• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v2.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So how is everyone improving their game?

After focusing more on stage control, my neutral is much improved. Since mega relies on a some confirms which are much stronger by the ledge (stuff into bair), getting them towards the ledge is half the battle.

Also, im labbing a bunch of ledge traps. Pellets are really great here, even being able to rob a ledge jump of its height. Z drop into aerials can cover a multitude of options at once and is quite dangerous.

Ive noticed that the efficacy of some ledge games is heavily effected by platform presence. Duh, right? But now im trying to flesh out how it effects players' decision making.

Im interested in what is going on for other characters today. Greninja ledgetrapping is another avenue id like to explore, his projectile variations are all very good near the ledge. What else is up?

Edit: fox has more trouble with his inferior clone than the super fighting robot? Larry needs to play kameme instead of scatt, or hit up that 'not sure' column.

I also feel a fox that didnt go in hardcore like Larry and instead played burst mobility ala Void + laser camping/disengaging/ gimp or juggle based on stage position wouldn't lose to Ryu, but i underestimate the world warrior ever since everyone said trela was about to rule the world and it never even came close to happening.
You can talk smack about Ryu when you don't lose to me on wifi.

like homie i shouldnt even be able to take a stock.

Granted we havent played in awhile but still...

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I forgot to mention this, but one way I've found to improve my skills is being supported by a sparring partner or two. That way, they could tell you what you need to work on, and maybe even teach you something you didn't know before. Though, I'd recommend getting people who will actually help you and not berate you for doing something wrong.
Also, try to stay away from mentally draining people. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but people that do nothing but complain drain me. Basically, don't go to the Kirby playerbase. Ever.

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
ryu fox isn't awful but the fact that ryu's utilt is legitimately broken in that mu means he'll probably always have a very slight advantage.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
If people think that DK's neutral isn't that good it's because it's silly to talk about neutral independently of advantage and disadvantage; it skews perception of what characters can actually do in neutral.
This is a point I feel a lot of people ignore.

There are a lot of moves that are good at pressuring and connecting, so they give the illusion of being good neutral tools.

Mario's Fireball, Pacman's DA, mk dtilt, etc.

Duck hunt is actually a perfect example of why neutral isn't everything (and the major reason people mistake him for mid tier or higher). He boasts possibly the best, most versatile raw neutral due to the sheer refusal to approach he can play. Not even pre-patch sheik could force him to approach consistently.

The issue is his advantage and disadvantage are so abysmal, that his 5 wins in neutral mean less than the average character's 1 win.

To have a truly bad neutral means you need to be utterly unable to gauge the opponent for information and cut-off the options that would prevent you from winning.

If you have no reward to begin with, they're never going to fear those options and will thus won't fear using them.

For DK, his neutral is largely what the opponent CAN'T DO, rather than what DK CAN. Which is not put out laggy, high reward moves even though they're only at 50%. Hit or try frame trapping around his shield just to extend advantage a bit unless they're out of DD percent. And DEFINITELY don't give up so much stage control they're at the ledge and have no retreating options.

*This is also why Bayonetta's neutral is actually amazing since her mistakes matter less than most chars.

Last edited:

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
Random knowledge drop:
Almost all users of characters with really strong walks like :4sheik::4metaknight::4fox: (or:metaknight:vets) have a habit of tilting their shield up when blocking. I do it, VoiD does it, NAKAT does it, etc.
If you pressure our shield a bit and reduce it by about 5-10 hp, our feet are almost always vulnerable to dtilts and PP dsmashes. Go a bit further and you can poke our feet with fsmashes that angle down. This gives you combos and kills you normally would not have received had this habit not been present.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
*This is also why Bayonetta's neutral is actually amazing since her mistakes matter less than most chars.
Not only that, but her few neutral tools are actually really good! Seriously. Most characters cannot dream to be able to punish run up DP.

The idea that her neutral is poor has never made any reasonable sense. It's pretty ridiculous to insinuate that a character with limbs that huge, a short hop that good, options that respectable and combo tools which function as safe options is remotely poor in the state. She's not Ryu, who can't move around well at all, so he has to play reactive against a lot of good characters. Bayonetta has fairly free options for nearly every situation (offensive or defensive) that the opponent has to respect, otherwise they're taking a brick to the jaw.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
https://smash.gg/tournament/afterglow-throwdown/events/wii-u-singles/brackets/77907

Random note. This tourney qualifies but I can't figure out who half the people are. It's a mixture of people from Florida, Alabama, Kentucky, and Tennessee PRs but some I'm lost on.
For AL,
Tran :4yoshi: (unranked)
Thundersz :4fox: (4th on AL PR)
Pudd :4ness: (9th on AL PR)
Lilbigham :4luigi: (unranked)

That said, there's a very high density of what most people would consider mid level players. So I can't say I agree that this should qualify for your rankings.

D

Deleted member

Not only that, but her few neutral tools are actually really good! Seriously. Most characters cannot dream to be able to punish run up DP.

The idea that her neutral is poor has never made any reasonable sense. It's pretty ridiculous to insinuate that a character with limbs that huge, a short hop that good, options that respectable and combo tools which function as safe options is remotely poor in the state. She's not Ryu, who can't move around well at all, so he has to play reactive against a lot of good characters. Bayonetta has fairly free options for nearly every situation (offensive or defensive) that the opponent has to respect, otherwise they're taking a brick to the jaw.
Not to mention she's one of the few characters with a frame 4 jumpsquat.

I also don't understand when random mid/low tiers try to say they beat/go even with Bayonetta just because they outrange her/they're a zoner. :4robinm::4lucario::4miigun::4samus: come to mind.

Looking at you too, Shulk mains.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
This is a point I feel a lot of people ignore.

There are a lot of moves that are good at pressuring and connecting, so they give the illusion of being good neutral tools.

Mario's Fireball, Pacman's DA, mk dtilt, etc.

Duck hunt is actually a perfect example of why neutral isn't everything (and the major reason people mistake him for mid tier or higher). He boasts possibly the best, most versatile raw neutral due to the sheer refusal to approach he can play. Not even pre-patch sheik could force him to approach consistently.

The issue is his advantage and disadvantage are so abysmal, that his 5 wins in neutral mean less than the average character's 1 win.

To have a truly bad neutral means you need to be utterly unable to gauge the opponent for information and cut-off the options that would prevent you from winning.

If you have no reward to begin with, they're never going to fear those options and will thus won't fear using them.

For DK, his neutral is largely what the opponent CAN'T DO, rather than what DK CAN. Which is not put out laggy, high reward moves even though they're only at 50%. Hit or try frame trapping around his shield just to extend advantage a bit unless they're out of DD percent. And DEFINITELY don't give up so much stage control they're at the ledge and have no retreating options.

I said something very similar not too long after the Meta Knight nerf. On paper, the changes to up air simply remove his ability to secure KO's through ladder combos--or more precisely, reduce the combo's reliability to only a portion of the cast.

In practice, the nerf has more serious implications. Because he no longer has guaranteed early KO set-ups on fast-fallers--who tend to be the better characters, unfortunately for him--his reward for winning neutral is reduced, which in turn limits his ability to play neutral effectively since his main combo-starter doesn't demand quite as much respect as it once did.

MK counter-play was to fight with one's back to the ledge; however, this wasn't a surefire solution. Sheik, ZSS, Pikachu, and other characters with above par recoveries had no problem utilizing this strategy because from that position, MK could neither combo them nor edge-guard them very well. But for Ganondorf, Roy, Fox, ie characters with bad or even average recoveries, fighting at the ledge only reduced the risk of getting caught in a ladder combo in exchange for being at a greater risk to MK's offstage game. However, in either case, the opponent was limiting their own options in the hopes of not dying at obscene percents, so while ledge-camping was annoying for MK, that was also true for the other player.

Not having to fear early deaths anymore means that not only do fast-fallers live longer, they can play neutral with much more room for error, resulting in MK having a tougher time starting his punishes in addition to the punishes themselves being weaker.

A character's neutral, advantage, and disadvantage states should not be looked at in separate vacuums; rather they should be viewed as three cogs turning together. Nerfing a character's advantage state forces them to win neutral more often. Nerfing their disadvantage state forces them to play neutral more carefully.

Last edited:

Zelder

Smash Journeyman

The "Bayonetta has a poor neutral" was an idea that gained form before her nerf, propagated by people who thought she wasn't worth banning*. It was often referred to as her flaw/holding her back**. Now that she's in a much better place, we don't have to pretend that she has a bad neutral***.

*Please note that I'm not taking a side on whether or not we should have banned Bayonetta, just an observation from those heady days.
**Which is silly, because dABK alone should have blown up that idea.
***asterisks are fun

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I also don't understand when random mid/low tiers try to say they beat/go even with Bayonetta just because they outrange her/they're a zoner. :4robinm:
Do they? I'm not really aware of what other Robins' opinions are on the MU, and I have Bayo in a "idk" category in my current personal Robin MU chart in my head.

tho in all likelyhood if people really do say that it's just mid and low tier mains desperately trying to hold on to the idea that their character is actually secret high tier as per the usual lol

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It's not just that Robin could theoretically zone Bayo, he also had grab combos backing him up.

It's still not even, but I can see the justification.

P.S. Bayo is still unhealthy for the meta.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
It's not just that Robin could theoretically zone Bayo, he also had grab combos backing him up.

It's still not even, but I can see the justification.
Robin's trapping/zoning ability is pretty decent at exploiting some holes in her grounded game. Dude's good af at intercepting ABK/ledge wakeup, you just have to know what's coming (generally speaking, don't stand close to the ledge when she's holding it). Having several kill confirms against her is also a really nice boon.

If Robin could land at all or had a better up special the matchup would be far closer.

P.S. Bayo is still unhealthy for the meta.
Uh... thanks.

Do you feel obligated to say that every time she's brought up?

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
Of course this is the wrong thread to discuss stages, but I genuinely don't see how skyloft is worse than Delfino. It's debatable being worse than halberd but then the extremely small ceiling and hazards halberd has as well where as most of skyloft hazards you actively need to jump into or get hit into it by opponent (which some can bounce you back into the stage to tech/live longer) yeah.
The bugs are the thing that jumps the most out at you but in my opinion the bigger issue is that it's a very susceptible stage to timeouts. Neither of them are really gamebreaking in my eyes but again people are really conservative w/ stages in Smash 4 and those two things are bigger things to point to than Delfino/Halberd which at least can claim to have been legal in Brawl.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
A character can have a good or decent match-up against a top tier in this game, it's called balance. Doesn't have to mean that the character is high or top tier. Thinking that a character obviously loses because they are "low/mid tier" is incredibly toxic and helps absolutely no one, especially when barely any counter arguments are given.

Megamang

Smash Lord
You can talk smack about Ryu when you don't lose to me on wifi.

like homie i shouldnt even be able to take a stock.

Granted we havent played in awhile but still...
Ive definitely stepped up a lot recently, since I've gotten a plethora of local training partners instead of wifi'ing tons. Stop ducking my challenges and you'll see. <3

---

Bayo would be fine right now, except witch time is stilly silly.

Regarding her poor neutral: i played Tyroy at a local yesterday. Its worth noting he doesnt take them all too seriously, but the idea stands. He opened with Mario, me Megaman. I was able to keep him out pretty effectively, and won game 1 barely.

Then the bayo came out.

Advantage playing into neutral: he definitely could just keep going for punishes even if i got a decent hit in retaliation, he just needed to access her advantage state once to back it up. Even with rabid SDI, she returns to the game in a state of advantage when WTw hits, and its really hard to get out.

And the closer was witch time. Basically once he showed willingness to witch time a pellet i had to more than halve the hitboxes i was putting out, or end up in an outrageously disadvantaged situation for an attempt at 6 damage.

So while bayo's neutral is only ok, she still totally guts your neutral with the threat of a move. A threat which starts regenerating as soon as it hits or missed. A threat which only grows as damage of both climbs. Like rage mario, she isnt losing until its over. Unlike rage mario, she can make this read off of basically anything, even what you thought was safe (what *should* be safe...) like a retreating aerial.

Meh. Id be happy if she had a knockback reduction in Wtime. Her fitting a bunch of damage dealing stuff into a time window then catching you with a starter then comboing is at least a little compelling and engaging (you can SDI the hits right? It looks like it works...), but her just charging a smash? That shouldnt kill as early as it does.

The smashes are balanced around hitting them without WTime, but its stupid when you try and swing your disjoint to get out of the vortex and she hits it on a platform and you get like fair 1 to full charged usmash kill at 60%.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Meh. Id be happy if she had a knockback reduction in Wtime. Her fitting a bunch of damage dealing stuff into a time window then catching you with a starter then comboing is at least a little compelling and engaging (you can SDI the hits right? It looks like it works...), but her just charging a smash? That shouldnt kill as early as it does.

The smashes are balanced around hitting them without WTime, but its stupid when you try and swing your disjoint to get out of the vortex and she hits it on a platform and you get like fair 1 to full charged usmash kill at 60%.
When she charges smashes during witch time, she charges half as fast with the same max amount of time charged. AKA, she's charging from uncharged --> half charged.

Imo, the only thing that deserves being complained about with regards to Bayo is the landing hitbox on DAir.

:134:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
When she charges smashes during witch time, she charges half as fast with the same max amount of time charged. AKA, she's charging from uncharged --> half charged.
Got any proof on that?

Just I have never even heard that statement before... strange, considering I use Bayonetta.

EDIT:

Scratch that, I just tested it myself - it is indeed true.

Or, could it be just because moves deal less damage in Witch Time (which I am most likely to say it is)? Remember, less damage = less knockback (but then again, Up Smash deals 17% uncharged, 23% fully charged, and deals 20% in Witch Time, so that is essentially half charged).

Well, from my tests anyway, Sonic dies from a fully charged Up Smash on Umbra Omega at 59%. When he's in Witch Time, only just reaches the top of the screen. Sonic dies from a fully charged Up Smash in Witch Time at 75%.

---
EDIT AGAIN:

I decided to test whether the lower knockback is on only the person being Witch Time'd, but it seems that as long as a Witch Time is in effect, Bayonetta's Smashes will deal less damage and knockback on ANY character.

Example: (for easy reading, I'll say Blue Sonic and Red Sonic - yay mods).

I had Blue Sonic fully charge his Forward Smash, and I Witch Time'd him. Then, I turned around and charged an Up Smash on Red Sonic. Now, everyone is at 59%, so theoretically, Red Sonic should have been KO'd, right?

Well, Red Sonic took the lower knockback. It is definitely just her Smashes then, because I tested her Bair in the same conditions, and it always did 13%.

Another note; this phenomenon only affects charged smashes; an uncharged Up Smash still deals 17% and KO's Sonic at the same percent when not under Witch Time, which is 95%.

The more you know...

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Random knowledge drop:
Almost all users of characters with really strong walks like :4sheik::4metaknight::4fox: (or:metaknight:vets) have a habit of tilting their shield up when blocking. I do it, VoiD does it, NAKAT does it, etc.
If you pressure our shield a bit and reduce it by about 5-10 hp, our feet are almost always vulnerable to dtilts and PP dsmashes. Go a bit further and you can poke our feet with fsmashes that angle down. This gives you combos and kills you normally would not have received had this habit not been present.
Any particular reason for such a habit and why specifically those with characters with good walks have it? I'd imagine it'd be to block aerials more effectively but when it comes to grounded opponents, ftilts and dtilts are more likely to shield poke than utilts. Your mentioning of Brawl MK has me assuming that the habit was present in Brawl too which makes a bit more sense since the likes of MK himself and sh double fair Marth were in that game.

D

Deleted member

Fatality's :4falcon: MU chart.

Wonder what happened for him to say :4shulk: is an even matchup, lul. This seems like a pretty honest chart.

Rizen

Smash Legend
About stages:
Delfino isn't bad with one big exception. The platform layout when it's flying around is fine for all characters. The landing layouts have a little jank but nothing terrible, it's a counter pick after all. Then you're forced back to the middle which actually discourages camping. The big issue Delfino and Halberd have is the low ceiling. In SSB4 you simply can't have that because ladders and rage gimmicks are too strong.

Duck Hunt is really stupid if you have to chase down a mobile character trying for a timeout. Except for the ceiling, I'd much rather go to Delfino than DH. The pop up dog and ducks really mess with projectile zoning and the tree lets charge moves like limit and shadow ball get a free charge. But it is a CP stage and I'm for large stage lists as long as they're reasonable. I can see how in the future DH might be abused by Clouds and banned. Timeouts are game changers when determining what stages should be legal.

Clock Tower causing motion sickness is a deal breaker.

Lylat can be annoying but there's nothing bad enough to ban it.

Last edited:

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
Any particular reason for such a habit and why specifically those with characters with good walks have it? I'd imagine it'd be to block aerials more effectively but when it comes to grounded opponents, ftilts and dtilts are more likely to shield poke than utilts. Your mentioning of Brawl MK has me assuming that the habit was present in Brawl too which makes a bit more sense since the likes of MK himself and sh double fair Marth were in that game.
In Smash 4 it's because it's easier for most to initiate and continue their walks while tilting slightly upwards. This way you don't ever initiate an accidental dash and can turn around on a dime if necessary.
In Brawl it was because of this reason + not getting shieldpoked around your head by MK and Marth.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3

Wonder what happened for him to say :4shulk: is an even matchup, lul. This seems like a pretty honest chart.
This is pretty solid. I am so glad to see a top Falcon player say that:4marth:is at least even.

I still think there's at least 55:45 (:4marth:::4falcon:) potential there, but I play this MU all the time (against the best Falcon in our area, no less), so I'm probably a little biased, but hey, this is a step in the right direction. Falcon does not beat Marth, and that notion needs to go out the window now.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Lucina... loses to... Falcon?...
To me that was always a pretty favourable matchup. It's not hard at all to outrange him and once he is off the stage he needs to be extremely smart to come back - far smarter than you need to be to simply juggle him out of the way.
Is there any reason this matchup would be "losing" except "lol never played lucina marth must be even so I'll assume she loses".

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
Lucina... loses to... Falcon?...
To me that was always a pretty favourable matchup. It's not hard at all to outrange him and once he is off the stage he needs to be extremely smart to come back - far smarter than you need to be to simply juggle him out of the way.
Is there any reason this matchup would be "losing" except "lol never played lucina marth must be even so I'll assume she loses".
I hate that Marthcina players keep starting discussions as if the opponent's already offstage and has lost neutral.
Why not see how hard it is for them to actually get Falcon off?

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I hate that Marthcina players keep starting discussions as if the opponent's already offstage and has lost neutral.
It's the first example that tends to come to my mind, basically. But there are probably more I can think of... Just not right now, I have other things to do and other people can probably think of better ones.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Marth vs Falcon is one of my favorite matchups. I've played it so much that I usually win, but when Falcon gets going, he can destroy you. Falcon is a scary character
Well, Falcon has a pretty bad Disadvantage state - Marcina to some extent too. I guess this is why it feels that both of them destroy each other as soon as they start winning anything.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Why not look at it from the other perspective? What about, how much harder is it than normal to get in on them? How is Falcon going to challenge their Jab 1? How is Falcon going to deal with being the perfect weight and fall speed for their combo game?

Falcon simply has a far rougher time in neutral against Marth and Lucina, and it's arguably down to their Jab 1. As braindead as this sounds, it's perfectly possible to play dumb all match and walk around, forcing Falcon to come to you by pressuring with Jab 1. You land the jab 1? Free combo or Dancing Blade. I've played more than my fair share of these kind of games, and it's silly how much this works.

Of course Falcon off stage is a very scary thought for him against Marth and Lucina, and you are very right in that he just doesn't magically appear off stage, and Marth and Lucina have to still work to get him there (and even then, nothing is guaranteed off stage) . What is true though, is Marth and Lucina have the tools to outright control the neutral game, and Falcon doesn't like that one bit.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Why not look at it from the other perspective? What about, how much harder is it than normal to get in on them? How is Falcon going to challenge their Jab 1? How is Falcon going to deal with being the perfect weight and fall speed for their combo game?

Falcon simply has a far rougher time in neutral against Marth and Lucina, and it's arguably down to their Jab 1. As braindead as this sounds, it's perfectly possible to play dumb all match and walk around, forcing Falcon to come to you by pressuring with Jab 1. You land the jab 1? Free combo or Dancing Blade. I've played more than my fair share of these kind of games, and it's silly how much this works.

Of course Falcon off stage is a very scary thought for him against Marth and Lucina, and you are very right in that he just doesn't magically appear off stage. What is true though, is Marth and Lucina have the tools to outright control the neutral game, and Falcon doesn't like that one bit.
Side Tilt seems to work fine for me as well. Stops frontal approaches and shorthop, has good range, really good damage (well, atleast with Lucina I don't worry about tipper so I always get some healthy damage) and I often can play around to get a DTilt or DB after it.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

I'd say this is a good MU chart spread. Kinda surprised to see :4megaman: goes even, since it's one of his most volatile MUs IMO. Maybe I just suck at the MU? Then again, Fatality has a lot of experience against ScAtt, so I guess that contributes a lot.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
movement against Falcon is also really important with Marth, and I can weave in and out of Falcon's attempts to dash grab or dash attack with a fox trot or perfect pivot. Pretty much all Captain Falcons will make use of his great dash grab, so evading it will help a lot. Same goes with Falcon's movement to avoid Falchion range and aerial approaches, and is good a punishing Marth on whiffed attacks

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yea, falcon is another victim of the Cloud/Mario/Lucina effect. You probably have played one, but they probably werent playing the character up to potential.

A good falcon has great movement. They walk, dash, PP, all when necessary. They are out of your range most of the time.

They hit uair knee confirms.

They dont dair much in neutral, or go for ridiculous reads.

Falcon has some reasonable footstool stuff out of grab as well.

Anyone that juggles well, especially from a grab and double especially from an amazing dashgrab like falcon, has a good advantage on marth and lucina. Not advantage MU, but the state of advantage is strong on them. He is quite good at keeping them there as well. Getting off the ledge vs a good falcon is scary, your safe options are very susceptible to dashgrab and your riskier options that beat that are usually very in danger to his huge smashes.

Falcon mega is a fun, even MU. Both blow eachother up. Mega has cool gimmicks like ducking dashgrab for a free shoryuken, or leafstooling being very good if he goes low. Falcon has falcon stuff, zone breaking speed with a juggle focus will naturally rack tons of damage when he gets thru.

Id say mega wins on cramped stages, especially tri plats, and falcon when he has more room. Reason being pellets into nair is really good coverage, pressire, spacing, etc... and if when it hits youre going offstage, life gets tough. Which is why i dont see fox mega as 3:7, just a very different MU for mega. Again i never saw kame play the foxes that make him feel this way, but id be curious if he even tried metal blade + leaf shield + shield defense on fox, its pretty damn strong and he really struggles for an easy answer (sonic as well).

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Yea, falcon is another victim of the Cloud/Mario/Lucina effect. You probably have played one, but they probably werent playing the character up to potential.
It annoys me to no end when people assume those three characters are much worse than they actually are just because they played some schmuck on FG or a local that doens't even use them properly.
I've seen Clouds out there that legit don't use him that much differently than the bots do.
I've seen Marios that think their combo game is literally just DThrow>Up Tilt and then chip enough damage so they can try to get you with Up Smash after spamming it some 5 times.
And I have also seen people that assume for whatever reason both with Lucina and Marth their neutral is just Dancing Blade and Side Smash?...
Some people, man. They have no idea of what is going on with the character they're playing.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
It annoys me to no end when people assume those three characters are much worse than they actually are just because they played some schmuck on FG or a local that doens't even use them properly.
I've seen Clouds out there that legit don't use him that much differently than the bots do.
I've seen Marios that think their combo game is literally just DThrow>Up Tilt and then chip enough damage so they can try to get you with Up Smash after spamming it some 5 times.
And I have also seen people that assume for whatever reason both with Lucina and Marth their neutral is just Dancing Blade and Side Smash?...
Some people, man. They have no idea of what is going on with the character they're playing.
yeah there are some people that just don't know for whatever reason. Either they're just learning, trolling, or just simply casual players. Or they're too stubborn to change their play for the better. Bad habits die hard.
Then there are those people who think combos are "easy" like with Mario's up tilt combos and Sheik's fairs. It might not be the hardest thing to pull of, but there is more than just simple button mashing to be truly good at Smash. Some people jump to conclusions or too ignorant to see that

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
yeah there are some people that just don't know for whatever reason. Either they're just learning, trolling, or just simply casual players. Or they're just ignorant to new techniques/methods and too stubborn to change their play for the better.
Then there are those people who think combos are "easy" like with Mario's up tilt combos and Sheik's fairs. It might not be the hardest thing to pull of, but there is more than just simple button mashing to be truly good at Smash. Some people jump to conclusions and can't see that....
I know that this doesn't apply to everyone, but if I wanted to learn a character, I'd look up videos on that character to get the basics. I'd also ask players of that character about when to use certain strategies and who the character wins or loses to. I know it doesn't matter what I do until I actually use the character, but I would like to think getting some general information before using the character is a lot better than just throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Then again, you might have to do that anyway at some point.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Lets not forget everyone saying the same for Cloud for almost every MU too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom