• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
When I use Cloud against Corrin my only issue is the ****ing Counter, trying to predict when the opponent will use it is difficult. Especially when you're fighting the level 9 cpu the little **** always does it...

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
When I use Cloud against Corrin my only issue is the ****ing Counter, trying to predict when the opponent will use it is difficult. Especially when you're fighting the level 9 cpu the little **** always does it...
They always counter at the edge and I attack them even though I know its coming... They never counter when they should, during juggles to kill of the top. I always try to bait the counter during juggles and the computers never do it... :/

Also pivot fsmash to catch landings is soooooooooo good guys

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
CPUs can also be rather stupid with how they recover. On the lower difficulty levels, they don't even try to use their alternate recovery moves, which could've "easily" avoided a TKO. Heck, even a level 9 Ganondorf doesn't have the brains to use Wizard's Dropkick to recover.

Tseranumin

Cloud Master
The AI really is dumb sometimes. But again it's a computer not an intelligent person so what's to be expected?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Looks like we got these now. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

:4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2::4cloud2:

Already updated my signature and my profile icon

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
LMAO
Computers are literally idiots

also this is my first youtube upload i plan to start a channel when I get a capture card, if you guys could like that'd be great
/shameless advertisement

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
LMAO
Computers are literally idiots

also this is my first youtube upload i plan to start a channel when I get a capture card, if you guys could like that'd be great /shameless advertisement
don't worry my youtube channel doesn't have much besides random online matches from Tekken and street fighter... among other games...

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Before DLC, I considered myself a Fox main, Wario secondary. Now with the intro of Cloud in the meta, seeing what he's capable of, and reading the tier list thread, I've come to the conclusion he does everything Wario does better: forces approaches with Limit, can kill early and charge this move, has way better range, a projectile, great juggling game, and it's ****ing Cloud and he's cool.

So I'm going to be switching to him as my secondary now and checking this thread out. Is there a discord chat you guys have that I could join?

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Before DLC, I considered myself a Fox main, Wario secondary. Now with the intro of Cloud in the meta, seeing what he's capable of, and reading the tier list thread, I've come to the conclusion he does everything Wario does better: forces approaches with Limit, can kill early and charge this move, has way better range, a projectile, great juggling game, and it's ****ing Cloud and he's cool.

So I'm going to be switching to him as my secondary now and checking this thread out. Is there a discord chat you guys have that I could join?
I got you fam, and welcome

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845

rip wario lol

I like using wario actually dabbled in him for a bit until I realized that mine was sooooo bad compared to pros that i gave up lmao

Tseranumin

Cloud Master
rip wario lol

I like using wario actually dabbled in him for a bit until I realized that mine was sooooo bad compared to pros that i gave up lmao
Well you cant just give up using him. Hell I went to TGC and got my ass kicked, using cloud, by another cloud. Only makes me want to be better

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
For those of you looking at frame data, here is the link, same source, updated with the new patch: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...uRMNNqVb8uJQL_g0KWgl4IOjXQ/edit#gid=127531413

Is there a discord chat you guys have that I could join?
Here you go friend :) : https://discord.gg/0deWAkWt2s7WXNdv

Also, to note on your decision to main him, I completely understand you. He is sort of a better Marth in this game, he is the only ranged swordsman in this game who has really good frame data. Also, because Smash 4 Marth's Fsmash is so dam unsafe compared to past iterations, it really takes away from Marth his big selling point: he can always kill you with a tipper. Legit spamming fsmash was a viable strategy in Brawl (using Marth). You can't really do the same in smash 4, and holding onto LB and looking for that LB CS feels alot like playing brawl Marth and looking for that read to throw out fsmash and land a kill. GL picking him up, may your days forever be cloudy :)

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
He is the only ranged swordsman in this game who has really good frame data.
Triggered...

Seriously though. It's a shame that not very many swordsman are as good as him in this game. It's part of the reason why I started using him aside from me finding him a bit cute.

