• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Can say I don't blame him. I mean we all have our reasons for maining our characters, no matter what it is.
no that's fine.

my reason for dropping fox and picking up marth in melee when i first started is because marth had a counter and i thought that was the coolest ****.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Hey, I know ive been gone for a while, but like do you guys ever get bullied or mocked by people in your scene for playing a character? Ive had it pretty rough with cloud since he came out because of people in my area.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hey, I know ive been gone for a while, but like do you guys ever get bullied or mocked by people in your scene for playing a character? Ive had it pretty rough with cloud since he came out because of people in my area.
No I don't, but I don't have a real local scene unfortunately.

That's ****ed up dude, ignore the haters.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I apologize for the slowness of the guide but ive been getting a ton of hate from my local scene. Im currently the best cloud in the area (im also the only one who places well at events here all the other clouds on new or not good and dont make it past round 1 usually) but ive had people actively tell me to stop using him and get mad if i use him. If I win they get mad and tell me im carried by cloud and stuff. Its been eating at me a ton. Its why ive been so inactive in this chat for a bit. So I apologize

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I've always played/Main Link he's been my go to fighter since Smash N64 ( no matter how bad he was *Cough* Brawl). Funny thing is as far as I can remember when ever I played a Fighting game I could never just stick to 1 or 2 fighters I played a lot of the characters mains, secondaries for fun you name it.

Sounds to me like you need to move.....jk, but no seriously you don't need that kind of negativity in life so move... okay i'll stop. To be serious though no matter where you go people are always gonna talk my advice to you prove them wrong make them eat their words. Choose your main in this case Cloud, practice get better, improve your skills with him and next time someone talks **** challenge them to a quick 2 stock match completely destroy them and say a clever 1 liner like.... " Better show Cloud some respect" or " Hey girl is your name Kirby?...cuz I wanna be inside you".....Wait don't use that last one.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Strong-Arm Strong-Arm I'm very sorry you had to go through all that but you really shouldn't let the the haters go through your head like that. If you like playing as your main, in this case Cloud, then by all means keep playing as him. Play whoever the **** you wanna play as regardless of what people might say.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Strong-Arm Strong-Arm

tell them niggas to "gitgud"

tell them if they think that cloud carries you; tell them to do the same and get results.

tell them to money match you and take their money.

tell them to stay mad

tell them to stay salty

and tell them to get their blood pressure under control because the salt is too strong

show them this video

talk **** and never stop telling them to gitgud

if they wanna be made they can be mad but just keep being the only cloud that places and keep living off that salt.

you're here to gitgud and win, not make people feel good.

like seriously they acting like *******.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
if the community isnt nice to you for good reasons, then you dont gotta be nice to them.

if they want to ***** and complain without actually doing something about it then its as i say

FREEE MONEY NIGGAAAAAA

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
if the community isnt nice to you for good reasons, then you dont gotta be nice to them.

if they want to ***** and complain without actually doing something about it then its as i say

FREEE MONEY NIGGAAAAAA
Careful with your words bruh we live in a world where people get offended easily...or people get offended that people get offended for things other people said....

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Don't let it get to you. Play who you want to play and feed off of the anger of those haters. Keep in mind that you didn't get where you are because people mocked you. If they are going to give you crap because you play a character they don't like, then that's their problem.

In short: screw those guys and keep on playing the magnificent SOLDIER.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Careful with your words bruh we live in a world where people get offended easily...or people get offended that people get offended for things other people said....
i'm black.

plus i dont really care if people get offended at me using the word "nigga. what does being offended actually supposed to do? make me stop using a word im apparently entitled to use? lmao

if society wants to uphold a double standard

then so be it.

people can get mad and stay mad lmao

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
i'm black.

plus i dont really care if people get offended at me using "*****"

they can get mad all they want lmao

i'll take my infractions too.

its just a word, and a word that US society deems its okay for me to say on a regular basis so *shrug*
That's Good you shouldn't get offended or care about someone else getting offended for using a word, It's the English ****ing language and if people have a problem then I have some advice for them..... Rosetta stone ( no not the Final fantasy item you dweebs ) the program learn a new language relocate and start a new.... But if people can look past that then more power to you!

Edit: I wasn't aiming that towards you just in general, don't hate me please....

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That's Good you shouldn't get offended or care about someone else getting offended for using a word, It's the English ****ing language and if people have a problem then I have some advice for them..... Rosetta stone ( no not the Final fantasy item you dweebs ) the program learn a new language relocate and start a new.... But if people can look past that then more power to you!

Edit: I wasn't aiming that towards you just in general, don't hate me please....
I dont hate you.

I actually think the double standard is really stupid.

I dont get mad at anyone using the word "nigga" unless its used in an obviously racist context. I call all my non-black friends that **** and they give me the weirdest look and tell me "but im not black"

to which i respond

"i know nigga. you still my nigga regards. you dont gotta be black for that ****."

and they look at me so happy.

its great.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I dont hate you.

I actually think the double standard is really stupid.

I dont get mad at anyone using the word "*****" unless its used in an obviously racist context. I call all my non-black friends that **** and they give me the weirdest look and tell me "but im not black"

to which i respond

"i know *****. you still my ***** regards. you dont gotta be black for that ****."

and they look at me so happy.

its great.
Agreed double standards are unnecessary and it's just pure ignorance, but i'm the same way with all my friends (I'm not black I'm Hispanic ) but I always use words others would find offensive. Although the difference my friends know I'm not using it in a hurtful manner, but rather jokingly and they're okay with it.....unlike the rest of society.

To which my reply " Freedom of speech ***** deal with it!.... what's that you don't want to hear those words?... well cover your ****ing ears! "

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I just want this wave of sensitivity to die down.

That being said

I completely forgot I could shielddrop out of limit charge.

I have to practice that and shield dropping out of a dash too.

orz

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I'm gonna need to practice that **** myself too busy with other stuff to play and improve, but i'll eventually get around to doing it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
i'm black.

plus i dont really care if people get offended at me using the word "*****. what does being offended actually supposed to do? make me stop using a word im apparently entitled to use? lmao

if society wants to uphold a double standard

then so be it.

people can get mad and stay mad lmao
Now that's what I call word to the wise.

D

Deleted member

I watched Advent Children yesterday. It was a pretty damn good movie and I enjoyed the action in it. Cloud was pretty enjoyable in the movie in my opinion; he was the still the same character at the end of FF7, but I liked how he changed in the movie where he is capable of raising a family and learning that he isn't alone. The movie alone made me bump Cloud as my second favorite Final Fantasy character (behind Terra). The highlight was obviously the Cloud and Sephiroth fight... that was amazing.
If people haven't watched it I would recommend it, especially if you want to find out what happens to the characters after Final Fantasy VII.
Now all that is left is for me to get a PSP and play Crisis Core!
Dirge of Cerberus? What are you talking about?

Unfortunately I have had that feeling. I play as Luigi, who was notorious for his down throw before the nerf, and I felt like I was left out and such because I play as Luigi.

I would ignore them if I were you. Don't let a bunch of people get to you and make you drop a character you love.

That awkward moment when you're the only person in the 'boards who realizes Cloud's AC outfit is just his VII gear updated with extra trimmings, a different haircut, and a new sword...
To be honest, I didn't notice it until now...

Strong-Arm Strong-Arm

tell them ****** to "gitgud"

tell them if they think that cloud carries you; tell them to do the same and get results.

tell them to money match you and take their money.

tell them to stay mad

tell them to stay salty

and tell them to get their blood pressure under control because the salt is too strong

show them this video

talk **** and never stop telling them to gitgud

if they wanna be made they can be mad but just keep being the only cloud that places and keep living off that salt.

you're here to gitgud and win, not make people feel good.

like seriously they acting like *******.
That video is just brilliant! :joyful:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I watched Advent Children yesterday. It was a pretty damn good movie and I enjoyed the action in it. Cloud was pretty enjoyable in the movie in my opinion; he was the still the same character at the end of FF7, but I liked how he changed in the movie where he is capable of raising a family and learning that he isn't alone. The movie alone made me bump Cloud as my second favorite Final Fantasy character (behind Terra). The highlight was obviously the Cloud and Sephiroth fight... that was amazing.
If people haven't watched it I would recommend it, especially if you want to find out what happens to the characters after Final Fantasy VII.
Did you watch AC on regular dvd or Blu-Ray? Because the final battle against Sephiroth is different towards the end on Blue-ray compared to dvd. Also If you have a decent pc you can get the PSP emulator and play Crisis Core that way. That game is well worth the time, it's a roller coaster ride of emotions and by the end of it you will have a serious case of the feels. Just a heads up for when you do play CC you don't play as Cloud you play as Zack the game is a prequel and unless you played FF7 some things will make sense/ finally be explained, or if it's your first time then you'll be confused....then again with the remake of FF7 you're in luck.

D

Deleted member

Did you watch AC on regular dvd or Blu-Ray? Because the final battle against Sephiroth is different towards the end on Blue-ray compared to dvd. Also If you have a decent pc you can get the PSP emulator and play Crisis Core that way. That game is well worth the time, it's a roller coaster ride of emotions and by the end of it you will have a serious case of the feels. Just a heads up for when you do play CC you don't play as Cloud you play as Zack the game is a prequel and unless you played FF7 some things will make sense/ finally be explained, or if it's your first time then you'll be confused....then again with the remake of FF7 you're in luck.
I watched it online and it was the Complete version. I dunno how different the fight is between Cloud and Sephiroth at the end of the movie.

Unfortunately, I have a Mac, but I am willing to shell out some money later to buy a PSP with Crisis Core. I am aware that I don't play as Cloud, but Zack is a pretty cool character from what I've seen.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I watched it online and it was the Complete version. I dunno how different the fight is between Cloud and Sephiroth at the end of the movie.
The difference between the regular dvd and the complete Blu-ray movie is that Complete contains over thirty minutes of new footage and had the soundtrack modified to accommodate the new scenes, as well as to sound more similar to music from Final Fantasy VII.

Unfortunately, I have a Mac, but I am willing to shell out some money later to buy a PSP with Crisis Core. I am aware that I don't play as Cloud, but Zack is a pretty cool character from what I've seen.
Zack is awesome and my favorite character in the Final Fantasy 7 universe/world. There's so many reason I can list as to how badass and relateable he is as a character. I won't say anything because then i'll spoil Crisis Core for you, but trust me once you play through that game you'll understand why he is loved a lot by the fanbase.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Advent Children's great, I loved how badass Cloud was in it lol. Where did you watch it? The links I provided earlier have sound sync issues (which I plan to fix once I have time) but if you found Advent Children Complete without them please give me a link
>pitying cloud because of bad players

i mean welcome aboard regardless

but that has to be one of the most intersting and out of left field reasons i've heard for someone picking up a character lmfao
One Punch Man is so good
I have to say I dislike the use of ***** as a racist slur. Obviously it started out that way but I feel it's mainly taken on a different use now and I think it shouldn't ever be regarded or used as a slur. I'd love to be able to say it more freely :/

Last edited:

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
Advent Children's great, I loved how badass Cloud was in it lol. Where did you watch it? The links I provided earlier have sound sync issues (which I plan to fix once I have time) but if you found Advent Children Complete without them please give me a link
It's probably against the rules for @XenoBrawler610 to give you a direct link to the movie. I'd recommend Kissanime though, only place I've found without popups

_Nives_

Smash Cadet
i dunno if it's a placebo but, when i charge the limit by myself it feel a bit longer like 1 sec did anyone can check the frame for the charge ? Thanks

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Ive started back on the guide again. Im currently working on it in a google doc to make it easier to edit and so that I can edit it while at school (School wifi blocks smash boards)

D

Deleted member

hello my boys.

i like cloud. i like people who play cloud. this is good. :4cloud:

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Ive started back on the guide again. Im currently working on it in a google doc to make it easier to edit and so that I can edit it while at school (School wifi blocks smash boards)
That's strange. For some reason my school wifi allows Smashboards. But then again, they have basically no clue how to run anything related to Internet. They apparently have off-campus blocks for sites like Tumblr, but unblock them...on school grounds?

hello my boys.

i like cloud. i like people who play cloud. this is good. :4cloud:
Welcome, welcome. Cloud is very good indeed. And so are the Cloud forums.

FF7 discussion is in somebody's mom's basement and the AC meet is at Hot Topic, btw.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why?

She sucks in neutral.

We're excellent in neutral.

Bayo's biggest strength is her punish game.

As long as we dont get over zealous, I dont see how we lose.

In other news, I decided to make this video anyways.

It's a true combo in training mode, but ofc this has no DI.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's not in either party's favor heavily.

Cloud's neutral is essentially stupid enough to actually be competitive in this matchup because of Limit Break and well....being Cloud.

I still think Sheik and Diddy are much worse matchups. (and by that I mean 6:4 because we're still Cloud lol).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've continued to play around with Cloud, and it seems that while Finishing Touch is able to deliver strong knockback, the rewards are a lot better if you use the other special moves instead.

And of course, I like to try out customizations, so I did up the following for Cloud...

Lo-Jump is probably one of the few negative bonus effects that aren't too detrimental to the fighter, as it only weakens your fighter's ground jumps, while his/her mid-air jumps remain unaffected.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If he cant AC rising nair, bair, and uair, then its not worth it lmao
May I ask what AC is supposed to mean? Lo-Jump may hinder a fighter's ground jumps, but it's a small price for that extra attack power. The penalties are much worse with the Air Pushover and Imperfect Shield bonus effects; the former weakens your aerial attacks, while the latter prevents you from doing perfect shielding.

Top Bottom