• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd Central Alberta Smash Tournament "CAST3" - August 11th, 2007.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Teh Fair is back with another multi-event tournament: there will be a; 1v1 [Singles], 2v2 [Doubles] tournament and potentially either: 5 man crew battles or a low tier tournament or even both!

*Note: For those unaware, there are no restrictions to the amount of events you choose to participate in as long as you pay for each event.
--------

Location, Date & Time
  • The tournament will take place in the Red Deer Public Library's Snell Auditorium: located in the lower level of the Library [DOWNSTAIRS, *******]. The library is located at 4818-49 Street, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
  • The tournament is on August 11th, 2007, events will start as early as 11:00 AM, and end roughly at 7:00 PM

Admission fees & Pot Division

• Entrance fee
    To enter the tournament area, admission will be $5.00.
    Which will allow you in and out whenever you please. Be warned if you are nowhere to be seen, and a match of yours turns up, you will be forced to forfeit the match. Food also will be provided to you partway through the day.
    Another General Rule: Any outburts of anger or rage (ie. Throwing your controller or striking it violently) will result in forfiet of the match due to unsportsman like conduct.
  • Singles [1v1]
    Admission fee: $5.00
    Pot Division: 60/30/10
  • Doubles [2v2]
    Admission fee: $5.00 per person [$10.00 total per team]
    Pot Division: 60/30/10
  • Other [Low Tier 1v1 or 5 man crew battles]
    Admission fee: Free!
    Crew Battle Pot Division: $0 But feel free to have crew money matches
    Low Tier Pot Division: : $0 But feel free to have crew money matches
Rules
  • Singles / Doubles Rules
    -4 stock
    -8 minutes
    -Best 2/3 matches,
    -Semi Finals of both brackets will be best 3/5.
    -Finals will be best 3/5 match.
    -Double elimination
    -Items will be off
  • Stage Rules
    -At the beginning of the set each player will be given the chance to strike a stage, each stage selected will not be played in the set
    - The first match of a set's stage will be selected randomly, the Loser then announces the next stage he/she will select, then winner will have the choice of a character change, followed by the loser change selecting their character
    -The random stages include: Pokémon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Kirby64.
    -The banned stages include: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Kongo Jungle, Mushroom Kingdom I, Green Greens,
    -Counter picks will include: Princess Peach's Castle, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Corneria, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Pokémon Stadium, Mute City, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom II, Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Congo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Poké Floats, Final Destination.
    -No one may counter pick a stage they have already won on [Dave's Stupid Rule]
    -In 2v2 Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned

*If anyone would like to change the current random, banned or counter pick stages, let me know and if there are enough votes, I will change it.
  • Additional Rules
    -Double Blind pick may be called at any time
    -Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned.
    -Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer and in certain cases, you may be disqualified.
    -Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
    -Infinite grabs [Wobbling] with Ice Climbers is an automatic forfeit of the match.
    -A rowdy behavior will not be tolerated, and people with such an attitude will be disqualified and will be kicked out of the tournament.
    Showing enthusiasm for the game is not being rowdy*
    -Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jigg's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
    -FastFox must now be twice as fast
    -BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER
As always we will need people to help bring in TV's, Gamecubes, Discs, Memory cards, and maybe even VCR's (with AV cords of course.) =:3, and again don't forget to bring a controller.

• Crew Battle Rules
    -Each team is given 20 stocks to divide evenly [some-what] between the players.
    -There will be 8 Captains who will divide the participants into 8 separate crews.
    -The winner of each match will keep his / her remaining stocks and bring it to the next match, damage % does not carry over.
    -The winner of the previous match must self destruct until he / she is at the amount of remaining stocks from the match prior to the current one. After the stocks are set right, both players must go into starting positions and wait for someone standing nearby to say go for them, then the match starts.
    -Characters played by each team member must be determined prior to starting the crew battle, they may not change. They also do not have to be told to the other team prior to being put into play.
    -Stages are the same as in 1v1, there are no counter picks.
    -The first match will have team members played as double blind picks [both teams secretly pick which team mate they will put into play first (usually determined by the teams captain)]
    -All tactics banned in 1v1 are also banned in crew battles.
    -All general 1v1 rules apply
    -When one team is out of stocks the other team has won.
    -Once a person is in play they do not stop playing until either the crew battle is over, or they run out of stocks [THIS ISN'T POKEMON GUYS, NO BATON PASSING]

Here is a quick little demo to show you how a crew battle works:

3 person crew battle:

Team 1:
Player A: 4 stocks - Pikachu
Player B: 4 stocks - Sheik
Player C: 4 stocks - Donkey Kong

Team 2:
Player X: 4 stocks - Marth
Player Y: 4 stocks - Roy
Player Z: 4 stocks - Peach

Team 1: 12 stocks, Team 2: 12 stocks

Match #1: Team 1 is picks player B (4 stocks), Team 2 Picks player X (4 stocks)
Player B wins by 2 stocks

Team 1: 10 stocks, Team 2: 8 stocks

Match #2: Team 1 is still using player B (2 stocks), Team 2 Picks player Z (4 stocks)
Player Z wins by 4 stocks

Team 1: 8 stocks, Team 2: 8 stocks

Match #3: Team 1 picks player A (4 stocks), Team 2 is still using Player Z (4 stocks)
Player A wins by 3 stocks

Team 1: 7 stocks, Team 2: 4 stocks

Match #4: Team 1 is still using Player A (3 stocks), Team 2 picks player Y (4 Stocks)
Player Y wins by 2 stock

Team 1: 4 stocks, Team 2: 2 stocks

Match #5: Team 1 picks Player C (4 stocks), Team 2 is still using Player Y (2 stocks)
Player Y wins by 1 stock

Team 1: 0 stocks, Team 2: 1 stock
Team 2 wins! (Roy is top tier, lol)

• Low Tier Rules
    -You may only play low and bottom tier characters: Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Young Link, Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda, Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo
    -If you accidentally press down+b as Zelda you must IMMEDIATELY switch back to Zelda, if you do ANY DAMAGE AT ALL as sheik you will be forced to forfeit that match.
    -All other 1v1 rules apply

List of Donations
p.s. moar tv's plz. kkthx
TV's
  1. =]
  2. =]
  3. BackItch
  4. BackItch
  5. FalseFalco
  6. Games & Music
  7. Games & Music
  8. K Lover

Gamecubes
  1. K Lover
  2. FastFox
  3. Kithkin
  4. IcingDeath
  5. NOOD
  6. Games & Music
  7. Games & Music

Game / Memory Card
  1. =]
  2. K Lover
  3. IcingDeath
  4. NOOD
  5. Kithkin

VCR's (av cord included.)
  1. NOOD
  2. Depressed_Brian

ANNNNNNNND FINALLY THE PLAYER LIST:
Feel free to post suggestions about tournament rules and what-not. As well as any questions you have about the tournament.

If you know you're coming post your:
  • Alias
  • First name
  • Location coming from
Feel free to add any other information you'd like others to know about too.

Confirmed Player list:
  1. =] (Mariownage)-Director
    Levi
    Calgary, Alberta

