• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoro

Smash Champion
What a gay zoro....what a gay. What a douche, zoro, what a douche. What a lame, zoro, what a lame.

Cak

ok, im defending a friend. I guess its settled, but, your a cak. Mr H is a good guy, an don't talk much ****, cuz he just wips that ***.

Soooo, idc what you placed before hardknocks, he got second, you got 13th, an He isnt a....

"Good noob"

An wtf is this, first diss than say

"Im just playin with you boi"????

What kind of gay **** is that? First, spell boy as boy, not as boi. Oh, you did that cuz hes black... hmm, douche. Wanna be nice next time, say bro.
Yes, i placed 65th which is garbage. Considering i haven't gone to a tourney since 06' in East Qualifiers for Evo at NY, i don't think I did that bad. I failed, yes, but I was nervous.

Ok, im done.:chuckle:
lol
what?

ive always said boi...ask anyone..and boi is the equivalent of bro

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
What a gay zoro....what a gay. What a douche, zoro, what a douche. What a lame, zoro, what a lame.

Cak

ok, im defending a friend. I guess its settled, but, your a cak. Mr H is a good guy, an don't talk much ****, cuz he just wips that ***.

Soooo, idc what you placed before hardknocks, he got second, you got 13th, an He isnt a....

"Good noob"

An wtf is this, first diss than say

"Im just playin with you boi"????

What kind of gay **** is that? First, spell boy as boy, not as boi. Oh, you did that cuz hes black... hmm, douche. Wanna be nice next time, say bro.
Yes, i placed 65th which is garbage. Considering i haven't gone to a tourney since 06' in East Qualifiers for Evo at NY, i don't think I did that bad. I failed, yes, but I was nervous.

Ok, im done.:chuckle:

wait wtf?
the beef is squash, and you're brining more meatloaf to the table?
you signed up for this?
and you placed 65th
(that rhymed)

Zoro and Mr. H are both good guys, who both own, so lets just leave it at that.
and wato is well known for saying the words, "boi", and gah.

vericz

Smash Champion
wait wtf?
you signed up for this?
and you placed 65th
(that rhymed)

See this guy KNOWS what he talks about. YOU MY BOI, GAH!!

We still need a list of stages that is official!!!

PolMex23

Smash Champion
lol
what?

ive always said boi...ask anyone..and boi is the equivalent of bro

Lol my bad, I said nothin with anger or intention to start more lol...I just love this forum arguing crap =).

An zoro ty for having a DBZ avatar...My fav was Vegeta. Ahh, good times, good time
Bah, I wasn't tryin to bash Zoro, if u noticed I said...Cak...in between statements xD.
But I didn't like that "good noob" statement, seemed low to me xD.
And Harrie, I hope you ain't serious. =)

An nice rhyme xYz =)

Zoro

Smash Champion
Lol my bad, I said nothin with anger or intention to start more lol...I just love this forum arguing crap =).

An zoro ty for having a DBZ avatar...My fav was Vegeta. Ahh, good times, good time
Bah, I wasn't tryin to bash Zoro, if u noticed I said...Cak...in between statements xD.
But I didn't like that "good noob" statement, seemed low to me xD.
And Harrie, I hope you ain't serious. =)

An nice rhyme xYz =)
we coo gah
anyway i use noob in regards to time not skill
as in new to the competitive scene
i am technically a noob skillwise

good noobs literal translation is this:

A player with impressive skill or potential that has just entered the competitive smash scene

PolMex23

Smash Champion
we coo gah
anyway i use noob in regards to time not skill
as in new to the competitive scene
i am technically a noob skillwise

good noobs literal translation is this:

A player with impressive skill or potential that has just entered the competitive smash scene
Ok coo, glad I got that settled. Lol i thought my shenanigans was about to start a forum war =). I can't wait till the 19th.

An good translation for "good noob". Never thought of it like that xD

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Zoro, in that case the term you should use is newb. It's not the same as noob.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
its insane how we still alittle under 2 weeks from this thing, and theres 450+ forum posts in the thread. You had might as well crash the hype train through the front door of gigs, then drop another hype train on top, just for safe measure

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright...let's end this high school type drama and move on, shall we?
ALright..I tok considerations in...and here's my new list.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet

Banned:

Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 2
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Alright. New stuff...

Corneria, Green Greens, and Onett are all banned due to wall chaingrabbing.

Pipes is not banned because DDD can't get the death grab up a slope like that...it's a bit random, but i can't really think of a reason to ban it yet.

Picto chat is banned due to Raistlin's reasoning and overall randomness and walls... ;_;

PS1 is counterpick mainly due to the windmill making things blah...nobody wants to play on it every 6 or so times...The windmill and the edges (which are more random feeling than either lylat or FD...and not just due to appearances) aren't enough to ban it, but to move it to the counterpick list.

Pirate ship is counterpick because the hazards aren't enough to greatly affect gameplay with anybody who has a brain.

What would people think about Delfino on Neutral? I personally support this idea.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Zoro, in that case the term you should use is newb. It's not the same as noob.
Your right manko ive done the research and it seems that newb is a person that is new to something. I stand corrected

but newb is a horrible word
noob is alot better.

so im not changing it!

Zoro

Smash Champion
I dont think anyone would go for delfino on neutral because some characters have problems with its ever changingness.

I love delfino i just dont think its neutral

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Normally i just hit em with my car, but sometimes i get go up close and gouge their eyes out with a linoleum knife.
As long as they don't talk to you all wrong, you wont have to resort to the soldering iron to the face... but yeah,... you still might hurt somebody.

And remember folks, don't run with the scissors!

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Any stage that has walk off edges even if for only a short time shouldn't be a neutral in my opinion. PS1 is so much better suited as a neutral.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Bring your knives, I'm bringin the gunz.

>______________________<

I wish I could go to giga ;_;
I'll just bring my fists!

wait wtf?
you signed up for this?
and you placed 65th
(that rhymed)

Ummm, I placed 97th (aka lost as early as possible, got ripped off both times with the last stock on the last match, both at high percentage double hit where both fly opposite directions but I went off the side .23189 seconds before they did for the loss) but I found that quite comical myself (I get amused with hilarious deaths, even when they're my own).

But anywho yeah, i placed bad but might as well go to this tourney cause it'll be fun fun fun fun.....fun. Plus I learned some new tricks so watch out everyone I might take a stock off you!

Oh and Mr. H. I saw the vids and you definetly should not be classified as a noob, newb, scrub or whatever you whipper snappers are calling them these days.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Why don't they just do ALL final destination, that way no one complains about platforms taking out their air game or messing with their attacks and it just comes down to pure skill and no strategy.

That's kind of a bad idea though, so everyone should learn to compromise...just throwin' it out there.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
IMO bring a extra 10 dollars, something tells me it wont be my money paying for your lunch.
your an idiot

I'm saying I'll MM you for ten so I'll have money for other stuff. Not because I may take your money or not.

Being cocky gets you nowhere right now as well.

$10.00 is fine. Unless you want to play for more, then nvm.

Gindler

Smash Champion
your an idiot

I'm saying I'll MM you for ten so I'll have money for other stuff. Not because I may take your money or not.

Being cocky gets you nowhere right now. Your new, and just happened to place decently at a tourney. Ok. How does that give you the right to insult other smashers and act amazing? It doesn't. So please, if you would be so kind as to stop, that'd be awesome!

Anyways, $10.00 is fine. Unless you want to play for more, then nvm.
Yeah, what he said. :chuckle:

Laijin

Smash Hero
I love mario circuit.
Honestly, since this game is new. There obviously are no official stage bans. So in my personal opinion, this will work out best: the contestants of the tournament should be able to vote for which stages get banned. If 3/4ths of the tournament agrees to ban a stage, then the stage should banned.

Seriously. That will work out so well.

Raistlin

Smash Lord

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Distant Planet

Banned:

Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 2
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Alright. New stuff...

Pipes is not banned because DDD can't get the death grab up a slope like that...it's a bit random, but i can't really think of a reason to ban it yet.

Picto chat is banned due to Raistlin's reasoning and overall randomness and walls... ;_;

PS1 is counterpick mainly due to the windmill making things blah...nobody wants to play on it every 6 or so times...The windmill and the edges (which are more random feeling than either lylat or FD...and not just due to appearances) aren't enough to ban it, but to move it to the counterpick list.

Pirate ship is counterpick because the hazards aren't enough to greatly affect gameplay with anybody who has a brain.

What would people think about Delfino on Neutral? I personally support this idea.
I guess go with this. I'm still "eh" about Pipes, but Pirate Ship isn't completely awful I guess. Good list, sir, good list.

About Delfino. I like it, it's definitely a good stage, the only problem is that it's not really a NEUTRAL stage. Neutrals tend to just have some platforms and, with the exception of PS1 in melee, never changed. Delfino changes quite a bit, with the stage moving around and temporary walk-off ledges appearing. It's a great stage, it just doesn't seem quite "neutral" enough.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I just hate when people "water camp" on pirate ship. You can't really do anything because when you go in to attack them they'll just Bup you which is so pansyish and annoying, also an easy way to go into a pathetic sudden death.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Distant Planet

Banned:

Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 2
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Alright. New stuff...

As much as i would love to see Delfino as a neutral, I don't think enough people will support it. It does change and has a temporary walk off stage (or two I think). However, I don't think those changes really hurt the stage. It's a lot of fun to have a 1 v 1 on there. I say neutral but counterpick is still fine with me.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I support Delfino as a neutral, but I'll be fine with it as a counterpick.

(If my vote counts for anything :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom