• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To me, the original Cloud is the only Cloud. I absolutely detest his AC design.
I don't detest it, but I never use it.

Original Cloud for me. It's even more nostalgic to me because I started playing smash bros back when I was playing FFVII for the first time.

And.. I dunno, everything about original Cloud stands out as more iconic and original than the AC outfit. The hair, the sword, the single shoulderpad, he's just THE Cloud.
AC Cloud looks like a grown up Roxas. But hey, that's just me. I'm glad I'm part of the minority in this case. :D

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I prefer AC, as much as I love the original design, in Smash his hair just looks like plastic. Everything else is fine, it's just the hair.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I've been wondering if I should join the Cloud bandwagon myself. I did purchase Corrin yesterday, but I have no interests in getting Lucas, Ryu, or Bayonetta.

I guess in a way, part of me wants to try to utilize Limit Break more efficiently than what I've seen at the Replay Channel.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I like the original Cloud more. I think he's a bit tougher looking for some reason. AC Cloud is cute; I like his fluffier hair and sword, but he has always looked a tad too feminine for my liking. Besides, FF7 Cloud is more iconic, which is why I pick him.

I think if AC Cloud had a slightly more masculine looking face, I'd pick him more than the original. I still use AC every now and then though; I use the sleeveless one with Aerith's ribbon since I find that one cute.

Edit: ALSO guys, how do you fight Bayonetta and Corrin? Mostly Corrin? I find that Corrin has really good range, and moves like his/her forward smash, side-b, up air and counter hard to contest. I don't think Corrin is OP or anything, but I do find him/her a tad bit annoying to fight.

I'm also asking this for Bayonetta. Less people use her, and I myself have never fought a Bayonetta before. I'm asking this just in case. I also feel that Bayonetta will be a huge counter for Cloud, because her Down Smash and Witch Time are great for defeating characters whose recoveries don't snap to the ledge. Thoughts on these match ups?

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I've always preferred original Cloud over AC Cloud. I like how he looks tougher and more confident, plus it's his iconic look. AC Cloud looks like some teen girl's fanfic interpretation of him and that puts me off on the design.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like playing the original / SOLDIER Cloud because I like his design more. I also feel more empowered when I use the Buster Sword than the Fusion Sword.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
We still talking about Cloud's original and AC design here? Y'all never ceases to amaze me.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure which Cloud I prefer, both versions look pretty awesome.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Im just sad we didnt get a Zack alt.
Zack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cloud

Corgi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corgi-of-Time
Im just sad we didnt get a Zack alt.
Zack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cloud
Well technically we did. Cloud's original FF7 outfit has a black tanktop palette. I guess you could take a sharpie to your monitor and make him look not blonde. Good 'nough?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I would've loved a Zack alt. I doubt it would be possible though, since most characters didn't get any character changing alts except got Olimar and Bowser Jr. Dark Pit and Lucina almost became character alts, but they were turned into characters instead because the team had more time to work on them.

I think Square Enix was pretty strict on Cloud's alts in general; almost all the alts look the same, and we didn't even get KH Cloud or Crossdress Cloud. If we couldn't get any more alt costumes and colors, then we surely couldn't have gotten a Zack alt. A Zack alt requires voice acting and a slight model change. I'm guessing we didn't get any more alts because either the DLC team was running out of time, or because Square Enix wouldn't let them use any other alts. Heck, it could be both.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I like the original Cloud more. I think he's a bit tougher looking for some reason. AC Cloud is cute; I like his fluffier hair and sword, but he has always looked a tad too feminine for my liking. Besides, FF7 Cloud is more iconic, which is why I pick him.

I think if AC Cloud had a slightly more masculine looking face, I'd pick him more than the original. I still use AC every now and then though; I use the sleeveless one with Aerith's ribbon since I find that one cute.

Edit: ALSO guys, how do you fight Bayonetta and Corrin? Mostly Corrin? I find that Corrin has really good range, and moves like his/her forward smash, side-b, up air and counter hard to contest. I don't think Corrin is OP or anything, but I do find him/her a tad bit annoying to fight.

I'm also asking this for Bayonetta. Less people use her, and I myself have never fought a Bayonetta before. I'm asking this just in case. I also feel that Bayonetta will be a huge counter for Cloud, because her Down Smash and Witch Time are great for defeating characters whose recoveries don't snap to the ledge. Thoughts on these match ups?
Pick a different char :troll:

I feel like Corrin shouldn't be using sideb against a grounded Cloud for the most part; it's extremely punishable. Uair is good, I'm not sure if you can punish a properly spaced one on shield, and it kills. You'll probably just have to accept that this is a good move and move on lol. Fsmash you can SH or dtilt over/under if it's not angled and hopefully you won't be in it's optimal range often, try to keep them on your Buster/Fusion Sword and they shouldn't be busting out fsmash that often. Cloud's not really that vulnerable to counters, but they're still annoying... grab more i guess? :facepalm:
Surprised nobody is having problems with her bair...

Bayo? idk, Cloud's recovery isn't nearly as vulnerable to Witch Time and dsmash as say, Ike's. It's more of a Mac type stituation where our recovery is so short that we either snap or we end up just below the edge and grab after the animation. Should you have to use it above the edge, just do the downward strike and sweetspot from there. I think Bayo is good for Cloud; we can take advantage of rage very well and we're fast enough to punish misused Bullet Arts. She's also really vulnerable to offstage nair with her slow airspeed, and if we steal her jump with a nair she's 100% ded. She can drag us offstage with fair tho,held nair can kinda ruin us offstage, and we're tall so we get hit with Bullet Climax easier. Witch Time is also less of a problem for us because our multihits and lingering hitboxes will probably catch her if she goes for anything but a smash. Not to say WT isn't a problem; that move is good.

Also, I've never played FFVII, but AC Cloud was SUCH a badass.
:4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2:
His AC costume does look bad on 3DS, so I use both costumes on 3DS tho :4cloud:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've never played Final Fantasy VII myself, and have never really gotten into the mainstream Final Fantasy series as a whole. I guess part of it is not just the difficulty of the games, but after the SNES era, most Final Fantasy titles have never been released on Nintendo consoles, excluding the handhelds and remakes.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306

I feel like Corrin shouldn't be using sideb against a grounded Cloud for the most part; it's extremely punishable. Uair is good, I'm not sure if you can punish a properly spaced one on shield, and it kills. You'll probably just have to accept that this is a good move and move on lol. Fsmash you can SH or dtilt over/under if it's not angled and hopefully you won't be in it's optimal range often, try to keep them on your Buster/Fusion Sword and they shouldn't be busting out fsmash that often. Cloud's not really that vulnerable to counters, but they're still annoying... grab more i guess? :facepalm:

Bayo? idk, Cloud's recovery isn't nearly as vulnerable to Witch Time and dsmash as say, Ike's. It's more of a Mac type stituation where our recovery is so short that we either snap or we end up just below the edge and grab after the animation. Should you have to use it above the edge, just do the downward strike and sweetspot from there. I think Bayo is good for Cloud; we can take advantage of rage very well and we're fast enough to punish misused Bullet Arts. She's also really vulnerable to offstage nair with her slow airspeed, and if we steal her jump with a nair she's 100% ded. She can drag us offstage with fair tho,held nair can kinda ruin us offstage, and we're tall so we get hit with Bullet Climax easier. Witch Time is also less of a problem for us because our multihits and lingering hitboxes will probably catch her if she goes for anything but a smash. Not to say WT isn't a problem; that move is good.

Also, I've never played FFVII, but AC Cloud was SUCH a badass.
:4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2:
His AC costume does look bad on 3DS, so I use both costumes on 3DS tho :4cloud:
How dar u criticiz my charaktr choice /s

Thanks for the tip. I'm not trying to be a scrub or anything, nor am I trying to say these characters are OP and need to be nerfed. I'm just looking for tips on how to fight these guys, and whether these guys are a threat to Cloud or not.

Also, I was playing friendlies at a tournament yesterday. I haven't played against a Corrin in singles that much, but I do know that he/she is a pain in doubles, that's for sure. Maybe that's where my complaints are coming from.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well now that I have a PS4, I would go to the PS store to buy and download Final Fantasy VII but I have no intention on downloading anything from the shop...except maybe for some PS3 games available for rent.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
But it brings the hypest hype!

Smooth Criminal
Heh heh, I see what you did there. :D

I still use AC every now and then though; I use the sleeveless one with Aerith's ribbon since I find that one cute.
Ah, so that's what that is. Hmm, that actually makes me like that costume a little.
(I already liked it more because it doesn't have those ridiculous asymmetrical sleeves)

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
That awkward moment when you're the only person in the 'boards who realizes Cloud's AC outfit is just his VII gear updated with extra trimmings, a different haircut, and a new sword...

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I've hopped onto the Cloud bandwagon today. Time to see how I can utilize the Limit Break status myself.
I would jump on too if only I can buy a eshop card (have to wait 2 weeks :().

Lately I've been wondering if I should join the Cloud bandwagon myself. I did purchase Corrin yesterday, but I have no interests in getting Lucas, Ryu, or Bayonetta.

I guess in a way, part of me wants to try to utilize Limit Break more efficiently than what I've seen at the Replay Channel.
I agree with you soooo much on this. FG cloud is terrible. Almost every match i see on the replay channel is a lost for Cloud and I want to use him as a co-main with Corrin and use him better than any FG Cloud who throws out F smashes and wastes their limit going for "style" in FT when they could you in for a more optimal punish in LB CS or LB BB and even LB CH.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I agree with you soooo much on this. FG cloud is terrible. Almost every match i see on the replay channel is a lost for Cloud and I want to use him as a co-main with Corrin and use him better than any FG Cloud who throws out F smashes and wastes their limit going for "style" in FT when they could you in for a more optimal punish in LB CS or LB BB and even LB CH.
So far, I am at a good start with using Cloud, even if it has only been on Smash 3DS right now. For starters, I've been learning to use Limit Charge whenever the opportunity rises, and whenever I'm in Limit Break mode, I've been working on conserving it by trying to avoid using Cloud's special moves recklessly. It may be inconvenient having to go all close combat, but as long as you're in Limit Break mode, Climhazzard's recovery is improved greatly.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I love both of Clouds Costumes original and AC now if I were to choose 1 it would probably be his default. Now that might just be because of me growing up playing Final Fantasy 7 that outfit just grew on me but I like both his get ups equally.

Edit: did anyone happen to see the thread posted on the Cloud boards yesterday called
What do I do against you?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So far, I've went with the Advent Children outfit, mostly because Cloud's hair looks less crazy with that outfit than with his default outfit.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That awkward moment when you're the only person in the 'boards who realizes Cloud's AC outfit is just his VII gear updated with extra trimmings, a different haircut, and a new sword...
I actually didn't even know that. But then again, as I once mentioned, I never played Final Fantasy VII before.

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
You know, there's one thing that I just now thought about regarding the FF7 remake.

The Honey Bee Inn will be censored out of existence.

Or we get it in full HD ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I didn't know you were here.

First you were against his inclusion for not having anything to do with Nintendo, but now, you saw the light.
Well, good to have you aboard, Mr. Sensitive. :denzel:

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Looks like I dont have to make the video after all.

This sounds like something you have to consciously think about doing rather than instinctual, I'll try to practice that. How useful have you found it?
:4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2:

First you were against his inclusion for not having anything to do with Nintendo, but now, you saw the light.
Sensitive boi over here lmao

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This sounds like something you have to consciously think about doing rather than instinctual, I'll try to practice that. How useful have you found it?
:4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2:

Sensitive boi over here lmao
I landed that Uair FT shown in the video.

I also punished someone earlier in a wifi tourney i just lost in lmao.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin

Blade Beam beats out Corrin's Side B. As soon as they use it just throw it out there lol They kick they get hit. Only option is to jump out but majority of the time they will get hit.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Anyone know a guy called "Seph^"
Thats his For Gloryname plays as Cloud with the Black coat outfit.

And has Anyone came across a guy in For Glory with the name
"VILLIANS"
he often plays as Ganon & DDD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Let's just say that I had to lose some steam when I found out about Cloud's inclusion. Eventually, I got through it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Unnecessary steam to be exact.

Regardless, it's a good thing you got though it.
In a way, seeing players use Cloud poorly in the For Glory matches felt a whole lot worse, and I got pretty tired of seeing players not conserving Limit Break. I guess you could say that I pity the things that Cloud had to go through.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
In a way, seeing players use Cloud poorly in the For Glory matches felt a whole lot worse, and I got pretty tired of seeing players not conserving Limit Break. I guess you could say that I pity the things that Cloud had to go through.
And that influenced you to pick Cloud up? Because of pity?

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
>pitying cloud because of bad players

i mean welcome aboard regardless

but that has to be one of the most intersting and out of left field reasons i've heard for someone picking up a character lmfao

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can say I don't blame him. I mean we all have our reasons for maining our characters, no matter what it is.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i mean welcome aboard regardless

but that has to be one of the most intersting and out of left field reasons i've heard for someone picking up a character lmfao
Everyone has his/her own tale to share. I just never brought it up for quite a while.

Top Bottom