• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd Central Alberta Smash Tournament "CAST3" - August 11th, 2007.

RING1337

Smash Cadet
Oh! and apparently Victor if you remember Joel Birney? he works at the ****ty game shop in town and says that the boss was interested in sponsoring our tournament, so I think they want to hook up some t.v.'s and what not in exchange for advertising.
I told Joel no, for now.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah i heard about that and i'm totally fine with that if he can pull it off. Sponsoring our tournament in exchange for advertising. Sounds great.
If you get any word for him lemme know. lol.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hey victra. this just in, my falco sucks. expecsially comparatively.

But I still need levi to help me work my zelda

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Oh! and apparently Victor if you remember Joel Birney? he works at the ****ty game shop in town and says that the boss was interested in sponsoring our tournament, so I think they want to hook up some t.v.'s and what not in exchange for advertising.
I told Joel no, for now.
Okay, this is a golden opportunity.

If this game shop is privately owned and thinking of going big, we could possibly get it to support us when we travel for tournaments. Please look into it, the washington guys have it and it'd be sweet if we had it to. I think the WA guys get sponsored like, $100.00 each.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for more random rules nitpicking, but, can 2 people/teams agree on a stage in place of random select for the first match?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
yes, they can.

and btw, did we have a vote yet on what food is going to be ordered for everyone? or what?

i find pizza pretty expensive, so 5 bucks wont really fill anyone up. sooo.....

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
agreed, plus with the change of the event prices, i think that providing lunch will really affect the already low prize money.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So make sure everyone brings some lunch money, there are plenty of places to eat downtown so bring about 10-20 dollars for yourselves if you're planning on eating lunch that day. Of course, you could always pack your own lunch.

edit: Crap, another double post.

FastFox

BRoomer
Okay guys, this is extremely important.

Today in the Edmonton Journal there was an article about a 19 year old guy who played Dead Or Alive 4 for a living. It described his tournament participation, his winnings, and how the videogame industry is rapidly expanding. This gives the impression that gamers like ourselves are finally obtaining the recognition we deserve. IF, we could make our voice heard (I am going to write a letter to the journal), we could be looking at much more frequent tournaments, sponsorship for travelling, and maybe even jobs.

I thought I'd post this here since everybody from TCCT is going to look here anyways.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Edmonton Journal. I usually read the Edmonton Sun.
mmm. sunshine girl. LOL jk.

FastFox

BRoomer
I love how the whole Alberta smash scene consists of /b/tards.

Some of which need to lurk moar.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Sid confirms 100% (we're getting greyhound tix 2morrow)

Team name update: Bananas

That is all.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No it's not being dropped.
The prize money is low enough, and because i was generous enough to make two events free, i need to keep, if not increase the admission fee, not only for the prizes, but for the rental costs.

For now, i'm thinking i will not provide lunch or snacks so bring your own lunch or money for lunch. But depending on how many people attend, i'll most likely supply snacks, similar to the past CASTs.

Also, does anyone know if Mike, Steve, Stu etc. are attending? And whats the deal with Alex and the Pro-Impact Players?

EDIT: Brad, it's the summer. Get a job. :^)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Alex might be camping, so he's waiting on an asnwer from his parents. I forget what Randall said, but I'm pretty sure he plans to attend (but don't take my word for it), I haven't heard what the rest of them are doing.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
er, so entrance fee is for us paying for ur tourney's rental? great.

Top Bottom