• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Wolf is the only 1st party veteran currently MIA save for the Ice Climbers, so I bet he'll be coming soon. Then I imagine we'll get to see who was most requested in the ballot, and an announcement as to how that will affect future dlc.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wolf is the only 1st party veteran currently MIA save for the Ice Climbers, so I bet he'll be coming soon. Then I imagine we'll get to see who was most requested in the ballot, and an announcement as to how that will affect future dlc.
I feel like what we get in the December Direct is the last dlc.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Probably a Midgar, Sephiroth and maybe Aerith trophy.
Stage hazards in smash has trophies as well if they are actual characters (like how all pokemons in kalos league appears as trophie)

I guess we could maybe get Infrit, Ramuh, Leviathan, Odin and Bahamut Zero trophies as well

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I think Wolfs coming for sure, especially since
1. Hes very VERY popular among smash players
2. Would generate a **** ton of mullah
3. Is very easy to make (Sakurai said this once in an interview)

I also hope Snake returns for me I would personally like to see any of these
Wolf
K.Rool
Shovel Knight
Snake
Squirtle
Zack(kek)

Also someone turn this into an icon lol

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Stage hazards in smash has trophies as well if they are actual characters (like how all pokemons in kalos league appears as trophie)

I guess we could maybe get Infrit, Ramuh, Leviathan, Odin and Bahamut Zero trophies as well
That would be pretty cool.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Along with Cloud? I'm thinking Snake as well but I don't know. Wolf isn't coming back for sure and I wouldn't really blink twice if he did or not (not a fan of the series to be honest). Definitely not getting anymore Pokemon. LoZ and Mario have enough reps I think though Waluigi would make some sense to be in I guess.

Actually, King K. Rool and Banjo/Kazooie are some pretty high probabilities so I'd put my money on them.

As for trophies we'll definitely see Sephie, maybe Aerith, and i can see Buster Sword as a standalone trophy as well. I mean the sword itself is iconic even without Cloud.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Banjo were dlc he'd definitely make bank.

I want Goku. lol I know that won't happen though...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It'd be hilarious if the other DLC characters were all Final Fantasy VII characters. We heard you liked Cloud, so now have Sephiroth and Tifa and out of the 3, only Sephiroth is actually unique. Why Sephiroth when Cloud's more or less confirmed to have a meter system through his Limit Breaks? Multi-hitting. In Dissidia, all of Sephiroth's Masamune attacks hit multiple times. No character in Smash has multi-hits on all their moves. Welp, RIP Ryu, you're about to get hard countered and lose your chance of being a top tier. :p

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
IMO...

Characters-

• Cloud
  • King K. Rool
  • Wolf
  • Snake
  • Sub-Zero or Scorpion

Also, recently I've been thinking about the practicality of certain characters making into smash. I feel like people are forgetting that there's more to smash than just YouTube and Smash Boards. We also have to acknowledge the casual fan base. I guarantee you that a majority of casual fans probably voted for Daisy, Toad, and even Goku. That's why I some times wonder if characters such as Issac, Shantae, Bayonetta, and Waddle Dee ever had a chance.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
IMO...

Characters-

• Cloud
  • King K. Rool
  • Wolf
  • Snake
  • Sub-Zero or Scorpion

Also, recently I've been thinking about the practicality of certain characters making into smash. I feel like people are forgetting that there's more to smash than just YouTube and Smash Boards. We also have to acknowledge the casual fan base. I guarantee you that a majority of casual fans probably voted for Daisy, Toad, and even Goku. That's why I some times wonder if characters such as Issac, Shantae, Bayonetta, and Waddle Dee ever had a chance.
Honestly I'd be cool with those 5 characters as last dlc... Especially if K. Rool is replaced by Isaac or Goku,

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
IMO...

Characters-

• Cloud
  • King K. Rool
  • Wolf
  • Snake
  • Sub-Zero or Scorpion

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
Someone else who wants an MK character lol. Itll probably never happen, but by Raiden it would be awesome to see Sub Zero burst into the game lol

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
Someone else who wants an MK character lol. Itll probably never happen, but by Raiden it would be awesome to see Sub Zero burst into the game lol
People said Cloud would never happen. Mortal Kombat was on the snes so Scorpion is possible.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
I think All star mode would end getting screwed with all the fan-favorite characters that people want.....Just look at this

1994-1998
Level 5 (3DS) - Level 3 (Wii U)

Ness
(August 27, 1994)
Diddy Kong (November 21, 1994)
Mewtwo (February 27, 1996)
Pikachu (February 27, 1996)
Charizard (February 27, 1996)
Jigglypuff (February 27, 1996)
Cloud (January 31, 1997)
Sheik (November 21, 1998)
Ganondorf (November 21, 1998)

