• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
**** SECONDARIES.

CLOUD ONLY ALL DAY ERRIDAY.

TROUBLES WITH RUSHDOWN?

GITGUD.

Also I feel like Shielddropping is easier to do this patch.

How many of you ****s actually Shielddrop and incorporate it into your game?

If you dont, THEN YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU NEED TO FIX THAT **** ASAP.

Cloud's aerials are godlike for shielddropping. Uair, Bair, and Nair specifically.

Last edited:

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Cloud's aerials are godlike, period.

And the character as a whole is godlike. Bless Sakurai. (even tho I'm still salty over Corrin lol)

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
**** SECONDARIES.

CLOUD ONLY ALL DAY ERRIDAY.

TROUBLES WITH RUSHDOWN?

GITGUD.

Also I feel like Shielddropping is easier to do this patch.

How many of you ****s actually Shielddrop and incorporate it into your game?

If you dont, THEN YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU NEED TO FIX THAT **** ASAP.

Cloud's aerials are godlike for shielddropping. Uair, Bair, and Nair specifically.
Preach brother! Preach!

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Yeah his aerials are godlike

BUT HAVE YOU SHIELDDROPPED AN AERIAL RECENTLY?
That's even BETTER.
Yes, enlighten me!

Also, Advent Children Cloud is now available as a main select! FOR PREMIUM MEMBERS RRR

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yes, enlighten me!

Also, Advent Children Cloud is now available as a main select! FOR PREMIUM MEMBERS RRR
Shielddropping is where you drop through a platform directly from shield.

It's relevant and useful because you skip the 7f cooldown letting go of shield.

This is important because it makes punishing opponents that try to attack you from below much easier. The reason why I'm stressing it all of a sudden is being able to convert an attack on your shield into an Uair while you're on a platform is pretty dank. It also is just good in general because its a tool for escaping platform pressure.

Imaging someone doing a rising aerial on your shield on BF and you shielddrop into an uair and combo that into like FT or another uair.

It makes the opponent think again about rising aerials on your shield, making them use more falling aerials and creating a mixup situations where you and you opponent have to predict one option or another.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I can't believe there are people who think this.

AC Cloud has, like, the best design of any third party character in this game

Smash 4 AC Cloud to me =

I especially dont like how the hair is rendered in this game.

AC cloud is okay in AC, but in Smash 4 its like "ugh **** looks tacky and waaaaaaaaaaaaay too edgy" especially when tossed on the "im so cool and you're not" attitude Cloud has in his taunts/victory quotes/etc.

maybe because AC Cloud is a fairly serious cloud and everything in Smash is cartoony/exotic as ****.

Last edited:

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Smash 4 AC Cloud to me =

AC cloud is okay in AC, but in Smash 4 its like "ugh **** looks tacky and waaaaaaaaaaaaay too edgy" especially when tossed on the "im so cool and you're not" attitude Cloud has in his taunts/victory quotes/etc.

maybe because AC Cloud is a fairly serious cloud and everything in Smash is cartoony/exotic as ****.
That's a fair point. I would take regular Cloud if he had the Fusion Sword.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I don't see nothing wrong with his AC design in Smash. Otherwise, I wouldn't be using it as my main palette swap choice.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I think I prefer that palette. This, considering I haven't played FFVII yet. AC does have the edge factor, but in his normal costume I find the bolts in his shoulder armour weird.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
So I've been away from my Wii U this whole week so I've yet to play with the new patch and Corrin and Bayonetta.

But how does Cloud seem to stack up against them at the moment? I planned to take Cloud seriously as my primary but I gotta know what other Cloud players feel about his place in the metagame atm

On paper and from watching several streams and footage I feel like he does well for the most part but that's obviously different than from actually playing

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I've thought about this before. What if AC Cloud was a different character? (Ignoring the haters) and had a moveset canon to Advent Children? Using the AC Omnislash as a FS, and using moves like this for tilts and such
Shielddropping
How to do this? Teach us your ways

ultimatemaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
resangan
So I've been away from my Wii U this whole week so I've yet to play with the new patch and Corrin and Bayonetta.

But how does Cloud seem to stack up against them at the moment? I planned to take Cloud seriously as my primary but I gotta know what other Cloud players feel about his place in the metagame atm

On paper and from watching several streams and footage I feel like he does well for the most part but that's obviously different than from actually playing
check this out http://smashboards.com/threads/developing-clouds-feat-mew2king-tohfoo-zephyr.429972/

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
It bothers me that any char M2K plays automatically makes people recognize him as the prime example of that char

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I wouldn't let it bother you too much. Mew2King is only getting recognition for Cloud because he himself is a damn good player. He almost outshined DKWill for Donkey Kong when he played him strictly for Ding Dong. People that automatically take him as the prime example aren't looking deep enough. Not because of Komorikiri, but because basing yourself off of just one player is a big mistake and limits yourself in the process.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't usually do this but I'm just gonna leave this here.
Of all the For Glory matches I had playing as Cloud, this was perhaps the best one I've ever had yet.
Oh, and please. Never mind my scrubbyness. :smash:

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
> goes on FG as Cloud
> finds all Corrins and no Ganons
> rangequits

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Cloud beats the **** out of Bayonetta and its not even funny.

Clouds the second best swordfighter.

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Cloud beats the **** out of Bayonetta and its not even funny.
He really does beat her in so many ways. She's so punishable and his punish game is so strong.

The Chocobo Man will rule all the tiers eventually. All of them. :^]

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I don't usually do this but I'm just gonna leave this here.
Of all the For Glory matches I had playing as Cloud, this was perhaps the best one I've ever had yet.
Oh, and please. Never mind my scrubbyness. :smash:

More spacing and runoff nairs plz

good job tho :awesome::awesome::shades:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
The Cloud/Link match-up is in Link's favour isn't it? If so I'm pretty surprised we won
As the guy who posts the Wii U Conquest Results on a weekly basis here (http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-conquest-thread.390400/page-7), I can add that these Weekly Conquests take into account FAR more than just the FG 1 On 1 rooms:

FG Teams,
FG FFAs (My room of choice for doing these Weekly Conquest Point Gathering Attempts, btw),
FF Teams,
and FF FFAs

Are ALL taken into account, which COULD help explain why Cloud won as much as he did during last week, along with my own reasoning that I used during that week here (Look for Orange Text. Underlined is reasons AGAINST Cloud winning):
I know not if I'm really fit to play up the grand historic scale of this fated duel, but I CAN at least direct you readers to their Character Boards that have been talking about this MU.

I HAVE seen some talk of Cloud VS Link over at the Cloud board's Social Thread, though I'm not sure how far back that was. Considering how lively it's been, you'll probably have to go back tens of pages or so to find that intel.

As for Link's side of the MU, there's this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/mu-the-final-fantasy-duel.428339/#post-20732606

As for my RP-dressed intel on Cloud, scroll above to my last post, despite it being tailor-made with DH in mind. ((http://smashboards.com/threads/sic-...-floac-and-clodd.379294/page-11#post-20761564))

(Splooshi came back afterwards. What we found was more negativity for my kind, with someone going so far as to claim -2 in favor of Cloud. Splooshi was probably the most optimistic out of all the participants that week.)

<Glimmer Ardor the Shell-Less Boomerang Bro that's cosplaying as Hope Estheim in his 13-1 outfit> "Well, I can at least trust that the Hero of Time will be more capable of winning against the SOLDIER than Hunt will in a For Glory Anywhere environment, IF the general consensus over at Heartless Hunt's boards are of any indication. In a Customs On and multiple legal stages environment, Hunt can retaliate at full capacity."

However, it's been 7 weeks since Cloud's debut. If FE Roy is any indication, that COULD be one of his biggest obstacles in the 3DS version, given the historical precedence of the DLC Cast Members generally performing better on the Wii U than on the 3DS. Then again, this is his 1st time in a Weekly Conquest, and if the previous DLC Cast Member debuts are any indication, Cloud's odds of winning this week on both fronts are looking VERY high with that fact in mind. He's also been seeing MUCH representation in actual tournaments, and even producing genuine results. ALL THAT is what I'm banking on this week.
The points gathered seem to be based on the amount of KOs racked up, as well as how high up of a ranking you got in the match (1st place being the best, obviously).

