• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Liar, you live in Arlen, Texas.
Ah tell you h'what, Dale, I'll kick your ass like I did when you took mah 'mower!

If Sakurai trolled us with Hank Hill, I would have a reaction like Maximillian Dood had for Cloud.

Morbi

Scavenger
Readying myself to get home, hangout with my corgi, and play some Smash. I'm trying to up my Ryu game at the moment. I know that I'll be maining Cloud, regardless of his viability, but I may main Ryu if I ever enter a tourney.
I want to declare the very same. That Cloud's viability is irrelevant; however, at this point, I just do not know for certain. I am going to try my very best because Cloud as a character means a lot to me. Most of my characters are lower tier (Falco, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong), but I have been really searching for a main that I do not have to carry. I want it to be Cloud.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I think i should practice my ZSS. I should practice Smash 4 more often since i am still bad at the game kind of.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Readying myself to get home, hangout with my corgi, and play some Smash. I'm trying to up my Ryu game at the moment. I know that I'll be maining Cloud, regardless of his viability, but I may main Ryu if I ever enter a tourney.
Will you be on tonight, say four hours or so?
I'll be available after my meeting.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
That Cloud's viability is irrelevant; however, at this point, I just do not know for certain
I think it'd be a sweet victory if Cloud turned out to be very viable. If we break down (what we know of his move set thus far) into basic points, we can make a somewhat educated determination of his viability. He has a projectile, albeit a slower moving projectile, but it's a projectile from a dude with a MASSIVE sword nonetheless; he utilizes a special mechanic that alters the range and power of his specials, and appears to be quite mobile. In spite of our lack hard data, he appears (and I use that term liberally) to have a lot of potential due to his versatility. He may not be on the same level as Sheik or ZSS, but I think he can give them a run for their money.

JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud -- I'll message you on the boards before I hop online if I'm not falling asleep by then. We shall Smash soon enough, my friend.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I think it'd be a sweet victory if Cloud turned out to be very viable. If we break down (what we know of his move set thus far) into basic points, we can make a somewhat educated determination of his viability. He has a projectile, albeit a slower moving projectile, but it's a projectile from a dude with a MASSIVE sword nonetheless; he utilizes a special mechanic that alters the range and power of his specials, and appears to be quite mobile. In spite of our lack hard data, he appears (and I use that term liberally) to have a lot of potential due to his versatility. He may not be on the same level as Sheik or ZSS, but I think he can give them a run for their money.

JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud -- I'll message you on the boards before I hop online if I'm not falling asleep by then. We shall Smash soon enough, my friend.
I agree to all of this. But yeah, no pressure. I have tomorrow off too, if there will be a time that works better then. Do you have Skype or TeamSpeak?

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
If anybody wants to spar with me just message me your NNID's and such. I haven't been on at ALL as of late. Been busy with that Fallout 4 binge. Im pretty sure im extremely rusty now because of it. But be sure that once the forecast shows Cloudy, I'll be just as active as I used to be.

...I'll even use a costume other than OG Cloud and Advent Cloud.

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I agree to all of this. But yeah, no pressure. I have tomorrow off too, if there will be a time that works better then. Do you have Skype or TeamSpeak?
I can boot up Skype. We can aim for tomorrow or another day this week. We'll figure it out.

Or JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud -- you can hop on now and we can play a few matches.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I'm not even kidding when I say this but, that guy did not predict Cloud being in Smash. In fact Cloud was predicted 7 years before Smash 4 was invented, before Kid Icarus Uprising was invented. On june-1-2008, one man predicted that Cloud would be in smash and we made fun of him. But in the end we were the fools. This man predicted Cloud bfore anyone and that man is...

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I'm not even kidding when I say this but, that guy did not predict Cloud being in Smash. In fact Cloud was predicted 7 years before Smash 4 was invented, before Kid Icarus Uprising was invented. On june-1-2008, one man predicted that Cloud would be in smash and we made fun of him. But in the end we were the fools. This man predicted Cloud bfore anyone and that man is...

Though he never wanted it to be true. He sung to the skies... prayers that no one would carry a bigger sword than he has. Though the skies did not answer his plea, he cried to the depths of the world, selling his soul for a false prediction. Ike's cries were much in vain. Chaos himself could not stop the power that was coming. Ike lost his soul that day, and now, just as he had feared, his blade means nothing.

Moral of the story kids: don't gamble.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hey there, just wanted to share this here, since Cloud was presented (a month ago xD):

I did this tweet when those costumes for the Mii came on the 30th September.

He was hinted (just coincidence xD).
I like it, but why did he give Rude hair?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
... The wait is killing me.

But I have my eShop wallet ready for Cloud!

Now I know this won't be happening, but IF Cloud had Custom moves, what would they be?
(Or heck, what if he had completely different custom moves?)

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
... The wait is killing me.

But I have my eShop wallet ready for Cloud!

Now I know this won't be happening, but IF Cloud had Custom moves, what would they be?
(Or heck, what if he had completely different custom moves?)
There would definitely be a Meteorain custom.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
There would definitely be a Meteorain custom.
Definitely! Might replace B Neutral.

Also, Down B (Limit Break) Could have Limit Break: FURY, and Limit Break: SADNESS, which would charge faster/slower, and of course have the limit break versions be weaker/stronger.

Up+B: Braver (doesn't damage while rising, only while falling)
...and although that's it for Limit Breaks, an alternate Side B could be 4X Cut and 2X Cut.

Also, what do you think his final portrait in Classic Mode will be like?
The obvious guess:
:4cloud:x:4link:
:4cloud:x:4myfriends:

But what I'd love to see, is being with characters who look kind of like his fellow party members:
:4cloud::4wiifit::4samus::4duckhunt::4falcon::4bowserjr::4sheik::4greninja: .... (though I can see why this wouldn't make a lot of sense)

3rd party group shot would be nice to:
:4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::4sonic::4megaman:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hmm, so the annual Video Game Awards are live tonight, and Reggie is one of the guests. I'm guessing that he'll tell us when the direct will air.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Sigh. It's looking as if Cloud won't be available this week considering the lack of formal announcement regarding the newest Nintendo Direct.

Well, maybe Cloud will be released separate from the Direct conference? That's my hope, but hope doesn't guarantee a damn thing. Perhaps Reggie will reveal the date tonight and our favorite swordsman will be available for purchase tomorrow?

GAWD. THIS. H'WAIT.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sigh. It's looking as if Cloud won't be available this week if there's been no formal announcement for the newest Nintendo Direct.

Well, maybe Cloud will be released separate from the Direct conference, at least, that's my hope. Perhaps Reggie will reveal the date tonight and our favorite swordsman will be available for purchase tomorrow?

GAWD. THIS. H'WAIT.
I'm crossing my fingers for an announcement such as:

"Before we go... last direct we showed you the newest character and stage addition to Smash Bros. Well allow me to announce, that Cloud has been summoned to the Nintendo eShop as Downloadable Content for you to purchase TODAY."

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
As great as that would be, the end of Sakurai's most recent column said that there would be more information about Cloud in December's Smash Direct. I really don't see him getting released beforehand.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm gonna be real. If Dedede EVER gets a stock lead he immediately becomes one of the most infuriating characters to fight. NEVER DIES and stuff.
Pretty much. IMO, I think D3 has the potential be one of the most terrifying characters on the roster if you allow him to play his game. Think of it like Ganon, who can take off a stock off most of the cast in like 5 solid hits...only on top of that similarly raw power that D3 has, add on the plethora of options that limit the other guy's options, like Gordos, Inhale, and other very meaty, disjointed moves. You can get some pretty impressive sequences that almost resemble setplay in traditional fighters.

Problem is, it's really hard for D3 to get that sometimes. I've joked in the past about D3's neutral being non-existent and all, but the reality is that he just has to play so differently because of how he has to engage other characters in 1v1. As Zero pointed out, D3 has to be patient and capitalize on errors made while jockeying for advantage in neutral against most characters---which is a tall order, thanks to his cumbersome kit. It's easy for him to be overwhelmed and bullied out of the fight sometimes because of this, not to mention his fastest defensive options are horribly mediocre in comparison to some characters and don't offer much in the way of relief.

So, in short, you're basically forced to play a game of attrition in most MUs, with lots of giving ground and little in the way of taking it. Thankfully D3 does punish hard enough when he can, enough for him to turn the tide, but it's rough times overall.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As great as that would be, the end of Sakurai's most recent column said that there would be more information about Cloud in December's Smash Direct. I really don't see him getting released beforehand.
Why would he talk about him and NOT release him afterwards?

. . .

Oh right! Because he's Sakurai :facepalm:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I'm crossing my fingers for an announcement such as:

"Before we go... last direct we showed you the newest character and stage addition to Smash Bros. Well allow me to announce, that Cloud has been summoned to the Nintendo eShop as Downloadable Content for you to purchase TODAY."
The eShop would crash if that happened. Even more than E3 2015 with Lucas, Roy, & Ryu.

D

Deleted member

On Monday, I bought Final Fantasy VII for $26.03 online and it will be coming soon.
I checked to see if my PS2 worked and it does, but unfortunately my controller is screwed. My PS2 hasn't been used in years and my controller got dusty as a result... sometimes it wouldn't respond and sometimes it was doing inputs when I didn't want it to.

So, I bought a new controller and a PS1 Memory Card. Hopefully, I can experience this game soon and see why it's considered legendary.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
When Cloud hits a the E-Shop, it's going to be a race to see who can get him. I tend to wait about a couple of hours before even thinking of trying to get a DLC character whenever one shows up.

D

Deleted member

I put a lot of money on the eShop, so I am ready for whatever DLC comes my way (minus Mii costumes).

I just hope that I get lucky and that I will download Cloud and every other stage and character announced. I wanna play him soon...

SonicMario

Smash Master
Definitely! Might replace B Neutral.

Also, Down B (Limit Break) Could have Limit Break: FURY, and Limit Break: SADNESS, which would charge faster/slower, and of course have the limit break versions be weaker/stronger.

Up+B: Braver (doesn't damage while rising, only while falling)
...and although that's it for Limit Breaks, an alternate Side B could be 4X Cut and 2X Cut.

Also, what do you think his final portrait in Classic Mode will be like?
The obvious guess:
:4cloud:x:4link:
:4cloud:x:4myfriends:

But what I'd love to see, is being with characters who look kind of like his fellow party members:
:4cloud::4wiifit::4samus::4duckhunt::4falcon::4bowserjr::4sheik::4greninja: .... (though I can see why this wouldn't make a lot of sense)

3rd party group shot would be nice to:
:4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::4sonic::4megaman:
Cloud and Shulk would also be a good one. Classic and Modern JRPG heroes

Top Bottom