• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Yeah but what else woukd his victory jingle if not the most iconic bit of music in Final Fantasy?
True but you never know with Sakurai. For all we know he could cut a piece from, say, the overworld theme, and remix it to turn it into a victory song. He would do something like that lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's gonna be something like, 3 or 4 in the morning for me or something when this December Smash Bros. broadcast comes about. And I'll try to be there live for it when this happens. Won't be until January when I (hopefully) get to play Cloud.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's gonna be something like, 3 or 4 in the morning for me or something when this December Smash Bros. broadcast comes about. And I'll try to be there live for it when this happens. Won't be until January when I (hopefully) get to play Cloud.
Why would it be 3 or 4 am in the morning for us?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh! Whoops, shoulda explained. I'm going to Australia right now as we speak. Travelling with my Mom and friend for my sister's wedding. So other side of the world, other side of time, all that fun stuff. :p
Ok well that makes sense then. lol

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Oh! Whoops, shoulda explained. I'm going to Australia right now as we speak. Travelling with my Mom and friend for my sister's wedding. So other side of the world, other side of time, all that fun stuff. :p
Have fun, be safe, and wish your sister a blissful wedding day and honeymoon from all us barflies!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I started playing Final Fantasy VI and its great! But something stood out to me. How does this
look like this?

I am nit-picking, but I just find it strange.
Terra is apparantly blonde and Bartz has white hair. This is pretty jarring to me, but in this case, it's okay, because Kefka is great and because for once, the sprite work is inferior

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
True but you never know with Sakurai. For all we know he could cut a piece from, say, the overworld theme, and remix it to turn it into a victory song. He would do something like that lol
No. We heard the victory theme in the trailer, and it's the classic Final Fantasy one, remixed or not.

Sakurai wouldn't do something like that, and likes to present 3rd party characters especially as best he can.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No. We heard the victory theme in the trailer, and it's the classic Final Fantasy one, remixed or not.

Sakurai wouldn't do something like that, and likes to present 3rd party characters especially as best he can.
I'm pretty sure what we heard was part of a medley, though I have no doubt the classic 9 notes would be the victory theme

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ugh... I need something awesome to happen.. When's Cloud coming out!!? :(

I wonder how much he'll cost. He'll be around $6-$7 like Ryu most likely.

First thing I'm doing when I get him, is play some solo matches, clear every single player mode as him, train some more, before I take him to For Glory.

--
Question time!
Your Online Taunts?

Mine will be:
-Victory pose: LEVEL UP or Exp gained: 0
-Magic cast: NOT ENOUGH MP
-??????: (I don't recall which is the 3rd taunt, so I can't come up with anything).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

First thing I'm doing when I get him, is play some solo matches, clear every single player mode as him, train some more, before I take him to For Glory.

--
Question time!
Your Online Taunts?

Mine will be:
-??????: (I don't recall which is the 3rd taunt, so I can't come up with anything).
He comes out when he comes out. :D

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Another vet and another 3rd party isn't out of the question, if you ask me.
Ryu + Roy
Cloud + Wolf.
(FUUUUSIOOON)
Snake. (3rd party + Vet) + Ballot Winner(s)

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...pretty sure Uematsu only had a hand in the opening theme of Brawl.

That was the theme to FD attached to the Smash Direct announcement.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson

--
Question time!
Your Online Taunts?

Mine will be:
I'm hoping that he costs as much as Ryu, because my wallet on the eShop is almost dry, I have like $6.42. It's a character and stage bundle, so I'm almost positive it's going to be the same price as Ryu (another 3rd party character). Sak wouldn't screw us over like that, but as for the rest of the DLC... I won't be getting that for a few more weeks when I run into some money (assuming it'll be early December than later).

I think I'm probably going to do the same thing as you, and use him in all the different modes and test him out on different stages to really get a feel for him before I attempt to beat everyone up. I did that with Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucas when they came out, and was very successful (except Lucas for a while). I wonder what fun I can have with those Limit Breaks in an 8-player Smash hmm...
So I wonder how Cloud's pivot game will be with that dash of his...
He did a jab out of Dash so quickly in the trailer, I'm having high hopes for it. I hope we can throw out anything that quickly. Since Ftilt looks somewhat laggy, I'm sure the best way to use it is with a pivot, like Zelda's.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm uncertain whether Cloud will be my 3rd main, OR as a secondary. Of course, I feel that the answer won't be found until he's released.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Ay im back. Did I miss anything? Also I just beat FF7.
People are just talking about which other newcomers/veterans to be released alongside Cloud would be better at the moment.
Also, how did you enjoy it? I remember getting Knights of the Round, and using it to defeat Sephiroth in one go.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
It was pretty good, kind of underwhelming, but still good. Crisis Core was more memorable to me in all honesty. I still really enjoyed 7 tho. cloud was easily my favorite character in it.

Top Bottom