• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
imo im better than sung but not by much. i'm still rusty as hell / i suicide a lot. got a gamecube/melee/memory card on the way tho so i'm gonna be technical soon

and i'm totally a fox main. too broken

nando is really good and i doubt sung can beat him but you never know, socal's really good.

and when i say sung camps it's not always super blatant but he doesn't have that "pressure pressure pressure" mindset. a lot of times he'll get a hit, you'll be near the ledge, then he runs to the middle of the stage and shoots lasers. you're hanging on the ledge, he's just shooting lasers. his whole game is focused on lasers, so good anti-laser game ***** his life. because he's not used to pressuring he doesn't punish hard. he also does the typical "wait under a platform and bait you to approach" campy ****. not all the time but it's there.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
So you're not playing Sheik anymore? We played once like two years ago at Dunks house, maybe for an hour or so.

I know what you mean about Sung's playstyle, but he's gotten better about it I think. Stab is definitely more campy, so frustrating. :|

A3(PO4 3-)

Smash Apprentice
I don't think baiting a reaction from below a platform is anything bad... as long as he doesn't do it 100% of the time. When I played him and he got me close to the edge, he just cut off most of my options with backairs.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
re sheik, i'll never say never because i get bored (more like lose focus/play someone i'm way better than) and mess around with all my crappy secondaries. she's the only one of my crappy secondaries i'd ever consider using in tournament.

but i like fox not only because he's broken, but because he's easy to get better at (just get more technical) and he makes the game fun.

fighting most of the characters in this game is boring as **** but not if you're technical. no such thing as a technical non-fast faller (armada is the exception that proves the rule)

campers used to frustrate me but i embrace it now. the most efficient way to get better is to be technical and aggressive. they're just hurting themselves, and just offering me incentive to improve my power shielding

baka4moé

Smash Champion
possibly, i have some work to do and it depends if i get it done. problem is that apex stream....

if i can play ill text yall, but earliest would be 9 cuz i have work tonight..

if yall can play saturday that is possible

A3(PO4 3-)

Smash Apprentice
I had fun yesterday with inty and baka and his friend^_^ finally got some better peach and marth practice

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Whaaaat. Baka you said you weren't going to play Saturday.

P.S. Do you guys want to get a hotel or try and crash with SD people? If you want Martin can pick you and Dan up on Friday and we can Smash at my place, then leave Saturday morning. Lots of space here.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
SD people is cheaper, but I tried a couple places and they didnt fall through. if you want to look for possible SD people to house us thatd be cool, but im ok with a hotel also (more comfortable, we get what we pay for). i think if we're leaving saturday morning its just best to meet at my place bc its less driving overall, and not smashing the night before might actually be a good idea so we dont sleep too late. also i checked the parking over here is ok. another reason is i have work till 830 again :(. i may be able to leave early but its generally difficult and ill try if we decide to leave friday

theres also the option of leaving friday evening, if we find reasonable housing.

the thing on saturday was very improvised and was only for like 2 hours so meh

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
San Diego for Winter Game Fest.

The best hotel I can find right now is $99 at the Sheraton right across the street. 2 Bed plus fold out couch (I think, it says "Sleeper Bed"). There's a $79 elsewhere that's a bit further away. Anything cheaper is considerably farther.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I could try to ask crimsonblur to join in, cut the costs

Also if we do a hotel we could just do it for one night as long as we checked out by noon on sunday, and just leave out stuff somewhere

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
That's what I was thinking, basically just crash there/Smash Saturday night (venue closes at 8pm) and check out in the morning.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Apex Stuff
I'm not technically consistent at all. My aggro game is really bad going to do a lot of research and watching vids from now on. So apparently my pool got changed at the very last second (I don't know why) into this pretty easy pool where Unknown522 was the only one I knew (I lost solidly). Which is sad because I did want to play the people in my old pool and see if I could have gotten out, there was this G&W guy who took game 1 off of me haha dem trixies :) . Anyway, I got knocked out at round 2. Weon X was the first I played and I got 2-0d the games were close but he definitely won (fox/falco) I really need to figure out those MUs. I beat this ganon player and I had to 2-0 Vanz to make it out of pools (since Weon 2-0d everyone but got 2-0d by Vanz). Anyway Vanz uses sheik beats me, then I beat it on FoD, then takes me to FD with peach and it was pretty close last stock mid %, the worst part of it is that I had the lead but I couldn't maintain my pressure game and reverted into my scared play. All in all learned stuff got exp the usual.

Wintergamefest Stuff
Ok so I'll be willing to chip in for hotel if yall want (I'll sleep on the floor as always).

Other Stuff
Hit me up if you wanna play

A3(PO4 3-)

Smash Apprentice
Aw. Can't wait to see videos of you up on youtube (if there are any with the messed up recording at apex). Good luck to everyone going to wgf

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Mostly because it doesn't bother me so much but I wouldn't be able to sleep on a hard floor, carpet only
And I always used to play sitting on the floor so yea it's not that I prefer sitting more but just that I don't mind whichever

And no vids of mine were recorded

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i dont mind if we have space, crimson still hasnt responded and maybe this other guy, not sure yet. my only condition is that we get enough sleep saturday night

good stuff at apex tho, still did pretty good!

EDIT: talked to crimson he said hed know by thursday, and if he can go hes in for the carpool and hotel.
also i just realized duh we can leave our stuff in the car when we park for Sunday afternoon herp

Manatee

Smash Apprentice
i dont mind if we have space, crimson still hasnt responded and maybe this other guy, not sure yet. my only condition is that we get enough sleep saturday night

good stuff at apex tho, still did pretty good!

EDIT: talked to crimson he said hed know by thursday, and if he can go hes in for the carpool and hotel.
also i just realized duh we can leave our stuff in the car when we park for Sunday afternoon herp
I say we just take Sung since he's already confirmed he will come if we give him the spot. Also, he's ****ing awesome.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
I agree, that is unless Sung is planning on driving/ giving other people rides. If that's the case then Crimson or whoevs wants in.

Also, who is the mysterious SUNG666?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
that makes sense, its just that i was originally planning on going with crimson since like wgf was announced, but then he said he was unsure and will know by thursday (hence the trying to arrange for other car pools). i'd like to not go back on my word on him. do both of yall's cars only seat 5?

sung were you gonna bring other people with you? any word on with hugo/dendy/wes/jesson/sheridan? just wanted to clarify, since wgf is supposedly gonna be reasonably big. oo also how long are you here for? r u still on winter break?

either way, even if we take more than 1/different cars, all 6 of us can still split the hotel if its 2 beds and a couch. im guessing the hotel will be more costly than gas anyway?

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we're both 5 seaters. Apparently your giant TV doesn't fit in Martin's car, so if you want to bring it we'll have to try my mine.

Now that I think about it, your TV might be too big depending on what people bring for overnight (pillows, blankets, setups, smaller tvs, etc.).

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Hugo, Dendy, J666, Emily can't go
Don't know about Wes/Sheridan
How is the driving going to be done? I'm bringing 2 TVs and my sleeping bag

And I'm now 666 since no one bothered to tell me that 475 was really dumb until Apex and I just realized it myself

baka4moé

Smash Champion
whats wrong with 475? if its area code quite a few ppl do that.

at this point we were gonna meet at my place (bc halfway bt martin and chris's places, and there is parking here) and then just ride in one car. the only problem is that at this rate we maybe should just use 2 cars. if ur able to bring other people that would probably be for the best actually, since then fitting tvs wont be a problem if we have 2 cars. as of now interested ppl are chris and martin, me and dan, you, and crimson and he'll know thursday. if wes and sheridan agree to go with u then i think we should be ok.

how big are ur tvs? i think mine can fit in peligros car, and if not it can fit it yours. its not the giant one, its the other one (i think 19-20') thats on my desk. if we cant make it happen i can leave my tv. i can at least bring a cube if ur short one.

chris u have tvs also, no?

Top Bottom