• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/2008 GIGABITS - Bawling for a Brawling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, to be honest...character that only have a tether recovery are the following:

Olimar
ZSS
Ivysaur

right?

of those, Ivysaur isn't stuck...of course, he can switch to the other two for the stage...so that's not good enough. Any PT player should be proficient enough with all of the three to play them competitively...so that's not even telling somebody to play another character.

ZSS has another jump with down B...so she's not helpless. Of course, it hurts her as a counterpick...but it's not unmanageable

the only character that gets really wrecked by it is Olimar...and admittedly, it's bad for him...maybe an autowin for one who doesn't REALLY watch his jumps.

HOWEVER...if it only greatly affects one character, I say it's a good counterpick and completely legitimate. Even if it's an autowin stage against that character...it's one char, so I don't feel the rest should be forced to not pick it based just on that. It's certianly advantageous and disadvantageous to certain characters...but I say good counterpick for that very reason.

Finch

Smash Lord
I could be wrong, but I think zss's down B is useless for recovery on RC. I don't play a tether recovery character so it doesn't affect me, I just wanted to save olimar/zss mains from having to waste a ban every time that could have gone to orpheon instead. I liked rainbow cruise in melee, but I don't think it works in brawl.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I could be wrong, but I think zss's down B is useless for recovery on RC. I don't play a tether recovery character so it doesn't affect me, I just wanted to save olimar/zss mains from having to waste a ban every time that could have gone to orpheon instead. I liked rainbow cruise in melee, but I don't think it works in brawl.
its not great, but its not too bad for zss

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Well, to be honest...character that only have a tether recovery are the following:

Olimar
ZSS
Ivysaur

right?

of those, Ivysaur isn't stuck...of course, he can switch to the other two for the stage...so that's not good enough. Any PT player should be proficient enough with all of the three to play them competitively...so that's not even telling somebody to play another character.

ZSS has another jump with down B...so she's not helpless. Of course, it hurts her as a counterpick...but it's not unmanageable

the only character that gets really wrecked by it is Olimar...and admittedly, it's bad for him...maybe an autowin for one who doesn't REALLY watch his jumps.

HOWEVER...if it only greatly affects one character, I say it's a good counterpick and completely legitimate. Even if it's an autowin stage against that character...it's one char, so I don't feel the rest should be forced to not pick it based just on that. It's certianly advantageous and disadvantageous to certain characters...but I say good counterpick for that very reason.
*ehem*

Rainbrow cruise is pretty much entirely anti-olimar. He simply has no hope. I 2 stocked a kirby in a recent tournament match only to be 3 stocked on rainbrow cruise.

Olimar has enough stages to worry about (battlefield, Orpheon, Great sea, delfino).

Only bad thing about being an olimar is the gimps and those stages are gimptastic.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I said it's bad for olimar...never would argue that, really... I don't know if it's truly autowin...but it's bad. ok.

but seriously? Olimar is bad on Delfino? BF? Pirate ship?

yes..I know about the water killing the pikmin...however, in most cases, you can't be gimped to hard if there's water there...that is, if you're smart about it... so I won't give you those stages just on water...and BF? wtf?????

Orpheon, he has a gimp edge. I know that...the stage does change a lot...and that side is bad for him....but not really an autowin stage, either. idk. I'm not really a big proponent of feeling sorry for a single character...

I'm simply not supportive of a stage being banned to support one character out of the masses...just can't see the real reasoning there.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Mystic vs Seibrik at Brawl Bash 2. Mystic won the set, but got 3 stocked on Rainbow cruise (as ZSS because its impossible for him to recover).

Rainbow Cruise is stupid vs characters with tether recoveries. Rainbow Cruise is a stupid stage period.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Um...spouting one tourney match doesn't really deepen your argument. there are a whole lot of other factors to consider, like a lot of the nubs on the scene never playing that stage and such...

Sorry, but you didn't help any by posting that.

AfroQT

Smash Master
The stage is just STUPID! I dont understand lol, its a moving stage where you spend more time jumping from place to place then fighting. The only real fight time is on that ship, then its over. If that stage is allowed i want the DK up scrolling stage to be allowed.

Vijin

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that for a stage to be banned, there has to be a legitimate reason. Not liking the stage isn't a legitimate reason but that seems to be the bases on which people are trying to ban some of these stages.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Not trying to be mean at all but, isnt spending more time running around the stage then fighting your opponent a legit reason? And if not then why isnt the DK scrolling stage allowed that stage is amazing.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
...so anyways,

Lylat needs to be settled. I personally like is as a neutral, but I'm not really adamant about it...
Pictochat will probably be banned again...sigh. I really like that stage, though.

Cruise should stay on CP.

Mansion will probably be banned.

norfair?
Distant Planet? I think we've all gotten used to DDD's antics enough to not get grabbed on that one ledge. idk though...

etc etc

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
theres honestly no good reason that lylat should be a cp, keep it as a nuetral. Lots of people hated BF in melee, but they sucked it up and played on it anyways

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
which is why you should delete your account and never come back on these forums again...everytime you say this **** its like holding some nasty trash food and saying "oh this is so fvcking bad" but then you keep taking bites of it. no offense man but just get the **** out if u dont like this game, go post on counterstrike forums

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
well i think they like maxed out on space animals, we dont need a space animal ***** too

another f-zero character, another metroid character, a mario rpg character is what they need

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
which is why you should delete your account and never come back on these forums again...everytime you say this **** its like holding some nasty trash food and saying "oh this is so fvcking bad" but then you keep taking bites of it. no offense man but just get the **** out if u dont like this game, go post on counterstrike forums
wat .

Finch

Smash Lord
I've never played or watched a tournament match on luigi's mansion so why is it banned?

Also if you had watched siebrik vs myst on rainbow cruise you would know what we're talking about. It was like playing DK on icicle mountain.

Galeon

Smash Ace
I actually would kind of like to see Norfair on counterpick. The big lava wash that gets announced and forces everyone to go to the safe bubble can be avoided simply by grabbing the edge, no confrontation needed. The timing's pretty easy too if you've played the stage before.

It's also a nice stage to choose against a Falco/DDD. Also makes chars like Ganon and Falcon have an approach game with the platforms.

The stage will probably be banned and I wouldn't really care but I just wanted to point out that it's not an AWFUL stage.

Pictochat would be nice if people didn't randomly get stuck inside the stage transitions until it switched to a new background. Being stuck inside a building and not being able to be hit by ANYONE (attacks can go out but can't come in) is pretty cheesy.

And I still like Corneria. It will probably never be unbanned because of how easy it is to camp/wall infinites and really shouldn't be unbanned but I just like it.

A stage I would like to see on counterpicks would be Distant Planet. The bad part about it is a walk off but it isn't even connected to the main stage. From what I've seen, DDD can't effectively camp here for an easy kill because of the way the stage is setup. If he's ahead in stock, you can approach him without being taken for an uphill ride. For characters that for whatever reason still can't approach, the level does provide weak throwing items to make it a bit easier. Edgeguarding does get slightly harder because characters can come up through the bottom of the stage/choose an alternative by grabbing onto the walk off ledge/jump on the pikmin guy (Bulbin?) to avoid getting knocked back off the stage almost instantly. The level just seems very counterpicky and not as gay as the other banned levels.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I actually would kind of like to see Norfair on counterpick. The big lava wash that gets announced and forces everyone to go to the safe bubble can be avoided simply by grabbing the edge, no confrontation needed. The timing's pretty easy too if you've played the stage before.

It's also a nice stage to choose against a Falco/DDD. Also makes chars like Ganon and Falcon have an approach game with the platforms.

The stage will probably be banned and I wouldn't really care but I just wanted to point out that it's not an AWFUL stage.

Pictochat would be nice if people didn't randomly get stuck inside the stage transitions until it switched to a new background. Being stuck inside a building and not being able to be hit by ANYONE (attacks can go out but can't come in) is pretty cheesy.

And I still like Corneria. It will probably never be unbanned because of how easy it is to camp/wall infinites and really shouldn't be unbanned but I just like it.

A stage I would like to see on counterpicks would be Distant Planet. The bad part about it is a walk off but it isn't even connected to the main stage. From what I've seen, DDD can't effectively camp here for an easy kill because of the way the stage is setup. If he's ahead in stock, you can approach him without being taken for an uphill ride. For characters that for whatever reason still can't approach, the level does provide weak throwing items to make it a bit easier. Edgeguarding does get slightly harder because characters can come up through the bottom of the stage/choose an alternative by grabbing onto the walk off ledge/jump on the pikmin guy (Bulbin?) to avoid getting knocked back off the stage almost instantly. The level just seems very counterpicky and not as gay as the other banned levels.
well..except for the giant candy-corn looking head thats an instant kill if you happen to get knocked into its mouth. Also , if you are on top of his head, sometimes he will somehow instantly eat you off of his head and you cant escape, instead of just moving off-screen while you are on top.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hmmm, well Luigi's mansion just knock down all the walls. Then it's like a Final Destination for idk, like 2 minutes? and stipes if you actually use Yoshi then just Dair them, they break soooo easily, but I do agree that MK ***** that level that's why when I play an MK and he asks for my ban I just say Luigi's mansion.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Your talking about ddd I presume.

If so, ban green greens.
um...green greens is banned. He's actually talking about MK and a couple others...

The stage is being used as the stupid counterpick at a lot of tournaments. If it were just used as an anti-camper, I'd understand, but the ceilings in the house completely change gameplay for the worse...it's a pretty ridiculous stage.

You know, this is one of the best posts in this entire thread....so thanks to you, Galeon.

I disagree on Norfair simply because I think the stage is TOO disruptive...it just really, really can screw somebody over. a few days ago, I got combo'ed by the flares from the back...like, one into another...and I couldn't really avoid it. it just hurts you too much... kinda like Halberd gone bad.

I really, really, really like pictochat, but yeah, it shouldn't be on. : / oh wells.
Corneria is just because of that stupid wall. : / it was always semi-annoying due to helping campers...but now with a cg'ing wall...it's kinda dumb.

btw...completely unrelated note, but Ike has a wall cg on certain chars. hehehe

Actually, I completely agree with you on Distant Planet... Now that the DDD scare is kinda over, this stage isn't ridiculous. It's pretty easy to not get thrown off over there, so why not allow it? It can ohko you, but only under extremely rare circumstances. I support it.

Galeon

Smash Ace
well..except for the giant candy-corn looking head thats an instant kill if you happen to get knocked into its mouth. Also , if you are on top of his head, sometimes he will somehow instantly eat you off of his head and you cant escape, instead of just moving off-screen while you are on top.
standing on its head is the equivalent to standing on one of the ships on Corneria. You really have no reason to be on it.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
haha. haven't you ever seen a dog do that?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fbT9mH_wcEw

It's programmed that way so people can't just camp on his head...it's a really cool factor, actually. Yeah, I don't like getting eaten, but it's pretty sweet...gotta say.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hey. I don't make the rules around here. lol.

I personally think the level's ok. I like it...but I'm not really attached to it, either...so if it stays banned...it stays banned. no big deal.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
neutrals ftw!! I don't play anywhere else.
anywhere else can lick my sack.

Linguini

Smash Master
ROFL pete, it wasnt me supposedly chops was for hire but now he changed his mind and were teaming for all the tournies again.
My B!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom