• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Wondering why I didn't come here in the same day he was announced already....
Hi. I want to play the hell out of Cloud but I won't be able to buy him. Smashboards giveaways hype.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Hi. I want to play the hell out of Cloud but I won't be able to buy him. Smashboards giveaways hype.
Hi. Welcome to the Cloud Social thread!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Better later than never ;)

Hi. I want to play the hell out of Cloud...
Who doesn't?

...but I won't be able to buy him. Smashboards giveaways hype.
Not being able to but awesome stuff is a sad thing. Stay strong and hope for the best!

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
What's good guys, future Cloud user over here. Easily the most hype of all characters imo. ;)

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Those Who Fight
Those Who Fight Further
One Winged Angel
JENOVA
Bombing Mission
Maybe a medley including the G Bike theme
Several remixes from VII.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Here's that analysis I was talking about.

I think it was already talked about, but it's still very impressive frame data.

Sure, it's an estimaition based on a 30fps trailer, but that basically gives everything an error margin of 1 frame.

He reminds me of Bowser in a way; quick startup on most moves, but tons of lags afterwards.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I can bet that some of these people complaining about Cloud not being a Nintendo character are people that want Snake back.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
after looking at the new dissidia cloud trailer i just noticed again that his hair looks a bit strange in smash4, im not sure if its just the lower texture resolution or the model itself, but somethings seems off - for me at least

also in comparison roys texture "style" looks closer to the new dissidia style - well could still be in work so no high res hair yet, but i still like his ac hair ^^

I like how each one is accomodated to resemble the original designs, The Purple skin one pretty much looks almost exactly like Nomura's design in volume and Spikyness (The Dissidia one has a bit more curvature to look more like actual hair I guess while the classic FF7 smash one seems more straight and polygonal.)

Also... Does Cloud look more... manly in smash? Is the same as how Shulk in smash looks considerably less anime'ish(smaller eyes and slightly more subsued hair) than in his original game... I unno, doesn't bother me at all but I find it quite strange! Since Cloud seemed to get more and more androgynous with each iteration but the purple smash one here has Legit sharper look and even a wider nose...?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I like how each one is accomodated to resemble the original designs, The Purple skin one pretty much looks almost exactly like Nomura's design in volume and Spikyness (The Dissidia one has a bit more curvature to look more like actual hair I guess while the classic FF7 smash one seems more straight and polygonal.)

Also... Does Cloud look more... manly in smash? Is the same as how Shulk in smash looks considerably less anime'ish(smaller eyes and slightly more subsued hair) than in his original game... I unno, doesn't bother me at all but I find it quite strange! Since Cloud seemed to get more and more androgynous with each iteration but the purple smash one here has Legit sharper look and even a wider nose...?
I'm glad to see it, actually. It will make it easier to cosplay as him.
Although, I don't think Cloud's ever been 6'6"...

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
- Never played a Final Fantasy game (aside from the few hours my roommate tried really hard to get me play VI, bless his heart)

- Never really bought into the hype that surrounded Cloud and FFVII in the past (I actually remember being rather annoyed by it).

- Was kind of baffled by the announcement to include Cloud in Smash.

And yet despite all that, I actually anticipate having a really strong Cloud in my repertoire when he's released.

I say that because thus far, I've really enjoyed using all of the Fire Emblem swordsmen as well as Shulk, despite having never played any their home-games before using them and really getting into them in smash. Also, from what Cloud seems to be capable of in the brief trailer we have, he seems to have a lot going for him that I like to do. There's high(ish) mobility, a sword for disjoint hitboxes, heavy-hitting power, a projectile to use, and the limit break mechanic is definitely intriguing.

So here's to (very likely) beating the ever-loving snot out of my opponents with cloud's absurd refrigerator-door-on-a-stick sword and hair that poke out an eye!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It is still so surreal that Cloud is in Smash!!!!

Now I can play as my two favourite swordsmen in the same game! 'Too many anime sword users' be damned!!!

Haters gonna hate, Potaters gonna potate!!!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Anyone know if SomecallmeJohnny's FFVII stream is good? I guess it's a taste of things to come and Johnny makes every game enjoyable regardless
I watched some parts of the stream and it is very fun to watch.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want Snake back but I doubt he will be back simply because of the current state/mindset of Konami. Also the lack of Kojima, since Kojima was the reason he got into Brawl.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Anyone know if SomecallmeJohnny's FFVII stream is good? I guess it's a taste of things to come and Johnny makes every game enjoyable regardless
I watched the whole thing, at parts even live.
I thought it was a blast.

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Here's another Cloud vid for you lovely folk. An analysis I made looking at some of the details we may have missed even with the previous analyses. Enjoy

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Here's another Cloud vid for you lovely folk. An analysis I made looking at some of the details we may have missed even with the previous analyses. Enjoy

This is very impressive stuff. Like the way you caught Cloud glowing before the wipe.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Really nice analysis.
That was a really smooth remix of Judgement Day at the end :D

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Who is excited for FF7 remake?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not so much excited as much as I am intrigued. I wonder if the changes will make me more interested in the game, since even with Cloud's Smash reveal, I'm not too compelled to play FFVII.

The reveal at E3 was hype though in a similar way to Cloud's Smash reveal, in that I simply appreciated the gravity (:rosalina:) and importance of the announcement.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I've never played Final Fantasy VII. So to see cloud in smash got me interested in the FF series. But, I don't have enough money to buy a PS4 or a Xbox one. So I may just by the game off steam.

Same thing happened with Shulk. I heard Shulk was on Smash, and I heard they would remake it for the Nintendo 3DS. But the wii version was cheaper, so I bought that one in stead.

but I look forward to seeing the new looks and cutscenes will look like.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I was actually so hyped about Cloud's reveal in Smash that when a couple of my friends (@AEM and TheFirstPoppyBro TheFirstPoppyBro specifically) mentioned they never played FF7, I gifted it to them on Steam as soon as I could, lol.

Smooth Criminal
As one of the people tagged in this post, I can confirm. He did indeed. And now I'm half-expecting a Barret costume for Gunner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom