• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8000's Link Guide

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
Wassup Yall Who Do You Think Would Win Out Of Germ And Aniki Germ No Doubt Is The Fastest Link I Have Ever Seen And Aniki Has Mind Games Down If I Was To Choose Somebody It Would Be To Hard What Do You All Think

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
Aniki. He's not the best in Japan for nothing, you know.

And besides, although his Link is fast, Germ has a little bit of trouble against projectile players - ie, see the Germ VS Wes matches.

YEAH I SEEN THAT VID AWHILE BACK AND ANIKI IF YOU NOTICED DOES NOT USE THE WAVEDASH BUT HAS A HELL OF ALLOT OF MINDGAMES HE IS AWSOME I WANNA BE LIKE ANIKI AND GERM COMBO THAT WILL BE AWSOME WHAT DO YOU THINK

PeeP

Smash Apprentice
Random fact i found out, if fox shoots a laser at link's back sometimes the hylian shield stops it.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
thats awsome i knew it stop the laser but not the fox laser i though it just went right through what version of ssbm do you have

CoM_Sreenath

Smash Rookie
aniki would win without a doubt. germ is fast, but against the best in the world he REALLY falters. He got FOUR STOCKED by isai more than once. he is too one dimensionally aggressive/fast with link, which takes a lot of skill but is not what link is best at

Aniki uses all his projectiles and mindgames like a true god. However, he STILL pulls off fast grab combos. He is all about surprise and if you do the wrong thing you may have 60 damage in the next few seconds.
His ledge grab + jump onto edge + A down (all in one second) has reaped him many kills.

Aniki beat Ken more than once, who is considered the best in the world. Not only that, Ken played his Marth, and Marth v Link is really hard for Link, and Ken Marth is very good against most anyone...

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
aniki would win without a doubt. germ is fast, but against the best in the world he REALLY falters. He got FOUR STOCKED by isai more than once. he is too one dimensionally aggressive/fast with link, which takes a lot of skill but is not what link is best at

Aniki uses all his projectiles and mindgames like a true god. However, he STILL pulls off fast grab combos. He is all about surprise and if you do the wrong thing you may have 60 damage in the next few seconds.
His ledge grab + jump onto edge + A down (all in one second) has reaped him many kills.

Aniki beat Ken more than once, who is considered the best in the world. Not only that, Ken played his Marth, and Marth v Link is really hard for Link, and Ken Marth is very good against most anyone...

yeah thats awsome i think aniki would mutilate him now but germ is getting reacked by everyone now but if i want somebodies speed i would like germs and anikis mind games that would be awsome

darkshy

Smash Ace
From_the_guide said:
#15. Running Hack, SHFFL Double Kick, Sword Sweep, Sword Chop, SHFFL Spinning Sword, Boomerang, Jump, Hylian Kick.

(Dash A, SHFFL Bair, Dsmash, Ftilt, SHFFL Fair, Side – B, Jump Nair)

Note: If done correctly this will KO an opponent
can the opponent DI out of this?

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
can the opponent DI out of this?
It's not a combo. After the shffl bair, you and your opponent land at the same time, and the bair knockback is low, so they could have airdodged if they wanted / wavelanded or landed and crouch cancelled /shielded. Then if you somehow land the dsmash they will probably tech off the ground, while you ftilt during their invincibility frames and they grab you.
You shouldn't try to memorize combos, just play a lot, and learn when you should do what in different situations. If you up+b and your opponent gets sent off the stage and is recovering horizontally back to the ledge, what would you do? You just have to get a feel for your move's start up lag and hitboxes so you can use each move to it's highest potential. If you know which move to use you should be able to combo fairly well. Don't memorize combos, because every situation is different, and no combo I can just type out will work at any % or on any character.

Gomi

Smash Apprentice
aniki would win...

but germ is good =)

but still aniki woyuld win

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
aniki would win...

but germ is good =)

but still aniki woyuld win

yes i have noticed that aniki is a way smarter player, and he does well with opponents with projectiles unlike germ so i think he would be confused playing against aniki but he will do deascent because smartness overpowers the speed in this game

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Um, I just went through the guide and most of the combos seem like a joke to me. None of them would work in highly competitive play. They can easily be DI'ed out of. Whatev. I guess this guide is for smashers who are new to Link.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Well the guide was made two years ago and it doesn't look like 8000 is updating it. I know this because I read through the thread (gasp). It is still a good guide, and obviously one guide isn't going to cover EVERYTHING, but this guide is still magnificient. The Link vs Marth matchup is extremely helpful to put you from evenly matched, to having a slight advantage.

If you're new with Link, this guide is going to blow your mind and be incredible.

If you're pretty experienced with Link, you can always learn, or at least have a second opinion. I have a feeling that alot of complaints are from particular playstyles they fight against, but if others show up, you have these options to work with.

I am an isolated Link player who plays pretty competetively with a group of around 20-25 smashers around my college and I am the only Link user(though still manage to be one of the top 3 or 4), not to mention I have to survive on a DIAL UP connection, since I live in the middle of nowhere. I Highly value this guide since there are some little tricks that I know now, like the bomb jump, using shield grabs, and finding SOME use for Link's pitiful Wave dash.

NOTE-This post may be a response to older things or to anyone, but is mainly a reaction to someone who said it needed to be unstickied.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
HALL of Fame

Well for those people who have wonder what D.A has been up to for all these yrs and what not everyone take a look at the link that i am about to give to you its the dawn of a new era people the return of D.A. This link sends you too our site that has our latest content called " HALL OF FAME" IT's a section on our site dedicated to all the smashers that mastered thier characters and repped thier characters to the point that all the knew who they are and called them the best or one of the best with thier character(s) so with out further or due i bring to you the hall of fame: http://smashguardians.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=173&Itemid=28. Note that if anyone has any pictures of any of the players listed on the hall of fame just send DA and emial or emial me at: lewdawes@aol.com hope everyone enjoys peace.

Ony

Smash Rookie
extremely useful guide. This will help a boat load. Covers about everything you need.
So far for me, against my friend; my grabs are the hardest to get off. Then again if you play the same person they can eventually counter you.... Right?

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
O come on...Maybe Jigglypuff isn't all that bad but i have never encountered a near decent one in my life.
umm lol. i wish you lived on the west coast.
Mangos jigglypuff = ****
look at the videos on youtube.
no decent jigglypuff. psh.

Son1cCh3f

Smash Rookie
great thread,i just picked up link and iam loving him,didn't know there were multiple stlyes for him,now i see where i fit in for him,good job

Top Bottom