• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V4 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

D

Deleted member

Luigi and Olimar both have weaknesses that are mitigated by player skill. A Luigi who cannot powershield will get walled out, but a Luigi who can, will punish you for taking advantage of his traction weakness. Olimar can struggle to land and his aerials lose in trades due to priority, but he can super-armor a hitbox and punish with a smash attack.

There are ways around powershield/whistle, but these options are strong and have been shown to be viable as the top players of these characters get better.
Yes; I could see Luigi and Olimar rise in the future tier list. These two are doing much better in top playing levels than before, because players took time to figure out Luigi and Olimar. People thought Olimar was going to not be viable because of only having three Pikmin instead of six but that was wrong. I also notice that Luigi has a lot of utility compared to other high and mid tiers. Luigi can do so many things with his moves; like his tornado gimping and so on. Elegant is a beast with Luigi by the way. Has Dabuz been using Olimar more recently? The thing is Luigi takes more time to learn as the meta progresses, because of his constant developing as Smash 4 progresses. If you do not understand Luigi fully; you can easily be punished. Olimar sounds tricky to learn but is actually a little bit easy to learn.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
This... Is blatantly false?
How exactly is this false? Good players know how to play around their weaknesses. DK is a giant punching bag that can't land or get off the ledge yet Konga and Hikaru can make it look like disadvantage isn't a issue for them sometimes, S1 and Gackt make a relatively slow character in Ness move really really quickly and tricky to the point his average neutral looks much better than it is. Gluttony takes a really campy character due to his inverse hitboxes and lack of good aggressive buttons and turns him into Captain Falcon.

Weakness mitigation isn't exclusive to a character that's just called being a good player.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Don't know what y'all are on about. Powershielding entirely negates Luigi's problems with traction while shielding. That isn't true with a weakness like lacking throw combos and instead trying for reads off a uthrow.

Solving a problem and coping with it aren't the same thing.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
Power shielding doesn't just help Luigi though, everyone benefits from powershielding. Also Luigi isn't the only character with traction issues (obviously not to the same extent). I get what's being said if you can master PS with Luigi you can approach much better now but the same can be said about any other character.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Of course everyone benefits from powershielding, and of course, every character has weaknesses that can be mitigated by player skill. The point is that this is all a matter of degree.

A Sheik player that can powershield will absolutely see benefit. But, it doesn't change how well she can compete in comparison to how well Luigi can compete with that same skill present.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
While we're talking about Luigi, I asked this awhile ago, but didn't get a answer.

Quick question. I was catching up with some 2gg matches and I saw players footstooling Luigi to escape Elegant's regrab situations. Is the escape method character dependant or damage dependant?

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Footstool is frame 1 but will only cancel landing lag, taunts and grabs. Any other case will get you a phantom footstool and the opponent will not be affected. I might have forgotten one other scenario but that's how it works.

So yeah, it's a frame 1 escape against regrabs for any character

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Luigi players like Elegant have made huge strides, so I don't mean to lessen their achievements, but I think that the current meta has shifted to not so much favor Luigi, but at least make it a little more hospitable.

You might be thinking, "But how can that be when Cloud and Bayo run rampant?" The answer is that it's just less bad for Luigi than it is for others.

The last matchup chart Elegant did was in July, which can be seen below:

Elegant lists both Bayo and Cloud as even, which might be inflating his character, but I take it to mean that the tools that Bayo and Cloud use to dominate others don't really invalidate Luigi's core game plan. Sure, Cloud has a disjoint, but Luigi's fireball lets him approach decently enough, and his high-damage combos and gimping potential are exactly the sorts of things Cloud hates. Bayo has to deal with Luigi's ability to break combos and reverse ladder combos into his own vertical kills. While she's highly mobile, it's not the same as being a dedicated keep-away character.

I'm inclined to argue that the sort of environment that would be hell for Luigi is a meta of dedicated zoners and walls. If you look at Elegant's chart, Luigi's worst matchups are Mega Man, Sheik, ZSS, Mewtwo, and Rosalina. Among the even matchups are Link, Villager, and Rob. It's not enough to be a swordsman or to have disjoints, it's that your core game plan has to be "stay the hell away."

Once upon a time, Sheik was considered top two and was a more common pick. Mega Man was viewed as high tier, if not top tier. Rosalina didn't have to deal with Cloud nearly as much. But it's been a different world, and one where a combo machine that can still approach has more than a fighting chance.

Related topic: People have been talking about how powershielding helps Luigi immensely, but I haven't seen any Mewtwo master power shielding the way the Luigis have. Would Mewtwo with more consistent power shielding be able to take on its biggest threats, or does the worse frame data compared to Luigi make that less of a boost?

D

Deleted member

Luigi players like Elegant have made huge strides, so I don't mean to lessen their achievements, but I think that the current meta has shifted to not so much favor Luigi, but at least make it a little more hospitable.

You might be thinking, "But how can that be when Cloud and Bayo run rampant?" The answer is that it's just less bad for Luigi than it is for others.

The last matchup chart Elegant did was in July, which can be seen below:

Elegant lists both Bayo and Cloud as even, which might be inflating his character, but I take it to mean that the tools that Bayo and Cloud use to dominate others don't really invalidate Luigi's core game plan. Sure, Cloud has a disjoint, but Luigi's fireball lets him approach decently enough, and his high-damage combos and gimping potential are exactly the sorts of things Cloud hates. Bayo has to deal with Luigi's ability to break combos and reverse ladder combos into his own vertical kills. While she's highly mobile, it's not the same as being a dedicated keep-away character.

I'm inclined to argue that the sort of environment that would be hell for Luigi is a meta of dedicated zoners and walls. If you look at Elegant's chart, Luigi's worst matchups are Mega Man, Sheik, ZSS, Mewtwo, and Rosalina. Among the even matchups are Link, Villager, and Rob. It's not enough to be a swordsman or to have disjoints, it's that your core game plan has to be "stay the hell away."

Once upon a time, Sheik was considered top two and was a more common pick. Mega Man was viewed as high tier, if not top tier. Rosalina didn't have to deal with Cloud nearly as much. But it's been a different world, and one where a combo machine that can still approach has more than a fighting chance.

Related topic: People have been talking about how powershielding helps Luigi immensely, but I haven't seen any Mewtwo master power shielding the way the Luigis have. Would Mewtwo with more consistent power shielding be able to take on its biggest threats, or does the worse frame data compared to Luigi make that less of a boost?
I can kind of relate to how Elegant finds Luigi's worst matchups to be Mewtwo and Rosalina. I am curious; is it because Rosalina has the Luma as a protector and annoying to Luigi? Is Mewtwo just too agile for Luigi? I need to learn more but I agree on why Luigi's match ups are weak against Mewtwo and Rosalina.

Anyways; what characters does better in lower level play? What characters does better in high level play? I think Captain Falcon does better in lower level play while Sheik does better in high level play. It is nice to see Samsora bringing in results that keep Peach in top twenty. Truly inspiring.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The thing about PSing is it's a two way street. You have 3 frames to shield an opponent's attack but that often requires a read because most attacks are too fast to react to. Many things are easy to time PS against like projectiles and landing aerials. Then there's footsies which involve many attacks and feints of varying timing. Multi hit attacks can mess with PSing too. Even at top level players can't consistently PS.

PSing obviously benefits Luigi heavily. I'm just saying he still has some shield push weakness.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
that's what happens when Kamemushi retires and let his twin brother take the reigns smh

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
Just hopped online to see how the game has developed. I have to say: you guys are real gluttons for punishment to have not banned Bayonetta by now. Doesn’t even feel like playing Smash Bros when she’s on the field. This **** is going back in the drawer. See you for Smash 5.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Speaking of Bayonetta, what do you guys think of angling your shield to avoid being shield poked from certain moves? The example I have heard recently was Bayonetta's Witch Twist.

To me it sounds like we talk about shield poking moves as if they are unblockable, yet in-game we have a countermeasure for it that I think is forgotten or I just miss it in action.

Last edited:

MH-Jin

Smash Cadet
Just hopped online to see how the game has developed. I have to say: you guys are real gluttons for punishment to have not banned Bayonetta by now. Doesn’t even feel like playing Smash Bros when she’s on the field. This **** is going back in the drawer. See you for Smash 5.
Why would we have banned Bayonetta when she's not always populating top 8s or winning 90 percent of majors? She has clear weaknesses and a lot of the top players are great at battling her. She may have some different mechanics than other characters, but that's part of being good at the matchup.

Speaking of Bayonetta, what do you guys think of angling your shield to avoid being shield poked from certain moves? The example I have heard recently was Bayonetta's Witch Twist.

To me it sounds like we talk about shield poking moves as if they are unblockable, yet in-game we have a countermeasure for it that I think is forgotten or I just miss it in action.
Hmm.. That's interesting. But it's mainly if the shield has been damaged already? If it's a witch twist on full shield..it shouldn't be poked even from directly below. However if angled downward and the shield has been damaged, it should help to block the witch twist rather than shielding in default position if I remember correctly. The main issue I would also see with this is if you can do on reaction to the attack.

Do you have an example of a game where a player used shield angling with a damaged shield?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
let's start off 2018 with a solemn ragepost built on eight months of rage towards people with this mindset

I've tried for some time to write-up responses to the "Ban Bayo" crowd and I just never can get in quite right, because the Smash 4 community at its core has a lot of very young people in it with very immature mindsets that just default to the panic option of "RED ALERT RED ALERT ban pls" when some adversity rolls up in the meta game, and this is based entirely on the bizarre mythos of Brawl Meta Knight where Smash 4 players seem in equal parts utterly terrified of repeating that Brawl Saga but also seem blissfully unaware of how many steps were taken to scale that character back.

You've been around for quite a while, so I can't really speak for why you've gone into this mindset, but it really has led to no positive outcomes and never will lead to positive outcomes because it just leads everybody to first and foremost assume that Bayonetta is a character that is to blame for everything, including waning character diversity.

In fact, it's at the point where - having been on reddit a while, people even seem to blame the increasingly centralized metagame on Bayonetta & to a lesser extent Cloud, without realizing the obvious fact that Smash 4 is not, has never been, and never will be balanced, and the fact that the game was always going to rush towards the meta centralizing central point. Diddy, Fox, and Rosa would probably dominate the game and people would default to

A: Whining about Luma like we did in the 3DS days and calling for some sort of policy or solution to that, because why the **** should I learn anti-Luma play when I can whine on Smashboards about how stupid jab is
B: Whining about how stupid Diddy and Fox's optimized vortexes are, how stupid their kill confirms/setups are, etc.

Smash 4 is reasonably balanced enough to where you could expect a character in the upper half of the cast to win a major, but a magical man is not going to descend, pick Greninja, and bop everybody at GENESIS 5561464, what's going to happen is an existing person who decided to put their time into a non-Bayo character (e.g. 90% of top players) will go on a really good run that probably has a tinge of bracket luck. Elegant and Tsu both very nearly did this.

Which leads me to another big point: The anti-Bayo crowd lavishes in completely diminishing the accomplishments and achievements of every Bayonetta player, so even when only 10% of the actual top player crowd even runs this hentai BDSM fantasy character, people still find a way to say "lul they used Bayo it could happen to anybody" ignoring the dumpster fire of Bayonetta players who never did anything important ever, which further dilutes the narrative that the character is somehow trashing the game.

I legit feel bad for players like tyroy who legit did nothing to deserve the vitriol he gets - played top tiers since the game came out, always did well in his region, and then the Midwest gets national exposure in 2016 with the Midwest Mayhem events and Bayo comes out and he takes sets off of top players and the narrative shifts to "omfg carried LUL" because this community makes me want to take an axe to my Wii U about 30% of the time and needs to grow the **** up.

Here's the Ban Bayo constitution in full, based on what I've read:

"We need to ban Bayonetta because a small portion of a larger community of players use her, the generally agreed upon best character by no massive margin, to success, with significant success being limited to an even smaller portion of those Bayonetta players, and absolute success being limited to one person who mains the character.

Also, she's annoying to play against, but if she was gone and we had to deal with Sonic and Luma more often, we totally wouldn't diminish or call for bans there, even though we're probably the same crowd that venomously **** on Manny and Dabuz for like a year and a half until aforementioned BDSM hentai witch entered the game."

I'm just trying to imagine a universe where Crush, SFAT, Lucky, Leffen, Mang0, and the general legion of Fox players are just **** on perpetually by a crowd of people whining about how overtuned Fox is with their accomplishments perpetually demeaned because people just can't handle a character being #1 because it breaks their fantasies of a Roy player winning GENESIS 5. It's about as reasonable as people implying Salem is carried because armchair professionals reason that he's "not quite as good" as the rest of Sm4sh's top 5 because "Bayo carries him just enough" (actual reddit comment after Boot Camp smh)

I think I'm okay now but the lesson to take away from my angry rant is that Bayonetta shouldn't be banned because the meta/data don't support it and people are clinging to weird fantasies about Sm4sh in order to build their hatred for her. She's boring to watch but honestly every Smash game has some boring **** to watch so, whaddaya do?

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just as a small appendix to this Bayonetta rant, a quote by Sirlin (who most of you should already know about, if not, consider reading his book):

Sirlin said:
The world is full of players who think everything under the sun should be banned. The scrub believes that any tactic or maneuver that beats him should be labeled “cheap” and consequently banned. In actuality, very little ever needs to be banned.

[...]

Only in the most extreme, rare cases should something be banned because it is “too good.” This will be the most common type of ban requested by players, and almost all of their requests will be foolish. Banning a tactic simply because it is “the best” isn’t even warranted. That only reduces the game to all the “second best” tactics, which isn’t necessarily any better of a game than the original game. In fact, it’s often worse!
:196:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
NOVEMBER DATA WRITE-UP

December data write-up coming in the next day. Just getting this out of the way since I missed it!

Monthly character movements:

Other +0.9%
Marth +0.5%
Cloud +0.4%
Donkey Kong +0.4%
Peach +0.3%
Sheik +0.2%
Lucina +0.2%
Pikachu +0.2%
Yoshi +0.2%
Diddy Kong +0.1%
R.O.B. +0.1%
Mega Man +0.1%
Corrin +0.1%
Shulk +0.1%

Sonic = 5.8%
Zero Suit Samus = 3.6%
Meta Knight = 2.2%
Villager = 0.8%
Olimar = 0.7%

Mewtwo -0.1%
Samus -0.1%
Captain Falcon -0.1%
Toon Link -0.1%
Greninja -0.1%
Ryu -0.3%
Rosalina & Luma -0.3%
Ness -0.4%
Luigi -0.4%
Bayonetta -0.5%
Mario -0.6%
Fox -0.8%

Bayonetta: 505.5
Cloud: 494.25
Diddy Kong: 399.75
Sheik: 342
Fox: 288
Sonic: 284
Mario: 213.25
Zero Suit Samus: 174.5
Rosalina & Luma: 166
Mewtwo: 161.75
Ryu: 135.25
Captain Falcon: 126.75
Meta Knight: 108.75
Greninja: 93.25
Corrin: 87
Pikachu: 86.5
Peach: 85.25
Marth: 79.75
Luigi: 79.25
Donkey Kong: 76.5
Ness: 76
Toon Link: 65.75
R.O.B.: 59.25
Lucina: 59
Mega Man: 49.5
Shulk: 41.5
Samus: 39
Villager: 39
Yoshi: 38
Lucario: 33.25
Lucas: 33
Bowser: 32.5
Olimar: 32
Mr. Game & Watch: 32
Ike: 31
Roy: 30.75
Wario: 24
Link: 20.5
Little Mac: 19.5
Wii Fit Trainer: 18.5
Charizard: 17
Duck Hunt: 16
Pit: 15.5
Robin: 14.5
Falco: 13.5
King Dedede: 9.5
Ganondorf: 6
Palutena: 5.5
Bowser Jr.: 4
Dark Pit: 4
Zelda: 3.5
Kirby: 2.5
Dr. Mario: 1.5
Pac-Man: 1
Mii Gunner: 1
Jigglypuff: 0.25

Results Thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/tournament-placing-database-scoring-project.437773/

Methodology: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jks0EtmeNemKsm2rXzYf8RB3D43-Ru23ypx_DOnQPDY/edit#

Previous Month: https://smashboards.com/threads/4br...nsight-analysis.445990/page-215#post-21870780

Phase 6 retrospective coming soon & whatnot, this month will be busy data-wise!

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
M MH-Jin

I have no example, but you can angle your shield when damaged to cover your openings. I think that is why and when a player would want to angle their shield.

-

I agree with Das Koopa's post minus the strong language.

I have an example of the above Sirlin quote that I experienced in high-school.

Summary: There was a game club, where every win gave points. I fought one kid in S4 using Mii Gunner and won by tanking a hit with the first half of Cannon Uppercut and killed him with the 2nd half of the move. The kid complained to the person in charge and I got half points for my win.

It sucks to me that we have to keep revisiting the same topics regarding Bayonetta, Cloud, Ryu, Rosalina & Luma, Small Mii Brawler, and possibly others depending on what players define as cheap.

Besides Tekken 7, the Street Fighter 5 community recently had their fair share of this when players and websites called foul on Menard's win at Capcom Cup 2017 vs Tokido.

I also agree with what Das Koopa said about Smash 4 being balanced. I think the community uses that as a blanket statement for the variety of characters they see on stream at tournaments. Yet whenever something cheap or hype happens, the blanket gets thrown off for a while before getting put back on again.

Maybe this problem will never get solved by our community or any FGC community. At least what I can do is take the character that I main, find tools for them vs the problematic character(s), take notes, watch VODS when I can, practice, try and fail and try again. No excuses for me at least.

To my knowledge all the complaining is falling on deaf ears except for Mii Fighters, you guys won that battle (just remembered that Bayonetta and others got patched but our community still complains; to be honest, I was fine with them pre-patch).

That's all.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Hey Das Koopa Das Koopa , is there data on character usage or a breakdown of percentage usage vs placing or points? It would be interesting to track usage trends over time or say, post tournament results or something. Apologies if you already have that data in there.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
let's start off 2018 with a solemn ragepost built on eight months of rage towards people with this mindset

I've tried for some time to write-up responses to the "Ban Bayo" crowd and I just never can get in quite right, because the Smash 4 community at its core has a lot of very young people in it with very immature mindsets that just default to the panic option of "RED ALERT RED ALERT ban pls" when some adversity rolls up in the meta game, and this is based entirely on the bizarre mythos of Brawl Meta Knight where Smash 4 players seem in equal parts utterly terrified of repeating that Brawl Saga but also seem blissfully unaware of how many steps were taken to scale that character back.

You've been around for quite a while, so I can't really speak for why you've gone into this mindset, but it really has led to no positive outcomes and never will lead to positive outcomes because it just leads everybody to first and foremost assume that Bayonetta is a character that is to blame for everything, including waning character diversity.

In fact, it's at the point where - having been on reddit a while, people even seem to blame the increasingly centralized metagame on Bayonetta & to a lesser extent Cloud, without realizing the obvious fact that Smash 4 is not, has never been, and never will be balanced, and the fact that the game was always going to rush towards the meta centralizing central point. Diddy, Fox, and Rosa would probably dominate the game and people would default to

A: Whining about Luma like we did in the 3DS days and calling for some sort of policy or solution to that, because why the **** should I learn anti-Luma play when I can whine on Smashboards about how stupid jab is
B: Whining about how stupid Diddy and Fox's optimized vortexes are, how stupid their kill confirms/setups are, etc.

Smash 4 is reasonably balanced enough to where you could expect a character in the upper half of the cast to win a major, but a magical man is not going to descend, pick Greninja, and bop everybody at GENESIS 5561464, what's going to happen is an existing person who decided to put their time into a non-Bayo character (e.g. 90% of top players) will go on a really good run that probably has a tinge of bracket luck. Elegant and Tsu both very nearly did this.

Which leads me to another big point: The anti-Bayo crowd lavishes in completely diminishing the accomplishments and achievements of every Bayonetta player, so even when only 10% of the actual top player crowd even runs this hentai BDSM fantasy character, people still find a way to say "lul they used Bayo it could happen to anybody" ignoring the dumpster fire of Bayonetta players who never did anything important ever, which further dilutes the narrative that the character is somehow trashing the game.

I legit feel bad for players like tyroy who legit did nothing to deserve the vitriol he gets - played top tiers since the game came out, always did well in his region, and then the Midwest gets national exposure in 2016 with the Midwest Mayhem events and Bayo comes out and he takes sets off of top players and the narrative shifts to "omfg carried LUL" because this community makes me want to take an axe to my Wii U about 30% of the time and needs to grow the **** up.

Here's the Ban Bayo constitution in full, based on what I've read:

"We need to ban Bayonetta because a small portion of a larger community of players use her, the generally agreed upon best character by no massive margin, to success, with significant success being limited to an even smaller portion of those Bayonetta players, and absolute success being limited to one person who mains the character.

Also, she's annoying to play against, but if she was gone and we had to deal with Sonic and Luma more often, we totally wouldn't diminish or call for bans there, even though we're probably the same crowd that venomously **** on Manny and Dabuz for like a year and a half until aforementioned BDSM hentai witch entered the game."

I'm just trying to imagine a universe where Crush, SFAT, Lucky, Leffen, Mang0, and the general legion of Fox players are just **** on perpetually by a crowd of people whining about how overtuned Fox is with their accomplishments perpetually demeaned because people just can't handle a character being #1 because it breaks their fantasies of a Roy player winning GENESIS 5. It's about as reasonable as people implying Salem is carried because armchair professionals reason that he's "not quite as good" as the rest of Sm4sh's top 5 because "Bayo carries him just enough" (actual reddit comment after Boot Camp smh)

I think I'm okay now but the lesson to take away from my angry rant is that Bayonetta shouldn't be banned because the meta/data don't support it and people are clinging to weird fantasies about Sm4sh in order to build their hatred for her. She's boring to watch but honestly every Smash game has some boring **** to watch so, whaddaya do?
LOL triggered much? I’m not saying ban her. I was there for Brawl. There is literally nothing that would make you ban a character. If you love getting beat by that stuff, more power to you. You are the self-proclaimed authority on tournament data and therefore balance, right? I just think it’s funny that you didn’t learn from Brawl and pissed away another otherwise competitive game because your egos are so huge you actually think it makes you better players. Then you wonder why you can’t catch Melee or even grow the community. Seriously, there’s like twenty of you here. A lot of the character boards haven’t had activity in weeks or even months. Sad!

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
2 things I want to point out: long term results continue to place Fox and Sonic>Rosalina supporting my claim of Fox and Sonic being 5th and 6th, and :4yoshi:'s ranked above :4link: again. These have been consistent trends for a long time.

I agree Yoshi has a lot of flaws but so do other mid tiers. People tend to focus on Yoshi being bad and downplay other characters' weaknesses.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
LOL triggered much?
sure

I’m not saying ban her.
You made a post implying she ruined the game and wondered why she wasn't banned yet

you clearly were implying that she should be banned

If you love getting beat by that stuff, more power to you.
I like playing smash

You are the self-proclaimed authority on tournament data and therefore balance, right?
no, anybody can look at the top 50 character composition from the PGRv3 (and v4 by mid-month) and look at MIOM's 2017 Summer top 50 and make the exact same conclusion about her not being prevalent enough to have ruined the game

She's not as prominent in Smash 4 as Fox is Melee yet I don't see people calling for a Fox ban

I haven’t been to tournament since the month after she was out. Playing better games.
Then why even pop in with stupid statements

You preemptively jumped ship over a character that never dominated the meta and then come back and say we're gluttons for punishment because we play a fighting game with a somewhat overpowered top tier.

What would I know, I’m just a mid-tier scrub.
absolutely

I just think it’s funny that you didn’t learn from Brawl and pissed away another otherwise competitive game because your egos are so huge.

yeah sure mk and bayo are totally comparable

okay so if you're going to imply that Brawl has gone the way of Smash 4 and use Bayo are a reference point, you're obviously talking about Meta Knight, to which your argument falls apart, because

A: Meta Knight was may more dominant that Bayo is right now

B: The character composition between titles is nowhere near Bayo's favor

Smash 4 Top 50: :4bayonetta: x8 (Lima, tyroy, Salem, Mistake, Zack, 9B, JK, + Tweek secondary) *using both OR and PGR otherwise 9B is excluding without OR, bringing the number to x7 with 9B X-factored top 50.

Melee Top 50: :foxmelee: x21

Brawl Top 50: :metaknight: x16 (x8 in top 15, x4 in top 5)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Seriously, there’s like twenty of you here. A lot of the character boards haven’t had activity in weeks or even months. Sad!
because most people are on reddit/twitter/facebook groups and have moved away from Smashboards

Not sure if you're aware of that. Most character resources exist in Discords, public discussion is largely on reddit where thousands are active, etc. I'm not sure why you're bringing Melee up when it's not much more active here either and has, too, also moved to reddit

Traditional forums across the board are not as popular as they used to be, but if we were using Smashboards as a metric for game popularity, you'd say Melee is just about as dead. But that'd be silly, Melee, like Smash 4, just has its largest community on other websites.

I'd ask why you have a knack for perpetually being wrong but this is what happens when you come back after nearly two years and make a bunch of declarative statements about a community without doing any research

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I agree, there's no comparing Brawl :metaknight: to Bayo or any other character in smash history. In Brawl we banned several stages (RC, Norfair early on, Brinstar, Delfino, region dependent) and made multiple rules just to limit MK (no infinite cape glitch, ledge grab limit). We really should have banned MK; he completely invalidated the CP system because he won every MU and destroyed on several stages. I could go on for pages about how OP MK was. Brawl's entire metagame ended up focusing on limiting the opponent's options.

I might be a mid-level player but I understand top level play and have played some of the best in the world. It's a rude awakening when you can take stocks off the local MK with Link then play Zero's brawl MK and get 3 stocked on FD in under 2 minutes, when desperately trying to camp. But those were really good learning experiences.

Now in SSB4 I can't see :4bayonetta2:'s ban justified. She has several even MUs, possible a loss, doesn't dominate results although she is top 3, and she doesn't change how we must setup and play the game. Bayo doesn't destroy on certain stages (inB4 Lylat, it's not that bad). She's a top character but not broken and there's a difference.

On the same note, :4cloud:'s simply not oppressive enough to ban in doubles, which does have a better case than banning Bayo in singles. Cloud's the best but he doesn't break the game or invalidate other characters. He merely outclasses them.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Das Koopa Das Koopa not that I don't agree with the things you are saying in the discussion, but I really cannot help but get the feeling you are replying to a troll, or someone who really doesn't know any better and doesn't care to know.
Just the content of his first message made me feel that, but then "LOL triggered much?" gives me a vibe it definitely is.

The thing is, as much as this admittedly seems to happen a lot in our game, bad sports that try to blame everything in the game for their losses by calling it cheap, overpowered or for a ban are in every game. If any of you ever played more casual Street Fighter with one of these bad sports, you're probably no stranger to hearing complaints that grabbing is unfair, or that combos are cheap. Wasn't there even that infamous story back in the Brawl days that we all meme about nowadays of a really small scene that banned a bunch of characters (including some Low Tiers) and Edgeguarding because the characters were annoying to fight and Edgeguarding is "unsportsmanlike" because you are supposed to give a chance to the your opponent a chance to come back to the stage always to have a fair fight?
I think this happens because people have aversion to fighting what's different from what they're used to. Bayonetta is probably the best character and she's very hard to fight against. To people who don't know the MU and get blown up by her everytime, it might even give the vibe that she's way better than she actually is (which could be why so many were surprised when Leo beat Salem so handily with Marth, when all he was doing was do the things I always told people to do in the Marth vs. Bayo MU). It kind of comes down to this, I feel:

As unbalanced and unfair as Smash 4 is, if anyone here wants to take this game seriously, you're gonna have to learn sooner than later to adapt to the many oddities that the game offers. Discussion is healthy, but just complaining/whining about it is not a good mentality to have for anything in life.
I don't like Lylat. Instead of just screaming about it on my Twitter every day and every tournament, long ago I dedicated an afternoon to playing just on that stage and then it became as natural as playing everything else. I still in a way support a ban more because I'd like the West to experiment with just having 3 stages (SV, T&C and BF) but that's another subject entirely.
Sure, there is a lot of jank in this game. But there's also a way around every jank. That doesn't justify or make the jank any "fairer", but that doesn't mean it's uncounterable or that you can't learn how to fight against it.

My speech impediments seem to have expanded to writing because I can't do long posts without making a billion typos.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I kind of wish someone would just make a thread for Bayonetta ban discussion so we wouldn't have to see it here. It leads nowhere (since Bayonetta, as of now, likely has less than 1% chance of getting banned) and it's flame-bait and distracts from other discussions that could actually be fruitful. And hey, let's say, for the sake of the argument, that we do end up banning Bayonetta. What would prevent people from going Cloud, Diddy Kong, and Sheik instead? Should we ban those as well? The fact of the matter is, Bayonetta is nowhere near as good or dominant as Pikachu in 64, Fox in Melee, or Meta Knight in Brawl. Of course, I'm not saying that just because they didn't ban we shouldn't either (perhaps they were wrong not to ban those characters). What I'm saying is that the fact that these characters are still allowed shows that the Smash community, as a whole, is reluctant to ban characters. Even if Bayonetta should be banned (which I don't think she should), she probably won't be banned.

Also, while she might not lose any MUs, she does have a few even MUs, and many of her wins are just slight wins. Brawl Meta Knight +2 or +3 most of mid tier, and +1 all of top tier. Melee Fox +2 or +3 most of mid tier and +1 most of top and high tier (with a few even MUs, and a +2 MU vs Captain Falcon). Pikachu... is easily the most broken Smash character of all times, winning 55-45 vs Fox, 60-40 vs Kirby and Mario, and 65-35 or higher vs the rest of the cast (I'm basing this on the official MU chart). In comparison, Bayonetta's MU chart doesn't seem nearly as impressive. Sure, she's still #1, but she's not as dominant as the #1s in the other games.

Anyway, I suppose if I want us to move on from this topic, I should offer some alternate topic. What about Marth/Lucina? The community and the 4BR's perception is that they're top 12 characters (it seems), although the Marth/Lucina seem to be somewhat pessimistic, with MU charts making them seem like barely top 20. Who is right, and why? Do they really lose as many MUs as MkLeo/NAKAT/Mr. E/Gunblade/Pugwest claim?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Discussion of Bayonetta's affect on the metagame is a common topic, and is not banned here.

To that end, feel free to put forth arguments that go beyond her being too good.

