• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/16/11 CPR2: Resuscitating Da Metagame ft GDX/Trump/Ryder/Kyon/Dtorr/2djeff & DDD^_^

OverLade

Smash Hero
Nah dude I'm not cocky I just do my best. Your annoying as **** and you rage way to much lol like way too much
Im cocky, but not like you halzy. U mad?
Alright so lets break this down...

e·go/ˈēgō/Noun
1. A person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance: "a boost to my ego".
2. The part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity.

****·y (kk)
adj. ****·i·er, ****·i·est
Overly self-assertive or self-confident.

ar·ro·gant/ˈarəgənt/
Adjective: Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities. More »

So yeah... I'm not cocky, or arrogant, and my ego is pretty relative. I'm the 3rd ranked player in Florida. I had no sober unranked losses last PR period. I don't expect to lose to anyone besides Seibs, Esam, and Hrnut. I have a right to think highly of myself, but unlike a lotta the other top players in FL I like interacting with everyone as long as they don't put themselves on a pedastal. I don't put myself above people, so anyone who puts themselves above other people, ESPECIALLY myself, and isn't on the same level makes themselves look ********.

It's cool to be a cocky person. I think competitive people are awesome, but there's a difference between being cocky inside and outside smash. I could go on but yeah...

gallax

Smash Hero
^^^^^^^^^
Lololol. Hrnut being a human troll.

Btw this is what i think what happens when halberd gets on:

Random Player: "Im good at smash now!! I recently beat these guys who everyone else thinks is good. yay!!! Im so happy!!!'

Halberd comes in and reads about player beating someone and letting people know:

Then proceeds to bash player about being proud of his wins. Then after bashing must state how he grew up in smash and how hes beaten people and they havent and how they need to stop being cocky about beating people.

Random player that originally posted message:

2-DJeff

Smash Master
LMAO you dont know me outside of smash lol.. I think your a **** in smash lol
"I had no sober unranked losses last PR period. I don't expect to lose to anyone besides Seibs, Esam, and Hrnut"
(****·y (kk)
Overly self-assertive or self-confident.)
i think this lines fits with overly self confident lol
chill out hahahahah
just being real bro like you said

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Nah dude I'm not cocky I just do my best. Your annoying as **** and you rage way to much lol like way too much
lmao quoted for truth bro, couldn't say it better myself. This guy is like the biggest hypocrite I know and all his definitions fit him. I can't even talk to the guy on fb without it ending it on, no ur wrong im right, now stfu ur wasting my time. Also i figured out the problem was just a misunderstanding, although coincidentally it does seem to happen often unfortunately. So the only person who really seems mad at me is you lol. You should take it up with me next time u see me in tourney. Holding a grudge against me aint healthy bro. Espeically when you feel the need to post in OOS threads how I'm not relevant only to pretend like your the **** furthermore. Lol why do you even bother stating that you feel that your cockiness should be legitimized by ur 3rd pr placing? be humble mother****er <3

Not to mention even ur location portrays ur arrogance rofl.

lmao good **** 2djeff for making legible posts <3.

OverLade

Smash Hero
-dead-@Gallax.

Yeah you're right. I can't give anyone credit for beating someone who isn't amazing in my eyes. Sorry?

LMAO you dont know me outside of smash lol.. I think your a **** in smash lol
"I had no sober unranked losses last PR period. I don't expect to lose to anyone besides Seibs, Esam, and Hrnut"
(****·y (kk)
Overly self-assertive or self-confident.)
i think this lines fits with overly self confident lol
chill out hahahahah
just being real bro like you said
But I'm ridiculously self confident because I'm ridiculously good.. So I'm not overly self confident or assertive ;)
lmao quoted for truth bro, couldn't say it better myself. This guy is like the biggest hypocrite I know and all his definitions fit him. I can't even talk to the guy on fb without it ending it on, no ur wrong im right, now stfu ur wasting my time. Also i figured out the problem was just a misunderstanding, although coincidentally it does seem to happen often unfortunately. So the only person who really seems mad at me is you lol. You should take it up with me next time u see me in tourney. Holding a grudge against me aint healthy bro. Espeically when you feel the need to post in OOS threads how I'm not relevant only to pretend like your the **** furthermore. Lol why do you even bother stating that you feel that your cockiness should be legitimized by ur 3rd pr placing? be humble mother****er <3

Not to mention even ur location portrays ur arrogance rofl.
My location simply reminds people that I'm godlike, not that anyone would forget :awesome:

And you're still an *******. I'm only an ******* sometimes. I'm like America. I'm kinda like the Smash World Police. Do as I say not as I do :cool::cool::cool:
Yeah, he PROBABLY would have.
Damn son...

SAX

Smash Ace
-dead-@Gallax.

Yeah you're right. I can't give anyone credit for beating someone who isn't amazing in my eyes. Sorry?

But I'm ridiculously self confident because I'm ridiculously good.. So I'm not overly self confident or assertive ;)
My location simply reminds people that I'm godlike, not that anyone would forget :awesome:

And you're still an *******. I'm only an ******* sometimes. I'm like America. I'm kinda like the Smash World Police. Do as I say not as I do :cool::cool::cool:

Damn son...

Inside joke bro lol.
U mad? :troll:*

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hal, you obv missed in the ucf board.
Jeff wrote Probably as Robabky, and we've been trolling him ever since about it.

PS. Kinda salty that i won 2, lost 2, placed the same as Dice, who won none, and people who only won 1 match still placed higher than me.
-.-

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Its funny that you tell me that I can't accept the fact that ppl think im arrogant or whatnot when you can't even do it. I'm starting to think the stuff you were saying was just self-reflectance rather than advice rofl. Your posts are always like this: im not cocky, im just the best metaknight as long as seibrik isnt gay. get on my level son. Oh ur not mk? ur argument is therefore illogical and im the ****. If you were on the PR you would be worth my time, but your not, so good day to you sir ;)

Yo to be real though, I think halzy is just bipolar more than anything.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Does anyone hate gallax...because....if you do then I hate gallax therefore you hate me...wait....No one can hate me I'm the funnest smasher to fight in the state...trolling + being a good player makes it so fun^_^

Halberd is one of my fav smasher cuz he's black and keeps it real lol

Mampam is top tier though

Exdeath

Smash Master
DDD, I used to feel similar to how you feel, but then I realized that it isn't a case of people around you being malicious. It's probably just a case of you being more organized/time-efficient than the people around you and then holding your expectations over others (even if you don't mean to). I think of it as a downside to the Smash community being so chill -- it makes it easier to deal with. :)

Gallax and Red Halberd are bitter enemies in an everlasting struggle for the title of the True Salt King™.

Damn son...
To go ahead and ruin the joke, 2DJ Jeck misspelled "probably" as "robabky." Thus, a CFL meme was born. :awesome:

Nah dude I'm not cocky

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I was a right hand man in the creation of robabky.

you're welcome for always trolling you jeff.

and thank you jeff for making this all possible.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Np mink and xdeath if I was cocky I would make fun of everyone I beat horribly like 3 stock. But I don't until that person say anything. I only bag on people if I get offended

pesticide

Smash Lord
Np mink and xdeath if I was cocky I would make fun of everyone I beat horribly like 3 stock. But I don't until that person say anything. I only bag on people if I get offended
Jeff, I see that ur tryin to make a point about only baggin on people when u get offended, but I wana talk about sumthing completely different now

KANYE'D

:troll:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Cocky is believing that you are above your station (I use insolent over cocky, personally). That is, you hype yourself, regardless of the basis of that hype. What you're talking about is dehyping other people so that your own low-hype self is relatively high in hype. In other words cocky isn't malicious like you seem to think that it is. It is, however, offensive to those who recognize their status as being above yours. In other words, when you claim to be on an equal skill plane with a better player (e.g. HRNut). Because of this, you are violating a social norm. This is why it bothers Red Halberd.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I never in my life said or bragged about being better or even as good as hrnut. Get your facts straight dumb ****.. your so dumb if I honestly ever said that I'm sure he would never train me. Stop putting false information in your argument. Makes you look dumb as ****. Correct me if I'm wrong but I went on the pr thread and said take my win vs hrnut off. stfu xdeath because your just pulling **** outta your *** to make seem...not smart but dumb as hell

_Dice

Smash Ace
so.... about the tournament, i wonder who else tied with my ganon at 11th place. :)

Exdeath

Smash Master
I never in my life said or bragged about being better or even as good as hrnut. Get your facts straight dumb ****.. your so dumb if I honestly ever said that I'm sure he would never train me. Stop putting false information in your argument. Makes you look dumb as ****. Correct me if I'm wrong but I went on the pr thread and said take my win vs hrnut off. stfu xdeath because your just pulling **** outta your *** to make seem...not smart but dumb as hell
I was using it as an example of the sake of clarification, not as an example of you being cocky (I generally stay away from this because it can be close to violating someone's confidence). Props on being unreasonably salty at the drop of a hat.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Xdeath sometimes talking with you is unreasonable. Especially that time when you said if ic holds 2 bananas from diddy, diddy can't win

Exdeath

Smash Master
Xdeath sometimes talking with you is unreasonable. Especially that time when you said if ic holds 2 bananas from diddy, diddy can't win
I said that when ICs have 2 bananas that they cut off a lot of Diddy's ground options, which they do. If you want me to give you an example of you being cocky in relation to where you think that you're at, then I will.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Lol jeff is so aggro

IN REAL LIFE lol

And I wouldn't stop training you if you said that I'd just be like

Interesting theory how do you propose that you make me believe it?? Lol

Top Bottom