• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
When Cloud rolled behind Mac in the trailer, people found out it's faster than Sheik's
It isn't. I counted it frame by frame. His spotdodge and roll are the same speed as Marth's (27 frame spotdodge, 31 frame roll) i.e. they're fairly average.

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
You mean looking at that sword wielder who is a first party Nintendo character and was the main protagonist of what many would argue to be one of the best JRPGs of the previous gaming generation? How preposterous that Sakurai would add him in and give him one of the most unique and interesting gimmicks in the series!
i'm saying that putting Shulk in the game was like the equivalence to putting Marth and Roy in Melee I remember like no one knew who he was. btw I'm a big fan of your Shulk :) lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i'm saying that putting Shulk in the game was like the equivalence to putting Marth and Roy in Melee I remember like no one knew who he was. btw I'm a big fan of your Shulk :) lol
Actually, both Marth and Shulk were highly requested characters in Japan, not to mention there were about 4 things I noticed that boosted Xenoblade's popularity. Project Rainfall, A youtber called Quarter Guy constantly fanboying about Xenoblade, the Gematsu leak and Chuggaaconroy

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
Actually, both Marth and Shulk were highly requested characters in Japan, not to mention there were about 4 things I noticed that boosted Xenoblade's popularity. Project Rainfall, A youtber called Quarter Guy constantly fanboying about Xenoblade, the Gematsu leak and Chuggaaconroy
But that's what I mean for us american's most of us didn't know who he was then we got him and are just like he's sooooo cool as where at least we know who Cloud is prior get what i'm saying?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But that's what I mean for us american's most of us didn't know who he was then we got him and are just like he's sooooo cool as where at least we know who Cloud is prior get what i'm saying?
First of all, you aren't Yahtzee Croshaw, so have some punctuation, I can barely understand this. However, Project Rainfall was a petition to bring Xenoblade to the US, pretty big thing

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
What America knows=/=What everyone knows

Odd premise I know, but just because you didn't know about someone before Smash Bros doesn't mean they weren't a big deal elsewhere.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
after looking at the new dissidia cloud trailer i just noticed again that his hair looks a bit strange in smash4, im not sure if its just the lower texture resolution or the model itself, but somethings seems off - for me at least

also in comparison roys texture "style" looks closer to the new dissidia style - well could still be in work so no high res hair yet, but i still like his ac hair ^^

I think Cloud's default hair is a little bit simpler, perhaps just to look more like the original artwork of him (which would also explain why he has the simpler Buster Sword.)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
It isn't. I counted it frame by frame. His spotdodge and roll are the same speed as Marth's (27 frame spotdodge, 31 frame roll) i.e. they're fairly average.
Still, like all details taken from moves in the trailer, there is a good chance some number crunching and balancing might still occur before Cloud is released, so I'd take all this analysis with a grain of salt until he hits digital shelves.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Nah, you didn't offend anyone, you were merely misinformed

Is it bad that the hypest thing for Cloud's reveal to me was the Geno fans getting nothing?
That's a bit spiteful, imo. You shouldn't be vindictive against a group of people just because they wanted a specific character.

Except the Ridley community. Seriously, Heck with those guys.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My problem with this roster's sword users, is how I didn't care about any of them.
Never really cared about FE.
Maybe Link, just a bit, but I'm just a casual LoZ fan.
Definitely Pit, if he counts, but I consider him a bow user.

But #$%&ing CLOUD!!! Now THAT is a sword wielder I'd gladly main! :D
Other sword users I would have definitely used would've been Crono, Takamaru, and a Golden Sun main character.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Still, like all details taken from moves in the trailer, there is a good chance some number crunching and balancing might still occur before Cloud is released, so I'd take all this analysis with a grain of salt until he hits digital shelves.
I'm sorry sir, but this is an internet forum. You'll need to take your fair and balanced reasoning elsewhere.

StormC

Smash Hero
after looking at the new dissidia cloud trailer i just noticed again that his hair looks a bit strange in smash4, im not sure if its just the lower texture resolution or the model itself, but somethings seems off - for me at least

also in comparison roys texture "style" looks closer to the new dissidia style - well could still be in work so no high res hair yet, but i still like his ac hair ^^

Cloud's hair texture actually seems higher quality on his Advent Children alt. Did any other characters look different in their trailer compared to the final product? I just hope this doesn't mean we won't get Cloud until 2016.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'm sorry sir, but this is an internet forum. You'll need to take your fair and balanced reasoning elsewhere.
Good point. I guess I'll just take this train and leave. I hear it's not stopping till the end of the line.

Oh. Guess I'm staying after all.

EDIT:
Cloud's hair texture actually seems higher quality on his Advent Children alt. Did any other characters look different in their trailer compared to the final product? I just hope this doesn't mean we won't get Cloud until 2016.
I feel like Robin got some quality time ever since their trailer released, but I couldn't point out anything in particular other than that it also was their face and hair that looked off.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah I'm not buying into any of the "frame data" stuff right now. I want hard proof before boldly proclaiming anything about a character. Still though, it is interesting to speculate so long as people are sensible about it.

As for the talk of Shulk, I still think, at least for the Western side of things, Sakurai and Co. included him partially as a nod to Project Rainfall as a whole.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Yeah I'm not buying into any of the "frame data" stuff right now. I want hard proof before boldly proclaiming anything about a character. Still though, it is interesting to speculate so long as people are sensible about it.

As for the talk of Shulk, I still think, at least for the Western side of things, Sakurai and Co. included him partially as a nod to Project Rainfall as a whole.

Smooth Criminal
Not to mention the trailer build shown may not have been final. Everything we know could end up being useless by then

Though I hope we can keep the B's building limit charge and the possible instant act out of his dash people are a buzz about.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My theory on the whole "jab out of dash" thing is that, when the player stops Cloud's dash, there'd be some lag, just like any other character.

Only difference with him would be that he wouldn't change animations until the last few frames of said lag, giving the illusion of a jab out of dash.

But hey! It's just a theory ^_^

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Good point. I guess I'll just take this train and leave. I hear it's not stopping till the end of the line.

Oh. Guess I'm staying after all.

EDIT:

I feel like Robin got some quality time ever since their trailer released, but I couldn't point out anything in particular other than that it also was their face and hair that looked off.
If ever a reason to add a character for a stupid amazing reason, it's for Sabin to have that as his Final Smash.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I'm under the assumption it was a bug and the developers are still smoothing out Cloud's build.

Neo Zero

I'm under the assumption it was a bug and the developers are still smoothing out Cloud's build.
Tbh, I have a hunch that Cloud is finished (minus possible balance tweaks). I imagine he's being held off in hopes of the team finishing at least 1, if not 2 characters to release the same day of. I imagine we'll see 2 for sure, the dev time table for the 3rd might be to far back to make that feasible though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The third character's gotta be the ballot winner. I can see the second one being completed in or around Cloud's release date.

This Smash Direct needs to come sooner.

Smooth Criminal

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Cloud is pretty much done by this point aside from maybe a few balance tweaks.

They probably have his trophies, 3DS model, costumes, stages and music all composed around October.

Cloud is all finished by this point and there's no reason to seem like he's still unfinished. It's probably the other DLC fighters that's holding him back. We've probably would have gotten him either now or by Thanksgiving

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
What makes you think that there's only one ballot winner?
idk, just a hunch. Never got a sense of plurality out of the original announcement for the whole thing.

But I'd rather not argue semantics/gut feelings. Let's just say I'll be pleasantly surprised if there's more than one ballot winner.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Cloud is pretty much done by this point aside from maybe a few balance tweaks.

They probably have his trophies, 3DS model, costumes, stages and music all composed around October.
Not to mention a few trophies of other FF7 characters, which is pretty much a given, considering Ryu came with a Ken trophy.

Cloud is all finished by this point and there's no reason to seem like he's still unfinished. It's probably the other DLC fighters that's holding him back. We've probably would have gotten him either now or by Thanksgiving
We could've gotten him last month? :surprised:
For those who don't get the joke, I'm Canadian.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
not very worry about the tier he getting into. just looking to main him in general.
Some competitive players that I happen to play against on Tuesdays keep saying there no way he's top tier, nor below mid tier.

Considering how close the tiers are in Smash 4, that means he should be pretty viable.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

There won't be a ballot winner I'm sure. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Ballot characters aren't even in the Top 5 suggested choices. It's a suggestion box, nothing more.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There won't be a ballot winner I'm sure. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Ballot characters aren't even in the Top 5 suggested choices. It's a suggestion box, nothing more.
Yeah, but the one Sakurai will choose will technically be the winner, since Sakurai chose that one character among the countless other suggestions.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I honestly can't predict who could be next; it's anyone's game at this point since Cloud's inclusion and I wouldn't be surprised if the "speculations" became strifes.

Daisy101

Smash Journeyman
Anyone actually have a Wishlist of Soundtracks on Midgar stage? I could love some from Advent children, Divine 2 or chase of highway one.

Edited.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Anyone actually have a Wishlist of Soundtracks on Midgar stage?
Let the Battles Begin!
Fight On!
Some songs associated with the Shinra Electric Power Company, if not all of them
Themes of party members
A medley of FF7
(pipe dream) One-Winged Angel

Last edited:
Top Bottom