• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

Manatee

Smash Apprentice
Hugo, Dendy, J666, Emily can't go
Don't know about Wes/Sheridan
How is the driving going to be done? I'm bringing 2 TVs and my sleeping bag

And I'm now 666 since no one bothered to tell me that 475 was really dumb until Apex and I just realized it myself
You can tell people that you're 666 now because you're a beast.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hahahaha random numbers

welcome back! actually i think the closest guy to you is westballz whos in burbank, but ur welcome to join in any smashfests we have. normally either me or sung host people often, more likely near the weekends

^ also yeah i posted on the sd thread thanks

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
i'm not getting any response from joejoe about the ride

would you guys have space for me (i'll know by tomorrow hopefully)?

edit: nvm he's going from somewhere else. i want a ride plz

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have two small TVs and 1 cube. If I go to a Gamestop and buy cables for my Wii then it's two full setups. I think Martin is probably going to crash here Friday night and smash, but we'll see.

I think we should probably go ahead and pay for the hotel seeing as both Baka and I have posted about housing with no response. Right now it sounds like a 5 way split, maybe more, so around $20 or so.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
I hate phone calls.
that's a symptom of the overstimulating society you've grown up in

it's stunted the social growth of whatever the name of our current generation is. generation ADD works for me.

Generation ADD is, as a whole, unable to express empathy, read body language, refrain from masturbating and other compulsory habits (including but not limited to drug use, video game playing, TV watching, and text messaging/Facebook usage), nail job interviews, experience frequent success with the opposite sex, maintain a stable bedtime, abnegate from procrastination, and overall embodies a meek, submissive personality that may be no better encapsulated by their unwillingness to look people in the eye, speak clearly and loudly, and stand up for themselves.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Are you even going to WGF? Why are you trying to play psychologist?
MONEY MATCH ME BRO

umad?

surriously, i've interpreted you being surly toward me since i started posting in this thread

so let me be clear:

I AM BETTER AT YOU IN THIS GAME

i will prob beat you with my marth, fox, and sheik

once your ego has had time to absorb that

you will find that i am a really awesome human being

get at the kid

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
I'm not surly and there are many people better at this game than I am, so I wouldn't be too surprised if you were. I'm just not sure why you're instructing me to make phone calls for an event you're not attending and then writing a paragraph about the problems with "my generation" (also your generation). Doesn't really make any sense...

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Haha no way, I'm not even the original 666 (Jesson)
And there's also no way I'm getting a combo video my combos (if I even have some) are too ordinary and standard which I don't mind. Also not into the song but I appreciate it

Also I'd be down to MM if ya want $5 min unless we both have lower than that

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
that's a symptom of the overstimulating society you've grown up in

it's stunted the social growth of whatever the name of our current generation is. generation ADD works for me.

Generation ADD is, as a whole, unable to express empathy, read body language, refrain from masturbating and other compulsory habits (including but not limited to drug use, video game playing, TV watching, and text messaging/Facebook usage), nail job interviews, experience frequent success with the opposite sex, maintain a stable bedtime, abnegate from procrastination, and overall embodies a meek, submissive personality that may be no better encapsulated by their unwillingness to look people in the eye, speak clearly and loudly, and stand up for themselves.
As totally off topic as this post is, I find it distressing because I am unable to do most of those. How exactly do you treat generation ADD?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
bizzaro i think sung may be able to get u if we dont have space, try to work it out with him

yeah at this point a hotel sounds fine, and it is more comfortable.

sung if its not too much out of your way i would like to leave my tv off in your car, cuz i think its the only car where itll fit...if not just let me know, and i can bring a cube--to go with ur 2nd tv?

at this point from what i can gather we have potential sherigami wes crimson bizz as maybes for this 2 carpool thingy

sung has his own car, so far 2 tvs and by himself

chris has him me martin dan (and his setups?)

if no one else falls through, sung, me and dan can ride with you, and setups will be accounted for. otherwise this is what we have so far i believe

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i am not, sorry bizz. gahhh teaming with u sounds hella fun tho :( next tourney we're together we def should!

edit: will u b here next weekend? festizzios having a tourney

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
if no one else falls through, sung, me and dan can ride with you, and setups will be accounted for. otherwise this is what we have so far i believe
Wait, your lack of an Oxford Comma is confusing me. That was directed to me right? As in, if no one else is coming then it will be Me, Martin, Sung, You, and Dan in my car, correct?

Getting ready to book the hotel. With tax and stuff it is $111.63/5 = $22.33. Obviously if anyone asks to crash with us it drops.

I'd appreciate about $5-10 bucks for gas. Does this sound okay?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Wait, your lack of an Oxford Comma is confusing me. That was directed to me right? As in, if no one else is coming then it will be Me, Martin, Sung, You, and Dan in my car, correct?

Getting ready to book the hotel. With tax and stuff it is $111.63/5 = $22.33. Obviously if anyone asks to crash with us it drops.

I'd appreciate about $5-10 bucks for gas. Does this sound okay?
Oh no that statement was directed at sung. As in, if there are only 6 of us (i'm pretty sure it's at least 6, since bizzaro is coming now), we can do 3 ppl and 3 ppl. Either way, I think at this point we need two cars, not only because of the number of people, but also so we can fit both our bags *and* setups (5 tvs?). I am almost certain crimson is coming tho (I'll know tomorrow), and so this should be fine. I'm down with a hotel, pretty sure we'll have at 5-6 ppl (7 may b pushing it, but we'll see how much space we have).

Gas sounds fine, worse comes to worse we can figure it out later.

Also jw, but how close is the hotel from the venue?

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
So who would be coming with me and Martin then, Bizzaro? I don't even know him (no offence). I feel like you're making this kind of confusing and would prefer to stick with the original 4 that we decided on days ago. Space should be okay as long as nobody brings a big *** TV.

Here is the map:
http://g.co/maps/myexe

He actually didn't need the Oxford Comma, since he was in fact directing the statement to Sung, I just misunderstood.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
i would be going with sung since he's driving and he lives closer I think. he is also getting westballz and hopefully some other people

stupid edit indicator. it usually doesn't show the change if you changed within a 1-2 minute limit after your post.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ok chris so ur car is me you martin dan, and maybe crimson (i'll know by tomorrow). either way this carpool will meet at my place saturday morning and leave sunday night, and stay at a hotel for one day. chris go ahead and book a room for 4 (maybe 5) of us. i talked to dan and hes fine with the hotel/gas prices

sungs car is him bizzaro wes and maybe sheridan. i am not sure whats going on for housing for this carpool, sung u can arrange with chris if u wanna stay at the same hotel, we'll just have 2 rooms.

bam hope thats ok. only drawback is i cant bring my tv unless sung is willing to come and pick just that up lol. chris or sung, i havent really gotten a response yet, since both of u are bringing 2 tvs could i please use one of them to match with my cube to count as one setup?

i can probably play 2mrw evening for a few hours if anyone is down, prob from 7-10 or 8-11 ish

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Yes you can use my 2nd TV with your cube. It's one of the small 13" ones. As far as hotel I guess we could cram it... that would be like 8 people lol. I don't really mind as long as people aren't being stupid/breaking stuff and getting me in trouble. If you guys prefer to get your own room you can probably get the same price that I posted above via Priceline.

So I booked the room. Turns out there is no couch. Their "Sweet Sleeper," which I assumed was a couch sleeper bed, is apparently just their super snazzy mattresses. Room should look like Photo #3 at this link:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/rooms/index.html?propertyID=1959

baka4moé

Smash Champion
oh ok yeah it seems like we should probably have 4 (5 if someone is ok with the floor) people per room is ok. ill talk to crimson, if hes fine going with sung, and if sung has space, we could just have 4ppl/4ppl for two cars and two hotel rooms. $27 per person is still not bad

Top Bottom