Last edited:

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
Triggered...
Too bad it's true lol (imo). I guess you could count Ike, but only some of his moves have good frame data. Plus, he and the other swordfighters (aside from Roy) lack his speed. But then Roy doesn't have much range so.... yea, Cloud is the closest thing to Brawl Marth when looking at raw stats imo.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
He is sort of a better Marth in this game
People say that about every new swordsman lol. Cloud, Kamui, Roy, they all look like a better marth... until their meta develops and they're really not like marth at all
Well you cant just give up using him. Hell I went to TGC and got my *** kicked, using cloud, by another cloud. Only makes me want to be better
Never really hardcore mained him, just a sort of fun char that was kinda interesting, i just didn't care enough lol. But these last few months I've been going mono cloud, all my secondaries have been completely forgotten

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
People say that about every new swordsman lol. Cloud, Kamui, Roy, they all look like a better marth... until their meta develops and they're really not like marth at all
Roy has more similarities to Falcon then Marth in this game tbh. Both characters have short ranged moves. Also, both of their game plans revolve around their great fox trot cancel and SH movement to eventually go in and get percentage, and kills off of grabs. For example, falcon dthrow to uair for that early percent, and later on the stock, you can randomly mix it up by baiting an air dodge, which can lead to knee, dair, or catching an air dodge landing with fsmash. It's almost literally the same thing with roy; he also has insane good early dthrow combos, and can also at higher percentages, use fsmash or usmash to catch air dodge landings. Unlike Marth, roy doesn't want to space with max tip aerials (aka fair) because one, he has less range, and two, his tipper fair does less shield stun (because it does less damage) making it unsafe on shield. So again, you wanna move around and grab with those two.

Marth and Cloud wanna space (think Cloud fair/nair on shield vs Marth fair on shield), and when appropriate, go for hard reads or mixups which lead to kills (LB for Cloud, fsmash for Marth). Cloud's moves are both faster, and have more range, so yea, better version of Marth. Add the fact that Cloud's trump kill move is stupidly safe (LB CS), and yea, Marth is just outclassed. Supposedly, he got kill confirms, and an actually hoo hah in this patch so if that's true, that's finally something aside from recovery that Marth has over Cloud.

Sorry if I got too analytical, I just happen to play all of the aforementioned characters alot. <3 Swordies and Falcon.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Roy has more similarities to Falcon then Marth in this game tbh. Both characters have short ranged moves. Also, both of their game plans revolve around their great fox trot cancel and SH movement to eventually go in and get percentage, and kills off of grabs. For example, falcon dthrow to uair for that early percent, and later on the stock, you can randomly mix it up by baiting an air dodge, which can lead to knee, dair, or catching an air dodge landing with fsmash. It's almost literally the same thing with roy; he also has insane good early dthrow combos, and can also at higher percentages, use fsmash or usmash to catch air dodge landings. Unlike Marth, roy doesn't want to space with max tip aerials (aka fair) because one, he has less range, and two, his tipper fair does less shield stun (because it does less damage) making it unsafe on shield. So again, you wanna move around and grab with those two.

Marth and Cloud wanna space (think Cloud fair/nair on shield vs Marth fair on shield), and when appropriate, go for hard reads or mixups which lead to kills (LB for Cloud, fsmash for Marth). Cloud's moves are both faster, and have more range, so yea, better version of Marth. Add the fact that Cloud's trump kill move is stupidly safe (LB CS), and yea, Marth is just outclassed. Supposedly, he got kill confirms, and an actually hoo hah in this patch so if that's true, that's finally something aside from recovery that Marth has over Cloud.

Sorry if I got too analytical, I just happen to play all of the aforementioned characters alot. <3 Swordies and Falcon.
Damn that's a big ass wall of text, but i do agree with what you said...

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845

Oh yeah, I know that Roy's not like Marth at all, but people were saying that at his release. They did that with Corrin too lol. Everybody wants another Melee/Brawl Marth, and we're not getting one lol. I appreciate the write up too :D
Triggered...

Seriously though. It's a shame that not very many swordsman are as good as him in this game. It's part of the reason why I started using him aside from me finding him a bit cute.
Roy is the hottest man in Smash 4 tho :4feroy:

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Also, to note on your decision to main him, I completely understand you. He is sort of a better Marth in this game, he is the only ranged swordsman in this game who has really good frame data. Also, because Smash 4 Marth's Fsmash is so dam unsafe compared to past iterations, it really takes away from Marth his big selling point: he can always kill you with a tipper. Legit spamming fsmash was a viable strategy in Brawl (using Marth). You can't really do the same in smash 4, and holding onto LB and looking for that LB CS feels alot like playing brawl Marth and looking for that read to throw out fsmash and land a kill. GL picking him up, may your days forever be cloudy :)
Funny enough, I never enjoyed playing Marth in any game except Brawl, and I never played that game long enough to get competitive.

To me, landing a Limit special feels more like landing a Waft; you need to go through the same process as Wario and charge to get Limit, then you have to be patient and exploit an opening when you find it. The difference is, Cloud can charge and Wario just waits almost a full minute trolling to charge his time bomb. Here is where Cloud just feels much more solid for me (not to mention range and neutral). I also really like Cloud's juggling game as well. Feels like Fox to me with all the frame traps he can do when juggling opponents. It's funny; for me, I just apply what I know about both Fox and Wario when playing Cloud, and it works.

Last edited:

Tseranumin

Cloud Master
My biggest thing with cloud that I love is his ability to get very quick and easy percentages at early, and having one or two moves that kill at high percent that are safe (which aren't smash) Then you also add in his limit break, Which every move can kill (besides up-b because if you use Up B to kill with that you're just trolling with the person) at a mid-high percentage. He has good range poke with Neutral B and good damage if you time your LB Neutral B. And he can get you to 33% from 0% with a backthrow LB Side-B, which is crazy dumb.

Sebastian Fernandez

Smash Rookie
Congratulations, guys.

Not much of a Final Fantasy fan, but I'm always excited to see more characters. Original newcomers especially. Cloud looks like a lot of fun, and I'm glad he's yet another newcomer with an original twist to his moveset.

What gets me more hyped than anything, is that we actually saw a ton of gameplay footage. Meaning that this guy has been in development for quite some time by now. Meaning that this has absolutely nothing to do with the ballot. Meaning that we still have to see ballot characters. Also meaning that they don't actually even need ballots to make new characters. Meaning that holy **** there's still probably a ton of characters coming in the future and this is insane.
If you see Sakurai's last famitsu post Vol.499 Sakurai is taking a break. However at least the metagame will be able to evolve untouched

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I lost a tournament match with Cloud because I wasn't sure how to attack my opponent, who kept holding shield. What are good anti-shield strategies for Cloud?
Theorycrafting, but maybe try to space safe aerials on shield for pressure? Also bthrow (and fthrow kinda) are pretty decent string throws, setting up for a DA or Blade Beam. They can jump, but that lets you pressure their landing with Blade Beam/pivot fsmash/what have you.
Shulk palette swap = real hottest character

The Husubando Wars have begun
Not gonna lie, I'd be gay for Roy

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Roy, Shulk, and Cloud are all cute~ No need to compare. I use Roy in this game because of Eliwood though. Now if Eliwood were actually in this game, I'd probably find him a bit cuter than Shulk and Cloud.

I'm sorry, lol. I'm a sucker for using cute sword wielding characters in Smash Bros, haha.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
>cloud
>cute

kek

I lost a tournament match with Cloud because I wasn't sure how to attack my opponent, who kept holding shield. What are good anti-shield strategies for Cloud?
...Just grab them lmao. Even if you dont get confirmed follow ups; you get positional advantage and damage. If they want to sit in shield all day, I'll rack up the damage 6% at a time if I need to. They're gonna stop trying to shield all day eventually.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Cute probably isn't the right word to describe Cloud. "Cool" sounds more like it, especially when he's wearing his Advent Children outfit.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I dunno, I use "cute" to describe a character who is handsome or pretty. Cloud's both I think. He has a symmetric face, lean build, good hair and pretty eyes. I think cute's appropriate for him, but what can I say? I'm a girl who calls a lot of things cute, lol.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I dunno, I use "cute" to describe a character who is handsome or pretty. Cloud's both I think. He has a symmetric face, lean build, good hair and pretty eyes. I think cute's appropriate for him, but what can I say? I'm a girl who calls a lot of things cute, lol.
And there's nothing wrong with that. Whatever your floats your boat.

I think "cool" and "cute" are both apt for Cloud, lol

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Last night I attended New Worlds, one of the travelling Final Fantasy concerts performed by an ensemble group of about 10-12. Amazing stuff, honestly. Stuff like The Promise / Blinded by Light and Ivalice Landscape was incredibly beautiful, and things that I didn't think would work were pulled off really well (the synth-y Fight With Seymour played by string quartet.)

But here's a thing you guys might get a kick out of... I'm gonna pop this in a spoiler tag just in case any of you are attending soon and don't want some of the content ruined for you.
They didn't list the whole programme for the night, but One-Winged Angel was on there. My brother and I were discussing, before the show, how they were going to do the vocals. There's room on-stage for a choir, but the idea behind the concert was to have few musicians. They could probably pull it off without one. We were curious to see what they'd do with it.

So coming to the end, Arnie Roth's on-stage speaking about there being certain tracks that NEED to be in any FF concert, one of which was Zanarkand, earlier in the show. He hadn't mentioned the other one by name, but everyone knew he was referring to One-Winged Angel by this point.

"I need to ask a favour from you guys. Now, we don't have a chorus up here... but I do see a chorus out there."
*the crowd* *laughter*
"Come on, you only really need to know one word! Sephiroth!"

So glad to see that someone recorded it, even if the acoustics are a bit weird from where they're sitting / through the recording device.

So after a few "practise runs" with pitch and dynamics...
Behold, One-Winged Angel - as performed by Benyamin Nuss, members of WASO, and a tonne of Final Fantasy fans.
SE-PHI-ROTH!
Anyway, brilliant show, 11/10, would recommend.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
SE-PHI-ROTH!
That was amazing. I'm a little disappointed they didn't include the metal guitar part that was in Advent Children, but I also don't really see how they'd get that in lol. Did any of you get to see the Symphony of the Goddesses? I went with my friend a little while ago, it was really good.
Cute probably isn't the right word to describe Cloud. "Cool" sounds more like it, especially when he's wearing his Advent Children outfit.
Pretty much the only reasons I rewatch my desynced-sound version of Advent Children is for the fight scenes, I get like a really exhilarating feeling watching how badass Cloud is! :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pretty much the only reasons I rewatch my desynced-sound version of Advent Children is for the fight scenes, I get like a really exhilarating feeling watching how badass Cloud is! :D
The funny thing is that some people consider Rosalina to be bad***, but I more think of her as being the cute and caring individual.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
>rosalina
>badass

I don't get it. Anyway, I just don't see how someone can call Rosalina that when you've got her looking more cute and adoring on most of her official artworks.

At least with Cloud, he's more on the cool side, and he does look much more impressive while wearing his Advent Children outfit; it does make Cloud's hairstyle look much less like Goku's hairstyle.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Why do all of Cloud's costumes look the same?
Last night I attended New Worlds, one of the travelling Final Fantasy concerts performed by an ensemble group of about 10-12. Amazing stuff, honestly. Stuff like The Promise / Blinded by Light and Ivalice Landscape was incredibly beautiful, and things that I didn't think would work were pulled off really well (the synth-y Fight With Seymour played by string quartet.)

But here's a thing you guys might get a kick out of... I'm gonna pop this in a spoiler tag just in case any of you are attending soon and don't want some of the content ruined for you.
They didn't list the whole programme for the night, but One-Winged Angel was on there. My brother and I were discussing, before the show, how they were going to do the vocals. There's room on-stage for a choir, but the idea behind the concert was to have few musicians. They could probably pull it off without one. We were curious to see what they'd do with it.

So coming to the end, Arnie Roth's on-stage speaking about there being certain tracks that NEED to be in any FF concert, one of which was Zanarkand, earlier in the show. He hadn't mentioned the other one by name, but everyone knew he was referring to One-Winged Angel by this point.

"I need to ask a favour from you guys. Now, we don't have a chorus up here... but I do see a chorus out there."
*the crowd* *laughter*
"Come on, you only really need to know one word! Sephiroth!"

So glad to see that someone recorded it, even if the acoustics are a bit weird from where they're sitting / through the recording device.

So after a few "practise runs" with pitch and dynamics...
Behold, One-Winged Angel - as performed by Benyamin Nuss, members of WASO, and a tonne of Final Fantasy fans.
SE-PHI-ROTH!
Anyway, brilliant show, 11/10, would recommend.
I can't take that song seriously anymore. It's been ruined by random YouTube comments.
XBox
PS3
3DS
Nintendo Wii

Sephiroth!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The funny thing is that some people consider Rosalina to be bad***, but I more think of her as being the cute and caring individual.
Seriously? You brought your sensitivity over here? :/

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Rosie being considered "badass" in any way. Cloud is cool and all but "badass" is the best word to describe him, especially in his Advent Children outfit.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Tino Tino : Let's not argue about that stuff up here. I was only making a statement that "cute" really isn't the right word to describe Cloud, but it works a lot better on Rosalina.

Last edited:
Top Bottom