• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[7/22/16] - Re-balanced (and more) Stages by soopercool101 - LXP Announcement!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Well it doesn't have to be. They can fly in the same spot or in a pattern (e.g. moving between left and right like Smashville, or in an arc like Green Hill Zone, or like Randall the Cloud).

Even if they do fly off the screen, I don't think it will make the stage uncompetitive unless it's flying super-fast. Yoshi's Island has those Support Ghosts which goes off-screen.
Those are actually some good points.

How you would animate those Arwings to fly in a pattern, I have no idea.
:054:
And therein lies the problem; I'm pretty awful at original animations. I bet I could figure them out if I put some work into it though.

Oh! Another cool stage you can do is balanced flat zone 2!!!
It's been done before (best one I know of can be found here), and the main reason that I'm unlikely to do this is simply getting a good camera on the stage. It can be so hard to tell where the floor is, blast zones are, etc.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Those are actually some good points.

And therein lies the problem; I'm pretty awful at original animations. I bet I could figure them out if I put some work into it though.

It's been done before (best one I know of can be found here), and the main reason that I'm unlikely to do this is simply getting a good camera on the stage. It can be so hard to tell where the floor is, blast zones are, etc.
Oh! Thank you! I will download it! :flatzone2:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I know you said that the new pork city stage is the one with the most reported glitches, but I have one to report.

you can fall through the stage, near the middle, happened to someone I was playing in casuals yesterday.

I otherwise really like these stages.

I see other people requesting things, so i have a request lol

could you make either a balanced Frigate, or a unique Metroid Prime series stage? I don't know about where, the games have so many good locations haha.

Phendrana drifts? the space pirate base where you first fight Dark Samus? the pirate homeworld? Phaaze? Dark Aether? Sancuary Fortress? Tallon Overworld? Impact Crater? Phazon Mines?

ugh, I don't have an easy request lol, all of them could make great stages

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I know you said that the new pork city stage is the one with the most reported glitches, but I have one to report.

you can fall through the stage, near the middle, happened to someone I was playing in casuals yesterday.
Shoot, thought I fixed that. Happened to me once too. I could hopefully have a fix up later tonight.

I see other people requesting things, so i have a request lol

could you make either a balanced Frigate
Someone else already did, and I fixed the lighting (link)

or a unique Metroid Prime series stage? I don't know about where, the games have so many good locations haha.

Phendrana drifts? the space pirate base where you first fight Dark Samus? the pirate homeworld? Phaaze? Dark Aether? Sancuary Fortress? Tallon Overworld? Impact Crater? Phazon Mines?

ugh, I don't have an easy request lol, all of them could make great stages
Whereas I'd love to do this, the main problem with that is though I'm trying to learn 3D modeling and 3D model ripping, at the moment I really, really suck at both of them.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Shoot, thought I fixed that. Happened to me once too. I could hopefully have a fix up later tonight.
Thanks

Someone else already did, and I fixed the lighting (link)
freaking sweet! it doesn't require a .rel to go over the standard version of the stage does it? it says on the link that it goes over final D

Whereas I'd love to do this, the main problem with that is though I'm trying to learn 3D modeling and 3D model ripping, at the moment I really, really suck at both of them.
perhaps I can post the request elsewhere... a well done stage like one of those would be amazing

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Wait, the balanced Flat Zone 2 file that you gave me needs a .rel?? Because i deleted it...

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman

No longer! This glitch is 100% fixed now, and I fixed some graphical errors to boot! Re-download here.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I've had the N64 How to Play stage for a while now, and I've been wanting to do some slight balances and fixes to it. The spawns were two close together, and you could see darkness behind the background if players were knocked back at certain angles. One thing led to another and long story short I remade the stage using fancy new assets as well as re-balancing it.
So I now present to you: How to Play Remastered! Absolutely no one asked for this, so here you go.

Last edited:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
okay I'm back, and with a reasonable request this time lol

I have seen a melee stage hack using the map from super Mario RPG as a background for dreamland 64.

perhaps a reskin of your most recent stage with that background? or something, a unique stage layout maybe. I would put it over Melee Temple XD

if you consider doing this, thanks in advance!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
okay I'm back, and with a reasonable request this time lol

I have seen a melee stage hack using the map from super Mario RPG as a background for dreamland 64.

perhaps a reskin of your most recent stage with that background? or something, a unique stage layout maybe. I would put it over Melee Temple XD

if you consider doing this, thanks in advance!
Do you have a link to a video or anything that shows me more what you want? If you do, I can do that no problem.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
well, this is the map screen for the game. I'll have to go on a search for other stuff when it's not late where I am.

http://www.comicbooked.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/300px-Super_Mario_RPG_world_map-294x300.png

I want to say that this might be a good texture idea for the stage itself.

http://www.bghq.com/bgs/snes/s/smrpg/172.png

ugh I need sleep, will edit in the morning

this thread has the stage I was referring to. It's under the dreamland hacks. I don't know about just reskinning Dreamland though, like I said, a unique stage layout would probably be best, give it a "new stage: feeling http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
this thread has the stage I was referring to. It's under the dreamland hacks. I don't know about just reskinning Dreamland though, like I said, a unique stage layout would probably be best, give it a "new stage: feeling http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/
I'll try and do that. I'll probably use Dreamland as a base though, while giving it a more unique platform layout and no Whispy Woods. However, school's been ramping up for me, and my schedule is rather irregular, so I'm not gonna give an ETA quite yet.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody! It's only been half a year since I've posted anything here at all, but I've had a bit more free time as of late, and I decided to actually do some stage work again!

My new current project is a re-balancing of Fourside, since I have not really encountered one that is particularly well done as of yet. You can see the current work in progress here:

Hopefully, as school starts easing up, I will be able to get back into the full swing of things (I've barely had the time to touch P:M 3.5 and 3.6 is almost out). No promises, but I should have Fourside M done hopefully within a week.

Also, unrelated note, I've updated (I believe) all my stages to include new 3.5 SSS Icons, as well as the old ones.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody! It's only been half a year since I've posted anything here at all, but I've had a bit more free time as of late, and I decided to actually do some stage work again!

My new current project is a re-balancing of Fourside, since I have not really encountered one that is particularly well done as of yet. You can see the current work in progress here:

Hopefully, as school starts easing up, I will be able to get back into the full swing of things (I've barely had the time to touch P:M 3.5 and 3.6 is almost out). No promises, but I should have Fourside M done hopefully within a week.

Also, unrelated note, I've updated (I believe) all my stages to include new 3.5 SSS Icons, as well as the old ones.

I've seen and used most of your rebalenced stage hacks, They are amazing! I love your stages it gives every stage an omega-like counterpart and I like that.

Also I know a stage that reallyneeds to be balanced and flat :pirateship:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
So, I rebalanced Temple, and you can check it out here! I'm kinda surprised I haven't balanced a Zelda stage before this, actually.

Anyway, I learned some tricks with 3ds Max which I can use for very basic model edits, but, quite frankly, I don't need to do anything too over the top for simply balancing stages. Long story short, I should be able to work with a couple more stages than I could before (i.e. Temple), and here's a sneak peak at what's (hopefully) coming soon.

As always, if you have any feedback/suggestions/etc, feel free to leave them here!

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Do you think you can balance Hyrule Castle and Corneria?
Hyrule Castle: I could, but probably not the fancy new 3.5 version.

Corneria: I don't really see any way to competently make Corneria remotely fair without just making it like the Omega version of Corneria from the 3DS Smash, as in completely random platforms moving over the planet.

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Finished Skyloft M. It's basically a retextured Temple M+ in Skyloft, but it does have different death zones, and some various improvements (which I also updated Temple M+ with). I'll update the main post later, because it's currently late o' clock, and I should probably sleep sometime, but here are the links for anyone who wants them!

Skyloft
Updated Temple

It seems I got quite a few requests for this, and I'm more than happy to oblige. As school is finally wrapping up, I should have a bit of free time in the future, and I'll probably try to return to figuring out a bunch of issues I've been having with my (hopefully) upcoming Jungle Japes edit. In the meantime, feel free to leave comments, criticisms, suggestions, et cetera, and I'll try to do what I can!

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Finished Skyloft M. It's basically a retextured Temple M+ in Skyloft, but it does have different death zones, and some various improvements (which I also updated Temple M+ with). I'll update the main post later, because it's currently late o' clock, and I should probably sleep sometime, but here are the links for anyone who wants them!

Skyloft
Updated Temple

It seems I got quite a few requests for this, and I'm more than happy to oblige. As school is finally wrapping up, I should have a bit of free time in the future, and I'll probably try to return to figuring out a bunch of issues I've been having with my (hopefully) upcoming Jungle Japes edit. In the meantime, feel free to leave comments, criticisms, suggestions, et cetera, and I'll try to do what I can!

Been a while since I checked on this thread and amazing job with Skyloft it's amazing! I'm also looking really foward to Jungle Japes, I wonder how it would turn out.

Maybe after ur done with Japes, I have a request I want to really fulfill

A balanced version of this amazing stage by Angelglory and updated by Scout

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=104&Moderated=All

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Been a while since I checked on this thread and amazing job with Skyloft it's amazing! I'm also looking really foward to Jungle Japes, I wonder how it would turn out.

Maybe after ur done with Japes, I have a request I want to really fulfill

A balanced version of this amazing stage by Angelglory and updated by Scout

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=104&Moderated=All
Alright, have anything specific in mind in terms of a new layout?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I'm seriously starting to regret my naming conventions. Anyway, I made New Pork M+ a thing! It's a larger, more made for doubles rebalance of New Pork City, hence the "+", because it's plus sized! (And I couldn't figure out how to name it, see first sentence of this post again).

Jungle Japes is coming still, I just have a couple more kinks to iron out, but it's looking much nicer!

I need to lighten up the colors on the bridges, as well as add shadows to them, and fix the boundaries up, but it is coming along! The only issue is that I will be without access to a good computer for a little bit, so I won't be finished with this until that's over, but whatever! (It's not like I've ever been good with scheduling this stuff anyway). What I can say is that Japes will almost certainly be next, and should hopefully be done early to mid July!

As usual, leave suggestions, comments, or complaints here, and I'll see what I can do!

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't get your Newpork M or Newpork M+ stage to work in 3.6b.

I'm trying to use it on the alt. slot, but it just freezes at the SSS.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? (I did use the .rel file)

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't get your Newpork M or Newpork M+ stage to work in 3.6b.

I'm trying to use it on the alt. slot, but it just freezes at the SSS.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? (I did use the .rel file)
Rename the st_newpork.rel included in the download for either version of my New Pork to st_newpork_Z.rel, and then move it to the module folder of your build. Keep the original st_newpork.rel included with the 3.6 beta in order to ensure that Fourside still works. (I'm not completely familiar with the alt. stage loader yet, but I tested this and it works). Tell me if you encounter any more issues!

Last edited:

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
Rename the st_newpork.rel included in the download for either version of my New Pork to st_newpork_Z.rel, and then move it to the module folder of your build. Keep the original st_newpork.rel included with the 3.6 beta in order to ensure that Fourside still works. (I'm not completely familiar with the alt. stage loader yet, but I tested this and it works). Tell me if you encounter any more issues!
I did rename the .rel file with the _Z added to the end, but it still froze on the SSS. I'm using your Fourside M for the original slot, and it works fine.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I did rename the .rel file with the _Z added to the end, but it still froze on the SSS. I'm using your Fourside M for the original slot, and it works fine.
Hmm... I'm having some difficulty replicating the issue. Do a reinstall of the .rels using the ones in the included folder, then ensure that the New Pork M you want to use is named "STGNEWPORK_Z.pac" exactly (Open with brawlbox or the Stage Manager to ensure that it's the correct file as well).

Also: Have you made any other changes to the SSS? That could be the source of the errors potentially if so.

Attachments

Last edited:

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I'm having some difficulty replicating the issue. Do a reinstall of the .rels using the ones in the included folder, then ensure that the New Pork M you want to use is named "STGNEWPORK_Z.pac" exactly (Open with brawlbox or the Stage Manager to ensure that it's the correct file as well).

Also: Have you made any other changes to the SSS? That could be the source of the errors potentially if so.
Thank you! It works now. :p

Not sure why it didn't before as I had the files properly named. Might wanna check the .rel file on Brawl Vault? That might be the issue.

Top Bottom