• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v2.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Crews:

Kie :4peach: takes 3 stocks from Marss :4zss: and 2 stocks from Tweek :4cloud2:.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Kie vs East Coast - Lord, Kie's Peach was gross. He didn't seem as Peach-specific movement heavy as your typical Peach, but his punish game was on point.

Anti vs Shogun - shogun started out with the right idea, with his movement just out of Anti's range, reminiscent of Nakat vs Ally, but started approaching too much from the air. Possibly out of pressure from anti? Too bad.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
ANTi utterly destroying Japan right now

They were wildcarding hard with Kie but the lead has totally evaporated

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Aba vs anti - can Anti get in? Shadow ball and dtilt is so effective. But Anti's approaches are pretty slick. And his reads are... Anti-esque. Aba just couldn't counter it quickly enough. 7-6 East Coast

Kameme vs anti - can mega man get through fire anti Mario? Well, given that kameme basically needs one key read, he just needs a little. And a shoryuken read will do it, even with anti pushing hard. 6-6 tied up

sedrf

Smash Journeyman
bayo is top 20 maybe top 15 after the nerfs-esam

I kid,but good for kame

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
OH MY GOD HGNJTJRTJ

THAT CREWS ENDING

Japan wins by a stock

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Salem vs kameme - kameme's DI on point it seems. Catching Salem with Uairs when he misses. Or Bairs for a stock. I'm not sure how the mega man-Bayo MU is, but it doesn't look super fun for bayo. Or maybe just Salem. JK, Salem adapts like a god. And then gets greedy and gets caught by a bair.
4-3 Japan.

Nairo vs kameme - Nairos in his zone. Kameme just got lightly torched. 3-3 tied.

Komo vs Nairo - will nairo pull Lucina? I doubt it. I know Komo loves lylat, but it's Nairos ZSS. But komo makes up an early death with two good LCS reads and take the lead. Nairos shook a little and missing some of his follow ups. But he regained his composure... and nearly makes a complete comeback. But komo climclutches it. And Japan does it!

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
East Coast already getting knocked out seems like an upset to every player involved with the exception of ANTi, lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kie is an incredible player, not just "decent". The Diddy players Zinoto and Zero are the only people that I can't imagine him standing much of a chance against. Everybody else is manageable for him.

And let's not forget that the japanese are traditionally very strong when it comes to crewbattles even though by names EC and WC have the stronger teams this time around.
Where may I pick up my bragging licence?

:059:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Amazing clutch by Komo, it takes the determination of a pro smasher to lose their stock so early and yet bring it back especially against someone like Nairo.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
Why did East Coast and Japan fight so early though? They were literally the two strongest teams lmao

ThePokéYoshi

Smash Cadet
Lol at Arc getting an interview for beating Dath when he SD'd 3 times because of his controller (!) (Not Arc's fault obviously, but still) and then he apparently even popped off.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
He uses Corrin (But note that Dath SDed 3 times is what i've heard) but like he said we take those lol.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
East Coast had the stronger team until Dabuz dropped so now West Coast is likely the favorite. I'd think so, anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Peeking into what little we can tell about Pools Phase 2 yet:

- Pool J201 has Ally and Mr E. in it. They did play sometime recently where Ally had to pull quite the comeback, didn't they?

- Pool J205 looks very unpredicatble with Saj, Z, Ryuga, Seagull Joe, Sodrek and Kels all likely perform on a similar level. Only 4 people will make it to top 32, there's still one or two slots left for the absolute top level players and Z is also in this pool.

- Pool J209 looks pretty set with Abadango and Mr R being the favorites to make it into winners top 32 and Ksev into losers. Upsets always happen and there's still plently of slots left though.

- Pool J213 has Salem and dabuz in it which seems suspiciously early for a set like that. That's like GF material.

- Pool K205 may have Nairo opt to pick Lucina if he has to face Zinoto.

- Pool K209 looks like Diddyland with Zero, JJRockets and MVD in it

- Pool K213 has a bunch of interesting players face off with Kameme, Reflex and Dath all using uncommon characters.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So that one pool with dabuz and Salem in it?

It also has RichBrown and NAKAT in it as well now.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
So that one pool with dabuz and Salem in it?

It also has RichBrown and NAKAT in it as well now.

If I'd have to make a modest prediction, Salem will probably go to Losers early on in Top 32. He hasn't been as consistent as I'd expect insofar and how he handles Dabuz is a question mark considering their last encounter was not in his favor. That said I can see him do a pretty long runback from the Losers bracket.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Excuse me for my ignorance but what is seeding? Hear it a lot here.
When you organize sports/tournaments etc. you often want the perceived best players to not meet up until late in the tournament. That process is referred to as seeding. It helps prevent Top 8-level matches taking place as early as tournaments begin. You wouldn't want players like say, Ally or ZeRo to meet up as soon as the tournament begins, and have some lucky dude coast off of a poorly seeded bracket. It also creates a more even playing field in determining who the best players are.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
When you organize sports/tournaments etc. you often want the perceived best players to not meet up until late in the tournament. That process is referred to as seeding. It helps prevent Top 8-level matches take place as early as tournaments begin. You wouldn't want players like say, Ally or ZeRo to meet up as soon as the tournament begins, and have some lucky dude coast off of a poorly seeded bracket. It also creates a more even playing field in determining who the best players are.
Oh, I see. Then the last tournament I attended was a joke, I got pitched against 3 of the PR in my pool and other pools didn't have pros at all...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom