• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4th BEST: now with Melee videos

altairian

Smash Lord
Too lazy to do personalized shoutouts, so I'll just say thanks for a fun tourney everyone, it's been a long time since I played smash and it's nice to see the community's still going strong and making driving anywhere from 30 mins to 5 hours just to play video games more than worth it ;D

Someone should let me know when any fests or anything are going on in the Albany area in the time between now and AXS, I feel like I finally actually understand the game, and if I could actually control my character the way I want to I'd not be an embarassment :p
That is of course, assuming I don't get in to the diablo 3 beta. **** smash if I get in to that ;D

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
So humble, Cura. I'm still going to do my shoutouts later because I'm lazy, but here's a sneak preview: I like most of you, not Vibe.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I updated with my guesses at characters. Someone else should fill in the rest. Vote tallies for stages are in the post, too.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
2: Cura :popo: - Almost had me in singles. Was fun teaming with you again. Didn't know about the Mortal Kombat thing too, lol.
3: Vibe :marth: - Nice job getting 3rd. You're steadily improving, keep it up.
4: MetalPat :rob: - Thine hard work hath payeth off. Keep it up, and top 5 could be a regular occurence.
5: TheMauveAvenger :kirby: -Nice meeting you. Hope you have fun in college.
5: TommyGreenShirt :sonic: -Wanted you to get top 3, but there's always next time. There are times you really surprise me.
7: Calm :olimar: :wario: -You whooped Mauve, that surprised me. Keep it up.
9: Alt :pikachu: - Wish we could have talked, glad you were at the tourney.
9: Sharky :yoshi: - Hopefully we can play a little more next tourney
9: Mako :metaknight: :marth: - Didn't see you in a long while. No ness?

Other Troy people (CAC, DE, etc): Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves during the tournament. It was a nice event.

Melee People: Grats to honeybadger, Beta, and Dudu. Glad to see and meet some of you.

Brawl stage voting: 24 votes; legal cutoff = 12
Pokemon Stadium 1 20
Delfino Plaza 18
Halberd 13
Castle Siege 12
Frigate Orpheon 12
Pictochat 9 - wat
Rainbow Cruise 8
Bridge of Eldin 7 - wat
Pirate Ship 7 - Good this was pretty high at least
Pokemon Stadium 2 7

x13mako

Smash Ace
@San: Yay, no Ness (probably should've gone Ness vs Calm but w/e), basically just MK outside of one set vs Vibe.

EDIT: Chris went ZZS and I believe Hannah went Link.

I'm also still confused about who I played against in the Crew Battle XD.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think you played honeybadger, mako.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
1: San - I didn't have the pleasure of being demoralized by your Ike this time.
2: Cura - I do owe you that money match. I was too busy taking money from Pat. It's a shame too because I feel like I'm getting decent at the IC's MU.
3: Vibe - Be thankful I lost to Pat or 3rd place would be mine. Also, I carried you hard in doubles. My Wario is the sort of thing Homer wrote epics about.
4: MetalPat - I can't beat you in tournament, but MM's all day baby. I think I'm 4-0 in money matches against you.
5: TheMauveAvenger - It was nice meeting you. I hope you stay active upstate. I would have liked to Kirby ditto you.
5: TommyGreenShirt - Sonic fits your personality perfectly. I was so streaky in my set against you.
7: Calm - You lost two very winnable sets, but otherwise I love you.
7: CAC - If we teamed we would have taken 1st. Come to club more.
9: Alt - You and Tuna were actually the first people I met in the upstate scene. You came to my apartment one time like 3 years ago. So thanks for getting me into the scene.
9: Sharky - I feel really dirty for how our set turned out. It probably would have gone to game 3 if not for that SD, but I guess that's smash. I'll get gimped by vibe at 20% next tournament to make up for it.
9: DE - Stop playing Brawl- all the time. You'd be pretty good at Brawl if you spent a little more time with it.
9: Mako - I'm now 2-0 against you in tournament. Get at me bro. If you went Ness, I would have cp'd Marth on you if you won a game.
13: Joseph I - I don't know who you are, but if you're from RPI stay active.
13: Gary (appears as Dudutsai in the bracket) - see above
13: Hannah - I believe I talked to you and Chris for a little bit. You seemed like nice people.
13: Chris - see above.

0: Eeveee - Nice seeing you again. Our doubles sets were really, really, really intense. I was stressed out after losers finals.

Nice seeing all the Melee people too. And of course Zandaa for hosting. I'll get the 5th best hype going in a bunch of different threads once the info's posted.

x13mako

Smash Ace
3: Vibe - Be thankful I lost to Pat or 3rd place would be mine. Also, I carried you hard in doubles. My Wario is the sort of thing Homer wrote epics about.
We never did such thing.

9: Mako - I'm now 2-0 against you in tournament. Get at me bro. If you went Ness, I would have cp'd Marth on you if you won a game.
I don't really think you're Marth would gain much ground, Wario would probably be a better choice btw.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
I recorded some. Not enough, i'm gonna make a sign next time.

Some vids are up already, rest will go up tomorrow. My channel is erkekcheddar

:phone:

dudutsai

Smash Lord
What's with these edits? Does ****talk need to be rephrased that much? You guys must not be very confident. I expect better from you, Pat

EDIT: I did this just to be cool like you guys

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I never edit to correct, only edit to add more trash.

edit: im da best

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I will try to upload some videos over the course of the week if I find anything on my wii.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Late shouts:

1: HoneyBadger -- GGs man. your too good for me :) gonna practice falco matchup extra hard

3: Dudutsai -- my dude good good **** this tourny, you needa stop saying your gonna do bad when I know you arent.

4: Cura -- This mans still the doubles master ( fer now >.>) good **** smash prez making dat money in all four events

5: Mana -- tough luck man, cura has a knack for beating people he shouldnt, I know you will rebound in time for axs

5: Kwan -- good matches again kwan, always right down to the wire.

7: Erk --my other dude great stuff dis tourny

7: Zaandaa -- amazingly run tourny zaandaa good ****. also your ****ing good. That set I had almost already counted myself out as lost.

9: Daniel S -- good matchs in teams.

9: Mako -- quit bringing sharky down

9: Sharky -- quit doing bad when I know your good

9: Spamus -- quit getting bracket gayed at every best lol ( good matches regardless)

13: Arcturus -- BRITT WHY YOU LEAVE BEFORE CREWS WE NEEDED YA

17: Pipe -- was very impressed by your play I think you can certainly place higher then this

3: Vibe -- good stuff on third man

TommyGreenShirt doesnt get a shoutout from me.

Frannie: good stuff getting 3rd in teams enter singles next time!

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Best 4 Shoutouts!

Dudu: good job on teams. we WILL play pokemon puzzle league. Please tell me you're going to AXS 3 so we can finally play! I remember playing Tusm, and he beat me pretty soundly. He was doing five block combos in the middle of chains and I guess that's something that comes with practice. Maybe it's like smash where you think you're good, but then you get introduced to a tournament scene and you're really not as skilled as you thought. My skill pool at home wasn't great so we'll see! ... anyway, great job in teams and for beating Kwan :D

Beta: You're getting so much better! I remember when you first started coming to our place and we were all talking about how Beta gets tournament jitters and stuff and now you're melting FACE >:O Also maybe you'll stop Cura from running his mouth so much. :p

Mana: You let Cura beat you. Now look at what you've done :c You owe me silverware!

Cura: Great job in singles and doubles babe, although I know you can do better than that! You almost had San in Brawl from what you told me. sorry that it ended the way it did. Lovee you.

Kwan: I didn't see you much at this tournament but it was nice to say hello!

Zaandaa: Good tournament like always. I wish more people would have stayed for singles. You should have made sure that they did! Good job in teams.

Erk: YO SMASH VAN IS AWESOME. When we went like 80+mph in the van I got scared lol and the fact that you were tired wasn't helping especially when we went into the shoulder once. Good stuff for making it home safely on the long drive :D

San: Even though you say you haven't played in a while, you're skill is still evident! Nana got pretty messed up in the process. Congrats on first in singles and doubles for brawl.

Calm: Our sets were so much fun! I really liked the last ones because they were so close. I see you are working on Wario for teams! I'm not sure if that's always been the case. Be careful with the fart though. Most of the time when you went for it, I remember you doing an empty hop and then letting it rip. I normally foresaw it so make it surprising! You should be placing higher in singles! :p

Vibe: Good job beating people you were supposed to beat. It might be because I don't see Cura do it, but you do a lot of random up smashing that doesn't work all too badly really. Work on that Kirby match up, just in cause Mauve decides to come back. :p Sorry that there weren't as many donuts left as I thought there would be... maybe I'll have some for AXS 3. Who knows!

Sharky: Fun stuff teaming with you. I think we could've had Calm and Vibe the second time around, but overall I think we did great considering my frequency of smashing and your character choice. At least we got our entry fees back for singles :] Congrats on your eating competition! Hurray for free pizza!

MetalPat: I never play you. :p Then again I'm never in singles bracket so that's probably why. I'm really surprised we didn't face you in bracket. Maybe at the next Best, we will.

TGS: You are so silly!! The dancing and random songs. Half the time I'm not really sure of the context, I just see you dancing. In any case, it's a good time. :D Always, always, always fun to see you at a tournament. Try to come to our fests in the future! :D

Alt: You made it! I see that you are showing interest in coming back to the scene. It's not a bad idea considering all the Pikachu mains are inexistent in the community at the moment. You almost had MetalPat that one game I was watching. Almost! Keep up some training. :D

Mako: You know what, I told everyone that you don't look like the kind of person that would trash talk. Then Vibe pointed out during a friendly that the only reason why things went really quiet at the point is because you were trash talking. Vibe is right lol you are always running your mouth. It's hilarious. Also awesome recording all that stuff I like how you got people's expressions following crews. :D

CAC: Friendlies were fun. I hope you make it to AXS 3 and the rest of the events. Your DK isn't bad!

Julian: I appreciate the compliment. Not every person is as bad as they look - be sure to keep that in mind with each tournament you attend!

Spamus: Yeah.. perhaps bracket never goes well for you in Troy :p Hopefully Cura will get to seed next time. I hope Rochester decides to hitch a ride with you next time too - an empty vehicle shouldn't go to waste for transportation! Thank you for always coming out to the fests and eating so many donuts.

Additional comments: Thank you to everyone who came to the fest and who had the donuts.

Thanks for coming out everyone! I hope to see all of you, if not most of you, at AXS 3 or Best 5 at least! Take care!

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Late shouts:

TommyGreenShirt doesnt get a shoutout from me.
It occurs to me that the only melee players I shouted out too are the ones that rode up with me. So here it goes.

1: HoneyBadger :already covered you, but regardless, good job.
2: Jovah Mormont (Beta): Congrats on getting second. It's the hair, no doubt. Also that beard is pretty nice, you and sharky should have a whiskerino (that's a real thing). Sorry I forgot to shoutout to melee
3: Dudutsai: There will be short answer, and an essay. No multiple choice.
4: Cura: You are good at pretty much every game. Also Brawl > MK9
5: Mana:war (see jellyfish)
5: Kwan: Quina (see FFIX)
7: Erk: Where does your name come from? Is it Scottish?
7: Zaandaa: Great tourney! As always I love the venue.
9: Daniel S: I actually don't think I know you... Hello
9: Mako: Are you named after the shark?
9: Sharky: Are you named after the shark?
9: Spamus: I know you're not named after the shark.
13: Seiji: Konichiwa
13: Matt G: Does the G stand for Gangsta?
13: Arcturus: Cool name
13: Kevin Z: Xylephone starts with "X".
17: Pipe: Fancy!
17: Aaron S: Kerchaw!! I'm Lightning McQueen.

TGS: You are so silly!! The dancing and random songs. Half the time I'm not really sure of the context, I just see you dancing. In any case, it's a good time. :D Always, always, always fun to see you at a tournament. Try to come to our fests in the future! :D
There is usually no context, or it's layered real deep, like Inception.

I'll definitely come to fests. When is your next one? You know yet?

Top Bottom