2. BackItch-Director
    Chad Taylor
    Calgary, AB

3. K Lover
    Sean
    Red Deer, Alberta

4. Kithkin
    Brad
    Calgary, Alberta

5. Neat
    Riley
    Calgary, Alberta

6. FastFox
    Joel
    Edmonton, Alberta

7. Tyson
    Tyson
    Edmonton, Alberta

8. Icingdeath
    Kevin
    Penhold, Alberta

9. FalseFalco
    Carl
    Edmonton, Alberta

10. NOOD
    Joel Birney
    Red Deer, Alberta

11. SHWN
    Shawn
    Edmonton, Alberta

12. Beeble/GSUS
    Mike Whyte
    Edmonton,Alberta

13. LemonLau/Neptune Eclipse
    Sid
    Edmonton, Alberta

14. Tyson's Friend
    Henry
    Edmonton, Alberta

15. Alphicans
    Luke
    Edmonton, Alberta

16. Kerm_Kick
    Mike
    Edmonton, Alberta

17. Crusade
    Matthew
    Edmonton, Alberta

18. MikeMonkey
    Mike
    Edmonton, Alberta

19. Stevo
    Steve
    Edmonton, Alberta

20. Reese
    Fazal
    Edmonton, Alberta

21. Prophecy / JC
    Kwesi
    Edmonton, Alberta

22. MagnuM
    Stu
    Edmonton, Alberta

23. FoxMachine
    Gary
    Calgary, Alberta

24. DJT
    Jeremy
    Calgary, Alberta

25. LG
    Kwesi's Friend
    Edmonton, Alberta

26. M
    Allan
    Calgary, Alberta

27. Dasupalouis
    Luis
    Edmonton, Alberta

Confirmed Teams list:
  1. THE ABUSEMENT PARK.
    - Tyson + FastFox
  2. The Stock Warehouse
    - FalseFalco+SHWN
  3. Ivan Ooze
    - Beeble + LemonLau
  4. Gary & Jeremy
    -Gary + Jeremy
  5. Team Awesome featuring the Rainbow Unicorn
    -Levi + Chad

Feel free to discuss your crews in the thread as well.
And here are some threads related to this area you might want to check out.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=87409
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=92006
New: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110112

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Things to really notice is that wobbling is banned and that striking of a stage at the beginning of a set, is on.

Wilson and I will probably be teaming.

After looking at the thread. I think the donations part should actually be numbered instead of bullets, for the format. IMO

Is there a vote for whether there will be a Crew battle or a low tier tournament, or what's determining that?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Kithkin (should be)
Kith
Sheik
Brad
Calgary.

theres my list put me on it victra.

who's gonna eb my teammate? chad? riley? someone good? (thats not saying riley and chad are bad, just saying I dont want someone who sucks) (lol jk) (lol I suck)

edit: screw low-tier tournament, 5 man crew battles, if anything. (hay guys, 5 man calgary? chad? riley? levi? alex? myself?)

edit2: yes my list of myself ahd to be that long. but to compensate I can probably bring a cube +the basics(gamememcardetc)

kithkin

Smash Champion
Levi says:
i was thinking 5 for singles and 3 for low tier or 8 for singles and 5 for low tier
but victra only wants bills
Brad says:
victras a nub, he'll dissapear for everything but the money anwyays
I say 8 singles, 5 teams, 3 low (if theres a low tier, I dont think there should be due to not everyone playing low tiers)
(and the fact that sid will be like the god of it)
like 5 per person teams
I say a rounded $20 should cover the whole thing
$8 singles, $5 per person teams, $3 low tier if low tier or crew, $4 entrance if there is a gay entrance fee.
rounded $20
nobody *****es:
sound smrat?

Victra, make it so, or imma complain tons. due to gay fees.

O shi- doubleh post.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
The crews aren't restricted to cities, just a little head's up. Anyone can go with anyone else.
Just a little F.Y.I.

Snoowy

Smash Rookie
Snoowy
Lewis
Red Deer, AB

I also have a couple friends that will probably be wanting to come. Two for sure and two others are a maybe. They don't have an account on here so can I just say Snoowy+2?
Can I do singles AND doubles? AND maybe low tier?
How does the 5 man crew work?
Anymore questions I can ask?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Theres no restrictions on what you can attend if you pay.

as lnog as theres room.

and I suggest you give your friends names or something at least so we can put them down, and assumably from red deer?
but yeah they can still have info if they dont have accounts here.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Updated the list and yes Lewis, you can attend as many events as you choose too.

p.s. Who wants to be my partner for doubles? (i suck)

and 5 man crew, Me, Sean, Wilson, Brad, Levi? (in that order) lol....

kithkin

Smash Champion
Victor, did you just make singles $10?

you cant be serious. not with the still $5 admission fee. this stuff used to be $5 total man, whats happening. (lol didnt chad pay for a bunch of stuff?)

Update the list right btw.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No. I personally wanted singles to be $5.00, but Levi (mariownage) insisted on having the singles admission as $10. If you talk to him, you could change his mind.

Please note that I am providing a full lunch w/drinks for everyone with the total amount from the admission price.

Snoowy

Smash Rookie
O look at that. How wonderful! Um so is there a deadline type thing for when you want all the players? I think one of my friends would be able to bring his Gamecube as well. Snoowy's friend #1 can be
Pyrosiege
Brenden
RD, AB
(He can bring the cube)

I can also bring a memory card and game if needed.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
great. Your new so do you have everything unlocked? xD If not you can always copy the data from my memory card. Um and do you have the name for your #2 friend?
Deadline for registration would be like end of July or something. lol

Snoowy

Smash Rookie
Friend #2 is named Friend #2...he's a bit of a oddball. I'M NOT NEW TO MELEE. Only new to the community type thing. But yes I have everything unlocked. Still need a couple trophies though...**** trophies...but level and character-wise yes I'm good to go.
End of July is awesome then. By then I can let you know if Friend #3 and 4 can play! Maybe even Friend #5.

Friend #2
Binary Boy
Dan
RD AB

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Me and Tyson are taking teams in this one >:3.

Whatch out CARL and SHAWN.

But ****, LOW TIER? Looks like I'll get to **** people with my Mewtwo!

kithkin

Smash Champion
No. I personally wanted singles to be $5.00, but Levi (mariownage) insisted on having the singles admission as $10. If you talk to him, you could change his mind.
Levi says:
i was thinking 5 for singles and 3 for low tier or 8 for singles and 5 for low tier
but victra only wants bills
Brad says:
victras a nub, he'll dissapear for everything but the money anwyays
I say 8 singles, 5 teams, 3 low (if theres a low tier, I dont think there should be due to not everyone playing low tiers)
(and the fact that sid will be like the god of it)
like 5 per person teams
I say a rounded $20 should cover the whole thing
$8 singles, $5 per person teams, $3 low tier if low tier or crew, $4 entrance if there is a gay entrance fee.
rounded $20
nobody *****es:
sound smrat?
read up victra.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
lol, that's exactly what i said to him/you. ANYWAYS, I'm not sure with crews yet, but if i'm with you chumps I'm the captain.

kithkin

Smash Champion
pshh I liked my idea better cause its a calgary rep team.

edit: if you're on a crew with me, go ahead I dont wanna be captain.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Joel, i'm assuming your confirmed as well as Tyson?

And Brad, i'm good with the current price of the admission, but i may change it later on. I'll talk to you about it Friday on MSN.

Edit: I'll update every Friday or so.

kithkin

Smash Champion
WAIT WHAT LEVI?!

god why does everyone fail where I finally reclaim recently?

oh well, and victra, you may be fine, but the general public, namely me, does not have money for this.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
im confirmed i guess for now, but i might have volunteer work, so ill see later on.
and so will my friend, henry, and he also might have volunteer work.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Victra<I like cubes. Rubik's actually>> says (10:45 PM):
u wanna have pools?
Victra<I like cubes. Rubik's actually>> says (10:46 PM):
also
i want the random stages to be FD PS and Dreamland 64
Yes to pools, and go ahead and make random stages that if you want, but i think they're only doing that @ 0C3 to help out the Japan players whom only play those stages and are going all the way to America to play.
I like those stages anyways =P

kithkin

Smash Champion
I say we do it like Ct3

and what I said about pools was we need something to set up the bracket. and victra has no computer to do it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I really would like to do pools but, If we do pools, the low tier and/or crew battle events will most likely be cut D:
Plus as Brad mentioned, i have no laptop to do it on.
Also, i'll probably have those three as the only random stages. >.>

P.S. Shawn, your teaming with Carl correct? You guys have a team name or something.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
There's nothing wrong with making your own rules for your own tournament. I'll miss yoshi's story though =[.

I'm bringing 2 TV's? I might be able to pull that off, though I don't remember mentioning 2 TV's :3

Lol my team looks like a math equation with all those symbols.

Victra do you want me to write out a rough rule set of crew battles for you?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
sure Levi, if you could that would be great.

p.s. wheres the Pro Impact Players D:

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
WTF, NO YOSHI'S STORY?

I demand a recount.

ALSO, me and Tyson have FINALLY come up with a name for our team. It's amazing, and we deserve chocolate.

We are... THE ABUSEMENT PARK.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
MAKE THE SINGLES 5 BUCKS AHHHHHHHHH

either that, or screw the entrance fee, we buy our own lunch.

Top Bottom