• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I wont lie my first actual RPG was the Harry Potter games on GBC, I still love them to death and die from nostalgia when I play them. I also have enjoyed every Final Fantasy Ive played so far. Im a dork, deal with it.

But in all honesty Crisis Core was my VERY FIRST FF game, so I have super love and nostalgia for it. Zack4life

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Have you ever played Earthbound? Thats a good one. Also, My favorite Final Fantasy (That isn't VII) is probably IX. I havent finished it yet, but I like the characters so far, and the art style of the whole game (I wish they would have done it a little more like that for their overworld sprites in VII) and the music.
:v Of course you would like 9! EVERYBODY DOES!

...doesn't anyone hate Zidane like I do?

And yes, I've played Earthbound and Mother 3. Mother 3 is another one of my personal faves.

Smooth Criminal

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
The first RPG i have ever beaten was FF1 on GBA which happened 2 years ago.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
:v Of course you would like 9! EVERYBODY DOES!

...doesn't anyone hate Zidane like I do?

And yes, I've played Earthbound and Mother 3. Mother 3 is another one of my personal faves.

Smooth Criminal
I actually think Zidane is one of the best things in IX, and due to the quality of the game that is not a statement I make lightly.

Back in the day he was also a desperately needed breath of fresh air. The main character hasn't been this upbeat since FFV, and many never got to play that at the time it came out.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You go on thinking that, Drakonis Drakonis . I'll be thinking of ways to sock him in the head.

:v

Jokes aside, it was never Zidane that kept me from finishing 9. No, despite my disdain for the plucky little ****, it was just lack of access to the game after a certain point in my life (I don't know what happened to my best friend's copy after he moved down the road; I was gonna borrow it again so I could finish it!). I'll probably appreciate Zidane a lot more whenever I get around to playing and finishing 9.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
You go on thinking that, Drakonis Drakonis . I'll be thinking of ways to sock him in the head.

:v

Jokes aside, it was never Zidane that kept me from finishing 9. No, despite my disdain for the plucky little ****, it was just lack of access to the game after a certain point in my life (I don't know what happened to my best friend's copy after he moved down the road; I was gonna borrow it again so I could finish it!).

Smooth Criminal
Hey, I won't argue with you if you didn't like him.
Different strokes for different folks and everything. I can easily see him coming off as annoying and obnoxious to some.

Sometimes I believe FFIX is cursed. Not only did my brother and I have to rebuy the game because the second disc stopped working due to scratches oddly fast, but we're not the only ones that had that happen.
And somehow I also just... lost interest in the game for no apparent reason halfway through and only replayed it like a year or so later.
I've heard similiar stories form other people, too.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You may be right about that curse. My best friend literally lost his copy in a move that was no more than half a mile away. It just...up and vanished! We don't think it fell into anybody else's hands, lol.

Gremlins, clearly.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Someone should make a fanart of several FF characters reacting to Cloud's inclusion in SSB4. WoL would probably be angry since he represents the first FF game and Squall be like "Whatever". XD

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Someone should make a fanart of several FF characters reacting to Cloud's inclusion in SSB4. WoL would probably be angry since he represents the first FF game and Squall be like "Whatever". XD
If not for Cloud, I think it would have been WoL in this game... if any FF character at all.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I have a particular piece of fan-art in mind, but it involves my favorite characters already in Smash Bros.

It's basically :4sonic::4megaman::4cloud: all having a snowboard race. I would love to sneak :4littlemac: somewhere, but I guess he could be waving the finish line flag, because he doesn't snowboard. (At least he's the only one out of these 4 who has never ridden a snowboard).

Then I'll be adding some other minor details here and there. :icsmelee:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
If not for Cloud, I think it would have been WoL in this game... if any FF character at all.
That's what I was thinking as well because of the Dissidia games. I wonder which FF characters aside from Tifa would be cheering on Cloud's inclusion. BTW, I love your avatar.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Favorites huh?

VII is also my favorite FF, followed by X, and is in my personal top 5 rpgs. My favorite game of all time is Tales of Symphonia and other games in my top 5 rpgs include Xenosaga III and Shadow Hearts 2.

Edit: Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal , I also don't care much for Zidane either. Actually, I can't remember much from IX at all despite beating it. It wasn't even because I thought it was bad. I just could not get into it for whatever reason.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I think IX benefited a lot from nostalgia. After two futuristic entries, the return of classic character designs and old school airships was a breath of fresh air to gamers of the time.
The story was pretty good too, and the music was great. Zidane was plucky and cheerful (and kind of pervy), another difference from VII and VIII's protagonists. The supporting cast was also very well written (well, except for Amarant.)
The gameplay was really refined, the graphics were only getting better, and aside from a very bizarre, came-out-of-nowhere finally boss, had very few flaws.
And who do we associate those happy recollections with? Zidane, the monkey boy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So today my boyfriend finally got around to downloading Final Fantasy VII and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the PS3... I just spent an hour playing FF7 and I think I like it so far.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why did Square Enix make Tidus so pretty!

Wished this was on PC, so I wouldn't have to buy a PS4 to play it. Heh, everyone in Dissidia so far either really pretty, cute, or beautiful. This includes the men and women of Dissidia. The only exceptions are like Jecht and Gabranth who are more manly... well, Jecht is; Gabranth can be considered handsome. I say this since who knows, maybe under Exdeath's helmet is the most beautiful tree man to ever grace man's gaze. Oh, and Gilgamesh who's pretty much the obligatory goofy-looking guy.

TL;DR: We need more MAN in Dissidia. So, Auron, Basch, Yang, Cid Highwind, Barret, and yes, even Fang who despite being a woman, is probably manlier than Snow in FFXIII. :p

Last edited:

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Or Cecil or Terra, since I, IV and VI were the first FF to come to the west (and more people familiar with them). but besides his popularity, Cloud also brings an unique mechanic with his limit bar that sets him appart from other fighters. Terra and Cecil would get an unique trait as well, but those involves transformation (Terra Esper form, and Cecil dark knight), and since sakurai removed transformations in this game, it would be bland to include them without their "thing".

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Why did Square Enix make Tidus so pretty!

Wished this was on PC, so I wouldn't have to buy a PS4 to play it. Heh, everyone in Dissidia so far either really pretty, cute, or beautiful. This includes the men and women of Dissidia. The only exceptions are like Jecht and Gabranth who are more manly... well, Jecht is; Gabranth can be considered handsome. I say this since who knows, maybe under Exdeath's helmet is the most beautiful tree man to ever grace man's gaze. Oh, and Gilgamesh who's pretty much the obligatory goofy-looking guy.

TL;DR: We need more MAN in Dissidia. So, Auron, Basch, Yang, Cid Highwind, Barret, and yes, even Fang who despite being a woman, is probably manlier than Snow in FFXIII. :p
Well, from what I heard Fang was actually supposed to be a male character until Numora made the switch very late in development. I won't complain about the results, as Fang was the only one I was interested to learn more about after playing FF XIII on my friend's PS3 (the first... 10 or 20 hours. Just shortly before entering Grand Pulse where the game supposedly gets actually good from what he told me).

Well, to be fair, thanks to Dissidia and her actually quite good design I also would like know more about Lightning other than that she's stern and wants to protect her sister. It's just sad that Dissidia was the game to make me think she was actually quite likeable.

But I digress. There's actually a pretty good chance the new Dissidia might make it to PC. Square Enix has discovered the wonders of Steam, and usually their ports are even quite good!
I wouldn't be surprised if Dissidia, FFXV and the FFVII remake all come to PC after their exclusivety deals run out.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Or Cecil or Terra, since I, IV and VI were the first FF to come to the west (and more people familiar with them). but besides his popularity, Cloud also brings an unique mechanic with his limit bar that sets him appart from other fighters. Terra and Cecil would get an unique trait as well, but those involves transformation (Terra Esper form, and Cecil dark knight), and since sakurai removed transformations in this game, it would be bland to include them without their "thing".
Terra could totally work as a spellsword-type character with more of an emphasis on spells. So, kind of like Robin, but faster and maybe more fragile; a glass cannon magic user which is what Black Mages are in Final Fantasy. Terra, isn't a Black Mage, though... So... Anyway, her Esper form could be made as a Final Smash. As lame as it would be, she is totally workable since we only have one sword and magic character, Robin, but I don't know how popular Terra is.

Cecil on the other hand could have worked if Dissidia didn't do the whole Paladin and Dark Knight switching. If they didn't do that, I think Cecil would be pretty bland in Dissidia and, hypothetically, in Smash. Dissidia's Paladin form being air-based could have made him into "Marthpuff" in Smash. Now, a transformation character? Much more interesting, but I don't know how well it would work out performance-wise since Square Enix managed it on the PSP which is either weaker or about the same as the 3DS in hardware, but Dissidia was a 1v1 game without wacky items.

As for Warrior of Light, my problem is that FFI made you make the characters themselves. You made the back story and the heroes and you connected with them as if they were your avatar(s). Unfortunately, unlike Link who had a set design, FFI had 5 jobs and none of them were the "main" hero since they were all the main heroes. Someone had to fill in for FFI in Dissidia and that's the Warrior of Light. Now, someone representing Final Fantasy in Smash? The other protagonists would mean more as they are established and recognizable characters. Hell, even Chocobo could be a good pick as Chocobo are kind of like mascots next to Moogles. Technically, Chocobo is in Smash and I'm not talking about the Mii costume. Ha, the developers killed 2 birds with 1 stone. :p

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
But I digress. There's actually a pretty good chance the new Dissidia might make it to PC. Square Enix has discovered the wonders of Steam, and usually their ports are even quite good!
I wouldn't be surprised if Dissidia, FFXV and the FFVII remake all come to PC after their exclusivety deals run out.
In that case, there should totally be a Steam group about that game.
I'd be really happy if it gets ported to Steam. I don't care if it's the type of game where I get 0-death'd as soon as the match begins, it still looks fun as heck, and I've missed out on the PSP games, so I really want to try them out.

///

Back in the Brawl days, I thought that a Slime riding a Chocobo would have been a pretty good representation of both Square and Enix. (Although to be fair, I said the same thing about Crono which was their pre-marriage love child, and I still stand by it), but I'm still surprised we got Cloud, to be honest. It's the next big WTF moment in gaming since Sonic and Mario shared the same game almost 10 years ago.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hmm, a playable Chocobo character would work surprisingly well with a Luigified Yoshi moveset. The flutter jump, machine gun kicks, even throwing eggs.
Anyone else agree that Cloud deserves a spot more than Pac-man?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
buzzer sounds

Nope. Pac-Man is the granddaddy of 'em all, the very architect of gaming culture itself. You ask a layman who Pac-Man is, including "core" or "non-core" gamers, chances are they're going to know. He's kind of a big deal.

Cloud, while bloody amazing, is kind of a niche celebrity in gaming. Your "core" gamers are gonna know about him, but beyond that, his prestige is kinda lost on the wider audience.

But of course, I'm not making the game. Whoever is more "important" or "entitled" falls on its creators.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
buzzer sounds

Nope. Pac-Man is the granddaddy of 'em all, the very architect of gaming culture itself. You ask a layman who Pac-Man is, including "core" or "non-core" gamers, chances are they're going to know. He's kind of a big deal.

Cloud, while bloody amazing, is kind of a niche celebrity in gaming. Your "core" gamers are gonna know about him, but beyond that, his prestige is kinda lost on the wider audience.

But of course, I'm not making the game. Whoever is more "important" or "entitled" falls on the creators of the game.

Smooth Criminal
Fair enough.
Barkeep! Another bourbon for my logical friend!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
buzzer sounds

But of course, I'm not making the game. Whoever is more "important" or "entitled" falls on its creators.

Smooth Criminal
But Pong, though. :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"Architect of gaming culture," you nincompoop. Not the freaking proto-bull****, lol

I mean, if we wanna get technical, we could always delve into the library of MUDs that made up the digital RPG medium back in the day!

Screw Cloud! We got plenty of reps there! Haha.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If you could have any summon then what would it be? Me? Bahamut Zero.
I mean, Odin's Zantetsuken one shots enemies...and Gungnir will f them up regardless....Plus six-legged horse...(Although Sleipnir is supposed to have eight legs in Norse folklore, but I guess I can't be stingy)

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I mean, Odin's Zantetsuken one shots enemies...and Gungnir will f them up regardless....Plus six-legged horse...(Although Sleipnir is supposed to have eight legs in Norse folklore, but I guess I can't be stingy)
Yeah, but can it be used to blow up Texas?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It would have been funny to have Knights of the Round as Cloud's final smash.
Each match would be an hour long if he did...activate final smash, go make dinner...eat it...clean dishes....walk the dog, come back your opponents are still getting wrecked...

So who do you think were going to get alongside Cloud?
Along with Cloud I feel like Wolf and Snake are strong possibilities...
Does this not seem like a solid DLC bundle?
:4cloud::wolf::snake:

After a long hiatus without much content outside of a few stages and a ****ton of Mii costumes...getting three characters at once seems very plausible...Given the circumstances which characters not only work well as pre-ballot DLC but will generate the most hype from fans? Wolf has been requested since Lucas was revealed back in the frikkin spring, and Snake is not only a well requested veteran but is also a gaming icon in his own right...Take away his vet status and we still have a huge reveal for Smash DLC (and along side Cloud and Ryu he doesn't seem quite as out of place or 'not nintendo enough')

Both Wolf and Snake being Brawl veterans would make them relatively easy to make along side Cloud being a newcomer, this matches up with Ryu being released along side Roy and Lucas...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Each match would be an hour long if he did...activate final smash, go make dinner...eat it...clean dishes....walk the dog, come back your opponents are still getting wrecked...

Along with Cloud I feel like Wolf and Snake are strong possibilities...
Does this not seem like a solid DLC bundle?
:4cloud::wolf::snake:

After a long hiatus without much content outside of a few stages and a ****ton of Mii costumes...getting three characters at once seems very plausible...Given the circumstances which characters not only work well as pre-ballot DLC but will generate the most hype from fans? Wolf has been requested since Lucas was revealed back in the frikkin spring, and Snake is not only a well requested veteran but is also a gaming icon in his own right...Take away his vet status and we still have a huge reveal for Smash DLC (and along side Cloud and Ryu he doesn't seem quite as out of place or 'not nintendo enough')

Both Wolf and Snake being Brawl veterans would make them relatively easy to make along side Cloud being a newcomer, this matches up with Ryu being released along side Roy and Lucas...
Honestly I don't think we're gonna get Wolf.

I feel like they'll reveal Snake and the ballot winner.

Top Bottom