• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

78% Smash kill with Samus...? Im confused... (Video)

Ravin

Smash Lord
I was Samus at the time. I lost once, and then we went to my stage, Battlefield. I won that round, but then we went to Final Destination. It was ridiculous that my friend used the Sword Spin and I was hit by the tip of it, which resulted in my loss. I was angry. I said to my brother, "I'm the winner of that match. It's ridiculous that I would lose like that." Really, it was. We were both on our last stock at high percent. Still, I can look back when my friend told my brother through Mibbit, "I'm bringing out my secret weapon," so I decided that I'd play as Donkey Kong and I whooped Link.

I don't like online matches, though. I couldn't perform my z-air as effectively as I would have if it were offline. What made me angry was the fact that he was trying to use my methods against me. Believe it or not, he was trying to z-air me with Link. I hate it when people use my techniques instead of learning on their own. I laughed though, when he tried to use z-air on me with Link, and it missed due to the short length, but then I z-aired from the same spot and hit him.
Owned, reminded me of this Diddy who kept trying to go for nanners and only met Zair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gym1CdyG0-Y

And I love BF for Samus, its like her playground along with D plaza. I play dirty on D plaza. xD People ban it when we play. "What stage are you banning?" "**** your D plaza." "D:< "

Thats how my tounries go now. xD

Samus Zair > Anything.

Samus Gspot = Roflpwned.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Owned, reminded me of this Diddy who kept trying to go for nanners and only met Zair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gym1CdyG0-Y

And I love BF for Samus, its like her playground along with D plaza. I play dirty on D plaza. xD People ban it when we play. "What stage are you banning?" "**** your D plaza." "D:< "

Thats how my tounries go now. xD

Samus Zair > Anything.

Samus Gspot = Roflpwned.
I used to play only on Final Destination, but when I came across Tudor, I watched his videos and saw that he brawled on Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Final Destination, Smashville and Lylat Cruise. This was during Reno Smash. (Tudor goes under that account at YouTube as well as VegasSmash.) So, I began to like those stages as well, but I agree with you, Battlefield + Samus = Ownage.

Ravin

Smash Lord
I used to play only on Final Destination, but when I came across Tudor, I watched his videos and saw that he brawled on Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Final Destination, Smashville and Lylat Cruise. This was during Reno Smash. (Tudor goes under that account at YouTube as well as VegasSmash.) So, I began to like those stages as well, but I agree with you, Battlefield + Samus = Ownage.
I cant handle Yoshi, it kills my edgegame because of those hills. So i stick with BF, Smash, and Dplaza. Maybe Pokemon 1 or Rainbow to get those easy spikes in.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I cant handle Yoshi, it kills my edgegame because of those hills. So i stick with BF, Smash, and Dplaza. Maybe Pokemon 1 or Rainbow to get those easy spikes in.
I think of it this way. If there's a platform, then the stage gives Samus the edge.

By the way, while watching your video, I noticed something similar that occured as in your video of you and Mr. Game & Watch. When Diddy Kong was running toward you, you were looking in the opposite direction, shielded and then d-smashed, which caused Diddy Kong to fly away from you. ;)

Ravin

Smash Lord
I think of it this way. If there's a platform, then the stage gives Samus the edge.

By the way, while watching your video, I noticed something similar that occured as in your video of you and Mr. Game & Watch. When Diddy Kong was running toward you, you were looking in the opposite direction, shielded and then d-smashed, which caused Diddy Kong to fly away from you. ;)
Wait? I was fighting a Falco when I was GaW, not diddy... Im confused xD

I do think of it that way, but I also take into consideration the edge and platform and flatness of a level.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Wait? I was fighting a Falco when I was GaW, not diddy... Im confused xD

I do think of it that way, but I also take into consideration the edge and platform and flatness of a level.
That video was you playing as Samus while brawling against Diddy Kong.

I'm hoping my brother will be coming home soon. I want to get a recording of me doing the Triple Homing Missile, Dryn style! ;) (You can see that I did a "Dryn Remix" with Snake's Double Cypher.)

Ravin

Smash Lord
That video was you playing as Samus while brawling against Diddy Kong.

I'm hoping my brother will be coming home soon. I want to get a recording of me doing the Triple Homing Missile, Dryn style! ;) (You can see that I did a "Dryn Remix" with Snake's Double Cypher.)
Which part? Timeframe?

And nice, I saw you commenting that. I don't think a triple would be to useful. double is nice, but triple is asking for someone to run up under you xD

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Which part? Timeframe?
4:43-4:47

Ravin said:
And nice, I saw you commenting that. I don't think a triple would be to useful. double is nice, but triple is asking for someone to run up under you xD
Probably. But the Homing Missiles do dive downward. I have done a Triple Homing Missile before, but by simply doing a short hop, firing a Homing Missile, landing and then firing another one and jumping once more. I did that against PKSkyler. He plays as Ness, and you can find him here at SWF in the Ness Character Chat.

Mars-

Smash Champion
That typical knockback, his percent was over 100%, and Diddy is heavier. xD Not to mention, it didn't go up at like... a 85 degree angle.
Quick question I can not tell from the quality, did you turn around before or after the downsmash?

Ravin

Smash Lord
Quick question I can not tell from the quality, did you turn around before or after the downsmash?
I didn't, I noticed i was facing away (to the right) when I started the dsmash, and ended up facing left when it was done. Which I find is strange itself as well.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Ravin Dryn done chatting? Anyway if you said you're friend was trying to dair, then that means he probably jumped. And although it may not appear as if he did it might be because the d-smash hit right as he jumped. So maybe you want to test if sweetspot is in and a little up? lol (love all the connotations that can result from that but don't get the wrong ideas ppl)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I didn't, I noticed i was facing away (to the right) when I started the dsmash, and ended up facing left when it was done. Which I find is strange itself as well.
Now I'll have to go and see that video again. I didn't see you turn the other way.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Okay did a quick test, you hit your friend while you were facing towards him. Reason I know is because the first leg sweep is in front of you, which is the one you hit with.

This means that you turned around right out of your shield.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ravin Dryn done chatting? Anyway if you said you're friend was trying to dair, then that means he probably jumped. And although it may not appear as if he did it might be because the d-smash hit right as he jumped. So maybe you want to test if sweetspot is in and a little up? lol (love all the connotations that can result from that but don't get the wrong ideas ppl)
I suppose so, since I am trying to send Ravin my videos. I saw Mr. Game & Watch doing his dash when Ravin used his d-smash.

Thanks, Mars-.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Thanks, Mars-.
Np lol. Ohh by the way the game and watch was on the ground, he was still rolling from his dash attack and I'm pretty sure he would be in extended frames from hitting the shield, meanwhile it was a powershield so samus can get out just as quickly.

I have a feeling this has to do with the quick turn around right before the downsmash, maybe sakari made it so if you wind up your downsmashs by spinning before hand it will have more knockback!

Anyway back to my paper.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Rofl at my SD xD

But yeah, I donno how i did then :/ thats a tad confusing. how would that result in more damage and an abnormal knockback?

God **** Ness's back throw FTL. xD

Mars-

Smash Champion
So i need to dance dash first frame bewteen shield and Dsmash to get a super hit of hell! thus is the Samus Gspot! xD

Wtf. XD
No, you simply need to flick the control stick backwards when you release the shield.

Ravin

Smash Lord
No, you simply need to flick the control stick backwards when you release the shield.
I know, I was joking. Random loopholes in brawl make this game rather... unplayable sometimes. Tripping, and other random BS, and now Windup shield cancel attacks that can KO at low percents? xD

Atsu

Smash Ace
Hmm.. so we have to do a Shield Turn Around > Dsmash to get the same results? May as well play with Dtilt while I'm at it.

@Ravin: When did you get so into Zair? :p

tha_carter

Smash Ace
It can only mean the down smash has a sweetspot, this NEEDS to be tested more extensively.

Great find!

Ravin

Smash Lord
It can only mean the down smash has a sweetspot, this NEEDS to be tested more extensively.

Great find!
As far as we know now, You ned to "windup" your attacks. /sarcaism.

@ Atsu - I use it alot on Dplaza. But online I dont, too much lag to SH Zair for some reason.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Probably. But the Homing Missiles do dive downward. I have done a Triple Homing Missile before, but by simply doing a short hop, firing a Homing Missile, landing and then firing another one and jumping once more. I did that against PKSkyler. He plays as Ness, and you can find him here at SWF in the Ness Character Chat.

The man speaks the truth.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Some more testing done.

Apperently during your shield, turn dsmash it adds more damage, but not always, its like a random thing (Think of the judgment hammer, you don't know what your going to get.) I dont think this can be used as a combo or killing move outside of luck and some more luck.

Thats all I have come up with.

Atsu

Smash Ace
Some more testing done.

Apperently during your shield, turn dsmash it adds more damage, but not always, its like a random thing (Think of the judgment hammer, you don't know what your going to get.) I dont think this can be used as a combo or killing move outside of luck and some more luck.

Thats all I have come up with.
Hmm... I think it's just too hard to duplicate multiple times. But you may be right, it could be a random damage modifier *shrugs*

Nice job Ravin.

Top Bottom