• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
To be fair, manually charging it is also contradictory to how it works in FFVII.
Not that contradictory, taking damage is just part of life in an RPG, so much so that one would easily think Limit Breaks charged with time if context wasn't given.

...Though I guess you could say Little Mac has the real Limit Break.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Thats my intent with my thread I made. I would like it to be stickied but I understand if thats not doable. I do indeed plan on making it the super hub of information and Ill clean it up even more over the next few days so we have a very organized, very clear groundwork. Resources and such will be added alongside a ton of other info. I will do my best, and hopefully itll help players out in the long run. Im going to add more to it probably to make it even easier to go through. Itll be updated as constantly as new info is found. I appreciate the enthusiasm and I hope to provide the best guide and community build resource that I can. Thanks everyone.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
The team will be used to find information about Cloud and discover new things.

Strong-Arm Strong-Arm We are here if you need any help with your thread. :)

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Thanks everyone. Lol I was up for a few hours working on that. Its still not completely finished. I appreciate all of the help. You guys are awesome.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Didn't somebody here mention something about Cloud being able to charge his limit break manually in Dissidia? I wouldn't know because I only played a demo on the PSP years ago.

Last edited:

Irnkman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Irnkman
Didn't somebody here mention something about Cloud being able to charge his limit break manually in Dissidia? I wouldn't know because I only played a demo on the PSP years ago.
In Dissidia, when Cloud uses his EX attack, Omnislash, you mash the circle button to fill a bar, and the closer it is to maximum, the more hits and damage.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Am I the only person who dislikes Cloud's Final Smash? I don't know... It just seems somewhat bland. It's not a clone of Ike's, but it's not original to smash either. It should've been more similar to Link's, or looked more like the canon version.
Also, IMO, during the start-up phase of the attack his sword should've transformed into the Ultima Sword.
Also, this wasn't shown in the direct, but I hope Cloud also acquires his omnislash from Advent Children when using that costume.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
G Gimmick I honestly see no difference from the Original and Smash versions of Omnislash (well, aside from the obvious going into the air with it). And as cool as Omnislash Ver. 5 is, that would mean changing the hit boxes of the move, which would require additional programming.
It's perfect as is.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Am I the only person who dislikes Cloud's Final Smash? I don't know... It just seems somewhat bland. It's not a clone of Ike's, but it's not original to smash either. It should've been more similar to Link's, or looked more like the canon version.
Also, IMO, during the start-up phase of the attack his sword should've transformed into the Ultima Sword.
Also, this wasn't shown in the direct, but I hope Cloud also acquires his omnislash from Advent Children when using that costume.
The way it looks in Smash is actually pretty much the same way it looks in Dissidia. And it's a fine update to the attack. If it looked exactly like in the FFVII it would be pretty choppy.
And hey, they do have those distinctive strike impact sound effects from 7 in the game. That's a pretty cool nod, too.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like Omnislash as it is. In my book, Cloud created that move before half of the sword users in ssb ripped it off.

Heck... That part of the trailer, with all the camera shots exactly as in that final showdown in FFVII, still gives me the chills!

BTW, am I the only one who things Cloud's Fsmash actually looks fast, but with end lag? He looks like a fairly agile ground fighter, and heavy air fighter (sans dair+uair). Usmash seems like his slowest ground move.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I think cloud's gonna have a few very fast moves with a LOT of heavy hitting moves. And those heavy hits look very fast on start-up but with slow recovery... hey better than slow all together right?

His overall speed seems average, which is what I expected considering his history.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
who else wants next week to be when the meteor that is cloud to fall?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
who else wants next week to be when the meteor that is cloud to fall?
Wait a minute... Does that mean Sephiroth summoned Cloud to be in Smash. Y'know, Black Materia and Meteor and all...

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I can't go into the Youtube comments section now on smash videos without seeing something about Cloud being a bad Ike clone and being added in as a way to make money(because that's a bad thing thing for a business to do apparently). I don't know if I should be annoyed or be laughing.

Last edited:

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I really don't see Cloud being a clone of Ike any more than Shulk being a clone of Ike. Sure they may have similar 'movements' in some of their moves (like fair or dair, as seen in trailer so far) but mechanic wise, not so much. I mean, they're both big sword users, there's bound to be similar swing actions in some of their moves.

Also, look at their specials, they're nothing alike.

Speaking of specials, I'm really reaalllly bummed they would give Cloud a projectile and not Ike when Ike's specialty in his FE games was that he could fire shockwaves with Ragnell, but nooooo lets give him this totally random eruption move as if he were a part fire mage or something.

O well, at least they made ike's flames blue, which kinda makes his eruption and final smash relevant to Radiant Dawn Ike and his title of 'Hero of the Blue Flame'.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I can't go into the Youtube comments section now on smash videos without seeing something about Cloud being a bad Ike clone and being added in as a way to make money(because that's a bad thing thing for a business to do apparently). I don't know if I should be annoyed or be laughing.
Laugh, my dear. Laugh away at the ignorant masses! It's a great exercise whenever you're bored.

Everything in moderation though~

Generally speaking I think they're just salty it was Cloud and not someone else, but a ****ty Ike clone? I remember when Ike had Limit Breaks =V. Youtube comments are usually cancer though, so always remember that.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I really don't see Cloud being a clone of Ike any more than Shulk being a clone of Ike. Sure they may have similar 'movements' in some of their moves (like fair or dair, as seen in trailer so far) but mechanic wise, not so much. I mean, they're both big sword users, there's bound to be similar swing actions in some of their moves.

Also, look at their specials, they're nothing alike.

Speaking of specials, I'm really reaalllly bummed they would give Cloud a projectile and not Ike when Ike's specialty in his FE games was that he could fire shockwaves with Ragnell, but nooooo lets give him this totally random eruption move as if he were a part fire mage or something.

O well, at least they made ike's flames blue, which kinda makes his eruption and final smash relevant to Radiant Dawn Ike and his title of 'Hero of the Blue Flame'.
Actually they're animations are completely different too. Cloud's F-air is probably the most similar but even then it's a meteor. Cloud's Up-B goes up and down like Ike's but actually does it in a manner more similar to Marth and on top of that, i don't think Cloud needs to fall from his Up-B. Smash attacks are all different. Jab is way different. D-tilt F-tilt U-tilt, ALL different. Stance is way different. Swords are completely different with different hitboxes (Ike's is more of a Claymore while Cloud's is a Greatsword more akin to the video game world). Oh and Cloud has Limit Break AND the real Omnislash.

There's nothing similar about them. Ike mains can measure both swords all they want, ours is STILL bigger.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
JENOVA needs to be a stage soundtrack. Seriously. It's so perfect for it.

Also, It's awesome how my main in Dissidia made it into my favorite game series of all time, that's sure is a happy accident.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My guess for Final Fantasy music that'll be on Midgar is,

- Battle Theme
- Boss Theme
- Opening/Bombing
- One-Winged Angel
- JENOVA
- Final Fantasy Battle Medley (I-XIII perhaps?? Maybe more or less)

As much as I'd love for a whole bunch of songs to be in though, Ryu didn't get too many either.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
At least 3DS only owners will at least get to listen to the battle theme, and the boss theme. (Unless they're actually one remix).

But for the rest of the songs, I need to have:
-Bombing mission
-The continuous battle theme song (battle arena from Golden Saucer)
-Jenova
-Aerith's theme
-The one I call "bizarro Sephiroth"
-One Winged Angel

And for the heck of it, a medley of all FF battle themes from FFI to FFXIII.
... and Chrono Trigger battle medley.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Actually, I think that Cloud has a similarity with Shulk. Only a medley was used in a trailer. It seems jarring to remix the Victory Fanfare of all things as a standalone track
Unless it's, y'know, used as his actual victory theme.

It'd be weird and unfitting as heck to just have it come out as part of a medley during a fight.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Unless it's, y'know, used as his actual victory theme.

It'd be weird and unfitting as heck to just have it come out as part of a medley during a fight.
Ice Cream Island has the Kirby Dance play at the end, Dedede's theme V2 has the Kirby Death play at the end and I highly doubt Cloud's victory theme would last that long judging by every other character's victory theme

Top Bottom