• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'm having a thought: suppose Cloud uses the limit version of his specials by smash-inputting the command, like Samus' Super Missiles? That way, he's not forced to use it on his recovery if he doesn't need to.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Since we talkin Final Fantasy a lot in this thread... Anyone here a huge lover of Tactics: War of the lions? That's by far my favourite FF game.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Since we talkin Final Fantasy a lot in this thread... Anyone here a huge lover of Tactics: War of the lions? That's by far my favourite FF game.
I'd have liked it a lot more if they had made some more-user-friendly changes to the UI. Not being able to retake a movement step because you miscounted the range of a spell got really old after a few hours.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Regardless of my good or bad deeds, I'm getting Cloud on December 3rd, dammnit. I will poop in Sakurai's shoes every day he doesn't deliver Smash fan's the goods.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can't believe it took me a while to notice this, they didn't just put Square Enix right at the end of the trailer at first, a nice touch of how they put "Square Enix" with a bang.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Can't believe it took me a while to notice this, they didn't just put Square Enix right at the end of the trailer at first, a nice touch of how they put "Square Enix" with a bang.

Took me a while too. Nice touch.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just remembered that I first played FFVII back when I also started playing SSB for the first time, back in 1999.
I'm having a thought: suppose Cloud uses the limit version of his specials by smash-inputting the command, like Samus' Super Missiles? That way, he's not forced to use it on his recovery if he doesn't need to.
That would be great indeed, I'd be all over that. But how would you "smash" input neutral B? ... Double tapping perhaps?

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I just remembered that I first played FFVII back when I also started playing SSB for the first time, back in 1999.

That would be great indeed, I'd be all over that. But how would you "smash" input neutral B? ... Double tapping perhaps?
That or holding it down like Ryu?

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
What do you guys think will be Cloud's alias/nickname on the Boxing Ring stage will be? I have no idea since I've never played Final Fantasy VII lol.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
What do you guys think will be Cloud's alias/nickname on the Boxing Ring stage will be? I have no idea since I've never played Final Fantasy VII lol.
Never...played...? For shame.
But to further the speculation:
-First Class SOLDIER
-Defender of Gaia
-Champion of the Lifestream
-Buster Sword Bruiser

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Never...played...? For shame.
But to further the speculation:
-First Class SOLDIER
-Defender of Gaia
-Champion of the Lifestream
-Buster Sword Bruiser
I was going to get it before. But then, the remake was announced...

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
So what kind of amiibo support will cloud possibly get? I've been hearing talk of ff7 remake support or something.
Isn't he in Final Fantasy Explorers? Maybe some compatibility with that game.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I absolutely adore that game. I especially like Delita's character development and role as an antagonist. I really wished it was him instead of Ramza that made it into Dissidia. Had a lot more personality and depth.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Welp nothing today regarding news. I dont know what I was expecting. At least an announcement for a date would be cool

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Welp nothing today regarding news. I dont know what I was expecting. At least an announcement for a date would be cool
I doubt he'll be available before the Special Announcment video/direct.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Strong-Arm Strong-Arm Hmm maybe instead on December 3rd they'll announce when the announcement is, who knows. If anything I'm sure he'll be out before the end of the month... He better. :drflip:
Whoa, the threat metagame is real! I'm sure he'll be out by December, he looked mostly done. The ballot/returning vets though...no idea on them, heh. My suspicion is that we'll get Cloud and a veteran released in December and the Ballot Winner(s) later down the line (they'll probably be teased, at least).

Who knows, tho.

solidren

Smash Rookie
NNID
RenStrider580
Strong-Arm Strong-Arm Hmm maybe instead on December 3rd they'll announce when the announcement is, who knows. If anything I'm sure he'll be out before the end of the month... He better. :drflip:
I saw something that was speculating December 3rd they would give a date for the broadcast and that could be like the 6th or something. Then we get cloud and another character possibly at the end of the direct. December 3rd is apparently some game awards thing or something. I don't know, but it makes sense to me.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
They say the Direct is on Thursday. Which I'm doubting. But it would be a nice surprise.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
What are the changes of a Sephiroth, Tifa and Vicent/Barret costumes for the MIi's?
I would say that it is likely that there will be Mii costumes for Sephiroth, Tifa and Vincent or Barret.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
To bad Midgar won't be tournament legal. At least Zero Suit Samus can go under omega Midgar.

Top Bottom