• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I've been lurking on the boards with no responses, *sigh*, anywho Personally Im dying to finally get Cloud ugggghhhhh. Every other character in the game just doesnt feel as good anymore. Like I sit there with Roy, Link, etc and I think to myself "This could be Cloud right now. Why am I not playing Cloud....oh right....he's not out yet." Then I check everywhere hoping a release date has been confirmed or something.
Exactly. The wait for Cloud is killing almost all of my enjoyment for Smash right now :p

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I was beyond excited for Snake (Metal Gear is one of my favorite game franchises), but I don't believe I've been this excited for a Smash character.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Btw Crisis Core has my favorite version of Cloud. I kind of hope he gets an outfit representing Zack and the Shinra guard uniform

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I was beyond excited for Snake (Metal Gear is one of my favorite game franchises), but I don't believe I've been this excited for a Smash character.
Metal Gear is probably my favorite video game franchise ever. Loveitloveitloveit. I was SUPER stoked to see Snake in Brawl.

...but I was sad when I realized that he didn't mesh well with my style of play in that game, though. :c I had to settle for the slightly inferior but still ****ing amazing D3.

Smooth Criminal

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Metal Gear is probably my favorite video game franchise ever. Loveitloveitloveit. I was SUPER stoked to see Snake in Brawl.

...but I was sad when I realized that he didn't mesh well with my style of play in that game, though. :c I had to settle for the slightly inferior but still ****ing amazing D3.

Smooth Criminal
It's always sad when a character you like isn't your style. Mega Man is still not quite agreeing with me, though I do mostly play Robin.

I remember I had to get used to Snake at first, too, but it wasn't too long before he worked fine for me.
So fine in fact that he was one of my most played characters... together with Wolf, Pokémon Trainer and Ike.

Sadly, with the whole Konami thing going on I still have doubts he'll return, but hey. We got Cloud. Wouldn't have thought that would happen, either.
And I still have high hopes for Wolf. Pokémon Trainer wasn't that much of an loss considering I mostly played Charizard on him, anyways.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Aside from his recovery, I felt Snake was damn near perfect. That beautiful, mullet wearing son of a ***** was the reason I bought a Wii and got back into Smash Bros. Hell, I won a few local tournaments as Snake.

I sincerely miss his presence in Smash Wii U, but with the bad blood between Kojima and Konami, I seriously doubt he'll return. Hell, I doubt MGS as a franchise will continue, at least not anytime soon unless some studio throws metric ****tons of money at Konami for the rights.

Sigh...at least we have Cloud.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Aside from his recovery, I felt Snake was damn near perfect. That beautiful, mullet wearing son of a ***** was the reason I bought a Wii and got back into Smash Bros. Hell, I won a few local tournaments as Snake.

I sincerely miss his presence in Smash Wii U, but with the bad blood between Kojima and Konami, I seriously doubt he'll return. Hell, I doubt MGS as a franchise will continue, at least not anytime soon unless some studio throws metric ****tons of money at Konami for the rights.

Actually. couldn't Snake blow himself with C4 to make his recovery last longer or something?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Actually. couldn't Snake blow himself with C4 to make his recovery last longer or something?
Yeah similar to Link and Tink although it requires a bit more precise timing as he can't attach it to himself...

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Meanwhile, WindHero takes his shift tending the bar...

@Avokha00 Dragons in BD... Yeah, they're real pains. I found Dark Knights good among others, as well as ways to mitigate elements while using your own that the dragon is weak to. Reraise (can't remember if it is called that in Bravely Default...) is also useful, especially for the fights where the dragons use whole-party attacks. The biggest thing that helped me was equipping accessories to nullify whatever specific status effect the dragon inflicts. Put the Fire-Ice shield (if you have it) on your healer when fighting those two dragons, or the Dark Shield when fighting the dark dragon. If need be, put off fighting the dragons until after you enter the Pillar of Light... The dialogue is the same with Lord Derosso before and after.

Anyone else find it hilarious in the late chapters when Ominas "summons" the great "Bahamut"?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I wonder who I'd be? Given that I'm Senator Armstrong of the Snake group, does that make me President Shinra?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Smooth Criminal
Same with me and Pac-Man as time went on :urg:
Much too defensive for my taste unfortunately.
Found Valhalla in Diddy though.

I'm hoping that Cloud plays aggressively.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
If performed correctly -- yes, but it's a huge risk that takes a lot of precision, making it an unreliable recovery enhancement. Snake could stick C4 to opponents, but not to himself unless his opponent transferred it to him (its sticky properties are comparable to to Mega Man's side B). Needless to say, it's a lot of moving part to make it work.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I remember I had to get used to Snake at first, too, but it wasn't too long before he worked fine for me.
So fine in fact that he was one of my most played characters... together with Wolf, Pokémon Trainer and Ike.
I tried and tried and tried with Snake. His brand of item play and stage control didn't sit well with me. ;~;7 Props to those that did make the sonuvabitch work, though. He was probably the most fun character in Brawl to watch at high levels. Dunking people into an elaborate dthrow > landmine > C4 set up was ****ing glorious, hahaha. DACUS was awesome, too.

True and true, but I'm still fanning the flames of hope over here! As I stated earlier on in the thread, Snake still has a shot...providing Konami likes people AND money, not just money, of which the latter seems to be the case, unfortunately.

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

C4 was a risk, albeit a calculated one, in most cases. Snake's weight/Brawl's momentum canceling shenanigans helped him live a loooooong ass time through this brand of recovery, but he had to be wary of followups/interception, otherwise the absurdly high percentages would catch up to him. There's a lot of factors that play into this, as Hank said.

Same with me and Pac-Man as time went on :urg:
Much too defensive for my taste unfortunately.
Found Valhalla in Diddy though.

I'm hoping that Cloud plays aggressively.
I actually play counter-offensively in fighting games, most especially in Smash. D3 is a very footsie-heavy/trapping character with slight grappler elements sprinkled in, and also has this weird kind of vortex game, as well. So, I guess you could say I enjoy playing defensively? Just not in a hyper- kind of way.

I'm actually hoping Cloud is mobile, with above average ground speed.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I just hope, however the style, that Cloud can at least be viable. If I have to learn how to space better, or play more defensively, that's fine. I like him so much, I'll main him regardless. I just hope I'm not gimping myself outright doing so. I'd still like to win once in a while too, y'know?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal
I'm hoping for cloud to be mobile as well. A big part of my playstyle is swift and free movement.

I love a character that has a lot of room for flashy, creative setups/combos and I need to have depth. Linear game plans (ness...) bore me.
Cloud's Limit break special already looks promising in the depth department.

I also love projectile/item play, but rather than using projectiles to zone, I like to use them to extend combos or create innovative traps.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
C4 recovery with Snake was really easy. You can DI it in any direction wanted as for flew up.

The only thing you need to be careful about is fast falling after dropping C4. But that's not so bad either cause most of the time you're just gonna rapidly tap down b after up b anyways so no fast fall.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Nu~ Nu~

I like item play of that nature also, but I can't manage stuff like Pac's Bonus Fruit, Duck Hunt's cans, etc. It's weird, I know, 'cause D3's Gordos kind of foots the bill. You can create all sorts of almost ambiguous situations where you're pressing the opponent into a bad spot---as long as you set it up right, of course, because of how volatile Gordos are as projectiles (thank you Sakurai for the early Gordo nerf). Everything else, well, I guess if I could describe it, I can't hammer down the utility, if that makes sense. So I dunno. I like playing against that kind of wacky zoning you described, though. It's a lot of fun bobbing and weaving and trying to contest it.

Kuraudo Kuraudo

It was easy to pull off, sure. To pull off right, though, I only ever saw a handful of Snakes during the Brawl days use it efficiently. That's more what I was getting at.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I have a feeling that good spacing will be key with Cloud. I find that two factors determine the importance of spacing with any swordsman: sword length, and frame data. Melee Marth is an excellent example, Shulk in Sm4sh embodies the need to keep personal space. The endlag means you have to space well if you want to avoid getting punished in the neutral... Speaking of which, Shulk's endlag is something else that is SO ZETTA SLOW.

I wish FF Explorers and Bravely Second were out already.... And Cloud DLC....

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I just realized Cloud killed Isaacs chance of getting in smash. R.I.P Isaac

Last edited:

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal
I'll add my propane to the flames. It's clean burning and creates a nice flame. Maybe Konami will take notice? I so badly want for Snake to return to the roster, but Konami has damn near suffocated my hope with the direction they're taking the company. You would think money and REALLY good brand promotion would be enough, but I guess we'll see come December.

As for Cloud, I have a feeling he'll play like a mixture of Roy, Ike, and Shulk -- Roy's speed, Ike/Shulk's range and power, and Shulk's versatility. I hope that's how he'll play, but we'll see.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just realized Cloud killed Isaacs chance of getting in smash. R.I.P Isaac
I am honestly glad. Out of all blonde JRPG characters with swords and magic, Cloud is my favorite. That is probably saying something because how many blond JRPG characters with swords and magic are there? Probably hundreds.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I am honestly glad. Out of all blonde JRPG characters with swords and magic, Cloud is my favorite. That is probably saying something because how many blond JRPG characters with swords and magic are there? Probably hundreds.
Well, hello again old friend. It's been a while. How have you been?
But yeah, #Cloudhype

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Yeah, I guess your right. I voted for Cloud to get in. But I voted Isaac as well. So I guess Cloud locked Issac in his dresser.

Go home, Rebel, you're drunk.
Jus few...*burb*..moe bottas will do...*collapse's*

But I'm serious.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, hello again old friend. It's been a while. How have you been?
But yeah, #Cloudhype
I have been quite well, thank you very much for asking.

#Cloudhype is real. I was getting to that point where Smash was no longer pertaining to my interests, but Cloud has reinvigorated that enthusiasm. Day one (433 assuming we get him in precisely one month) main.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The way I see it, Cloud shouldn't interfere with Isaac's potential inclusion. Although both fulfil the 'Blonde-haired anime sword wielder' criteria, the way in which they fight are completely different. From what we know, Cloud is extremely reliant on his Buster Sword, whereas Isaac has no true reason to use his sword when he can use such versatile Venus Psynergy instead, which uses the power of the earth in form of earthquakes, vines and even energy swords!

But to see both of them go toe-to-toe... That will be awesome. So, upon purchasing Cloud, who do you intend to fight first when you finally get him?

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
The way I see it, Cloud shouldn't interfere with Isaac's potential inclusion. Although both fulfil the 'Blonde-haired anime sword wielder' criteria, the way in which they fight are completely different. From what we know, Cloud is extremely reliant on his Buster Sword, whereas Isaac has no true reason to use his sword when he can use such versatile Venus Psynergy instead, which uses the power of the earth in form of earthquakes, vines and even energy swords!

But to see both of them go toe-to-toe... That will be awesome. So, upon purchasing Cloud, who do you intend to fight first when you finally get him?
All my hard match ups.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Link, of course.

Morbi

Scavenger

I doubt Cloud truly interferes with Isaac's potential inclusion, I was just being facetious. Every single character, in my opinion, has something great to offer and it is about HOW you implement them. Not what tools they have. Regardless, the first character I intend to fight when I download Cloud is a Mii Fighter. I am convinced we will get a Tifa Brawler and Barret Gunner costume.

As for the Sword Fighter, part of me wants to say Sephiroth or Aerith, but they would have made a lot of sense in the trailer. They used Ike and Zelda instead. So maybe Zack? I have no idea.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
My dad got a PS4 on Wednesday and he is planning to get the Final Fantasy VII remake.

MY BODY IS READY.
giphy (3).gif

Morbi Morbi Hi! We have not talked in a while since the Smash 4 Social Thread! How are you?

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
BlueX BlueX
That reminded me of that other fighting game Cloud was in.

That was.. weird. You could play as Seph and Tifa and Zack, too, IIRC.
Ah, found a video of it:

You all remember this game, don't you?
What an odd little title. Cloud could switch between using a sword or going hand-to-hand, and he had a Limit Break that'd power him up.

I might be the only one who remembers being a retro PS/game junkie and all, though I assume there are a lot of people who played FF7 when it originally came out on here? So maybe. lol

If I can't find some older gamers like me on the Cloud forum, where else would you find them, you know?? xD!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
BlueX BlueX
That reminded me of that other fighting game Cloud was in.

That was.. weird. You could play as Seph and Tifa and Zack, too, IIRC.
Ah, found a video of it:

You all remember this game, don't you?
What an odd little title. Cloud could switch between using a sword or going hand-to-hand, and he had a Limit Break that'd power him up.

I might be the only one who remembers being a retro PS/game junkie and all, though I assume there are a lot of people who played FF7 when it originally came out on here? So maybe. lol

If I can't find some older gamers like me on the Cloud forum, where else would you find them, you know?? xD!
I have heard of this game but i never played it before. It is interesting to see Cloud in a another fighting game that was made by Square before being announced for Smash 4 DLC.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Yeah, I guess your right. I voted for Cloud to get in. But I voted Isaac as well. So I guess Cloud locked Issac in his dresser.

Jus few...*burb*..moe bottas will do...*collapse's*

But I'm serious.
*sigh* Guess I will be be your designated driver and get you home. You owe me one. I can and will be holding this against you in the future.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Just got back from the old game store near my house. I got a copy of Final Fantasy VIII, never played it and I dont hear much about it but I need something to hold me over till Cloud's released

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Just got back from the old game store near my house. I got a copy of Final Fantasy VIII, never played it and I dont hear much about it but I need something to hold me over till Cloud's released
I have played some of VIII and it is good. I have not finished the game yet but i will once i have beaten Ridge Racer.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
The villain and the side characters are pretty cool in that game.

The romance in it is nice as well.

Combat isn't changed much from 7, and 9 didn't change it much either, lol.

Have fun.

Top Bottom