• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Wow okay fair point there
There actually is... When you give other people no room to ask questions of their own, like can I just say that this dood has 77 posts and he joined yesterday

Mods, if this is against the rules/not what you want to see, feel free to delete it/edit/warn me

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well you might have messed it, but today i Spammed about 1/4 of the character boards

I got an infraction

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm not

Don't tell anyone, but i kind of want to spam again (Nevermind this) imma edit that out (And then I don't)

Just maybe not here

what does imfao mean

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
WHAAAAAT!

What do you mean he's a tool
Exactly what I said. When he first started out he was cool but over time his content became stale for me. Not to mention that his "Reactions" if you want to call them that aren't genuine they're fake... literally go to his channel watch all his reactions and tell me he doesn't repeat the same **** for each one. Also he always overhypes things on his channel makes 1-2 videos about it, then never speaks of it again perfect example Smash Bros 1-2 videos some being reactions the other gameplay.... that's it. Don't get me started on his misleading video titles and Thumbnail baits there's many reason I can list why he's a tool but i'm gonna spare the Thread the rant.

Also you're asking way too many questions and your replies to a question are with another question.... it's kind of annoying. it's 1 thing to ask questions relating to a certain topic or having relavance to the current conversation and another to be a ****ing nuisance to everyone by asking stupid questions in rapid succession. Sorry but not sorry.

7NATOR

Smash Master
sorry about that... I'm not the most social person on the planet

in any case... i got nothing else

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'm not

Don't tell anyone, but i kind of want to spam again (Nevermind this) imma edit that out (And then I don't)

Just maybe not here

what does imfao mean
wat

can this stop
please
stop

lmfao

lmfao means the same as lmao, just with an f
X.X

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
what stop, didn't spam yet

Does the f mean-- the f-word

I really need to stop asking questions

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
what stop, didn't spam yet

Does the f mean-- the f-word

I really need to stop asking questions
Better to take the match out of the kid's hand before he lights it than after. Gee, what a poorly worded analogy.

And yes. The f word.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
alright i guess i start

so anyone play Ehrgiez, the first fighting game Cloud was in

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Hey guys what's going-

View attachment 96923
YEEEEES LMAO
okay

So who's going to start a discussion?
Not trying to be a mod or anything, but let me point something out. This is not a chatroom ala Skype/Discord/texting. Please think about what you're posting, take a minute before you post, think, Is there anything you want to add? You want to put actual CONTENT into your posts so people don't have to read through all this crap. Discussion comes and goes, don't force it, and put actual length in your posts. For example:
Oop. well sorry. Original post edited. Goddamnit, Cloud needs to actually stretch his damn arms like bair so he can make use of his huge sword! What about grounded moves? can we slide under stuff like utilt and ftilt?

_____

I'd say what you Ikes want to do in this matchup is try to get through our wall of Blade Beams, nairs, bairs, and fairs, before we can charge Limit. Cloud's nair has to fastfalled to have any sort of reward besides 8%, so if you shield/powershield it or wait just outside it's range, then you will probably be able to get in. Our nair is not like yours; it has a noticeable (not awful, but definitely noticeable) amount of end lag. Then you can take advantage of Ike's better CQC like jab (what frame is Ike's? iirc Cloud's is frame 4) and your MUCH better grab. Speaking of which, don't really be afraid to shield against a Cloud at high percents, unless he has Limit, because LB Cross Slash does a lot of shield damage and if you try to roll out you will get hit and die if at high percents. Also, all this talk about Cloud's uthrow being a kill throw at high percent? It's a myth. That **** doesn't kill until like 220% fresh with good DI, and it may not even be fresh as it's Cloud's most damaging throw. Cloud does have a few tricks with grab though. Outside of the obvious dthrow->ftilt and etc. (dthrow->Cross Slash is almost always never a true combo; you can jump out or DI down and shield 90% of the time), the main thing you'll want to watch out for is bthrow/fthrow at the edge followed by a Blade Beam/DA. Cloud's forward and back throws are similar to Ike's in their purely horizontal trajectory, giving us a good angle for these followups. If you immediately try to jump out of fthrow/bthrow (especially bthrow), you'll get hit with the Blade Beam and lose your jump and most likely your stock. Cloud has a pretty hard time killing outside of LB Cross Slash and reads with Finishing Touch/fsmash. His notable kill moves are:

Fsmash. You've no doubt heard of this 70% wonder. Let me tell you, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Outside of catching landings with its slightly lingering hitbox or pivot fsmashing, there's not really a reliable way we can hit this and kill with it. It's not even very viable as a drop shield->punish tool, as only the last hit will connect most of the time due to shield pushback, and it doesn't have nearly as much killpower without the extra damage from the preliminary hits. It does do a lot of damage though, so if we catch you with it out of dthrow, it'll bring up your percent pretty fast.

Finishing Touch. OK. This move is niche. Very niche. It fills its niche very well though. You'll only see it as a hard punish if I powershield one of your smashes/tilts, or as a confirm off of uair or sourspot dair, or as a hard airdodge punish, or its windbox blowing away Aether.

Cross Slash. This is what I believe is Cloud's best Limit Break. Intangible from frames 6-11, doing 26% with strong diagonal knockback that can kill at 70 on the edge, about 100 from center stage, and 120-130 from the other side of the stage. It’s an excellent quick punish. In other news , if you don’t happen to jump, fall out, or even attack out of our vanilla Cross Slash at about 180% at the edge, it kills. lol

Climhazzard. Now you may be surprised that the vanilla Climhazzard can kill. The non-meteor hitbox of the descent strike has extremely strong knockback that doesn’t seem to scale with percentage, but it is affected by rage, and can kill on the edge if Cloud has some rage. Obviously we can also suicide with it and we can get similar ledge spikes as Aether. Now Limit Climhazzard. This is a beauty of a move. Comes out on frame 7, kills around 130-140 (probably 150ish on you guys), and all around looks badass. Not much else to say about this move.

Blade Beam. Outside of camping, stealing jumps and hitting Aether (don’t know why you would over fsmash) with vanilla, you probably won’t see this very much. Normally it has too much endlag to really camp with it, but against a projectile-less Ike, we can camp with it fine. LB Blade Beam would probably be used as the Quickdraw interception I mentioned or a protection while drifting back to stage.

Dsmash. I really like this move. You’ll have to watch out for it due to its NASTY semi-spike angle that will almost always force you to use Aether/Quickdraw. Kills around 150 from center stage too.

Usmash. This move can kill at about 160% and isn’t great.

Uair. Yes, our godly Uair. This is a great move you should watch out for. Kills at 130 on the ground, ridiculous autocancel window, combos into utilt at low percent, can be safely ledgehopped, juggles are so real with this move. “The juggles are strong with this one” :p You guys can probably counter to get down, but don’t get predictable or you will rest in peace from a Finishing Touch.

Fair. Fair can kill if it’s fresh on the edge, and watch out for jab combo at the edge->runoff fair spike at low percents.

Bair. Bair barely kills outside of the ledge. Can be spaced very easily with minimal lag though.

Nair. Nair is a great gimping tool with its semispike angle, and it can kill around 180 onstage.

Oh and also ftilt can kill at like 140 on the edge.

To reiterate, you guys want to get through our wall before we can charge Limit too much. This may force Ike to play a more rushdown-oriented style you guys aren’t used to, but don’t rush straight in and get punished lol.
Right here I could have just written, "oh lol, sry my b and liek we can kill u really early so like watch out for like finishing touch and our limit breaks but u liek already knew that so lol i dont know why im here does any body want to talk about if ike was a mii fighter?"
But nobody wants to see that. It's better to not post at all than to post crap like that. Who wants to read that? It'd look like I didn't care enough to use proper punctuation and spelling, and it might even look like I went to the Ike boards to troll. It's a waste of their time and my time, even if I don't know it. Please consider this when posting in the future.

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Oh, so 7's posting in here constantly as well. Not surprising given that he seems to have posted the same thing on every character board about whether or not that character should be replaced with a Call of Duty soldier. Btw, barely an hour or two ago his post count was 22, now it's about 108. For being awkward and not sure what to say, he has a lot to say, even if it does lack severely in content or substance.

Anyway... how are you all doing? I play Cloud often myself and wanted to say hi and check out the Cloud social. <3 I've basically picked him up as a Secondary, even though I get kind of tired of the whole 'pocket Cloud' comments people make.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
But I thought this was a social Thread

never the less, I do have something to say

have you guys been using his up- special to spike.. if so do you know any mixups, etc with it

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
But I thought this was a social Thread

never the less, I do have something to say

have you guys been using his up- special to spike.. if so do you know any mixups, etc with it
Its a fast suicide option at frame 7 iirc, and you can do something very similar to Aetherspike with it as well if you want to keep your stock (they can usually recover from this if they try though)

7NATOR

Smash Master
The only bad thing about suiciding with it is you die first

And i think you don't grab the ledge if you are facing backwards though

in any case, it makes killing cpus in 1v2 battles easy

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
The only bad thing about suiciding with it is you die first

And i think you don't grab the ledge if you are facing backwards though

in any case, it makes killing cpus in 1v2 battles easy
Not necessarily. Depending on when you strike and your opponents percentage, they'll die first. Whenever I suicide with it I die last I don't know what you're on lol.

And you can sweetspot backwards, you just have to fall a little further

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Komorikiri and MEW2KING

or those really good cloud players who aren't considered FG Scrubs
I really feel like you should read through at least some of the thread before asking these questions. M2K's Cloud isn't even that good lmfao.

Also this is my alerts box right now lmfao
image.jpg

7NATOR

Smash Master
maybe i have been posting too much

i just got the
Can't Stop!
Trophy, and it said "hope it took you more than a day"

eh i'll read the thread

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
No, no, haha. I fully admit to being a scrub. I'm probably the worst here, not gonna lie.

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
You know, it's really nice to see a board where people can openly admit to being bad and just laugh it off (unlike a few other character boards I can think of...)

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I am not very good at the game admittedly. Though i have been improving recently... Don't worry about being bad at the game.

Top Bottom