• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Good DI neuters any attack badly, but Charizard's uthrow has greater knockback than Mewtwo's but only just...while ROB is close behind both of them...
Yeah I know that on paper Zard's uthrow has more knockback (especially growth), it's the knockback angle (the Sakurai angle) that makes it easier to survive, and it doesn't help that the throw is very distinctive so you're not likely to catch them off guard.

Mewtwo's however throws them straight up, which DIing does little to reduce the effectiveness of. People still like to say that it's weaker though, just to pile on the complaints in hopes that it'll get them buffs and out of salt that Mewtwo actually has competition in this regard now.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
For his weight, Mewtwo should be at the least second to Ganon in terms of strength. Being the second lightest character and that big and light, it doesn't make sense to be like the 10th strongest character

Sign me up. I seriously want an MK character in Smash Bros. Ed Boon needs to approach this man Sakurai some day before Smash 5 is announced because I think we can all agree that an MK character would never win a Smash Ballot.

Me, you and your friend might be the very small minority that want this to happen. Gen 1 Mortal Kombat will pretty much be represented. Mortal Kombat certainly has a legacy and stirred up a good ****storm from mainstream media in the 90's because of the gore, violence, and fatalities were too real, as well as the kiddies being interested in the game. Majority of the MK games released on Nintendo consoles so that's a plus. MK also introduced having a different control scheme and a button for blocking attacks which was different considering all of the fighting games people were playing in the 90's that didn't have this except Smash Bros.

Considering we've had Solid Snake in Smash Bros, which was from an M rated franchise involving war and murder then having an MK character in Smash Bros wouldn't be that out of place. Netherrealm Studios would most likely push Scorpion because Ed Boon loves him. The only problem is I don't see his spear move working in Smash Bros without it going into the character. Sakurai showcasing the names of Scorpion's moves also won't work out for Nintendo and Sakurai. I could see Sakurai going with either Raiden, Liu Kang or Sub-Zero because they have a more "friendly" character design (Scorpion can take off his face revealing his 2spooky skeleton head and breath fire on you).

The trailer would fit pretty well with the Smash universe because there are different Realms in MK. The beginning of the trailer could have the Smash Ball logo in the center with fire at the bottom. The logo starts to spin slowly and shows the dragon logo on the back. After the dragon logo you hear the Gong sound effect. Raiden, Liu Kang, or any other qualified MK character for smash could go through a portal (the one's from Subspace Emissary) and into Smash Bros challenging everyone to a fight. An MK character could even the Aggressor mechanic in smash bros, making them fight like Turbo mode in Project M while buffing their strength until the Aggressor meter runs out. Friendship would probably end up being mixed in a final smash. It seems appropriate and something Sakurai would do.
Not sure that I want MK in the game if it's just gonna be neutered Scorpion, a-la MK v. DC Universe

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
For his weight, Mewtwo should be at the least second to Ganon in terms of strength. Being the second lightest character and that big and light, it doesn't make sense to be like the 10th strongest character
I repeat, he has the strongest projectile and vertical kill throw in normal circumstances, a good combo game, mobility and fantastic recovery. Ganon has none of that so he really needs that strength.

As far as super-low percent killing goes, he has the "gimmick" move in Disable like Rest, Oil Panic or Judgement, except it is fairly consistent, has good range and isn't too punishable.

In general Mewtwo isn't so much about raw power as he is about versatility, which is part of what truly makes glass cannons like Akuma effective. He doesn't have anything that hits as hard as Zangief's grapples but he can cover loads of options.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Welp, I flew through FFVII this weekend with the hope that it would appease my horribly inconvenient desire to play as Cloud and Smash, but it exacerbated it, I tell you h'what.

I hope wheelchair Cloud is an alternative costume.

Morbi

Scavenger
Welp, I flew through FFVII this weekend with the hope that it would appease my horribly inconvenient desire to play as Cloud and Smash, but it exacerbated it, I tell you h'what.

I agree, at first you think playing through the source material will sate those desires; however, they only become more amplified. But hey, the wait for Cloud is extremely short. The wait for the Final Fantasy 7 remake, on the other hand, well, yeah. It helps me put things into perspective.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I just hope Cloud's inclusion opens the floodgate for other FF characters to potentially make appearances.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

I gotta find someone who takes 3D Printing requests so I can pay him/her to make Cloud in a wheelchair. Then I'll glue him to a Cloud Amiibo bottom.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Tri Knight Tri Knight and @Bobert77 is Link good? I need a solid 3 as well and I'm looking for a Projectile fighter. From what I'm seeing, there are a lot of Link mains here. More then I expected.

I may try to go :4cloud::4zss::4link: as well.
Link's decent. I have to disagree with @Bobert77 on the top 20 placement though.

Link has a lot of tools that he can't consistently make use of. The amount of projectiles he has makes his zone game decent but his lack of real consistent utility holds him back. This is due to his lack of ground and air speed (which hurts him in neutral and disadvantage). He literally has zero OoS options since his jab is frame 7 (yes, his JAB). And that's actually his fastest ground attack. So his CQC, though good with spacing is actually very subpar. If in disadvantage, it's hard for him to retreat due to his low speed and abysmal jump squat which leaves him pretty much a punching bag in some scenarios.

What he does have is so many kill options. It's ridiculous how many moves of his can kill. And he can tank a LOT of hits as well. But his CQC is not that great and his zoning game is not nearly as good as say Toon Link's.

Link is in a hole right now. He has been since Smash came out. Until his CQC is buffed up - like faster jab, less jump squat lag, etc. - I'd put him in Mid - Low Mid.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Cloud may be light due to him floating on the ground when he runs like Mewtwo and Paulentena. Plus, Cloud jump a good height for a jump on the trailer.

But the Blade may effect him as well. I mean Cloud carries it like a ****ing butter knife, but look at this

Mewtwo is 269 lbs.

Charizard is 200 lbs.

Sakurai doesn't put much thought into weight, so This could mean Sakurai will either make Cloud heavy due to the blade, or light due to the fact that he floats.

Or he could just be normal sized.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Cloud may be light due to him floating on the ground when he runs like Mewtwo and Paulentena. Plus, Cloud jump a good height for a jump on the trailer.

But the Blade may effect him as well. I mean Cloud carries it like a ****ing butter knife, but look at this

Mewtwo is 269 lbs.

Charizard is 200 lbs.

Sakurai doesn't put much thought into weight, so This could mean Sakurai will either make Cloud heavy due to the blade, or light due to the fact that he floats.

I honestly don't think that a dash animation is the most reliable way to guess someone's weight.

Besides, you forgot Charizard, who flies slightly above the ground (kinda like hovering, but using its wings) when dashing and he's a heavyweight.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Mewtwo is 269 lbs.

Charizard is 200 lbs.

I believe Samus, in Melee, is one of the heavier characters; however, she still floats to an extent. It does not have to be either/or, he can be heavy and float; albeit, I doubt that will be the case. I am just asserting that it is certainly possible. Regardless, I do not really care if he is light. It appears as though he has more than enough to compensate for that. We shall see.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
They'll probably be trophies at most.
I still believe in the Mii costume dream. But, then again, I do not believe THAT much. If I did, I would be practicing Mii Brawler in anticipation for Tifa. That being said, in a way, I do not want Mii costumes of Final Fantasy VII characters. The reason? I do not want to play as a Mii Fighter. I will if I have to though. Don't think I won't (rare use of contractions and referencing herself in the third person from Morbid).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I still believe in the Mii costume dream. But, then again, I do not believe THAT much. If I did, I would be practicing Mii Brawler in anticipation for Tifa. That being said, in a way, I do not want Mii costumes of Final Fantasy VII characters. The reason? I do not want do play as a Mii Fighter. I will if I have to though. Don't think I won't (rare use of contractions and referencing herself in the third person from Morbid).
I'd rather have like Cecil and Kain for Mii Swordsman... But I could totally see Tifa as a brawler, Sephiroth as a Swordsman and Barret as a Gunner.

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
I hope Cloud weights between :4falcon: and :4ganondorf: anything less than that would make no sense. Buster sword is huge, that alone is enough to make a middleweight. :4mewtwo: is an exception and i believe it's the only character on the roster that the weight makes no sense (though there are few others that i dont agree like :4diddy: and :4wiifit:, both should be lighter imo but i can live with it)

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I honestly don't think that a dash animation is the most reliable way to guess someone's weight.

Besides, you forgot Charzard, who flies slightly above the ground (kinda like hovering, but using its wings) when dashing and he's a heavyweight.
Oh yeah I forgot. Eh, that's just my take on it.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Random questions ahead:

So do you guys prefer Final Fantasy's that allow full freedom with the customization of the main character? What I mean is, the ability to equip the main character with any weapon type and class in the game? Or do you prefer preset classes and/or weapons for each character (such as Cloud being limited to broad/greatswords)?

Also, what's your favorite final fantasy class?

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
praline praline

Shoutouts to the best fish in the Underworld! Undyne is bae~

And I don't mind preset things so much because you can still have a robust leveling/progression system backing it up (7 and 10 almost immediately come to mind here). Either way works for me, tbh.

Smooth Criminal

Morbi

Scavenger
Random questions ahead:

So do you guys prefer Final Fantasy's that allow full freedom with the customization of the main character? What I mean is, the ability to equip the main character with any weapon type and class in the game? Or do you prefer preset classes and/or weapons for each character (such as Cloud being limited to broad/greatswords)?

I personally prefer that the main character is preset or limited as I feel that contributes to their character. If I am playing as, say Robin in Fire Emblem, I enjoy the freedom because Robin is supposed to be me. However, Cloud is not supposed to be me. I want Cloud to be Cloud. So, in short, it depends.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would like to see some FF1 based costumes for Miis.

For example:
Mii Brawler: Fighter class. Thief class.
Mii Gunner: Black Mage class. (He would either aim with the staff, or he'd just be unarmed) / White Mage class.
Mii Swordsman: Warrior class / Ninja Class

-

It depends. More freedom is always great, and boosts replay value by a lot, imho.
But then again, when it's preset, I don't need to worry that I do irepairable damage to my character. (For example, I ruined Khimari by accidentally turning him into another Rikku, but that's just because I didn't know the skill set system)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
praline praline

Shoutouts to the best fish in the Underworld! Undyne is bae~

And I don't mind preset things so much because you can still have a robust leveling/progression system backing it up (7 and 10 almost immediately come to mind here). Either way works for me, tbh.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah she's cool.

Random questions ahead:

I liked FF2. If they did another game like that that'd be cool.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I personally prefer that the main character is preset or limited as I feel that contributes to their character. If I am playing as, say Robin in Fire Emblem, I enjoy the freedom because Robin is supposed to be me. However, Cloud is not supposed to be me. I want Cloud to be Cloud. So, in short, it depends.
This. Darn it, man, stop reading my thoughts and phrasing them better! It's getting creepy!
what's your favorite final fantasy class?
Dragoon/SOLDIER.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Favorite class: Dragoon, definitely.

I've had to drag my dead party as a solo Dragoon equipped with Blood Lance + Wind Lance through 3 dungeons already, in FF3.

Runner ups:
2nd: Summoner (Gotta catch 'em all... summons).
3rd: Monk or any other bare-fist class.

Though if I was in an FF game, I'd also enjoy being a Blue Mage.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man if a Dragon Quest character got in Smash then my 3 favourite series would be in the game. That'd be so hype,

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Man if a Dragon Quest character got in Smash then my 3 favourite series would be in the game. That'd be so hype,
That would indeed be awesome.

I'm a sucker for Toriyama's art, therefore, I've become a Dragon Quest fan.

The question is... who would get in? The main heroes? Do they even have names? Or the more popular sidekicks? (Alena, Jessica, Yangus, etc)

Sure, they could please all DQ fans and add every single hero from 1-8 as a single entity named "HERO!"
(Or whip it up to 16 costumes for HERO, by adding the ones from 9,10,11,Monsters Joker 1, 2, 3, Swords, etc)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That would indeed be awesome.

I'm a sucker for Toriyama's art, therefore, I've become a Dragon Quest fan.

The question is... who would get in? The main heroes? Do they even have names? Or the more popular sidekicks? (Alena, Jessica, Yangus, etc)

Sure, they could please all DQ fans and add every single hero from 1-8 as a single entity named "HERO!"
(Or whip it up to 16 costumes for HERO, by adding the ones from 9,10,11,Monsters Joker 1, 2, 3, Swords, etc)
I'd want Slime just cause it is the most recognizable but I could see Jessica or Alena or Bianca or even Terry but I'd rather not him so people don't ***** about another swords user,

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd want Slime just cause it is the most recognizable but I could see Jessica or Alena or Bianca or even Terry but I'd rather not him so people don't ***** about another swords user,
To be fair, Hero could have a sword just for his neutral game.
He could also use boomerangs, axes, whips, maces, fists, magic, etc.

Whipping up a moveset just because:

A: Sword slash. (x3)
Ftilt: Downward slash
Dtilt: Low slash
Utilt: Shield poke

Nair: Spin slash
Fair: Double kick
Dair: Axe spike
Bair: Shield smash.
Uair: Shield uppercut.

Fsmash: Boomerang throw
Dsmash: Axe spin attack
Usmash: Fist raise uppercut.

B: Frizz, Frizzle, Kafrizzle
Btilt: Summon Monster (Slime, Chump Stump, Evoraptor, Skeleton, Wyvern, Golem, etc)
Bup: Warp (teleport)
Bdown: Raise Tension (3 levels of charge which affect Smash Attacks)

Grab: Whip

Final Smash: Puff. (Turns into a giant dragon).
Gimmick: While standing still, blocks projectiles with shield, like Link.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be fair, Hero could have a sword just for his neutral game.
He could also use boomerangs, axes, whips, maces, fists, magic, etc.

Whipping up a moveset just because:

A: Sword slash. (x3)
Ftilt: Downward slash
Dtilt: Low slash
Utilt: Shield poke

Nair: Spin slash
Fair: Double kick
Dair: Axe spike
Bair: Shield smash.
Uair: Shield uppercut.

Fsmash: Boomerang throw
Dsmash: Axe spin attack
Usmash: Fist raise uppercut.

B: Frizz, Frizzle, Kafrizzle
Btilt: Summon Monster (Slime, Chump Stump, Evoraptor, Skeleton, Wyvern, Golem, etc)
Bup: Warp (teleport)
Bdown: Raise Tension (3 levels of charge which affect Smash Attacks)

Grab: Whip

Final Smash: Puff. (Turns into a giant dragon).
Gimmick: While standing still, blocks projectiles with shield, like Link.
Zoom would be a better up special.

Top Bottom