And on that single period of time, was launched DKC, DKC2, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario RPG, Star Fox 64. So, if we are getting Banjo, Wolf, K. Rool, Geno and/or Dixie Kong, we will have to battle SOOOO many characters there, XDD.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I know its really early, but I feel like the Cloud boards should have an icon associated with them like how the Zelda boards got with:secretkpop:
I vote for the "This picture literally screams sarcasm and works with basically everything" or the woah wut Zack reaction icon

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmm, a playable Chocobo character would work surprisingly well with a Luigified Yoshi moveset. The flutter jump, machine gun kicks, even throwing eggs.
Anyone else agree that Cloud deserves a spot more than Pac-man?
Honestly, I do believe that Cloud deserved his spot more than Pac-Man. Pac-Man is legendary and one of the first discernible video-game "characters;" however, the intrinsic issue with Pac-Man, to me, is that he is essentially a cheese wheel. An iconic cheese wheel, of course. The Pac-Man that non-core gamers are deeply aware of is not the one we received. I am not a huge Pac-Man fan, so I am not entirely certain if he ever uses ghosts to attack enemies or anything of the sort. I do know that when non-core gamers allude to Pac-Man they are not mentally construing the creature playable in Smash Brothers.

The notion of "deserve" is subjective. It does not necessarily imply that the more well-known characters are inherently more deserving. Pac-Man is an older character that represents the arcades, something that I am not well-versed in given my age (21). Cloud represents MY era of gaming. Pac-Man's reveal did not make me want to go and play Pac-Man's games in anticipation for the moment I would be able use him whereas Cloud has enabled me to experience one of gaming's greatest masterpieces that I had neglected. He did what third-party characters are intended to do. Pac-Man, he was a box that needed to be checked. Cloud, he was a pleasant surprise. Pac-Man is a character that by design was never intended to fight monsters, yet here he is... Fighting. So utterly warranted he is. Cloud, well, it is obvious that Cloud is the antithesis of the aforementioned design.

This is the Cloud thread and we are are almost obligated to circle-jerk Cloud into submission. But I truly believe that Cloud is more deserving of his place in Smash Brothers. He represents so much more, two companies coming together from a spiteful past. He changes the realm of speculation rather than adhering to the expected. Most of his in-game character is torn straight from the game that core players love and appreciate. Pac-Man did a lot for the industry, and he is the more notable character, but is he the better entry in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U? I would humbly argue that he is not. To me, as a fan of gaming, I appreciate Cloud more and I will play as Cloud more. Not because he is one of gaming's most prominent characters to ever grace our medium... Because he is a character that I, as a person who enjoys gaming, adore.

Cloud is a deep and complex character that I have come to respect. Pac-Man is a circular mass of pixels with little to no relevant personality. That is the difference to me.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think we should have shovel Knight and banjo
That does beg the question of whether or not the remaining DLC characters that are not veterans will be third-party characters (unless Snake > Wolf happens). They could be saving most Nintendo newcomers for the next title after all. I do not find it entirely likely, but I am open to the possibility. I suppose that to an extent it depends on if Cloud was the ballot winner. I have a heard a lot of people voicing differing opinions on the matter.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
That does beg the question of whether or not the remaining DLC characters that are not veterans will be third-party characters (unless Snake > Wolf happens). They could be saving most Nintendo newcomers for the next title after all. I do not find it entirely likely, but I am open to the possibility. I suppose that to an extent it depends on if Cloud was the ballot winner. I have a heard a lot of people voicing differing opinions on the matter.
I'm hugely skeptical that Cloud was the ballot winner. He and his stage look incredibly polished for only one month's worth of work.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I Doubt Wolf and I doubt Snake will return. I thought I heard something about him being in another fighting game. But if Mr.Strife can make it, then anything can happen.

Cloud was not the ballot winner. On the Nintendo minute, it was said that Sakurai had the idea of Cloud being in Smash since last E3 when FF VII was announced.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Cloud wasnt the ballot winner and people REALLY need to stop jumping the gun so quick (imo thats the single BIGGEST issue with the Sm4sh community but thats a topic for a later day). But anyways I imagine we'll get at the least 2 or 3 DLC characters. Who knows who we will be getting. After characters like Ryu and Cloud I honestly have no idea. I also think the smash direct will be early december, probably the first week. They're probably going to want money rolling in from the begginning of the holiday season to the end of it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm hugely skeptical that Cloud was the ballot winner. He and his stage look incredibly polished for only one month's worth of work.
To be fair, the ballot winner was more or less secured after about a month of voting; however, I agree with you. It is just that a lot of reaction videos and subsequent YouTube comments brought the prospect to my attention. Normally I would just assume that Cloud happened to be a character and not necessarily the winner of the ballot. Especially after the unceremonious reveal, it was literally at the end of the Direct with little build up in foresight. That being said, it is sort of my point that he is not the winner because I adamantly believe that the winner is a third-party character given the lackluster remainder of Nintendo characters not already in Smash.

I Doubt Wolf and I doubt Snake will return. I thought I heard something about him being in another fighting game. But if Mr.Strife can make it, then anything can happen.

Cloud was not the ballot winner. On the Nintendo minute, it was said that Sakurai had the idea of Cloud being in Smash since last E3 when FF VII was announced.
Thank you for that. I was not aware.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I do hope that Wolf will return, simply because of how much I enjoyed playing him in Brawl, particularly because I love Star Fox 64 but couldn't warm up to Fox's or Falco's playstyles.

But after Cloud's reveal I'm not sure what'll happen anymore.
We might get blindsided again and get Snake back (which I would still think is highly unlikely due to the whole Konami debacle). They might limit new releases to the first few top picks of the Ballot.

And yet again they might just throw in like 2 other characters with Cloud that had nothing to do with the vote and go on to do the top ballot winner of every region or something crazy as that.
No matter what will come in the Smash presentation, I'm fairly certain it'll be big. Ridley pun not intended.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So what you're telling me is that you DON'T want squirtle, ivysaur, and pichu back?:troll:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I do hope that Wolf will return, simply because of how much I enjoyed playing him in Brawl, particularly because I love Star Fox 64 but couldn't warm up to Fox's or Falco's playstyles.

But after Cloud's reveal I'm not sure what'll happen anymore.
We might get blindsided again and get Snake back (which I would still think is highly unlikely due to the whole Konami debacle). They might limit new releases to the first few top picks of the Ballot.

And yet again they might just throw in like 2 other characters with Cloud that had nothing to do with the vote and go on to do the top ballot winner of every region or something crazy as that.
No matter what will come in the Smash presentation, I'm fairly certain it'll be big. Ridley pun not intended.
Or how about they hit us from behind with a train and give us Sephie? I think at that point I'd break.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To me, the journey to the dark side will be complete once Simon Belmont is announced.
I mean, getting Snake would be nice I guess, although on a personal level, I never really cared about MGS.
But hey, if we got 2 reps from Capcom, we can get 2 from Konami.
(That, and we'd have: :4megaman::4sonic::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::snake::041: 7 - 3rd party characters. Which just screams website photo of them together with :4mario:)

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Master chief would bring together all the console rivalries. I would love to see it happen.

...although I still want crash bandicoot...

Edit: And use his moveset from warped. Completely eradicate all traces of the Radical Entertainment time period of crash...

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Or how about they hit us from behind with a train and give us Sephie? I think at that point I'd break.
Honestly if that happened I'd be more disappointed than anything.
As awesome it is that we get Cloud, I'd feel bad if VII of all games got two reps while there's plenty of great and amazing characters that could have unique gameplay opportunities from FF games that actually where on Nintendo consoles.

Last edited:
My favourite game of all time is Tales of Symphonia.
Yes Cardinal! Excellent choice.

I know its really early, but I feel like the Cloud boards should have an icon associated with them like how the Zelda boards got with:secretkpop:
I vote for the "This picture literally screams sarcasm and works with basically everything" or the woah wut Zack reaction icon

Hey gorl, how have you been? Haven't seen you drop by the Zelda Social recently, though it's nice to see you remember :secretkpop:
So I made that picture into an icon for you, but wan't sure how big to make it (I can make it bigger/smaller if you want) I also made it into an intensify gif

Anyway, hello everyone~
Gonna start frequenting this social as well. As an FF fan, it's nice to see Cloud in smash even though I haven't played FFVII.
Out of the ones I've played, FFIV DS would be my favourite. For spinoffs, I really enjoy Crystal Chronicles on the GC and Tactics Advance

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
pichu but no one gives a **** about that character lol.

I am surprised we didnt get sephty with cloud, it just seems like it would have been a really cool thing to have both of them in the game at once and it would have given smash a super iconic villain as well.

Honestly if that happened I'd be more disappointed than anything.
As awesome it is that we get Cloud, I'd feel bad if VII of all games got two reps while there's plenty of great and amazing characters that could have unique gameplay opportunities from FF games that actually where on Nintendo consoles.
sure but 7 has become the poster child of se at this point and they are nearing the end of compilation of ff7 as well as a lot of people who never played 7 know who sephy is due to kh and I know several people who thought he was from that game. Also I want sabin **** all others

Top Bottom