• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
For the full VII experience,

Crisis Core -> Final Fantasy VII -> Advent Children Complete

And Dirge of Cerberus if you want but it's not crucial. But yeah. Those three together feel like a trilogy.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, I am, or was (and am again) a fan of FF. I've played FF from I~X-2 (only skipping III which was inaccessible until the DS, unless it was emulated from the NES). But I'd love to play the FFVII prequel and sequel, as well as Dissidia. I was never a big fan of either the PSP or the Vita, so I can't play the exclusives.

VII was the one that got me into the series, really. I couldn't quite digest VI and below at first due to the lack of animation, but I got over it. :D I still find VI and VII to be tied in #1 for me.
Well you can wait for the eventual PS4 Dissidia coming out next year. Trust me those games are fun and I wish the first two games had console ports

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nah. They don't whine about Sonic because he's OP.

They whine about Sonic because he's...well, Sonic.
But I main Rosalina first, Sonic second, in this game.

That's double the trouble. :V

But I'm half joking. Yes, the Smash community often turns me off competitive play but I do intend to play a tournament at least once in my life.

Finance and location and are the main barriers right now though. :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Kuraudo Kuraudo

I have to disagree. I question the integrity and goodness of everyone that plays Sonic.

It could be a front. A dastardly deceptive one...

Also, you were the first ****ing person I thought of after Cloud was revealed, lol.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
For the full VII experience,

Crisis Core -> Final Fantasy VII -> Advent Children Complete

And Dirge of Cerberus if you want but it's not crucial. But yeah. Those three together feel like a trilogy.
You can leave out Crisis Core as well since it's pretty much Corridors and Corners the game. And Genesis is dumb and should remain exactly as the play he is obsessed with. Loveless.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can leave out Crisis Core as well since it's pretty much Corridors and Corners the game. And Genesis is dumb and should remain exactly as the play he is obsessed with. Loveless.
.....Most FF games are just corridors and corners.

Quite literally in the NES and SNES ones since you only had 4-8 way movement anyway.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
When I heard the first few notes I immediately recognized it and thought: "Wait... FFVII? But there wasn't the Smash trailer opening? So is the 7 Remake coming to NX? Cool." And then the Smash Bros logo popped up and I actually cheered out loud. I really couldn't believe it for the first few seconds and went on just silently staring, mouth agape.
Only trailer that had a similiar effect on me was the Robin trailer. And while that one was technicly better with how it's paced, with the long animated scenes and it has the whole small storyline going on, Clouds just blindsided me so much that it blew me out of the water even more.
Same here. So glad someone else recognized the music. By the time Cloud actually appeared onscreen, the tears were already starting.
The rest of the time, I just kept screaming, "What? WHAT?!"
Me three! I knew as soon as I heard that iconic opening music, and I was reminded of Aerith!
My lil bro was peeved, cuz he was waiting for Star Wolf and thought they were trying to deceive him when they showed the stars at first! xD xD
and maybey they were... sakurai is master troll after all~ xD xD

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, I am, or was (and am again) a fan of FF. I've played FF from I~X-2 (only skipping III which was inaccessible until the DS, unless it was emulated from the NES). But I'd love to play the FFVII prequel and sequel, as well as Dissidia. I was never a big fan of either the PSP or the Vita, so I can't play the exclusives.

VII was the one that got me into the series, really. I couldn't quite digest VI and below at first due to the lack of animation, but I got over it. :D I still find VI and VII to be tied in #1 for me.
I can't really recommend Dirge of Cerberus. From a Let's Play I watched I could tell that the gameplay is pretty average and the story has some really BS moments, particularly towards the end.

Crisis Core I can whole-heartedly recommend. Fun gameplay, great characters (particularly Zack) and an interesting plot A with a confusing and kind of unnecessary plot B.
And while the main story isn't all that long for a JRPG, if you try to do all the side missions you're in for a meaty adventure.

Me three! I knew as soon as I heard that iconic opening music, and I was reminded of Aerith!
My lil bro was peeved, cuz he was waiting for Star Wolf and thought they were trying to deceive him when they showed the stars at first! xD xD
Well, the stars are in the opening of FFVII, too. But I heard thinking of Wolf was actually quite common with people who didn't recognize the music.

ThatOnePeachMain

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicNerdFighter
I think just to celebrate Cloud's release I'm gonna watch Advent Children for the 100th time and play through FF7 again.
I'm gonna play the iOS version for my celebratory playthrough of FFVII so it doesn't take me a long time. And I'll probably watch Advent Children again too.

ThatOnePeachMain

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicNerdFighter
Omg, When I saw the stars and heard the music, I totally thought that Final Fantasy VII was going to be ported to Wii U or maybe even have the Wii U get the HD remake of it. Then when I saw the Smash bros logo, I started yelling, stuff like: "Oh My God!" and "No way!". It was a good day.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Well, the stars are in the opening of FFVII, too. But I heard thinking of Wolf was actually quite common with people who didn't recognize the music.
I gotta get my brother to play FF7; then he would have known! I know he'll love it cuz he beat FFX and liked that~

Omg, When I saw the stars and heard the music, I totally thought that Final Fantasy VII was going to be ported to Wii U or maybe even have the Wii U get the HD remake of it. Then when I saw the Smash bros logo, I started yelling, stuff like: "Oh My God!" and "No way!". It was a good day.
I havent been this excited about a newcomer since Megaman! .^ ^.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
The fact that his icon has to be further zoomed out just to capture his hair is the best thing ever. :4cloud:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Yo...

I must say, Cloud's reveal has had me more hyped than any of the previous DLC announcements, and I haven't even played FFVII. I did play VI though, and I do recognize a few of the themes in the video. :)

The fact that we're getting another character with a long sword is great, I'm a Shulk main, so I love me some abuse-able range. Odds are, I'm picking him up shortly after release, and gonna test him out to see if I like his playstyle. Looks like Limit Break is gonna take some strategy to use... Welp, Shulk and Robin are pretty strategic though, eh? Friends are already just done with Shulk, maybe I can make them hate Cloud too within a month of release... jk.

Anyone else find it amusing that the Cloud icon for mains is invisible?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Anyone else find it amusing that the Cloud icon for mains is invisible?
It's actually not. I believe this is a browser cache issue or something of the sorts. It happens to some people when Smashboards updates with new icons. You'd have to manually delete it so it can update.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
It's actually not. I believe this is a browser cache issue or something of the sorts. It happens to some people when Smashboards updates with new icons. You'd have to manually delete it so it can update.
Ah, I see. Will do.

As it stands, Shulk and Robin are my best, but it's been a pain to find a good third character to main/secondary. Especially trying to find one who covers Diddy, Yoshi, and Ness well... Here's hoping Cloud can spike them off the stage like no other. As long as he has better range than Ike and better frame data than Shulk, I'll probably be happy.

...inb4 all his attacks are merely 1 frame better than Shulk's... -_-

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Outside of Cloud, what other party member in FFVII do you guys like? I've yet to play the game, but I'm quite fond of Yuffie
From a character standpoint I like all of them. Each has memorable moments attached to them.
Though Cait Sith is just plain the worst gameplay wise.
If I had to pick three as a party, I'd probably say Cloud, Tifa and Cid. But it's really not an easy choice.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal

Rats. You're onto me.

--

Yeah dude, when Cloud got announced? I was working at the time and got to watch MOST of the direct, but missed the end with Cloud. So everyone was SPAMMING me like crazy. I got 18 notifications targeted directly at me on Facebook, text messages that I ignored, and one of my friends @2ManyCooks ended up having to call my manager line at work just to get a hold of me just to tell me he'll link me the direct video, not to check social media, and to record my live reaction.

Needless to say... Ahah. It was impromptu by my friend so there's no video of the trailer with it. But. :p

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My favorite VII party members outside of Cloud are Tifa and Red XIII. Though it's a really tough call. I love everyone. Cait Sith being last, but that's cause if I had to rank 'em.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Vincent, Tifa and Cait Sith

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This could just be a flashy screenshot, but do you think it's possible grabbing Materia initiates a summon and the person who grabbed it remains invulnerable to it's effects?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal

Rats. You're onto me.

--

Yeah dude, when Cloud got announced? I was working at the time and got to watch MOST of the direct, but missed the end with Cloud. So everyone was SPAMMING me like crazy. I got 18 notifications targeted directly at me on Facebook, text messages that I ignored, and one of my friends @2ManyCooks ended up having to call my manager line at work just to get a hold of me just to tell me he'll link me the direct video, not to check social media, and to record my live reaction.

Needless to say... Ahah. It was impromptu by my friend so there's no video of the trailer with it. But. :p
Yo lol this reminds me so much of my friend. I was in a Skype call with 2 buds when this happened (we saw it live) and FF7 is just a game he ADORES, right? He wasn't as vocal as you, he just couldn't talk outside of "Oh my god" and "I'm not maining Ike anymore!" it was so amazing. He sounded like he was gonna burst into tears and laughter, it was so great.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

This could just be a flashy screenshot, but do you think it's possible grabbing Materia initiates a summon and the person who grabbed it remains invulnerable to it's effects?
I think it's pretty clear that's the case. In the trailer, whenever one of the summons is active, one of the fighters is blanketed in a red aura.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The NES and SNES games were actually good though.

CC FFVII was pretty meh.
Hey, I LIKED Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus. The gameplay, music, and additions to the lore all made them worthwhile to me. I'd love an HD console port of them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The NES and SNES games were actually good though.

CC FFVII was pretty meh.
I thought CC was really good. The battle system was fun and the story was honestly more engaging than FFVII to me. And I honestly just think Zack is a much better protagonist than Cloud was.

I think he means they have open worlds that you can explore.
No FF game besides 11, 12, the second half of 13, and 14, is open world (well out of the main series anyway - Lightning Returns was open world though and had the largest FF world to date outside of 11 and 14). They're all linear, they just let you go back to areas you've already visited and you might find new things (though not all of the time, as you are frequently sawtoothed). That's no different though than, say, Sonic Colours, where you can revisit older levels after unlocking Wisp Powers to find new areas in the levels.

Not that this is a point against them, since they've always been like this and play just fine.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If i want to play FF7 i start with CC right??
If you want to go chronologically, yes.

You don't have to in order to enjoy FFVII, but you might enjoy Crisis Core even more if you play it first, and VII kinda spoils the ending of the game.

Top Bottom