• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm hoping that he costs as much as Ryu, because my wallet on the eShop is almost dry, I have like $6.42. It's a character and stage bundle, so I'm almost positive it's going to be the same price as Ryu (another 3rd party character). Sak wouldn't screw us over like that, but as for the rest of the DLC... I won't be getting that for a few more weeks when I run into some money (assuming it'll be early December than later).

I think I'm probably going to do the same thing as you, and use him in all the different modes and test him out on different stages to really get a feel for him before I attempt to beat everyone up. I did that with Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucas when they came out, and was very successful (except Lucas for a while). I wonder what fun I can have with those Limit Breaks in an 8-player Smash hmm...
I hope so to. And the difference between getting it for both systems was like $1, right? (I haven't bought a single DLC yet, which is why I'm not sure on the price).
I really hope it's no more expensive than Ryu. (Heck, I hope a 3rd party bundle comes soon having both characters for $10)

I wonder how Cloud will fare in team battles. Can't wait to have a 3-on-3 or 4-on-4 battles using Cloud.
There's so much I want to try out! What if someone counters a Limit Break smash attack? Will it be certain KO?
And I already want to see the color schemes.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Snake would be a way more hype newcomer than Wolf.
I agree, not that I hate Wolf, but I don't get the hype as much as I would for Snake. They both have unique playstyles, but Snake is just so unique in Smash. And I'm a bigger MGS fan than I am of Starfox, and Falco is my favorite Starfox character anyway.

...But yeah, they're also both Veterans.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I hope so to. And the difference between getting it for both systems was like $1, right? (I haven't bought a single DLC yet, which is why I'm not sure on the price).
I really hope it's no more expensive than Ryu. (Heck, I hope a 3rd party bundle comes soon having both characters for $10)

I wonder how Cloud will fare in team battles. Can't wait to have a 3-on-3 or 4-on-4 battles using Cloud.
There's so much I want to try out! What if someone counters a Limit Break smash attack? Will it be certain KO?
Ryu was $5.99 on one console, $6.99 on two, and he came with a stage. All the single entry characters (with no stage) were $2 less. They've been consistent with prices, so you can expect those to be what Cloud goes up for.
And oh man, I'm just wondering how much his giant sword will get in the way on team battles, as well as the destructive nature of Finishing Touch. I'd imagine a teammate accidentally getting knocked into that would be a bit hilarious. Back in the Brawl Days, during a Doubles Tournament my friend and I got knocked out in the semi finals because he accidentally got knocked into my Ike's Usmash. I missed my opponent and got him out instead and the whole crowd laughed (including us).
I also am dying to see his alts, I can already tell his Advent Children costume will be my go to, but I can only wonder what the rest will look like. I'm sure he'll get a Zack based alt with black hair and all, and I can see some colors for Vincent, Yuffie, maybe a jokingly pink Aerith one, etc. He might actually have a few alts based on other FF characters that aren't in FFVII.
It was pretty good, kind of underwhelming, but still good. Crisis Core was more memorable to me in all honesty. I still really enjoyed 7 tho. cloud was easily my favorite character in it.
I found FFVII to be more memorable as a whole, with Crisis Core having a few moments with more of an impact than FFVII could deliver (that ending...). When you know the story of FFVII going into Crisis Core, all the little things in there that affected FFVII just grab at you really hard, and I'm positive in the Remake we'll get to see a lot of those relevant scenes again blended with the FFVII story (from the flashbacks and whatnot). Based on what we've seen of FFXV, I have faith in SE again for the Remake, and I can tell they'll make such a big profit out of it. There's no way they could truly ruin arguably the most iconic JRPG of all time.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
What's funny is thay I love crisis core and I played it several times prior to clouds release and zack is my all time favorite FF character. FF7 was alright but I'll be honest when I say I probably won't replay it but I'll boot up crisis core anytime. I think the main reason I got so hyped up for cloud was because he's basically Zack playstyle wise so it's basically getting zack but not really. All I beg ans ask of is a dark navy uniform with black hair. Please Sakurai.

Also the only characters that would challenge cloud as my potential main would be K Rool or Scorpion. Snake would be fun for sure but I wouldn't main him.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
i
Ryu was $5.99 on one console, $6.99 on two, and he came with a stage. All the single entry characters (with no stage) were $2 less. They've been consistent with prices, so you can expect those to be what Cloud goes up for.
And oh man, I'm just wondering how much his giant sword will get in the way on team battles, as well as the destructive nature of Finishing Touch. I'd imagine a teammate accidentally getting knocked into that would be a bit hilarious. Back in the Brawl Days, during a Doubles Tournament my friend and I got knocked out in the semi finals because he accidentally got knocked into my Ike's Usmash. I missed my opponent and got him out instead and the whole crowd laughed (including us).
I also am dying to see his alts, I can already tell his Advent Children costume will be my go to, but I can only wonder what the rest will look like. I'm sure he'll get a Zack based alt with black hair and all, and I can see some colors for Vincent, Yuffie, maybe a jokingly pink Aerith one, etc. He might actually have a few alts based on other FF characters that aren't in FFVII.
Ah, thanks for the info.
Can't wait to see Cloud officially revealed on the SmashBros site.
That sounds hillarious. Smash tends to have epicly funny team battle moments.
Sadly, I haven't played with friends enough. :(

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
What's funny is thay I love crisis core and I played it several times prior to clouds release and zack is my all time favorite FF character. FF7 was alright but I'll be honest when I say I probably won't replay it but I'll boot up crisis core anytime. I think the main reason I got so hyped up for cloud was because he's basically Zack playstyle wise so it's basically getting zack but not really. All I beg ans ask of is a dark navy uniform with black hair. Please Sakurai.

Also the only characters that would challenge cloud as my potential main would be K Rool or Scorpion. Snake would be fun for sure but I wouldn't main him.
If it makes you feel better, I feel like it'd be strange if Cloud didn't get a costume with black hair.

I'm curious why you prefer Crisis Core over FF7 though. Like I'm actually curious I'm not being a smart-ass lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If it makes you feel better, I feel like it'd be strange if Cloud didn't get a costume with black hair.

I'm curious why you prefer Crisis Core over FF7 though. Like I'm actually curious I'm not being a smart-*** lol.
I can't speak for him, but for me I really like Crisis Core as well. (Not as much as VII, but still)

Zack was an uplifting dude, went through a lot of crap as well. I'm not comparing Zack to Cloud or vice versa because they're both remarkable people. I liked what they did to Sephiroth to help give us a better idea behind him going crazy. Say what you will about Genesis, but he made the push to Sephiroth finding out what he was more believable.

In the original it was "oh hey lookit these freaks. These say Jenova. My Mom is called Jenova. AM I A MONSTER?"

And Genesis comes along to give the nudge. And before Sephiroth even goes off the deep end, he tells Genesis to rot.

I liked some of the retcons and detail that Crisis Core gave personally. Had the VII atmosphere and felt like a worthy prequel to the main game.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430

I'm curious why you prefer Crisis Core over FF7 though. Like I'm actually curious I'm not being a smart-*** lol.
One is nostalgia, it was my VERY FIRSY Final Fantasy game. The game had a lot of moments that hit me. The ending is one of my all time favorite endings. It felt very personal, the entire game was about Zack, and that was neat cause usually we get a cast of characters. It was silly at times but was still serious. Zack was really uplifting and fun, and at no point did I dislike him. The game played with my emotions more than any of the other FF games, and had a lot of memorable moments that have stuck with me. I liked FF7, but I loved how FFCC stayed kind of grounded, like it never went super out there. You werent fighting gods, or saving the planet. It felt very personal which I really liked. It just stuck with me more, and I also really liked the gameplay alot. That was kind of a ramble but eh you get the point. :)
Such as Angeals death(and Zack dealing with it)

SionReaver

Smash Rookie

Can you imagine doing a 3v3 with the fanfare playing at the end? Will play it just for that.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Strong-Arm Strong-Arm See, I liked Crisis Core as well. I think it offered some much needed back story to the likes of Zack, Sephiroth, and even the Buster Sword. It was strange seeing Cloud as a side character though (especially not in a First-class Soldier outfit). But for some reason, it didn't stick with me the way FF7 does. Like I remember all the key points, like Buster Sword origins, Zack's story, the ending, etc. But I couldn't play Crisis over again while I could (and will) play FF7 again. I also actually like Cloud's character over Zack. To me, his personality is absolutely genius.