This said, this is still not the place for A) ban discussion OR B) low-effort drive-by posts. So please refrain from doing that.

And don't bother responding to low-effort drive-by posts either. If you think you see one, simply hit report.

Thank you~

PURGE THEM LIKE THE

Smash Apprentice
Someone already said it, but mewtwo wants to keep the enemy away in most matchups. Perfect shielding is not as important in that case as outspacing the enemy. Also, luigi absolutely must perfect shield to get in against anyone, but mewtwo can get in with a combination of shadow ball either nuking their shield or making them jump and sheer speed.

As for perfect shielding to make hard matchups easier, diddy kong uses rising forward airs, which is unreactionable, and shielding monkey flip risks the grab. Nothing special there. For cloud, perfect shielding falling back and up air are possibilities, though I doubt they give mewtwo chances for notable punishes since cloud will likely land too far to hit with down tilt's close hitbox. I can't comment on bayonetta or shiek.

Side note: I don't think diddy and cloud are rough matchups because of mewtwo's traction. He just gets blown up espicially hard at the ledge from long lasting hitboxes. Also, limit cloud has no trouble at all getting into mewtwo's space.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Anyway, I suppose if I want us to move on from this topic, I should offer some alternate topic. What about Marth/Lucina? The community and the 4BR's perception is that they're top 12 characters (it seems), although the Marth/Lucina seem to be somewhat pessimistic, with MU charts making them seem like barely top 20. Who is right, and why? Do they really lose as many MUs as MkLeo/NAKAT/Mr. E/Gunblade/Pugwest claim?
Marcina are definitely solid characters, and they do good enough against most characters so they do kind of earn a slightly higher spot like that. However, for Top Tier, their good enough really isn't good enough. I don't know how many of you remember my MU chart for them, but recently I've been talking to some of the more notable Lucina players for my guide and I showed them that MU chart and they seem to agree with a very large portion of it, and when they disagree they usually seem to make it even more pessimistic.
Here's a quick rundown of what Marcina players seem to think of MUs of the more common characters:
:4bayonetta:- Before MKLeo vs. Salem most consider it a slight disadvantage. I always thought of it as Even, and after that set it seems most think so as well. This MU is not going to, anytime soon, be in any way, shape or form, any kind of advantage for Marcina. With a mix of mixing up SDI and using our two main combo breakers (Up Air and Dolphin Slash), you can kind of healthily escape her ladder combos. Bayoneta's Neutral isn't necessarily bad like we sometimes tend to say, however it is kind of not as good as some of the other characaters in Top 15, and it potentially really shows in this MU in specific. It is a bit harder for Bayo to reliably approach us if we're smart with Walking, Shield and Tilts, we still have pretty good Grab rewards against her so if you grab pretty often (like MKLeo did against Salem) you can still get a lot of damage while avoiding Witch Time, and if Bayonetta whiffs a Witch Time, then she's in the risk of getting FSmashed and killed very early. If you play in a way where you get as much as possible out of Advantage State (because she's kind of combo food and Bat Within doesn't tend to help her a whole lot in this MU if she was in a frame trap) and play Neutral in a safe, specific way so as to minimise the amount of times you get unnecessarily caught in Witch Twist and Witch Time, this MU is entirely manageable. The fact that Marcina is one of the characters that can more easily fight her offstage is also, of course, huge. This is mostly a problem with lower level Bayonettas, but if they keep trying to desperately Side Special you into a combo, that's when you can shield it and then DB or DS her OOS. KO Confirms are reasonably lenient on her, and Jab>Dolphin Slash, even without Lucina's exclusive slide, works the best against her.
:4cloud:- This is a mixed bag. Most think it's a slight loss because, at the end of the day, Cloud is basically like better Marcina. Personally, I think this is an even Matchup in Smashville, Town and City and Battlefield while this is slight disadvantage in Lylat, Final Destination and Dreamland. Cloud's movements are too good in Lylat for us to keep up, especially with Limit, FD for Marcina is iffy in general, especially against character with Advantage States as potentially oppressive as Cloud, and Dreamland is, as always for Marcina, Battlefield without any of the things that makes BF good for us. In a way... Everything Cloud does is a potentially better version of everything we can do. Non-Limit Cross Slash is literally Dancing Blade Down if Dancing Blade Down wasn't crazy unreliable, Falling Up Air starts juggles that can cause mad damage, Limit Cloud has such amazing movement far outclassing us and everything he does requires much less of a commit than anything we do. He's better Marcina in every sense of the word. I was talking about this in the Marcina Discord yesterday and it's the sad reality: There's no MU in this game (aside from maybe Pikachu) where going Marcina is a better choice than going Cloud. Despite all of this, I'd still argue this MU is probably Even despite probably not being far from a loss. Neutral, although Cloud is probably better in this regard than us and definitely way better with Limit, is still entirely manageable from our side, and we blow up each other really hard when either of us is in Disadvantage. Cloud is great at juggles and tacking on damage, while Marcina is great at swatting people around in the air, punishing bad whiffs or lack of safety around their shield, doing short combos that deal great damage (of which Cloud is perfect for falling into because he's big, somewhat heavy, potentially fastfaller with Limit and has basically no escape options out of disadvantage aside from Airdodging) and executing kill confirms (of which he's prone to falling into because of the aforementioned reasons. He can even fall into Lucina's SHDB1>Nair 1>FSmash and sometimes even Jab>SHDB1>Nair 1>FSmash, things that hardly work on anyone else, which is a thing that gives certain edge in the MU, although nothing super game changing)
:4diddy:- Same deal as Cloud. Likely Even, closer to slight loss for us. Marcina banks a lot on Neutral, with mixing up movement with Walk, Dash and many kinds of Pivots and aerial drifts to get safer pokes, condition the opponent and bait them into making mistakes so we can extend lead and KO as early as possible. These are the "Marcina things" I mentioned a while ago Marcina needs to do for them to succeed in any matchup. Diddy just blatantly out-neutral us as long as he has Banana, so it's very hard for you to get this going. Marcina also capitalises a lot on catching landings, and the good Diddys are amazing and not letting their landings be caught so easily, so you either need to have a lot of both MU experience and player-vs-player experience (the latter is something you don't have the luxury of when fighting some stranger in a tournament) to know how to catch his landings or resort to catching Monkey Flip instead, which definitely isn't as easy as just "doing it". What definitely potentially saves this MU is our own Banana conversions and keeping Diddy in Disadvantage as long as possible to kill him as early as possible because he's both not too heavy and prone to falling to nearly all of our KO conversions with very high lineancy. Edgeguarding also helps in the MU, but as much as there's a lot of potential in this area for the MU, again, this sadly isn't just as simple as just going there and doing it. Diddys rarely just Up on a straight line to the ledge, and as good as Edgeguarders Marcina are in this game, Edgeguarding in general in this game is very risky, and they have trouble covering certain angles of recoveries (namely, going really low and close to the stage, or just going super low in general) something people who play against Marcina often have grasped very well.
:4fox:- This is yet another MU that's very complicated and is arguably slight loss. Marcina's Disadvantage State against Fox is bad. Very bad. Fox is amazing at juggling, has a 16% Up Air that juggles and kills and Marcina are prone to getting juggled without much option to get out of said juggles. That's already a miserable combination right there. If you go into Disadvantage against a good Fox at mid percents it's likely you will not leave until you're deep into Kill Percent or just dead outright. He's very fast in movement and in frame data, so Neutral is annoying against him, it's easy to get overwhelmed and lose stage control fast, but it's manageable and not nearly as bad as Diddy, Sheik or Limit Cloud. Marcina excels if they have a lead against their opponent so they can force the approach, since they're not very good at approaching themselves. Sure, Marcina is one of those characters that can turn the tides of the game in a second and do amazing comebacks, but that's far from their comfort zone. If Fox wins Neutral once or twice against you, it's hard for you close the gap. Even harder if he has a stock lead, which is not very hard when we potentially get hit for 30-70% every neutral loss and his KO confirms are so lenient on us. But, the saviour in this MU is how much Fox tends to get damaged when he gets in Disadvantage against us. He's even more combo food than Diddy so he also tends to get hit for a lot when he loses Neutral, confirms are even more lineent than on Diddy and KO him way earlier (Intercept Fox Illusion with Jab>DB Forward against Fox KOing him at 80% with either Marth or Lucina, hmmm), and edgeguarding him is often lethal because Illusion and Fire Fox make him a sitting duck for us to just easily swat away. Though it should be of note that because his recovery goes a decent distance and because he has a sex kick, he can also edgeguard us pretty well. Any kind of long lasting hitbox always trades with Dolphin Slash and that trade never ends well for Marcina.
:4sheik:- You can look at this MU, in a sense, as a bit like the Fox MU except the weakness here is potential difficulty at killing rather ease of getting edgeguarded. Playing Neutral against her is difficult, because Speed+Frame Data+Needles. The Needles here make it difficult for you to do the aforementioned Marcina things and might force you to play less to those strengths, and when Marcina can't play to those strengths, they're far more predictable and easy to intercept. In a bit of a similar note to the Mario MU, she can potentially combo us into oblivion - however not a whole lot she does against us is air-tight 100% true, which means Dolphin Slash is almost always an option for us to escape her combos... but Sheiks know this, and missing a Dolphin Slash often ends terribly for us, so it's not like it's a guaranteed, sweet get out of jail free card out of Disadvantage for us, so we can't really use it all the time. Disadvantage against her is terrible, then, Neutral isn't great, and our Advantage against her is really good but not nearly as good as against Diddy or Fox because she has more escape options and not being nearly as heavy (Diddy) or as Fastfalling (Fox) makes some combos not work as great, and kill confirms slightly less lenient. Because it's very hard/borderline impossible to edgeguard Sheik, that's also one of our biggest strengths just, poof, gone, like Sheik teleporting safely back into the ledge. If she mounts a stock lead against us, it's a nightmare. She can just continuously keep us out while we're forced to use our subpar approach options against her, which she can intercept time and time again. The reason this MU is still manageable is if you end up surviving for very long in your first stock. If Sheik starts taking too long to KO you, and you start living to 150+, suddenly all of her options are a whole lot less threatening while yours are stupid at this point thanks to Rage. Marth's tippers start KOing her out of random stray hits anywhere on stage, while Lucina's sword basically becomes a really long tipper. It gets to the point where Sheik getting Back Aired at 70% makes her lose all stage control or just die outright, against either character. Lucina's Slide Jab>Up Tilt starts KOing her at 75-80%, so against Lucina Sheik just can't get Jabbed at all past that percent, since she'll die anywhere on stage. Obviously all of this applies to Fox as well, but Fox very rarely lets us live this much. If Marcina gets the stock lead against her, then this MU gets a whole lot more comfortable. It's arguably more comfortable for Sheik to have a stock lead against Marcina than the opposite, but still. It's something.
:4mario:- I feel like there are a lot of misconceptions about this MU floating around. Is this MU Advantage for Marcina? Arguably yes. Is this in any way guaranteed or easy? No. Mario is definitely fighting a bit of an uphill battle, here, but it's by no means unmanageable to him. I've fought this MU a lot from both sides, and there's a definite way he can fight here. Marcina have a lot of Endlag in all of their moves, even stuff that has no business lagging as much as it does. Mario, then, has to play very movement and bait heavy, trying his best to force a mispaced aerial, a bad landing or to push Marcina to the corner, because he can't really directly fight against them because of his range compared to Marcina's massive range. Marcina's Jab, FTilt, Up Tilt, Fair and RAR Bair go a long way in walling him out, and bad attempts at baiting from Mario will result into him getting PP Jabbed/Pivot FTilted/Pivot DB'd/Pivot Grabbed over and over again, effectively keeping him out. It is hard for him to get in, however once he gets in, he can really hurt Marcina. Like I said with Sheik, a lot of his stuff isn't actually true, which means Marcina can almost always DS out of those combos. A Mario that doesn't know this or doesn't compensate for this properly (Ally tends to fit into this) will have a much harder time tacking on damage against Marcina, making this MU way harder than it should be in the process. However Marcinas are also reluctant to try to DS out of stuff because if it goes wrong, it goes very wrong. If the Mario compensates for it right, by making them not want to DS or by shielding their attempts at it, then he can get some massive damage, almost as much as Fox if not more. Outside of early percents, Mario's combos work very well on Marcina, including potentially lethal footstool combos which Marios recently have been doing a good job at optimising. Mario banks on this advantage state of his to survive this MU. His Disadvantage against Marcina isn't great, and Neutral is a very hard time for him. Sadly, if he doesn't KO them in the advantage state and is forced to play neutral with them at high percents, he starts to struggle once again, as now not only will he have to win neutral again, but now he doesn't get much out of his Advantage anymore, since grabs don't do much. He has to kill with Pivot Back Throw near the edge or an Up Smash - if Marcina plays a much more grounded and shield heavy neutral they're just not getting Up Smashed at all. This does mean they can get grabbed more, but like I said before, he doesn't get much out of Grab at such an elevated percent unless it's Pivot Back Throw for the kill, and if he does something unsafe on Shield he's prone to rough retaliation, like a Jab conversion or worse, Rage FSmash. This is manageable, and very close to even. Far from the blowout some people make it out to be. It's still likely in Marcina's favour even if not by much.
:4sonic:- Pretty much the only universally agreed MU Marcina loses. The "so fast Marcina can't reliably space" problem is taken to a whole new level here. Marcina isn't particularly fast on startup - compared to other swordies, they are - but not really in the grand picture. It's very hard to have stage control against him because of how fast he is in comparison to us and what we can do, and keeping Stage Control is part of the Marcina things they try to achieve, and this is yet another MU where it's hard for them to do this gameplan. He takes very good advantage of our arse disadvantage state, and he can edgeguard us super well (Spring isn't his only tool to edgeguard us, it's just the one most people default to. It's still pretty good at limiting our options). He's similar to Sheik in the sense that he has some things to kill us early and it's hell if he gets a stock lead, but if he doesn't get those things then we can live very long, however the difference here is that it's way harder to ever get anything substantial going against Sonic, considering we hardly have kill confirms on him and he weights way more than Sheik so he dies far more rarely to random stray max rage hits. Marcina has to play way less commital than usual, considering how much we really don't want to have to go to disadvantage against him, and how terrible it is to be down a stock versus him. What makes this MU just bad instead of the worst MU any character in the Top 20 has are his airspeed, landings and disadvantage in general. Sonic has it pretty bad in those 3 areas, and those are the areas Marcina abuses the most. He's very easy for us to intercept when he's in the air, so he has to be really thoughtful about how he's gonna use his jumps. Most of the time Sonic loses Neutral against, a badly thought-out commit to Jump is almost always the reason why. His landings are all pretty predictable and easy to catch, and he doesn't have many ways to escape disadvantage without putting himself in a position where he's easy to intercept in the air or forcing himself to hastily land on the ground, where we can get more damage. Taking advantage of this really goes miles into helping us in the MU. Pugwest and Mr. E are great at taking advantage of these weaknesses when they pop up when they play this MU. Even when they do their absolute best to take advantage of these weaknesses, a lot of times it ends up not being enough. It probably gives perspective of just how bad and grating this MU is sometimes.
:4zss:- I feel like this plays a little bit like the Bayonetta MU with some of the strengths switched around and some different things you need to watch out for. So, Even. Similar to her, we can out-neutral her pretty consistently and get a lot just out of pokes, and our advantage state against her often traps her around in the air getting caught in landings and hit for combos and traps, suffering high damage and then having very high leniency to get hit by our KO confirms because tall frame+fastfaller. I've literally said this to like 4 or 5 of the previous characters I think. Also like Bayonetta, she has a pretty explosive Advantage state where she either kills outright at any percent or at least gets a lot of damage and then puts you in a bad spot. I think what changes here is that the threat of Witch Time and Witch Twist are substituted, respectively, for Paralyser combos out of Neutral B/Down Smash alongside the threat of dying to spikes pretty early thanks to them or the situations they put you in and her own Up B out of Shield which is so strong and often kills even midstage. Unlike Bayonetta, she can also space out a little better thanks to her Zair, which actually does give us a bit of trouble since it reaches so far (I'm not sure but it feels like it reaches farther than any of our moves). She's also much harder to edgeguard because of how great her recovery is and how obscenely dangerous and explosively wrong it can go to challenge it especially if she's during Flip Kick. In a way, I feel like this gives ZSS distinct advantages over Bayonetta in this MU. If anything I'd say this MU is harder than Bayonetta, it's just that we've been fighting ZSS in general way longer than Bayonetta, and some people seem to refuse to properly learn how to fight Bayo, so I'd say the potential for this to be harder is there.

These are the MUs I feel comfortable talking at length about. The rest of the Top 15 MUs I do know, but I can't speak about them in as great detail.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Moving away from the Bayo nonsense, back when the PM metagame thread was more active, someone described Falcon as a living projectile and I was wondering what you guys think of this idea. Granted he was obviously talking about PM Falcon, but since S4 and PM Falcon are pretty similar in gameplay, would it apply to our Falcon as was well?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
LOL triggered much? I’m not saying ban her. I was there for Brawl. There is literally nothing that would make you ban a character. If you love getting beat by that stuff, more power to you. You are the self-proclaimed authority on tournament data and therefore balance, right? I just think it’s funny that you didn’t learn from Brawl and pissed away another otherwise competitive game because your egos are so huge you actually think it makes you better players. Then you wonder why you can’t catch Melee or even grow the community. Seriously, there’s like twenty of you here. A lot of the character boards haven’t had activity in weeks or even months. Sad!
Somebody ban this clown, please.

His idiocy offends me.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Do you guys think Limit Cloud's buffs are useful barring special moves? What new tactics become available?

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Somebody ban this clown, please.

His idiocy offends me.
Sorry fam, low IQ is not good enough grounds to ban someone.

But I will remind everyone that we are all better off getting our money's worth out of that IGNORE button instead of constantly lecturing these people. Don't be ashamed, just click it.

:150:

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Do you guys think Limit Cloud's buffs are useful barring special moves? What new tactics become available?
Limit Cloud has ridicolous stats all-around. I don't know about specific techs but I think some follow-ups become true or at least they are true combos for longer.
Also, he has basically Fox's dash speed and more than Yoshi's air speed with Sheik's shorthop. Combine this with his aerials and you can easily see how busted Limit can be. Moreover, he can simply recover 90% of the time without using his upb because of his absurd aerial drift.

Top Bottom