Of the rooms, with the above statement in mind, I've personally found the FG FFA room to be among THEE best rooms to gather points in, along with FF FFAs, since you don't have to share KOs with anyone like in FG Teams, nor are you capped to 2 KOs tops like in 1on1s. If you take a look at some of the previous weeks in that Thread, you can see proof that 9+ points seem to be the norm in FG FFAs for me when you score 1st place in a fully stacked room with 3 other people in them.

The dynamics of the Cloud VS Link MU change quite drastically when you throw in 1 or 2 other players in there, whether all against each other in FFAs, or partnered up with someone to take on the other team of 2 in Team Battles. Getting in on Link, IMO, is much easier for Cloud in those other settings than 1on1s, since in Teams, he'll probably have a buddy like :4bowserjr: or :4duckhunt: or :4falco: to help him out with that, while in FFAs, he can be around folks like :4dedede: or :4ganondorf: or :4falcon: who'd be tearin' it up with their various high-damage shenanigans (random Reverse Neutral B's, anyone? XP).

Last edited:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Smash 4 AC Cloud to me =

Firstly, that pic is hilarious

Second, FFVII Cloud is the only way to go. I don't mind AC Cloud as much as some people, but his whole style does remind me of the Hot Topic Anime style. It really wouldn't bug me as much if his face wasn't so....soft, for lack of a better word.

BUT. with that being said, I wouldn't mind if when they release his amiibo, if it was packaged with both his skins as a combo pack, I would totally pay extra for that shiz

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
For some reason I just hate Cloud's original look. Not sure if it's the weird baggy pants, the stupid hair, or both.

But yeah, while I prefer AC Cloud's looks, I'll be the first to admit he looks really emo.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Off topic but guys tell me if this makes sense?

Cloud boards primarily for discuss/improving on the character and talking about things relevant to the series and whatnot...

Someone comes in asking for help on how to beat your character/main in this case Cloud..... Like are you ****ing kidding me?
That makes about as much sense as a Pizza...why a pizza you ask? Because the box is a square the damn pie is a circle and the freaking slice is a triangle.... mini rant over sorry for being on edge I blame GHNeko GHNeko

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
For some reason I just hate Cloud's original look. Not sure if it's the weird baggy pants, the stupid hair, or both.

But yeah, while I prefer AC Cloud's looks, I'll be the first to admit he looks really emo.
His SOLDIERS uniform does look super 90's but that's the charm for me, plus I always thought he looked like a badass with his stupid hair, but comparing it to his AC hair it does look ridiculous haha

His AC look without his sleeves is the one I go to when I switch it up, because I do like his holster for the Fusion sword, but his face is just soooooo....I can't think of a word, but soft always comes to mind. Maybe it's because his hair matches his skin tone and it's just bugs me for some reason. Like I said I don't hate it, I just prefer classic Cloud

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047

Cloud boards primarily for discuss/improving on the character and talking about things relevant to the series and whatnot...

Someone comes in asking for help on how to beat your character/main in this case Cloud..... Like are you ****ing kidding me?
That makes about as much sense as a Pizza...why a pizza you ask? Because the box is a square the damn pie is a circle and the freaking slice is a triangle.... mini rant over sorry for being on edge I blame GHNeko GHNeko
Neko it's all your fault that we're all on

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Am I the only one that doesn't have too much trouble with Corrin? I understand that the MU has Cloud at a disadvantage, but for the most part, nearly every match I've had against them ended with me victorious save for the occasional loss and matches with really skilled players (how they got good with Corrin so damn fast escapes me.).

Hell, I use Cloud as my counterpick for Corrin, so make of that what you will.

BusterWolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6264-8715

...and it's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza' that everyone down here is suffering!!!

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133

I also think his purple original uniform looks dumb-ish. The Black SOILDER costume looks cool, but advent children coat is where the power comes from.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
His original outfit is alright but it's just ain't my style. His AC outfit, on the other hand, gets an A+ from me.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the Advent Children costume over the original costume. The pants, hairstyle, and fusion swords are all better to me. I do think it's neat that it looks pretty similar to his SOLDIER uniform.

I also think his purple original uniform looks dumb-ish. The Black SOILDER costume looks cool, but advent children coat is where the power comes from.
Yeah, I've been playing through Crisis Core and the black SOLDIER uniform just looks so much better on Cloud than the original purple.

Top Bottom