• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v2.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbatim

Smash Ace
You are missing the point. If Smash 4's tier gap is truly significantly smaller than in previous games, top players shouldn't be limited to picking top tiers to succeed at the highest level.
Compared to previous games Smash 4 does have a much smaller gap. Two mid tiers (Villager and Megaman) took 2nd at two of the biggest Smash 4 tournaments ever (Genesis 3, EVO 2016). Melee has had nothing comparable in the more than 10 years that it has been out.

Smash 4 has had multiple characters jump up from mid to high or top tier in public perception on the backs of individual players who have preformed well on the global stage:

Abadango: M2
MKLeo: MK
Ranai: Villager
Hyuga: Toon Link
Kameme: Megaman
Earth: Pit

Ever heard of Ultra Street Fighter 4? Mid tier character players would regularly make top 8s, sometimes even win huge events for the game. THAT's what a balanced game actually looks like.
What tierlist are you using for USF4? Almost every one I can find has top tier = 2-3 characters tops. If we applied that logic to Smash this would have happened at every super major in 2014-2016.

The fact that Smash 4 has so many top tiers is indicative of better balance as a whole.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
DAT Blastzone 17 (UK, 96 entrants)
https://smash.gg/tournament/dat-blastzone-17/events/wii-u-singles/brackets/88726

1. IxisNaugus :4sonic:
2. Afro Smash :4samus:
3. Ho :4sheik::4bayonetta2:
4. Homika :rosalina:
5. Aperture :4sonic:
5. J Miller :4luigi:
7. Elexiao :4greninja::4pacman:
7. SevereCalamari :4sheik::4lucario:
9. Le Goat :4greninja:
9. PlasticPoptart :4marth:
9. Lucretio :4rob:
9. Skarfelt :4fox:
13. FROG :4corrinf::4pikachu:
13. PidgeY :4yoshi:
13. SilentDoom :4charizard:
13. Luigimitsu :4villager:

Great showing of Samus from Afro Smash, kinda disappointing showing from Elexiao losing to Aperture and J Miller, but not too bad of losses.

EDIT: Shoutout to Tetra-96's Twitter for the characters
Elexiao losing to Luigi sucks, but it's real nice to see my man SEXY GOAT come out the cut! 9th place besides an Elexiao 7th place is not bad.

:150:

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
Compared to previous games Smash 4 does have a much smaller gap. Two mid tiers (Villager and Megaman) took 2nd at two of the biggest Smash 4 tournaments ever (Genesis 3, EVO 2016). Melee has had nothing comparable in the more than 10 years that it has been out.

What tierlist are you using for USF4? Almost every one I can find has top tier = 2-3 characters tops. If we applied that logic to Smash this would have happened at every super major in 2014-2016.

Again, people are calling Sm4sh's diversity better than the other smash games, who have far more egregious examples than Cloud.
Even if you took the top 10 in USF4 and stated all those were top tier, you'd still have way more high-mid tier characters consistently making top 8s at the biggest events. The game still had some polarizing top tiers but regardless, it had way more diversity in top 8s than Smash 4 probably ever will, it's not close.

Megaman is considered high tier last I checked, not mid. The same goes for Villager. Even if you wanted to include them that's two outliers out of several majors who were entirely composed of top/high tier characters.

Cloud is as bad as it gets. Melee is actually more balanced in doubles, sometimes doubles teams will take it all that don't use Fox (Armada/M2K). Smash 4 doubles is on the level of Brawl now, much like how a winning team almost always needed MK at majors.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You are missing the point. If Smash 4's tier gap is truly significantly smaller than in previous games, top players shouldn't be limited to picking top tiers to succeed at the highest level.

Ever heard of Ultra Street Fighter 4? Mid tier character players would regularly make top 8s, sometimes even win huge events for the game. THAT's what a balanced game actually looks like.

In Smash 4 it might happen once a blue moon. But more often than not top 8 of any given national is exclusively top tiers with maybe one or two high tiers sneaking in but that's about it.

Doubles is worse. I can think of only one major in recent times that wasn't won by a team including Cloud. Most of the time grand finals consist of teams with at least one Cloud on both sides.
I stand by my point. I never said they were limited to picking top tiers. But they do. That's my point.

ANTi's Charizard
Nairo's Bowser & Doctor Mario

They've proven to be good picks in serious matches. Top tiers have better MU spreads... because they're top tier. So they main those instead.

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
I stand by my point. I never said they were limited to picking top tiers. But they do. That's my point.

ANTi's Charizard
Nairo's Bowser & Doctor Mario

They've proven to be good picks in serious matches. Top tiers have better MU spreads... because they're top tier. So they main those instead.
Anti's Charizard has won nothing. Everytime he's tried him, he's lost. He had a close set with Komo, that was pretty much it.

Nairo is a lot more successful with his picks but like you said top tiers in this game have significantly better matchup spreads, which again is no different from previous Smash games. In Melee you also historically and even now had pockets that did well. But you wouldn't call Melee balanced because Armada used Young Link, a low-mid tier successfully for one set to win a major would you? Even though that's still way more than can be said about anyone in this game.

That's not the point. I'm talking about solo mid tier heros that can make top 8s at the biggest events. If Smash 4 does not have this, it's no better balanced than previous Smash games overall.

Sure low tiers might be slightly more usable than before (and even then I'd highly debate it, Brawl Zelda>>>>>>>>Smash 4 Zelda), but who cares? It's irrelevant in the Grand Scheme of things where only top/high tiers matter like always.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Anti's Charizard has won nothing. Everytime he's tried him, he's lost. He had a close set with Komo, that was pretty much it.

Nairo is a lot more successful with his picks but like you said top tiers in this game have significantly better matchup spreads, which again is no different from previous Smash games. In Melee you also historically and even now had pockets that did well. But you wouldn't call Melee balanced because Armada used Young Link successfully for one set would you?

That's not the point. I'm talking about solo mid tier heros that can make top 8s at the biggest events. If Smash 4 does not have this, it's no better balanced than previous Smash games overall.

Sure low tiers might be slightly more usable than before (and even then I'd highly debate, Brawl Zelda>>>>>>>>Smash 4 Zelda), but who cares? It's irrelevant in the Grand Scheme of things where only top/high tiers matter like always.
I mean, we've seen his Charizard like, twice.

And... that's how top tiers work in every game ever. That's kinda why they're top tier.

Furthermore, Smash 4 does have this. Again, Abadango used to top 8 with Pacman and Wario. He now mains Mewtwo. Most mid-tier or lower characters do not have top level players behind them. Top players choose top tiers. This does not mean mid-tier or lower characters can't do anything.

verbatim

Smash Ace
Megaman is considered high tier last I checked, not mid. The same goes for Villager. Even if you wanted to include them that's two outliers out of several majors who were entirely composed of top/high tier characters.
They are considered high tier BECAUSE of highly talented individuals who played the character they wanted to and didn't pick a top tier.

If someone started winning supermajors with roy in melee people would start calling him high tier.

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really appreciate this analyst desk. That insight into the Dabuz/Tyrant MU was interesting. For those that weren't watching, they said that Tyrant admitted he would have lost if Dabuz went Rosa instead of Olimar. Tyrant lost to the Rosa in his region (sorry, I forget the tag... falln?) 3-1 before. And though Dabuz likes to counterpick Olimar for comfort, MK still beats Olimar as well. I think Dabuz might just have a block against MK, tbh. It's not like MK vs Rosa is a good MU by any means, but if other Rosas are doing it, then the best Rosa in the world should be able to do it too. At LEAST until he gets to Mr. R, Komo, Leo, etc.
Underlined portion. You would think. But Falln is bar none the best Rosa in the world at the MK matchup, having practiced it with Ito for as long as he did (still does?). He's also the best at detethered Luma play (better than Dabuz at it), which has a unique niche in the MK matchup. I'm skeptical Dabuz' Rosa vs MK would have done better than his Oli, but maybe it was worth a shot? idk.

Last edited:

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Compared to previous games Smash 4 does have a much smaller gap. Two mid tiers (Villager and Megaman) took 2nd at two of the biggest Smash 4 tournaments ever.
Hasn't MM been considered a top 20 character for the past ~4 months now? It''s also my understanding that Villager is only really held back from being top 15 by Bayonetta and Cloud being introduced.

verbatim

Smash Ace
Top 20 != top tier.

Either way, there is no melee equivalent to players like Ranai or Kamemushi, who single-handidly make people think their character is top or high tier instead of mid or low.

Last edited:

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace

Nairo is a lot more successful with his picks but like you said top tiers in this game have significantly better matchup spreads, which again is no different from previous Smash games. In Melee you also historically and even now had pockets that did well. But you wouldn't call Melee balanced because Armada used Young Link, a low-mid tier successfully for one set to win a major would you? Even though that's still way more than can be said about anyone in this game.

Sure low tiers might be slightly more usable than before (and even then I'd highly debate it, Brawl Zelda>>>>>>>>Smash 4 Zelda), but who cares? It's irrelevant in the Grand Scheme of things where only top/high tiers matter like always.
That's how tiers work though. If the character is able to win often they go up in tier placing and vice versa. If Robin hypothetically just started winning tournaments at Diddy levels then Robin will be top tier. That's just how things work

Smash 4 is balanced a lot better where in the past mid and low tiers almost never got a decent placing I couldn't tell you the last time Melee Link got into a top eight but I can tell you that Smash 4 Samus has popped up on a few top eights recently because Smash 4 is balanced enough overall where the difference between Smash 4 Diddy and Smash 4 Puff is a lot closer then Melee Fox and Melee Kirby.

Now I'm not saying Smash 4 is perfectly balanced quite a few things are quite absurd but not as absurd as what you'd find in Melee or Brawl

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
I would take offense at saying zard hasn't won anything major but the last time I saw him in a placement was #13 and that was with the guy co-maining a cloud....being a character loyalist sucks sometimes.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Even if you took the top 10 in USF4 and stated all those were top tier, you'd still have way more high-mid tier characters consistently making top 8s at the biggest events. The game still had some polarizing top tiers but regardless, it had way more diversity in top 8s than Smash 4 probably ever will, it's not close.

Cloud is as bad as it gets. Melee is actually more balanced in doubles, sometimes doubles teams will take it all that don't use Fox (Armada/M2K). Smash 4 doubles is on the level of Brawl now, much like how a winning team almost always needed MK at majors.
Just worthy note, Taiheita + other JPN player went Lucas/Lucario to beat Zero and Nairo (double Cloud) in Grand Finals at Smash Con. Cloud is one of the best doubles characters but he isn't dominant for that factor alone.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Just worthy note, Taiheita + other JPN player went Lucas/Lucario to beat Zero and Nairo (double Cloud) in Grand Finals at Smash Con. Cloud is one of the best doubles characters but he isn't dominant for that factor alone.
Gomamuygita. Those 2 have been playing that team since Brawl.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Mid tiers statistically do not do well in large tournaments no matter what game it is. Everyone talks about USF4 in here but do I really have to go get the data from the last CPT it was in where like half the roster at most was used and like maybe 1/4th of them did anything relevant, and even more notably the fact that the majority of them were E.Ryu and like, Abel I think? It's not a largely different scenario than this game's usage rates tbh. http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/cptCharacterStats_2015 here they are for those wondering. You'll notice that characters used as dedicated mains are 20 out of the huge roster, 20 were used to place Top 32 at any notable CPT event.

The only games I can think of where a roster majority can do well is Tekken and Virtua Fighter. Both of those games however are VERY VERY carefully designed and restricted (note: not shallow) in what each character can do or has. The movement plane is pretty set, etc. etc.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
lol
TBH6: 2 Clouds (1st, 2nd), 7 Foxes (1st, 3rd-7th)
SSC: 3 Clouds (2nd, 4th, 5th), 8 Foxes (1st-7th with one non-Fox team)
CEO: 3 Clouds (1st, 3rd, 4th), 4 Foxes (3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th)
Shine: 2 Clouds (1st, 2nd), 9 Foxes (one non-Fox team in 7th)
GOML: 2 Clouds (2nd), 9 Foxes (one non-Fox team in 7th)
So no, Melee isn't anywhere near as balanced at doubles if you're only considering Cloud and Fox.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
lol
TBH6: 2 Clouds (1st, 2nd), 7 Foxes (1st, 3rd-7th)
SSC: 3 Clouds (2nd, 4th, 5th), 8 Foxes (1st-7th with one non-Fox team)
CEO: 3 Clouds (1st, 3rd, 4th), 4 Foxes (3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th)
Shine: 2 Clouds (1st, 2nd), 9 Foxes (one non-Fox team in 7th)
GOML: 2 Clouds (2nd), 9 Foxes (one non-Fox team in 7th)
So no, Melee isn't anywhere near as balanced at doubles if you're only considering Cloud and Fox.
I'm beginning to wonder if all he posts is bait, you know? Perhaps we're taking it. I appreciate these statistics, however.

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I agree Bayonetta is at least top 10, I'm merely pointing out she has nowhere near the results yet to justify top 3 considering she has yet to make a single top 8 appearance at a super major. Results wise the best DLC character has to go to either Cloud or Mewtwo.

Anyway top 48 for 2GGT: Zero saga has been decided:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/5ixig0/2ggt_zero_saga_top_48_singles/

As Smash 4's meta progresses as the poster noted, unfortunately we are seeing high/top tiers dominate more and more. We aren't really seeing upsets from low-mid characters any more on a regular basis. At least not in NA, Japan is a different story for whatever reason.

To quote the OP:
"Top tier dominance has occurred once again with eight Diddys appearing in the top 48 along with five Sheiks, Clouds and Bayonettas . Will any of these four characters take this stacked up tourney?"
Welcome to fighting games my man. This is what happens. Strong characters grow in power and weaklings get phased out.

This is the way of things.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Elexiao vs J. Miller:
J. Miller avoided LOTS of Greninja's kill set-ups, and managed to not be gimped (Although, Elexiao wasn't trying to edgeguard him much). Very nice responses to mix-ups from J. Miller. Stayed in his face long enough to play it out and kill.

With Pac-Man, it was a bit of nerve-wracking (for me anyway). Half the match-up is summed up perfectly there. The one who gets the kill first is probably the one that wins. Half other is how well Pac manages his tools to keep Luigi out. While Luigi definitely wasn't getting any easy approaches or openings, he won at the end.

It was a nice set. I feel as if Elexiao had played more with shorthop shurikens and/or trampolines, J. Miller surely would had faced much tougher challenges. but nice play from both sides nonetheless.

P.S. Also Bo3 Top 8? Is this normal with 3 stocks? I feel like an amateur now lmao (If I am not one already).

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Really impressed by Homika and Aperture's performances. Aperture living up to his title of 2nd best UK Sonic. Maybe 2nd best EU?

And Luigimitsu used to use Luigi then *mostly* dropped him post-patch. Don't ask how I know that, though... It's a tragic, tragic story that involves moustached men and unsuspecting little- *I need to stop this sentence right now.*

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
P.S. Also Bo3 Top 8? Is this normal with 3 stocks? I feel like an amateur now lmao (If I am not one already).
DAT Blastzone had Bo5 top 4. European majors tend to have Bo5 top 8, but I guess it's not so for monthlies.

Umebura BenQ ZOWIE Cup results via Tetra, bracket by Juddy here.
https://twitter.com/Tetra_76/status/810438168629694464

Nothing super surprising, but good results from Earth, OCEAN and Raito. Looks like Lea beat Some in the Greninja ditto and got top 8, unfortunate to see a team kill like that, but good stuff to Lea regardless. Shoutout to Tosshi for getting 25th with Zard and beating Taratino and Eim.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
@FullMoon
I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that Greninja of all characters is considered one of if not the worst MU for Lucas lol
From the discussions held in the Lucas Discord, I think this opinion is based on multiple Lucas mains losing to Greninja players in offline tournaments. Some of us say that it's due to Lucas have trouble hitting Greninja on the ground with his idle pose (slightly lowers his hitbox) and having a hard time landing footstool to jablocks on him. Uncharged water shurikens are hard for some Lucas players to punish or get around due to the lack of hit-stun applied when we reflect it with our f-smash. The uncharged water shurikens can be shielded by Greninja (if I'm right) if he spaces them well; they also can cut off some of Lucas's aerial approaches from afar since they are fast which can frustrate Lucas players if they get hit by them.

Even if they decide to take a grounded approach they will still have to deal with the shurikens which seems to be a hassle for the Discord Lucas players right now. Furthermore, a fully charged shuriken can be shielded by Greninja unless thrown near or at point blank range.

Next there's Greninja's Hydro pump which can disrupt Lucas's PK Thunder recovery. I do not have much to say on that besides adapting, mixing up pkt angles, mixing up recovery, and getting to know PKT 1 (the orb) better so if a Lucas does get blasted away by Hydro Pump during their PKT 1 they may have a better chance at surviving and making it back to the stage.

Greninja's air to air combat is fine, his bair comes out at frame 5 which beats all of our aerials, while his up air comes out at frame 7 which is the same for Lucas's up air. Greninja's fair comes out on frame 16 and lasts until frame 17 so the whole hitbox is only 2 frames while have a lot of endlag (first active frame is 55) compared to Lucas's frame 9 fair (first active frame is 42). I think Lucas players should space their disjoints of fair while avoiding Greninja's fair air dodge read attempts.

Greninja's up-tilt is great for catching Lucas if he jumps right above Greninja or decides to land on top of Greninja with a nair. I'm not sure if Greninja's f-tilt is longer than Lucas's but I do know that ours has a disjoint so we can win a trade if they are both spaced, plus Lucas's f-tilt comes out quicker than Greninja's (frame 7 vs frame 10). The same can be said frame data wise for Jab 1 (frame 2 vs frame 3) and down tilt (frame 3 vs frame 9) plus ours has a disjoint at the very tip that is not a hurtbox.

Greninja's n-air comes out on frame 12 while also having a larger hitbox and base damage of 11 which makes for great shield stun vs Lucas's frame 7 n-air with a base damage of 2 with the final hit dealing 4 which can make for some very small shield stun.

Oh, I almost forgot greninja's footstool setups which can inflict a good amount of damage or take a stock at the right percents.

Conclusion: I think some players of Lucas Discord may get easily frustrated not having their way with Greninja, with their main concerns being gaining little to advantage in attempting to "counter" water shuriken, to greninja's size, and players going on tilt when hydro pumped offstage.

Luco Luco should have more or better things to say about the Greninja matchup than me since he has a Greninja player at his tournaments.

(Question to any Greninja players in the thread, can his down smash 2 frame? I think it does but I'm not for sure.I was thinking it could catch us in our tether recovery)

Last edited:

YerTheBestAROUND

Smash Journeyman
Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for eternity.
Bayonetta has a top 5 advantage/disadvantage but her neutral is pretty average, especially if shes compared to characters like Mewtwo, Sheik, and Diddy. If people learned to just shield Heal Slide and play less aggro she wouldn't be getting 50% combos every 20 seconds.
She gets crazy combos off of dtilt and utilt. Players like Salem use her tilts just as much as they use heal slide. And she gets good stage positioning from throws, has some of the best edge guarding in the game, and the occasional uthrow combo. Almost all her moves combo into each other. You get touched and you're eating a solid chunk of damage, whether it's 20%, 50% or more and that's what really matters.

Disadvantage and advantage tie into neutral. You know what she can do if you lose neutral, you know you're not gonna be able to do as much as you'd like to when you get Bayo in disadvantage. This boosts her neutral tremendously, similar to Rage Ryu when you're at 60%. One mistake can suddenly destroy your lead.

Last edited:

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
She gets crazy combos off of dtilt and utilt. Players like Salem use her tilts just as much as they use heal slide. And she gets good stage positioning from throws, has some of the best edge guarding in the game, and the occasional uthrow combo. Almost all her moves combo into each other. You get touched and you're eating a solid chunk of damage, whether it's 20%, 50% or more and that's what really matters.

Disadvantage and advantage tie into neutral. You know what she can do if you lose neutral, you know you're not gonna be able to do as much as you'd like to when you get Bayo in disadvantage. This boosts her neutral tremendously, similar to Rage Ryu when you're at 60%. One mistake can suddenly destroy your lead.
I know about her crazy combos off of dtilt and utilt, thats why I'm saying people need to play more passive. Shes not going to be able to get those combos in if you're constantly spacing with max range Marth fairs, bairs, and nair, and no matter ho good her burst mobility is shes never going to punish Needles/Shadowball from a decent distance

Top 20 != top tier.

Either way, there is no melee equivalent to players like Ranai or Kamemushi, who single-handidly make people think their character is top or high tier instead of mid or low.
Top 20 isn't top tier but its still in the upper echelon of high tier.

Last edited:

YerTheBestAROUND

Smash Journeyman
Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for eternity.
Here we have it.

Still awful?
A best of 5 set would be preferable, but it's something to start with. There's still the possibility that they might meet up in bracket in the rest of ZeRo saga.

I know about her crazy combos off of dtilt and utilt, thats why I'm saying people need to play more passive. Shes not going to be able to get those combos in if you're constantly spacing with max range Marth fairs, bairs, and nair, and no matter ho good her burst mobility is shes never going to punish Needles/Shadowball from a decent distance
Bullet arts. She can still force approaches on characters like Marth and Mewtwo. You don't need to punish Shadow Ball from a distance because it's pretty easy to shield or jump around. Shadow ball really isn't an amazing camping option, it's better as a kill option from a mix up or a trap, and if someone is camping with Shadow Ball you're going to expect it, making it even easier to perfect shield.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Is there just like... a hidden cove of powerful Ryu mains? Locus has beaten both 9B and Saj this tourney... and I've never heard of him before today lol.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
A best of 5 set would be preferable, but it's something to start with. There's still the possibility that they might meet up in bracket in the rest of ZeRo saga.

Bullet arts. She can still force approaches on characters like Marth and Mewtwo. You don't need to punish Shadow Ball from a distance because it's pretty easy to shield. Shadow ball really isn't an amazing camping option, it's better as a kill option from a mix up or a trap, and if someone is camping with Shadow Ball you're going to expect it, making it even easier to perfect shield.
Why are you assuming hes just camping? Throwing a couple baby Shadowballs and then approaching while they cover your ass if you mess up is a perfectly viable option and a fully charged Shadowball still stops Bayonetta from approaching safely. Bullet Arts are good on FD but on a stage with platforms, especially T&C/SV, its going to be borderline useless

Marth has bull**** like the stun jacket that make using things like Bullet Arts against him risky. There's a very real chance that he's going to kill you at 40% with a jab > tipper f smash.

Nah

Smash Champion
when other Bowsers start doing consistently well is when

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
I never saw Nairo whip out Bowser before. But I would love to see my favorite antagonist rise up on the list. He benefits from rage for one. He is reliant on reads like Ike, but survives longer than Ike will. Bowser also may not have a combo Dthrow, but a 12% Dthrow is nothing to sleep on. That last point convinces me that he might move up a slight bit. Only thing is he is combo food.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Lol, ZInoto just tweeted "I guess Tweek doesn't know the MU either."

This is what I think we were saying to JustSomeScrub last night - this is how non-top tiers get recognition. You need a TOP player to pick them up. You wouldn't have heard another word about Bowser except "LordMix did well that one time" if Nairo didn't pick him up.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Sooooo...when are we gonna start humoring the possibility that bowser may be a high tier?

Nairo's Bowser is 9-0 rn LOL. 3-0ing tweek
Here is the funny part about Nario's Bowser and bowser in general:
He only used jab once and never used ftilt two of Bowser's important boxing tools.
Basically only used up b Oos and pivot and normal grab in neutral
Nario's recovery is like Fatality's (lol)
Koo-pa (Up throw to up air) is still amazingly stupid considering it has been nerfed (prepatch was just broken)

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
YOOOO, Locus new best Ryu?

EDIT: Holy ****. Locus cleaned up Seagull, Saj, 9B, and Mr. R at this tourney. Dark horse for real.

Though I have no idea why Mr. R let him go to Town & City. That was dumb lmao

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Being able to "run away" from Ryu means diddly when running away means you have to sacrifice space and figure out some way to cross up between his frame 2 Dtilt, frame 3 Utilt, invincible strong Utilt, 12 frame lag 16% Bair, and Italy-sized Uair.

Ryu's slow, but he's not a statue. If you try and jump to get over him, he will be there to greet you on your way down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom