• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[7/22/16] - Re-balanced (and more) Stages by soopercool101 - LXP Announcement!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
One more little update for now, I've been working on fixing some of the UV mapping and texture problems from the original Omega stage.

Screenshotbeta3.png

I fixed the black edges that the main platform originally had, and (though not evident from this picture) I've also fixed the collisions (in the original you could actually go under the stage as the walls didn't reach down to the blastzone), added a ceiling for borderless stamina, and made a few other minor improvements as well. Here is my current to-do list before I release this, if anyone's interested:

• Make painted edges of the main platform blend in better with wood texture.
  • Darken platform shadows
  • Add Project M 3.6 camera
  • Add Easter Egg(s)
  • Make alternate versions (Current planned: Battlefield layout, Inverse Battlefield layout, two low platforms, low left platform + high right platform, high left platform + low left platform, single centered low platform, omega/platformless. Let me know if you want a platform arrangement not listed here)
  • Do extensive bug testing
  • Release (possibly this weekend? Sometime after finals. What was I thinking with this?)

Last edited:

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
"I'm just gonna say I'm totally calling dibs."
Hehe, you got me :) Was eyeing that work of art as well :p
Looking foward to see how it turns out.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Temple M+'s platform lighting doesn't work the first time I choose the stage, but later next time they do.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
"I'm just gonna say I'm totally calling dibs."
Hehe, you got me :) Was eyeing that work of art as well :p
Looking foward to see how it turns out.
If you even so much as think about working on this stage again I will be forced to sue you. The law of dibs is the most sacred and universal of laws. (actually though since none of my stages ever are remotely Wi-fi safe, I'd actually be really interested in what you might have planned for this)

Temple M+'s platform lighting doesn't work the first time I choose the stage, but later next time they do.
That just might be the weirdest issue I have ever heard of. Does this happen the first time every time you boot up the game? What stage slot do you have it in? What platform (Wii, Dolphin) are you using?

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Homebrew on Wii, second slot over Temple. *Accidental Double Post*

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Homebrew on Wii, second slot over Temple.
And you're definitely using the included rel for use over temple? Weird. I'll have to test that out myself.

EDIT: I found this glitch playing on Dolphin with my friend as well. No idea what the cause could be, especially considering that the lighting gets fixed if you load the stage again. Might be an ASL problem?

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
if you don't mind my asking, whatever happened to that Windy Hill Zone stage you were working on?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
if you don't mind my asking, whatever happened to that Windy Hill Zone stage you were working on?
Various shader issues followed by me completely forgetting that I was working on it :facepalm:

Thanks for reminding me that exists, actually, I really want to get back to it. (After Gerudo, of course)

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Various shader issues followed by me completely forgetting that I was working on it :facepalm:

Thanks for reminding me that exists, actually, I really want to get back to it. (After Gerudo, of course)
Happy to remind you lol it's just that I saw it some time ago and noticed it wasn't in your list of stages you're working on.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Any chance you could release a Smash64 Battlefield with the same dimensions as the 3.6 Battlefield?
The shape of the blocks used for the 64 Battlefield really don't lend themselves very well to PM Battlefield collisions. The platform spacing I believe is quite similar already in my version though, if I recall.
Basically, I could, but it would be really weird.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
(I need to stop giving myself deadlines and then flaking)
Finally released Gerudo Valley M! I'm probably gonna work on either Windy Hill or Saffron 3.6 next, and after that, who knows! Leave any feedback or suggestions here.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, but I have a semi-important update. I have decided that before I start working on new stages, I have a slight backlog of stages I already did either for my own personal build or for XP, so I think I'm going to start releasing those on their own, because I might as well. I'll be releasing these stages over the next week or so as I find the time. They are as follows:
  • The Beginning (N64 Intro Stage)
  • Peach's Castle 64
  • An update to the old Saffron City that I am stunned was never reported (I straight-up forgot a ledge on the flat versions; I also will have it updated for borderless stamina)
  • Onett (A new version that is essentially a reskinning of my Fourside; I still need to figure out the crashes with the old version on certain Dolphin Builds)
  • Bridge of Eldin (Combination of Xerom's and Smash 4 Omega)
  • Possibly some others that I forgot (Ooh yay possible surprises!)

Expect these mini updates (That some of you might already have if you played XP) over the next week or so, before I start (hopefully) releasing some new stuff!

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, but I have a semi-important update. I have decided that before I start working on new stages, I have a slight backlog of stages I already did either for my own personal build or for XP, so I think I'm going to start releasing those on their own, because I might as well. I'll be releasing these stages over the next week or so as I find the time. They are as follows:
  • The Beginning (N64 Intro Stage)
  • Peach's Castle 64
  • An update to the old Saffron City that I am stunned was never reported (I straight-up forgot a ledge on the flat versions; I also will have it updated for borderless stamina)
  • Onett (A new version that is essentially a reskinning of my Fourside; I still need to figure out the crashes with the old version on certain Dolphin Builds)
  • Bridge of Eldin (Combination of Xerom's and Smash 4 Omega)
  • Possibly some others that I forgot (Ooh yay possible surprises!)

Expect these mini updates (That some of you might already have if you played XP) over the next week or so, before I start (hopefully) releasing some new stuff!
Sweeeeeeet! Sounds like I'll be using all these. People at our weekly' really loved the reverse BF version of Gerudo Valley too so good work!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Sweeeeeeet! Sounds like I'll be using all these. People at our weekly' really loved the reverse BF version of Gerudo Valley too so good work!
Cool to hear!

Could you go into detail on what exactly the improved omega version of Gerudo Valley is?
Regular Gerudo Valley in the background, improved materials on main stage, improved collisions (you could clip through the bottom of the stage in DSX8's original), Project M 3.6 Camera, P:M 3.6 Final Destination spawns and death zones, and full compatibility with P:M Borderless stamina mode.

Yooo that Gerudo Valley is sick. I would like to put it in my build, but it doesn't include a stage preview and icon, I know how to put them in game, but i don't know how to make them.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Yooo that Gerudo Valley is sick. I would like to put it in my build, but it doesn't include a stage preview and icon, I know how to put them in game, but i don't know how to make them.
I've been finding it a little difficult to make stage icons as of late due to time constraints, multiple versions of my stages, and the fact that as of 3.6 and the Alt Stage Loader, previews are in multiple different formats. I usually get a screenshot of the stage from Dolphin on a Tiny Clear Special Smash (screenshots are pretty easy to get even if your computer can't run Dolphin that well). If for whatever reason you absolutely cannot get a screenshot for use for these, tell me what version you want to use and I'll post a screenshot for you to use.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I've been finding it a little difficult to make stage icons as of late due to time constraints, multiple versions of my stages, and the fact that as of 3.6 and the Alt Stage Loader, previews are in multiple different formats. I usually get a screenshot of the stage from Dolphin on a Tiny Clear Special Smash (screenshots are pretty easy to get even if your computer can't run Dolphin that well). If for whatever reason you absolutely cannot get a screenshot for use for these, tell me what version you want to use and I'll post a screenshot for you to use.
Speaking of which, make multiple copies of that picture and resize them. Check another preview or icon in Brawlbox to find the length and width.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
If Dolphin isn't an option, you can also take screenshots in game by pressing the Z button on the pause menu. Save the image to the SD card and convert it with the bin2jpg tool found on this page.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Resources.php

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I forgot to post this in the thread earlier, but here's a new stage I released yesterday: Castle Siege M! Includes two colors and two times of day, and includes versions that go over Castle Siege and Skyworld (the Skyworld one can be rel ported to whatever other stage).

Here's a link to the stage on Modulous, and here's a video of the daytime red version:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Two/three stages I've been working on that should be done this weekend.

Gaur Plains Alpha (Not a balanced stage remotely, just a silly, casual 4-player stage):

Yoshi's Island (Brawl) M + Yoshi's Island (Brawl) Omega:

Leave any feedback or suggestions here!

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
to be completely honest I wasn't sure what was different about Gaur Plains for a sec, but thats cuz I don't play Sm4sh. Having the omega platform in the middle is actually a pretty cool idea considering that originally there was just random platforms lol. I also like the Yoshi's stage. Would you consider keeping in the white shy guys and the ghosty things though? I always sorta thought it was what gave that stage something interesting besides the weird top platform.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I also like the Yoshi's stage. Would you consider keeping in the white shy guys and the ghosty things though? I always sorta thought it was what gave that stage something interesting besides the weird top platform.
Don't worry, there will be optional files to keep the timed support ghosts and/or the weird slanting top platform for the M version of the stage.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Coming soon-ish(?), Kalos League M!

There will be non-transforming versions as well. The main change from the original stage would be the Steel form, where I reworked the swords into regular platforms.

Also there's an Alpha because I felt like it.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
So... Alpha versions set out to do the opposite of what omega versions do?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Looks good. I would try to remove the fire pillars from the M version if possible. I don't think it would be immediately obvious to the player that they're non-hazardous.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Looks good. I would try to remove the fire pillars from the M version if possible. I don't think it would be immediately obvious to the player that they're non-hazardous.
It's very easily possible. I'll include versions with and without the fire pillars. The entire thing should be done this week, both transforming and non-transforming versions.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom