• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
Awesome tournament, wish I did better but oh well. I should practice more so next time I won't get ***** so hard.

Chaz: Your marth is awesome. Sorry about picking gay stage.
Loto: Kirby is ridic. Thanks for being a good guy and trying to save me when I suicided.
xyz: thanks for giving some pointers, still need to play your ike.
otru: Nice fox ditto match, we should do it again when you aren't half asleep lol.
Hbox: Good friendly, we should play again.
Afro thunda: Good friendly too, your minds games and snake are sick. We should play again too.
Gmoney: Congrats on 9th dude. We need to play more.
C-Po: Good matches man, your toon link is amazing.
Jesus: Good pit man
Rest of Jax crew: Had fun with you guys, good matches to those who I played.

To everyone that was in my pool, good matches. Sheer 2-0 everybody, it was ****.

Can't wait till next one.

Halo5GOD

Smash Cadet
First off: Meleeguy, -excellent- job hosting a tournament. The rules were perfect.. Brawl is just a very long game esp. with that amount of people.. Directing was great.

Gigabits: Thank-you for hosting and staying up that late.. refunding people's money is really generous, Gigabits might get a tad cramped, but theres no LAN center better I'd host these at. You even set out some smash stations out side. Awesome job : )

nice, 3 of the top 5 were in my pools. Lot of good practice in.

What I saw at the tourney
Ike was pretty popular..
Wolf was pretty popular..
2 of every other char in the game. (0 ganon's XD )
And everyone was doing things that was so good!

I never had so much fun at a tourney -ever- .
shouts (start with my pool): I wanna add my entire pool to my wii brawl list!

Tommy G: Falco really can laser spam again in this game. Excellent placement in the tourney, I couldn't figure out how to deal with falco's lasers with marth. The only player that just kinda... stomped me..ggs

Galleon (Lucas guy i think): Most difficult matches I had for the day was with you in pools. Good stuff, thats about all I can say.

Hungry Box: I'm so sorry man you had to wait all day to find out you didn't make it through. You were so anxious for us to finish to see if you made it or not. Your D3 is good on getting his chainthrows in, and doing them often. gg's

Chiro: Where did you go? You came all the way up from Tallahasee by yourself that day! You had a really tough pool man, hope you didn't get to discouraged, add me on AIM (Grindfox) or on friend code. I enjoyed talking. Hope ur trip back was safe.

Pink: I was scared to fight ROB's at this tourney when I saw how well their camping ability was, and I had one in my pool. Everytime I went to aerial forward-a, you would counter with your own almost every time that would hit me first and really suprised me.. It made me feel like I had to be more defensive then I wanted, esp vs a Rob with those projectiles. You shouldn't have given up on that last match.. like I said you were more challenging for me then you realize.

xYz: On par with Tommy G / Galleon as far as difficulty, you placed high in doubles and singles.. really -really- tough fights I had with you. good games.

I really dont remember the rest of the pool.. because they left : /...

Others:
QDVS: Thanks so much for playing melee fights with me, honestly it means a lot to me to play with someone in the "early" years of melee again, and just to have fun playing matches with me, even tho i cant do as much in that game anymore. I haven't gotten any real melee in a long time where I live.

PureKorean: I played melee with you at McDonalds.. I played Fox and Falcon, you mostly played falcon. LoL tiny screen, awkward controllers, fun. ggs =)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Good stuff Rx...I'm actually going to post shoutouts later....but I want to say something

Rx won because of a character? seriously?

I'll admit, Metaknight is a really good char right now, but to call it that is ridiculous. I know at least 3 other metaknights who didn't make top 5....so why not?

Seriously, I'm not a metaknight fan...heck, I main Ike, so that's impossible...but calling character johns on somebody is stupid. just stop.

Rx, keep playing your style, man...nobody who knows you hates you, seriously. Just keep playing the game and winning when you can...Don't let people get you down. That's what happened to me in Melee... You're straight up good, or you wouldn't be winning tournaments...so good ish.

I also like how they're calling char johns on Rx...but not Danny ... hahaha. good stuff guys.

Ike is gay...you just spam fsmash and you win.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Yo that was the longest tornament ever! But it was fun. wish i had joind singles though.

Shout Outs

Vericz- One of the best partners i could ever have. I'll do even better next time. Thnda and Fiyah!
Marin- So many noobs talking crap cause you a girl. destroy them all!
Hiroshi- Your kirby is great man. Just find a second main.
Hungry- Love your DDD just need more of that training.
Al- Wish you had joined but have fun in the islands.
Angry lobster- You good man. It was nice watching you play.
xyz- It was good playing you man. Got to play you more often. I knew you missed the melle falcon lol.
dguy- Your lucario is crazy man. I didnt think he was that good. Gotta play you online too.
linguini- You got a good DK man. I didnt know what to do lol. Keep it up guy. I almost won.
Colbol- I was cool hanging around you man. You crazy in melle.. Stop killing yourself.
Queen- Me and you gotta play pika someday. Your marth in melle is crazy! Thanks for bringing your game cube
Skrach- I like your sonic man. Keep it up.
Otru- Thats some good meta!

Finch

Smash Lord
Wow good **** jon, seriously. And good **** to CFL for ****** doubles results. I did awful this tournament like always, but now I really, seriously want to get good at this game. Hopefully I'll have WiFi this summer so I can get used to matchups, and next fall I'll play with jon and andy all the time and learn the ways of ****.

At least me and laijin pwned some noobs in friendlies when people were still registering, but once we played good people we lost every time. :urg: Zoro and Marin are too good.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I guess he didn't really play you, no one ***** me as bad all day as you did with that Nastee Lucario. Not even Rx's MK that you can't even get near.

I also wonder what Rx will be doing with that 600 dollars, now he can basically get into every tournament for a year with that kinda moo-lah.

PS: I wish I knew gigs was giving refunds cause I had to leave early, even if I didn't think I'd place in the pool :laugh:

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Shoutouts

Gigabits LAN Center: Thank you for holding the greatest local tourneys in the nation. You guys contributed to my stay in the smash community and made it 2 good. You guys worked your ***** off to make this, and other event possible, which was amazing, and I think you guys for that. Also, contgrats on holding the biggest brawl tourney in the nation so far :)

Dguy: Our one match was the best part of my day, outside of playing the best game ever at mc donalds

Rx-: Congratulations dooder, you deserved it. =D

xYz: we never played irl yet, w t f. D=

Exarch:Hold melee biweeklies PLZ!

Darrel: we didnt play either. a shame this was.

Boosley(ted): Great matches man. I think that one 0 to death on lylat was the highlight of my day haha.

Kiyan(Kyon, w.e):nice talking with u bro. Just go to the FL thread for my code, although I won't be online much anymore.

Guys in my pool: ggz, maybe i won't be an idiot about my character choices next time, if there is a next time that is.

Guy that was going to give my flyers at gigabits: ****, I forgot the flyers >_< I'll pick them up at your next CSS tourney maybe.

This was probably also the longest Brawl tourney in the nation as well. LOL

also

Kid with the afro:close games dude, I'll have to get a good set with you when your not so sleepy haha

Amadeux

Smash Rookie
Wow, guys. This tourney was epic. Thanks for coming. Maybe the next ones we should scale down to singles one day and doubles another day. whew! Kudos to Mwarhead. He is really a tank. Thanks to Fenrir for helping too. You guys are the best tournament community ever!

BTW, prizes mounted up to $2,009. All I can say is WOW!

Loto

Smash Ace
Ah well...I had a lot of fun. Ended up staying till like 5 am or so until me and my friend got knocked out of the brackets. Just got home not too long ago

Shoutouts yo.

Seibrik: It was fun chilling with you bro. I still love your kirby.
Gdx: **** dude you got way better since that Ocala tournament. good ****. Thanks for bringing the wii + tv for the car set up.
TedBoosly: Fight for your friends Ted....fight for your friends.
Riot: It's simple. Riots amazing. That match vs you and fearless was badass tho.
Fenrir: LOL AT THAT MATCH. Fenrir vs fearless....god I wish I recorded that funny as hell.
Equi: EQUI! I can't belive you went all metaknight for fun at the end, lol. see you at the next one.
Rx-: Good **** man. Grats again and I wanna play you some more. ;)
Danny: Nice getting up there as well. hahah.
Chaz: What happened? You suck at marth dittos? well it was fun chilling with you bro.
Force: at fun playing at the car with you and gdx, see you at the next one.
Tommy_G!: I love your falco man, hahah. Had a fun friendly with you and had fun hanging out with you. see you at the next one bro.
People in my pool: Had fun with a lot of people in my pool. Good matches everyone was a lot of fun.

and I seem to suck at the very boring kirby dittos but yeah I had fun, can't wait for the next one.

Sorry for not staying to record the finals and grand finals and **** but....I didn't wanna stay any longer I was tired as hell and playing alone was pretty gay.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Rx- Maaaan, this match. Flat out, I got owned in our rematch. I'm not really mad at you or your playstyle I guess but more mad that I couldn't find a counter to it in our final matches. I guess it's good that it happened now though so I can try to find a way around it. Either way, gg's man and enjoy that cash ^^ And if I had to lose to a meta like that, I'm glad that the guy who was playing it had such a good attitude. I promise I'll have an answer to it next tourney though.

Danny- FIUUUUU. You're still too good, probably the best in the state. Just glad we had some close matches. I'll get you one day. And I know you love those brinstar combos :)

Seibrik- Mmmmmmmmmm, Kirby comboes... good **** in teams and soz about the suicide in the last teams match. We'll get em next time.

Chaz- Bad luck. You'll wreck the next tourney though.

Tommy G- Why you always gotta show me up, Tommy G? I start doing well in pools with a very awesome record, 2-stocking and then you go and you start 3-stocking people. And that Hungrybox comeback was eeeeeepic.

H5- Nice Marth, fun pools matches. I so thought I had both of those matches lost near the end. You had a nice comeback in the second one too.

Pink- You took a match off me in pools, ggs. Hopefully I redeemed myself after the teams silliness.

Hungrybox- I camped your face =/. So sorry about that. As DDD, you're kinda gonna have to expect it though. I picked up the camping heavier on Lylat though cause the slants on that stage made just about everything shieldgrabbable. I owe you a battlefield/smashville friendly with no pk fire abuse.

Other people whose names I can't remember but I played- GGs, especially that other Lucas player and that Fox who almost made a huge comeback in tourney.

Galeon

Smash Ace
you never asked me to friendly T.T

most of my time at tournies though is spent walking around watching FIU people's matches.

BTW, loved hearing the reaction of Tommy G vs Riot and Tommy G vs Doodah being announced.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Very fun tournament! Relatively smoothe, cool, and chill.

Not sure if I'm cool enough to do shoutouts, but uhh....

GDX: Thanks for bringing that TV, man. Practicing in my car was pretty bad ***.
Force: When you were playing your "on" game, your link kicked ****in' ***.
Ted : Fun matches with you in pools, how did you do in singles?
Fenrir : Favourite set of the night! I still feel really bad for that win, but meh, brawl sucks anyway, mirite? We should do a money match the next tournament we meet up in! Luigi's kicks asssssss.
Ryan : Fun as hell set. Luigi's a fun stage? lol. I thought it was hilarious that your friend fell asleep half way through our set.
Chaz : Is really good. Fun discussions while eating giant pizza.

Let's see some results.

Laijin

Smash Hero
And Kirby has one move to counter each of Meta Knight's spammy moves, and I got ***** by Loto at Seibrik's tournament.
No.
There is no way a good meta knight should be able to get beaten by a good Kirby. Its just not possible/likely.
The skill level of the Kirby HAS to be much larger than the metaknight.

Thats like saying the #1 Kirby in Melee can beat any good fox player. No..he can't. Its not possible or likely.

I know this because I play Kirby. And Metaknight just out ranges Kirby to the extreme and is super hard to kill

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like how last tourney everyone's john was they didn't know how to fight Dk, now it's they didn't know what to do about tornado or up b with metaknight!!!

ROFL

Just live and learn people, practice up for next time...nothing is impossible to get around!!!

Except for like DDD wall CG...*runs*

Oh and pick up Snake!!!

:colorful:

Loto

Smash Ace
No.
There is no way a good meta knight should be able to get beaten by a good Kirby. Its just not possible/likely.

Thats like saying the #1 Kirby in Melee can beat any good fox player. No..he can't. Its not possible or likely.

I know this because I play Kirby. And Metaknight just out ranges Kirby to the extreme and is super hard to kill
You're the wrong on here. If you know what your doing yes you have moves to counter his spamy ****. It's not my fault if you don't know what your doing maybe? Me and Seibrick both know this but you can think otherwise if you want. =o

but it is hard on the kirbys side as well. I would call it an even match up.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I like how last tourney everyone's john was they didn't know how to fight Dk, now it's they didn't know what to do about tornado or up b with metaknight!!!

ROFL

Just live and learn people, practice up for next time...nothing is impossible to get around!!!

Except for like DDD wall CG...*runs*

Oh and pick up Snake!!!

I would say also to pick up G&W to fight against metaknights, but I really dont want to see anymore of them popping around. The number of them is already growing at an alarming rate.

Where were you ***s using game and watch when melee was around?!?! >.>

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh and the best part/most fun I had at this tourney was when I was playing melee with Falcon and ****** everyone...but then I got called to play my Brawl matches!!!

:(

Long live melee!!!

Glad I got to play and see you Halo5god, was great!!!

Oh and Mr. Linguini you owe me a quarter ;)!!!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Aw man, I wish I knew melee was going on. I would've liked to play some of the experts with their wave dasing or whatever they started to call it, next time may I play? I want to see how my yoshi would fare against your ****** falcon.

Oh, and I finally learned what QueenDVS meant and once I did i felt really dumb for not realizing it earlier.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
No.

Laijin, I think you're cool, but you're maddd wrong here.

Loto plays smart. A kirby who knows the matchup can wreck a spammy Meta Knight.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait Gindler, were you outside when I explained the story to Slynkee, Riot, and others???

Or are you just assuming you know what it means now???

Most people who assume either think I'm the Queen of DVS shoes or that it means QueenDevious (which it is neither)!!!

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
I would say also to pick up G&W to fight against metaknights, but I really dont want to see anymore of them popping around. The number of them is already growing at an alarming rate.

Where were you ***s using game and watch when melee was around?!?! >.>

umm hello.. i was THE G&W.. the only one.. i miss the parachute

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
QDVS, you're now obligated to share the story of your name with everyone.

I think it's funny when these kids new to the scene find out what my name means. Then they actually get the joke to my tourney series.

Lots of people would BS with G&W but Bane was the only one crazy enough to make him a main.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
now that i think about it, i dunno what QDVS nor mankosuki means. I call for story time?

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Gigabits LAN Center: Thank you for holding the greatest local tourneys in the nation. You guys contributed to my stay in the smash community and made it 2 good. You guys worked your ***** off to make this, and other event possible, which was amazing, and I think you guys for that. Also, contgrats on holding the biggest brawl tourney in the nation so far :)
why hasn't anybody else made this shout out?

edit:Andy, wtf does your name mean? I thought you explained this at pound 2. lol. maybe my memory is just short

Gindler

Smash Champion
No I missed the story, I did indeed think it was Queendevious so good call on that one. You must experience that alot. urbandictionary have the answer?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh, and to the tournament director who shot out this idea, please don't have it two seperate days if you have it again. Alot of the little kiddies and out of towners have it bad enough trying to catch a ride to one day, no less two. And with gas 3.80/gallon, driving an hour back and forth to orlando 2 seperate days is not exactly my idea of fun.

Besides, it was pretty badass even if it was allday saturday and part of sunday. Just find a way to make singles start on time rather than 3 hours late and we'll be fine

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
oh, and to the tournament director who shot out this idea, please don't have it two seperate days if you have it again. Alot of the little kiddies and out of towners have it bad enough trying to catch a ride to one day, no less two. And with gas 3.80/gallon, driving an hour back and forth to orlando 2 seperate days is not exactly my idea of fun.

Besides, it was pretty badass even if it was allday saturday and part of sunday. Just find a way to make singles start on time rather than 3 hours late and we'll be fine
If this is directed to me, my tourney has housing available. It's also Melee on Saturday & Brawl on Sunday so if you only care about one of them, you only go to one.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If this is directed to me, my tourney has housing available. It's also Melee on Saturday & Brawl on Sunday so if you only care about one of them, you only go to one.
nah, it was directed at one of the gigs people who shot that idea out for the next gigs tourney.

what YOU should do is get to work on that story of the creation of your name, and get queenie to put his story out too

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The creation isn't anything special, it's just what I went by back in my days of AMV making.

It's what it means in Japanese that's special. ;)

(kept me from being a mod...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom