• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/18 - WATO 5.5 - Who Ate That Omelette? - Orlando, FL - MELEE AND BRAWL!

Scidadle

Smash Champion
>:3

Alrght, I was originally gonna come with a friend but he decided he couldn't go at the last moment.

I'll see if I can get there

WOOOOO

OMW

Dad said if he likes the people there (which he will) he will let me carpool >:3

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
practice shffling, then play people, and read a lot about characters
Unfortunately I have no means of practice. I don't own melee. I don't have a memory card to use if someone was to lend me melee. The closest people near me live 15-20 minutes from me and I have no way to get to their houses. And unfortunately, my parents are kinda against me doing this. After every tourny I go to, it always goes days before my father actually speaks to me. My mom thinks I am a gambler. With that said, my only source is to play people at my college, and the only people I play are uuaa, Legion, Zoro, and Vericz, players all leagues better than me. However, I cant get enough practice because I'll have to take turns with several people so I cant really train. I already read a lot and watch a lot of vids, I know what to do, I just can't do it. Unfortunately for me, I'm a brawl nub, even though I use quite a difficult character in Yoshi in Brawl, but it's brawl, right? I'll keep practicing my shffling, while I consistently get 4-stocked. I don't mind. At least players will see that I'm trying.

/frustration

Don't play below high-tier characters
I play Falcon in Melee.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Unfortunately I have no means of practice. I don't own melee. I don't have a memory card to use if someone was to lend me melee. The closest people near me live 15-20 minutes from me and I have no way to get to their houses. And unfortunately, my parents are kinda against me doing this. After every tourny I go to, it always goes days before my father actually speaks to me. My mom thinks I am a gambler. With that said, my only source is to play people at my college, and the only people I play are uuaa, Legion, Zoro, and Vericz, players all leagues better than me. However, I cant get enough practice because I'll have to take turns with several people so I cant really train. I already read a lot and watch a lot of vids, I know what to do, I just can't do it. Unfortunately for me, I'm a brawl nub, even though I use quite a difficult character in Yoshi in Brawl, but it's brawl, right? I'll keep practicing my shffling, while I consistently get 4-stocked. I don't mind. At least players will see that I'm trying.

/frustration

I play Falcon in Melee.
i shed a tear for a fellow falconeer. hang in there buddy, one day you'll be as great as c@sh Mooney.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Don't play below high-tier characters
**** I'm also lost. LOL

I have a memory card, how much blocks of space does a melee game take up again? (I have another memory card, and I could let you borrow that)

I also wish for MOAR training too, and its a bit harder for me to play Doc. I know some people say I must get good with a good character, but I can't start now. Its too late, and I love doc, and mario. I'm a mario freak, man. My first backpack ever was a super mario back pack mang! I want to be awesome, but I rarely even get that much melee in anymore. :[

My parents hate videogames, and really don't like me for who I am. Also I'm not that much independent, and I probaly might be moving anyways. I don't think I got that job. What can one do? If only life were perfect.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
@DTorr, just save money for a bike and melee, and stop going to melee tournaments. Just play for friendlies no matter how long you have to wait, the better you get the less you wait to play. You don't need to waste money to get better.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So umm, I hope there is a Wato 5.6 man, cuz I'm itching for some smash. And I WANNA COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :]

Gindler

Smash Champion
I cant comprehend how to get good at melee, I'm literally lost. I love melee but...ugh.

Edit: I love melee, melee is yes, melee is the TRUTH.
I know right? I think it's the fast movement needed, my hand muscles just aren't up to it or something

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Thanks guys, I'm kinda over it right now, playing (melee) Yoshi does help a bit after i made that big post.

Chops, I only wish I was in the scene a bit earlier to learn your ways. As for now, I'll do as you told me and just throw people around XD.

MeowMix, I haven't really entered any Melee tournies. The only time I did Melee singles was for WATO5 and 5.5.

I got a lot of work ahead of me. JYES

*goes to Seafoam Islands Cave and trains Falcon and Yoshi under extreme conditions*

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
yay this was a fun melee success!

thanks all who came!

from what i know:

melee dubs: (6 teams)

1. colbol+dop
2. qdvs+hbox
3. uuaa+F-0

melee singles (15/16 entrants i think)

1. hbox
2. qdvs
3. colbol
4. Dop
5. The Law (i think)
5. Uuaa (i think)

brawl singles: (2 entrants)

1st. hbox
2nd. fearless

lol

See you guys at WATO6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(it'll be IIIII good)

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
I originally planned on getting practice for brawl gigs but ended up playing melee the WHOLE TIME AND IT WAS AWESOME! **** brale haha

but uhh we played best of 3 i got 2-0'd hbox 2gud at gimps.

I agree with D-Torr about one thing, though that keeps me from wanting to go to melee tournaments like EVERY weekend. I don't want to waste money driving an hour and a half to get to decent competition just to have to sit out every other game to the melee pro's who hog the TV. I mean, there really isn't any other way to operate friendlies, and I surely want to hold the TV when I win and it's nice motivation and all, but setups are ALWAYS lacking at tournaments and this kind of thing will always happen. I like small smashfests with plenty setups way better because I can sit and get my *** kicked over and over again and at least TRY to learn something of it.

shoutouts

1. hungry - good shiat on winning... and yeah the air was definantly not cold at all no johns were in florida
2. QDVS - good shiat on being amazing at melee
3. col bol - Thanks for the advice, it really is greatly appreciated... someday i shall be on your level
4. the law - first time meeting you but wow amazing falco i got *****
5. dop - i didn't actually converse with you i don't think but you're ****in hilarious lol
5. uuaa - MY HERO. Thank you for the advice \ props! Someday you'll surpass shiz. Someday.....
7. dark sonic - Lol you're so good even tho i ***** u rlly are amazing.... at being gay with marth..
7. rx - - TECHNO METAL BAND first rehersal friday?

Kyon - We'll team someday and perhaps even at gigs. Mad props for your FAST peach.
D-Torr - You looked kinda bummed out towards the end, was nice chillin with ya
F-Zero - SEX ISN'T AS FUN AS SMASH lmao
Pengie - Someday, We're going to beat the **** out of dark sonic... someday
Scidadle - Mini Vericx \ uuaa \ capn crunch looked like u had fun for first tournament ever and thats really impressive especially since your local competition sucks keep going to tournies, idk if anyone told you but hungrybox and colin are both ur age so don't be discouraged (if you were? idk)
Frames - Where did you go? one second you were there and then you were gone lol nice seeing you
B@ - You make me laugh lol
Sprinkles - Mad impressive piano skills have fun at prom? lol
Hiroshi - Wanted to play you =/ next time

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Good **** getting second Queen, ****!

7. dark sonic - Lol you're so good even tho i ***** u rlly are amazing.... at being gay with marth..
He is so goddam gay with Marth. I hope he didn't make you play him on Corneria.

(<3 to Gabe)

Top Bottom