• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8000's Link Guide

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Out of curiosity, 8000, do you have any match vids? It just occurred to me that I have never seen your Link in action.

Smash Lord
Unfortuneately i haven't been able to find the equipment or the time to record any matches. When i do find the time/equipment i'll record some matches but i don't have anything recorded yet.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
8000 said:
Unfortuneately i haven't been able to find the equipment or the time to record any matches. When i do find the time/equipment i'll record some matches but i don't have anything recorded yet.
Sweet. I am eager to see how you play. Just in case you never knew about it, you can find a $60 converter from the A/V cables to USB (with software).

Aiser

Smash Lord
All I have to say to this guid is thanks =D both your guide and HDL's have really made me a better link player I often refer my self to your guide when I'm in a pickle...>.>;

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Nicely done.

Aiser said:
All I have to say to this guid is thanks =D both your guide and HDL's have really made me a better link player I often refer my self to your guide when I'm in a pickle...>.>;
Heck, I play Young Link and I still drew inspiration from these two guides. Kudos to 8000 and HDL for workin' so hard. I gotta finish mine up so it's actually worth something...

Smash Lord
Guess what?!

I got a capture card and i'll put up matches within the next 2 weeks at most.

This also means my visual guide should be done in about a month.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Yay!

8000 said:
Guess what?!

I got a capture card and i'll put up matches within the next 2 weeks at most.

This also means my visual guide should be done in about a month.
YAY! 8000's Link in action! YAY! You better not disappoint us! ... no pressure... :chuckle:

Smash Lord
We'll see about that, i haven't played for about since early December. =)

I just don't WD =( lol lost the timing.

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Its liek ridding abike..>.>; a very annoying bike that bites you in the *** and then all the kids laugh at and you go and kill puppies and I think I've said tomuch, <_<
>_>
<_<
good job getting the capture card ^^'

Smash Lord
:cry:

My capture card is ****ed up. :(

*sigh*

I'm gonna use Lanowen's capture card but that's when he gets his new computer. :dizzy:

I'm not sure how long that's gonna be but my computer as well as my own capture card are being jerks so you'll have to wait a while before i can upload any videos. Sorry for this, it's gonna mean a HUGE delay from what i promised before hand.

The Mad Smasher

Smash Rookie
Very interesting guide helped out alot but i like to learn from experience not learn things all together at once like some people

P.S: has anyone heard from Falco 18 recently.

COLOR=White: Gonna get ya

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
*looks at calendar; awaits 8000 match vids*

Smash Lord
Too much stuff at the moment for me to attempt to record vids. I don't even have time to practice.

Like the new avatar Buzz.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
8000 said:
Like the new avatar Buzz.
Thanx. The other one I had was supposed to be symbolic of an upcoming crew but Coaxial Cable and I have other plans now. :chuckle:

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
That's really odd, I must've gotten my capture card the exact same day you did 8000. Why does it suck, what kind did you get? Mines kinda bad, I can't figure out how to record the sound. Anyways, for anyone that wants to check out a couple of my matches, search on google video "samus link".

Smash Lord
It has a 3 second lag time from anything i record. I found out how to fix the problem but i have to record on a blank tape or DVD on a VCR or DVD player and then transfer the recording from that with the "capture card" to the computer. Unfortuneately my VCR is outdated and doesn't work i could use it on my DVD player but i'm not sure how to record with it and i don't have the time to figure it out.

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty lame. I'm glad I at least get video on mine, thought the file sizes end up bein 140+ MB. Well, can't wait to see some vids.

Smash Lord
HOLY ****!!!

Andy got a new computer!! o.O

which means!!!!

MATCH VIDS!

in a matter of weeks they should be up. He has to get internet eshtablished for his computer and re-install his video card but after that i just have to go to his place, play a couple of games, and edit the matches. HAHAHA!! Soon....sooon.

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
Koopa Kong said:
Lol! have you added the grab,uthrow, jump, spin attack combo yet? I found it leet as i killed someone with 0% in the air with it!,
Whoever you played musn't have recovered from that fairly well. It'd be better off as a finishing combo than when they start with 0%. Throw in a couple utilts too.

Smash Lord
MATCH VIDS!!!

I recorded them today, they're very big and first they will be put onto a DVD since Lanowen doesn't want to upload them onto the net just yet. I'll do that myself but i have to figure out how :confused:

Anyways the main point is i have match vids recorded now. They're OK, not my best performance, i do a lot of rolls instead of WD which i'm pissed about, i guess it was just a bad day. They should be up relatively soon and i hope to record some more in the near future...very near.

Smash Lord
I put them up but the download time is horendous. I'm too lazy to find a good file hosting service, so go ahead and put them up.

It'll save me the agony.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Any progress, 8000? What's your new guide gonna look like? And where are those vids???

Smash Lord
I've had no spare time to work on it.

Also i'm very lazy, i have no idea when i will update the guide.

As for the videos i have some ****ty ones already up but download time is horrible. I'll post a link to one or two of the videos but i'm finished playing SSBM competitively. I'll give advice to others but i'm done with the game unless it's just for fun at people's homes.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Puttin' down the Master Sword, eh? You could've at least waited until the next smash came out and wiped out SSBM. :(

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong i'll play SSBR for sure. I'm just sick of SSBM and i don't put in enough effort or time to improve anymore. It's just not fun for me anymore so i don't see the point of plating competitively.

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
Its good to know when to hang up the tunic if your really not having any fun with it anymore. Too bad, less Link reppin at the tourneys. Oh well, its all good.

Volasko

Smash Ace
Andy, your a smash bully... look what u have done to 8000.....!!! Ahh well ill revenge you 8000 at this ottawa tourney, Andy ur going down lol!!

PS use Windows Movie Maker to edit ur vids and save them in a lower quality to get those file sizes down. I recomend the broadband setting (around 300 kps) as it will get u videos around 10 megs and are still good quality.

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
haha wow all this information is awesome because i can use some of these to make that much better so ya thanks. but hey do you know that germ guy? if you do can you beat him becasue hes pretty good and im just wondering if you think you are better then him? but anyways good job on all the information.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
8000 knows of him, but does not know him personally (at least to my knowlege), nor will he ever during the SSBM era if things on his side progress the way they are now.

Therefore, 8000 and The Germ will never play eachother in the SSBM era, and sorry to say, but 8000 too knows that it is true, he does not have the skill to beat The Germ due to several life-choices he made.
:dizzy:

Top Bottom