I'm very glad I played Crisis Core though because no matter what, it IS a fantastic additional piece to one of my favorite games ever.

I wonder if the remake is going to include all of those key events in Crisis Core in some way.

Last edited:

solidren

Smash Rookie
NNID
RenStrider580
I could totally see a zack inspired costume by giving Cloud the black first class costume with the normal black shoulder pad and the newer looking buster sword.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
So apparently the release date for Cloud will be this Thursday (12/3/15). It was supposedly leaked by a twitter user. If this is true, LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS IS COMING EARLY GUYS!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
So apparently the release date for Cloud will be this Thursday (12/3/15). It was supposedly leaked by a twitter user. If this is true, LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS IS COMING EARLY GUYS!
Let's hope, pal! It'd sure be nice to have something come out right before a final exam to wholeheartedly distract me from the self-destructive cycle of final exams.

On a less melancholic note, that sounds totally ****ing awesome lo.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It wouldn't surprise me. It's exactly 3 weeks after the Direct, it's "December", and it (presumably) will get all the DLC out just in time for the holidays.

We've been hearing December 2nd-3rd all over the place since the Direct aired, so be wary it could just be hopeful, albeit sensible rumor.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It wouldn't surprise me. It's exactly 3 weeks after the Direct, it's "December", and it (presumably) will get all the DLC out just in time for the holidays.

We've been hearing December 2nd-3rd all over the place since the Direct aired, so be wary it could just be hopeful, albeit sensible rumor.
This is pretty much my view on it.

Smooth Criminal

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
So, uh, where's Cloud going to be on the 3DS character select? It's already full with Miis.
Someone on reddit posted a thread, with screenshots, where they found out the 3DS CSS currently has 40x44 icons, and shaving off 4 pixels from every character so they were 40x40 gave room for exactly 6 more characters on the screen.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Someone on reddit posted a thread, with screenshots, where they found out the 3DS CSS currently has 40x44 icons, and shaving off 4 pixels from every character so they were 40x40 gave room for exactly 6 more characters on the screen.
I remember that.

Plus, I think 6 more characters can fit in the Wii U version too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If this is true.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Knowing my luck, and sakurai, it could very well be true. because then I'd get to play cloud for a whole day before forgetting anything other than Xenoblade exists for a month.

Victor Coelho

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
1138-9017-8903
Dude i'll literally throw a party at my place (probably just for myself lol) if Cloud is Available this week... i really cant freaking wait for him! Began playing FFVII again since last Nintendo Direct, the hype is real folks!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I have been thinking replaying FF7 after the direct. I should play the PS1 version.

Have i missed anything since the last time i posted?

Victor Coelho

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
1138-9017-8903
playing in the celphone this time.... just left Gold Saucer... such memories S2

Morbi

Scavenger
Every leak says "December 3rd" because of a could-be-fake tweet?

That's just ridiculous :laugh:

Sure, it could be true, but that'd be a huge coincidence!
I would probably find the tweet slightly more credible if it had a reasonable date. I am not saying that because December 3, 2015 is too soon. No, I just find it odd that it would quite literally be released 2 months after that ballot closed. That seems a little too consistent for my taste. But hey, that is a really stupid reason for not buying into a tweet. I could always just cite precedent with fake tweets to greater success. The only problem with that is that I could not spout my conspiracy about a conspiracy.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Goes to school, comes home gets on smashboards, sees possibility for thursday release.
Has a heart attack. I cant get THAT excited cause idk if its true or not.
I hope its true, early xmas gifts are the greatest
got_a_present_for_you_by_deathnyan-d8b0ie5.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom