• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 characters who never should have been in the Smash Bros series.

Chia_Pet

Smash Rookie
1. Pichu- I don`t see much reason why he/she should be here.
2. Zero Suit Samus- I like Samus
3. Sonic- I like him in other games ,but i hate him in this game
4. Dunno
5. Dunno

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
1. Pichu. I liked him a lot when I was about 8, (which, come to think of it, was probably the point of his inclusion) but from a gameplay aspect, he's more or less useless.

2. Sonic. No, I'm not kidding. I hate his guts, and it's especially annoying to play on Wi-fi with every ten year old going "You're too slow!" every three seconds. The only satisfactory thing about him is that he's taken down so easily.
so true, oh so true

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
1.Pichu(Cute yes but theres pikachu)
2.R.O.B(WTF?)
3.Pit(Hiyayayayaa! Say it 10x fast)
4.Lucario(Mewtwo was way cooler)
5.Sonic(Crap character that was overhyped)
At least Pit, ROB, and Lucario are good
and while yeah, Mewtwo was cooler, Lucario is better
Mewtwo should have been much faster, he is one of the fastest in Pokemon games for crying out loud
8th fastest to be exact, not to mention the fact that in general everything about him should have been better almost

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Jigglypuff should never had been in Smash series, it's a bad Pokémon in the games with terrible stats there.
Rest is also pretty different in Smash Bros series, in Pokémon games it does no damage at all and recovers health instead.

Ness is also a character who in SSB should have been instead Bowser, DDD or Wario.
Luigi was not neccesary in the Smash series, I would prefer Wario or Bowser in SSB.
Yoshi has has never been a good character despite his extremely high learning curve in all 3 games and also always has been underestimated because of his lack of a 3rd jump. Definitely a bad choice for the Smash Bros series.
Falcon was not neccesary in the Smash Bros games as well but because he was a good character in SSB and a very good character in SSBM I don't think he should be removed.
Link has always been poor tiered, Sakurai made him too slow with too poor recovery.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
lol, there's still so many scrubs here.
'
lol too true

Mine would probably be:
1. Sonic - lol sucky 3rd party
2. Snake - lol good 3rd party
3. Olimar - I had always thought Pikmin was on the Xbox or something lol :psycho: Still a horrible choice imo.
4. Pichu - :laugh: haha, Pichu
5. Wolf - Clone, and not even a good clone like Falco.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
'
lol too true

Mine would probably be:
1. Sonic - lol sucky 3rd party
2. Snake - lol good 3rd party
3. Olimar - I had always thought Pikmin was on the Xbox or something lol :psycho: Still a horrible choice imo.
4. Pichu - :laugh: haha, Pichu
5. Wolf - Clone, and not even a good clone like Falco.
Then say Falco should never had been instead of saying Wolf, Falco is just neither a hero, not a villain/anti hero.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Digimonkey, you have right. King K Rool should have been instead and so we would have a villain of the Donkey Kong series.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers - like more than 3/4 of the world never heard of them
Pichu - damages himself every shock attack
Olimar (maybe) his kncoback is way too high, blame sakurai (as what most people would say)
Sonic (maybe) takes too long to kill

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers - like more than 3/4 of the world never heard of them
Pichu - damages himself every shock attack
Olimar (maybe) his kncoback is way too high, blame sakurai (as what most people would say)
Sonic (maybe) takes too long to kill
i agree, about 3/4 of that, Olimer was a good idea, Nintendo needs to put in lesserly known characters that could get sequels to be in brawl to help get more big series going, and Olimer fits that role,(heck, so does Ray from Custom Robo) granted, they were being lazy and made a remake, not a sequel:confused:
but, yeah, if Sonic was better i'd be good with him in, but not as he is belox average, Sakurai should've at least made him average, maybe a bit above
IDK why blame Sakurai, think about it, if not for him, would we even be discussing the game?

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
1. Sonic. Grrrrrrr.
2. Snake. Just stands out too much.
3. Zero Suit Samus. I like her, but she was unnecessary. If it wasn't for her, we might have gotten a different metroid character.
4. Ice Climbers. One game doesn't make you memorable enough to be a fighter
5. Ike. Again, I like him, but Roy was so much better. Like a stronger Marth.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
1. Sonic. Grrrrrrr.
3. Zero Suit Samus. I like her, but she was unnecessary. If it wasn't for her, we might have gotten a different metroid character.
I agree with you on 5, but the people who do nothing but agree with the tier list completely would be greatly questioning that

NinjaLAW1234

Smash Cadet
wolf- clone
pit- wait who?
yoshi- is terrible
lucario- poekmon should have stayed with original 150. everything on is :(
lucas- no one knos anything about ness. who the hell is lucas?

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
wolf- clone
pit- wait who?
yoshi- is terrible
lucario- poekmon should have stayed with original 150. everything on is :(
lucas- no one knos anything about ness. who the hell is lucas?
Pit was in 2 games and actually could be in a new game, unlike IC, and his games were really good
Yoshi is just real hard to use and not good enough even when you can use him to his best, he isn't bad, just to weird to use and not in a high enough tier to have people want to use him
I think Lucas would be better for a character if not for him being a clone like Wolf
and not all new pokemon suck, Sinnoh is the best since Kanto, Hoenn is what sucked

Smith

Smash Ace
Why are some people saying Toon Link was one of the worst characters to add? To be perfectly honest, Wind Waker was the biggest hit on the Gamecube (next to ToS) and a really good and different game from the other Zelda games.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Toon Link is not amazing in brawl but he is also not horrible. I think he should be in Smash Bros. series.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
TL is not amazing in Brawl, he a very middle tier.
TL should at least go up a bit, not seriously but he pretty much is a faster Link that can recover and has a normal boomerang, not the crappy one Link gots

gROYn

Smash Cadet
Personally I think Street Fighter 4 had more characters I disliked than Brawl did >_>

GBye

Smash Cadet
1. Pichu
2. Dr. Mario
3. Sonic
4. Ike
5. Snake

Sorry folks. Nevertheless, it´s just my opinion.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
1. Sonic. Grrrrrrr.
1. I agree.
2. Agreed.
3. Sorta
4. One game? Who cares if they were in one game, you don't need a number of games to be in >_> There CLASSICS. Can't beat classics =O

not all new pokemon suck, Sinnoh is the best since Kanto, Hoenn is what sucked
Lol you've better meant the gameplay, if you meant the Pokemon, then ROFL!!!

Jigglypuff
joung link
toon link
wario
Why Jigglypuff? Reasons?

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
1. I agree.
2. Agreed.
3. Sorta
4. One game? Who cares if they were in one game, you don't need a number of games to be in >_> There CLASSICS. Can't beat classics =O

Lol you've better meant the gameplay, if you meant the Pokemon, then ROFL!!!

Why Jigglypuff? Reasons?
they probably mean because Jiggly kinda sucks now and is only big in the anime and only popular in Japan
and Sinnoh Starters are all cooler than Hoenn or Joto (idk how it is spelled) starters
and IC isn't that good, Kid Icarus is much better

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
they probably mean because Jiggly kinda sucks now and is only big in the anime and only popular in Japan
and Sinnoh Starters are all cooler than Hoenn or Joto (idk how it is spelled) starters
and IC isn't that good, Kid Icarus is much better
....LOL SYDROME OMEGA SUPREME!!! XD You think the 4th generation starters are cooler!? ...The best generations of Pokemon ever were in Kanto & Johto, and I bet most people would agree. 4th was the least creative. :ohwell:

Jigglypuff dosen't suck, she may have gotten alittle badder, but I wouldn't say she SUCKS.

And about Ice Climbers, thats just YOUR opinion, not the WORLD'S.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
....LOL SYDROME OMEGA SUPREME!!! XD You think the 4th generation starters are cooler!? ...The best generations of Pokemon ever were in Kanto & Johto, and I bet most people would agree. 4th was the least creative. :ohwell:

Jigglypuff dosen't suck, she may have gotten alittle badder, but I wouldn't say she SUCKS.

And about Ice Climbers, thats just YOUR opinion, not the WORLD'S.
this isn't a pokemon thread, don't try to make it one

and when it is in the bottom tier chilling with Gannon and about everyone says it is at least below average, it sucks
and ICs did only have 1 game, it was only OK, and there are others on this thread who said that

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
i know he doesn't suck or anything, but he should be better since he has a learning curve that is bigger than lots of other characters, i'm just saying he should be better for a character with his learning curve, not that he is bad

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
hmm... oh yeah, the 3.5 and 4.5's are those who were alright for some duration, but should no longer be here

1) Pichu: its a smaller and much worse pikachu that has no real place, even in the anime.... i see no point

2) Ice climbers: i never knew who they were... they had 1 game and thats it, a game that was not even popular!

3) Pit: i don't know how popular Kid Icarus was, but his name was certainly not Pit... and he has vanished off the face of the earth until brawl came around. I do not believe such obscure characters deserve a spot in smash, especially ones that don't have any iconic purpose, unlike Mr. Game and Watch

3.5) Jiggs: i am okay with her presence in SSB64 and melee but i think that her time is over now

4) Link clones: do i really need to explain?

4.5) Mr. Game and Watch: how many people remembered this guy? oh right, he wasen't a character until melee... it was alright for melee to recall the first handheld video game ever but he is one of those obscure characters that should not be in brawl.

5) Olimar: oh boy... pikmin... olimar is another obscure, but not as much as some, character... his games are bad and he is the most physically senseless character of them all, on top of an unpopular game series

Top Bottom