guy. You play a good falco and played well in teams from what I saw.
9: MetalPat- didn't play you. Glad I didn't have to play your snake.
13: No_Skillz- Nice mario. No idea what do do with it but it was still fun. I would also like to point out that your name is misleading, you in fact have skillz lol.
13: BCB- idk if I played you... again pools issue.
13: SonicNinja- Lucas dittos next time. Its a very fun match up.
17: Phantom- Again not sure...
17: KA- didn't play you. curious to play that ROB and Pit tho. Maybe next time.
Pools/Teams I guess:
Adam(?) Your peach was good... I wish I didn't drop all my grabs...
Nito- Epic match. I have a new found hate for bananas
DE- lucas dittos were fun. Just look up Crimson Child's vids for lucas ditto highlights... they will help a little.
Overall had a lot of fun and can't wait to go to the next Best. The venue was great and the organization seemed pretty good. Would like to see pools players since it was like half the attendance... Next time my Ice Climbers will be more clutch with their grabs.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
yeah Axiem, I don't avoid grabs that well, so I figured I would make that a moot point. And I've been working on my icies anyway, so it seemed like the right time to use them.

And Bre-Z that name is so funny. I wish I got to hang out with you guys more. You remind me of my group of friends lol. We'll have to Oli ditto next time. I'm pretty sure you took a game from me in pools the last time we played, so maybe you'll beat me this time.

PKnightmare

Smash Cadet
Your icies were good. I'm not even sure how to practice that match up though lol. We came up with the name Bre-Z by looking at a febreze can... lol true story. Next tournament we should chill more Calm.

BrE-Z

Smash Rookie
I think so yeah? Weren't you using MK then? I remember you didn't wanna Oli ditto haha. We should Oli ditto though... great practice for pikmin cycling :p

And yeah you should chill with us, you just seemed really busy helping out. I know I'd be happy to help if needed next time. I remember the pools I was in the sheet was like... not readable haha. I know everything was rushed cuz we were behind :/

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the oli ditto that much because it's hard to keep track of which/how many pikmin are yours. I often think I have more synced to me than I do. I was using a little mk at that time, but I don't remember if I used it against you. I guess maybe.

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
Man after coming to this tournament, I found out that I ****ing suck lol I need to practice more and get a new controller. I regret so much from my game play in both singles and doubles. Anyway GGs to everyone who I played. I guess I'll add shoutouts in another post soon.

BrE-Z

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of Oli dittos for the sake of it really shows how close you pay attention to your pikmin. Once you got em flying everywhere its hard to keep track but I feel like the experience of it all is invaluable. I'd be interested in seeing how well I actually keep track of my pikmin lol. (Because I feel like I do an ok job of it)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
1. Cura - Damn you picking the character I have no reliable answer to :p Next time we meet, I do look forward to defeating you.

3. Vibe - After those 3 sets, I think we'll both appreciate not having to see each in tournament for quite a bit. I see my Dedede has progress quite a bit since ASX3, where then you were able to multistock him without much effort.

4. James G - I would have liked to play you 1 on 1, especially considering I have yet to play a competent Lucario.

5. CAC - I noticed you have a Dedede now, which is good as I need that matchup experience.

5. Sharky - You have definitely improved since ASX3, I wasn't expecting to see you place this high.

7. CJT - You killed me when I went to kill your partner :(

7. Calm - Revenge will have to wait :p You'll probably want to avoid counterpicking me to Halberd in future matches.

9. Dai Luna - To think, have you not whiffed that Rest, I likely would have placed 13th in Low Tiers, as opposed to reaching 3rd. Your Jigglypuff exposed my lack of matchup knowledge so well.

9. L-Don - BAIR! Nice team matches.

9. Stack - Don't have much to say, other than to keep distance from Dedede as Falco.

9. Metal Pat - Seems I'm the best Ganon in New York :p Those were fun Ganon dittos.

13. No_Skillz - You did decent for your first tournament, though I did expect you to place higher. Your set with James G was the most intense set I seen that night. Also, you have to protect me in teams when I go to bair someone offstage, so I don't get fair'd to death by CJT D:

13. BCB - Nice team matches, I look forward to seeing you at Utican.

13. Bre-z - If you need Wolf practise, you can play some friendlies with me the next we're at the same tournament.

13. SonicNinja - I'm afraid I didn't get a chance to meet you.

17. Phantom - Shame we couldn't get to fully play out our tournament set. Next time.

17. KA - You remind me of someone back in Schenectady High who also used R.O.B. and Sonic, is this person perhaps you?

Frankie - Before I fought Cura in Winners Finals, you came the closest to taking a game off me, while using Captain Falcon. You did impress me in our pool set, and it's nice to see someone who plays Captain Falcon seriously.

Amaya - Your Marth does seem to have potential, though you'll need to work on combating Dedede's bairs better.

Kirby guy I do not remember the name of - Your Kirby was pretty good at utilising the bair, though you'll need to learn how to utilise Kirby's potent grab and throw game.

Beta - Great job at winning Melee singles, and thanks for the support you gave me.

Zaandaa - This was the tournament I attended I enjoyed the most so far, even if it ran too late and technically didn't finish.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Thank you CJT for teaming with me. You did a great job and need to stop putting blame on yourself. We both had our ups and downs during the team battles, but I will tell you that we BOTH pulled off some pretty clutch wins to get the placing that we did.
Idk, I just felt like I was blowing it with some really rookie mistakes. I definitely think we coulda taken em, I just got wrecked those last rounds :/
Brawl went slowly because ...
I think the fact that dubz WF had to wait almost an hour for Cura to do melee crews had something to do with it.
7: CJT
That's twice you knocked me out of Loser's Bracket and you beat me in a Money Match!! Game 3 you were sweating both times, I SAW IT! Money Match next time, it's on brah!
I'm down, just don't get better between now and then. k?
Unfortunately I've been unable to get matches up past the first one because they've been desyncing after I had to reinstall Dazzle's Instant DVD Recorder.
Like, video and sound desynch? Or the actual replays?
7: CJT - The most fun I had during the tourney was against you. Our Link and Rob must meet again for more epic fights! Really enjoyed our money match. Thought I was gonna get you in that final game, but you got the best of me right there at the end. At some point I'll get Sharky to upload them. Great Job placing in teams with JamesG. You guys did some awesome work to get there.
Thanks, dude! Damn, syracuse has some chill people. Definitely had a good time playin with ya. Also, I feel bad for BCB, he got stuck playing me after I just 2-0'd you and had to deal with my furi0us r4g3 lol

SYRACUSE V. ALBANY CREW BATTLE
next BEST, anyone?
This.

7. CJT - You killed me when I went to kill your partner :(
Next time, go Wolf in doubles and I'll just kill you without waiting for you to go for my partner!

blizzardbeam

Smash Cadet
Kirby guy I do not remember the name of - Your Kirby was pretty good at utilising the bair, though you'll need to learn how to utilise Kirby's potent grab and throw game.
Haha. That was me. I'm a jiggs player in melee and entered brawl purely for fun. :p Thanks Zandaa! I'll post shoutouts later.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Mad vids may god help ur soul zandaa.....those take foreva to upload so take ya time

:phone:

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Shoutoutz and ****.

Tournament:
Probably the funnest troy tournament I've been to, kinda prefer mk ban. Got to use a bunch of characters I suck with and get to still touch those butts. This issue with brawl taking awhile to start and everyone that ***** about brawl running to late.

I had to split Sinlges/Lowtiers/Doubles. All which i would have *****. I lost about 60-80 dollars in splitting and I got home aroun 5 am. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO ***** ABOUT!!!

Shoutoutz:

Beta: You did okay.
Erk: You did okay.
twebb: Jank.
Trademark: Carried.
Blizzardbeam: Play brawl.
Zaandaa: Good tournament
PiePusher: Come to fests
MCEM: Fun matches, I really enjoy sheik dittos, im probably the best at it.

Cura: Touched everyone butt.

Omega Tyrant: Pikachu ***** all your characters, learn the match up or im just gonna keep using pikachu against you.

Vibe: Didn't play you at all this tournament minus doubles.

JamesG: Probably would have beaten tyrant had you beat vibe.

CAC: Always manage to do really good in tounaments, we need you to travel more so you can start playing other players to see how you do against different playstyles.

Sharky: Lost to syracuse, can't really be disappointed in that.

CJT: Did pretty well this tournament, did some stupid stuff vs cac which cost you games but our set was pretty good. Close game one, and small come back on game 2.

Calm: Didn't play, go back to olimar. Would have done better vs james g

Dai Luna: touched no_skills butt

Stack: touched metal pats butt

MetalPat: Stack touched that butt

No_Skillz : Dai touched that butt

L-don: didn't play you at all or get to do our money match. Maybe at utica.

BCB: Glad you guys came out, was late which held stuff up. Maybe you can organize crews at utica or
something. PM if you want me to help out with the tournament and stuff. Ill be there.

Elyx: Don't know if you ever post on boards but you were easily 3rd seed in my pool and should have placed a lot better. Keep playing and **** next time.

Bre-z: I was watching you play, keep it up. Was impressed with you being able to take a game off stack and sharky in tournament. Olimar is going to be such a broken character now the metaknight is gone. If i was better id main olimar. Hes to much work.

Despite mk being banned, and there being the most entrants of any best, I probably had the easiest tournament ive had in a long time. Id like to thank ENY for being free.

Syracuse got 1/3/5/5 in melee singles. 1/3 in melee doubles
Syracuse got 1/4/5 in brawl singles. 1/3/5 in brawl doubles.
Syracuse got 1/1 in brawl low tiers.

I only dropped 1 game this whole tournament and that was to syracuse. Dont need mk. bai

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I started uploading Brawl stuff, but YouTube's giving me some issues. I'll finish up either later tonight or this weekend. All current links are in the first post. Melee needs some more editing, so that's going up after Brawl's done.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
did some stupid stuff vs cac which cost you games but our set was pretty good. Close game one, and small come back on game 2.
Yeah, tbh, I was not prepared to play CAC. I had just played a close match against Dai and then all of a sudden he was sitting there ready for his match, and I didn't really use my think-thing in my head. Also, I don't remember who it was, but I got tippered by a donkey punch. I didn't know it could hit that far. effemell
tl;dr johnz
Syracuse got 1/3/5/5 in melee singles. 1/3 in melee doubles
Syracuse got 1/4/5 in brawl singles. 1/3/5 in brawl doubles.
Syracuse got 1/1 in brawl low tiers.
And if we got to do crews you guys woulda taken 2nd in that too. Top 5 spots in evertything, not too shabby.

Elbr'erti

Smash Rookie
Cura: Thanks for the word of confidence. Next time should be better, I just need to clean up some easy mistakes.
Vibe: Come to club. I need practice.
Calm: Do you still go to club, or not anymore? I didn't get to play you this time around.
Stack: Nice to meet you, though I only got to play you in doubles.
MetalPat: I had a great start! Then I petered out and and SD'd.

Fun tourny overall, I just need to not suck and get out of pools >.>

Next time...

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I graduated, so I won't be at club very often unless I decide to make the trip when I'm off work. That said, I'll be there tomorrow. I was watching your match with Pat. You should have had him. :(

Top Bottom