• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd Central Alberta Smash Tournament "CAST3" - August 11th, 2007.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I agree with my team mate.

Singles five bucks. CAST has been known for it's great outcome at a cheap price.

I like CAST because it's more fun than competition.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya exactly. i dont see why levi or whoever would want to approve on making it 10 bucks. its not like ur gonna win any money anyway.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah i guess so. Sometime this weekend I'll change the admission price.
Btw, Joel. Updated your Doubles name.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Might as well add me to the confimed list.

And yes, I'll likely be yelling at you all again. So look forward to that.
"Your match is NOW! No, you can't just finish this stock! Match! NOW!"

BackItch
Chad Taylor
Calgary, AB

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Crew Battle + Low Tier Rules

OK HERE WE GO:

Crew Battle Rules
-Each team is given 20 stocks to divide evenly [some-what] between the players.
-Teams have to consist of at least 5 people, and no more than 20 people. (You can't have less than 1 stock per person, lol)
-The winner of each match will keep his / her remaining stocks and bring it to the next match, damage % does not carry over.
-The winner of the previous match must self destruct untill he / she is at the amount of remaining stocks from the match prior to the current one. After the stocks are set right, both players must go into starting positions and wait for someone standing nearby to say go for them, then the match starts.
-Characters played by each team member must be determined prior to starting the crew battle, they may not change. They also do not have to be told to the other team prior to being put into play.
-Stages are the same as in 1v1, there are no counterpicks.
-The first match will have team members played as double blind picks [both teams secretly pick which team mate they will put into play first (usually determined by the teams captain)]
-All tactics banned in 1v1 are also banned in crew battles.
-All general 1v1 rules apply
-When one team is out of stocks the other team has won.
-Once a person is in play they do not stop playing untill either the crew battle is over, or they run out of stocks [THIS ISN'T POKEMON GUYS, NO BATON PASSING]

Here is a quick little demo to show you how a crew battle works:
quoted for seperation said:
3 person crew battle:

Team 1:
Player A: 4 stocks - Pikachu
Player B: 4 stocks - Sheik
Player C: 4 stocks - Donkey Kong

Team 2:
Player X: 4 stocks - Marth
Player Y: 4 stocks - Roy
Player Z: 4 stocks - Peach

Team 1: 12 stocks, Team 2: 12 stocks

Match #1: Team 1 is picks player B (4 stocks), Team 2 Picks player X (4 stocks)
Player B wins by 2 stocks

Team 1: 10 stocks, Team 2: 8 stocks

Match #2: Team 1 is still using player B (2 stocks), Team 2 Picks player Z (4 stocks)
Player Z wins by 4 stocks

Team 1: 8 stocks, Team 2: 8 stocks

Match #3: Team 1 picks player A (4 stocks), Team 2 is still using Player Z (4 stocks)
Player A wins by 3 stocks

Team 1: 7 stocks, Team 2: 4 stocks

Match #4: Team 1 is still using Player A (3 stocks), Team 2 picks player Y (4 Stocks)
Player Y wins by 2 stock

Team 1: 4 stocks, Team 2: 2 stocks

Match #5: Team 1 picks Player C (4 stocks), Team 2 is still using Player Y (2 stocks)
Player Y wins by 1 stock

Team 1: 0 stocks, Team 2: 1 stock
Team 2 wins! (Roy is top tier, lol)

Low Tier Rules
-You may only play low and bottom tier characters: Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Young Link, Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda, Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo
-If you accidently press down+b as zelda you must IMEDIATELY switch back to zelda, if you do ANY DAMAGE AT ALL as sheik you will be forced to forfeit that match.
-All other 1v1 rules apply

There you go, color it however you want victra, put it in the first post.

I wrote it all today, anyone see any mistakes? After writing all of that it made me realize, lots of us haven't experienced any real crew battles, so i think given the chance to vote on whether we do crews or low tier, I'd vote crews.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Alias - Beeble aka GSUS
Name - Mike Whyte
Location - Edmonton

On stages - Unban Green Greens. Its legit for a counterstage, especially when you consider Yoshi`s Island, Onett and MKII aren`t banned. Me wants.

On Teams - Teaming with Sid aka LemonLau37, using some random junk like Santhrax or Shinkansen, or something new and still junky.

On Crews - YAY! I vote team Edmonton vs the world. That being said, if pools for singles will detract from crews or low tier, then lets go straight to the bracket.

On low tier - Using low and bottom from the list here?

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
@ Beeble:
On stages - Sorry, that was copy / paste from CAST2, I meant to put green greens back.
On low tier - Yeah, that's the character list for low tiers.

@ Everyone:
Alex Suggested to me something about crews: Maybe we should have several captains, and then have them pick from whoever would like to participate. Kinda like if it were some sort of school thing, lol. I think it's an interesting idea, but with money on the line, i'm not so sure. I think it's definately worth discussing though.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I agree with pretty much everything there. expecsially green greens, I want it too.

edit: hmm picking teams? would make it more even, but naw. thats the worst thing schools ever did it just dissapoints, it vicious.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
If you get picked last that's just telling you something.

As harsh as it is, if you think you suck and don't wanna get hurt then don't join crews.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I dont think we should do it that way, even though it would prevent edmonton from taking it full in stride.

Lol sean, it depends sometimes I got picked, I was good at some games.

and only now am I too busy with the ladies, never was before.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Also, Captains is a great Idea. We could have 4 captains and split everyone into 4 crews. =\

I've also updated. Whoops, double post.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
As Mariownage said, it would be nice to do crews that way to balance it out, but there's money on the line so I don't think that that is a good idea.

Any word on pools? Does anyone really want to scratch crews and low tier for them?

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I vote no pools, and maybe just have the crews for fun[?] I'm sure no one really cares about the money of crews anyways, but that's just me and I'm in this for fun.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
I can't confirm for sid 100%, but I can for 95%...

Crews for fun with the captains works for me, and yeah, there aren't a lot of legit crews that would want to enter for money. If there are, find an opponent and money match.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, free admission for Crew and Low Tier if you want i guess.
That means no prizes but people can have money matches.
Imma change it. I love that idea.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Top 4 of Alberta for captains?
1 from some of major Areas?
Top 4 Nominated?

How are captains determined needs to be worked out now.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
To any team captains who saw what happened in vancouver: It won't happen again, I swear. Please don't pick me last :urg:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Don't worry, I'll be picked last.

Anyways, I'm saying 8 captains, that way we have 8 crews. That would work out into nice tourney brackets.

Brad and I were discussing on MSN and we decided that the Captains should be the Edmonton players. Considering, if a crew for example, had Carl and Shawn on the same team, there likely to win.
So assuming 8 Edmonton players come, we'd make them the captains.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Are we gonna have 40+ ppl to have 8 crews? I say 4 Crews regardless of number, single elimination bracket. As much as I would love to hype this and make it some big event, we have to accept the reality that it is a side event with on-the-spot crews.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I think 8 crews divides the greats a little better, and manages to make it less signifigant when theres a number change (8 crews of 5 rather than 4 crews of ten)

but thats me.

edit: screw you sean, no way.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Brad just doesn't want to be picked last.
Last time i checked, Sheik and Falco weren't Low Tier.
Just joshing you Brad.

And yeah, Brad and I decided for 8 crews for the reason he mentioned above. A single elimination is most likely what is going to happen. HOWEVER, if time is short after doubles and singles, then we may have to have 4 crews instead of 8.

Also, more TV donations are needed.

Oh, and I updated the prices, so check that out.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
joel and i are called "The Abusement Park"

and ill be like 99% able to make it.

and my friend henry! from edmonton. but we need a ride for him!. anyone..? :D carl?

Top Bottom