• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3-Stocked a Lvl 9 Meta Knight

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNG5Yzcj58

Had this match while I was staying in a student house in Swindon, Wiltshire. Had one opponent on random at Lvl 9 while praticing some new techniques and combos for Mario.

Yes I know I was up against a A.I and not someone online but consider that even a Lvl 9 MK is hard to beat useally with low-tier characters like Mario, let alone do a 3-stock win.

Remember to watch it in hi-res otherwise you be seeing blurs.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Well what else am I supposed to do in Brawl with no online access and everything completed? Fight Lvl 1s on 75m? -_-.
If you can consistantly perfect (At least 3 stock without taking any dmg) lvl 9s you might raise a few eyebrows, but basically CPUs are only really good for warming up your fingers; CPUs are better than nothing but they can't replace human players...unless you're playing some really bad human players...

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
Hey, sometimes Lvl.9 CPU's are not an easy feat with some characters. =P By the way, I think Da Man had some great skills in that video.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
If I was u I would invest in wifi. I seriously think thats 1 of the only advantages Brawl have over melee. Or, if u dont think u cud handle the lag (Which sometimes isint bad at all btw) u should try 2 convince yur friends or something 2 play.

IF all else phailz then I guess were bak where we started. But u shouldnt b tryin 2 own CPUs rly. U should prolly jus work on yur tech skill and blah blah.

But I forgot, what was the point 2 this thread? If this was for critique Id say the major things are...
* Less DashAtks.
* Less rolling.
* Make sure u Stutter Step yur Fsmashes. (When u need the range..)
* I personally wouldn't stale Usmash on MK cuz I find it kills pretty quickly/ez.
* Mayb try mixing up Dthrows.
* More Jab Fakes.
Alot of small stuff here and there.. but yeh..

If this was 2 show off Id say "lol."

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
roflmao. CPU's are ********. Try doing that against a human MK. Then I'll be impressed.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
If I was u I would invest in wifi. I seriously think thats 1 of the only advantages Brawl have over melee. Or, if u dont think u cud handle the lag (Which sometimes isint bad at all btw) u should try 2 convince yur friends or something 2 play.

IF all else phailz then I guess were bak where we started. But u shouldnt b tryin 2 own CPUs rly. U should prolly jus work on yur tech skill and blah blah.

But I forgot, what was the point 2 this thread? If this was for critique Id say the major things are...
* Less DashAtks.
* Less rolling.
* Make sure u Stutter Step yur Fsmashes. (When u need the range..)
* I personally wouldn't stale Usmash on MK cuz I find it kills pretty quickly/ez.
* Mayb try mixing up Dthrows.
* More Jab Fakes.
Alot of small stuff here and there.. but yeh..

If this was 2 show off Id say "lol."
I'm just using what I know, I don't understand the very advanced things (like stutter step)anyway.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I don't even know why you all are here anyway since this is the Mario boards and it doesn't look like you guys use him.
I main Mario, and as far as lvl 9 MKs you can just fireball and Up B spam and they'll fall for it nearly every time.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's not that we're undermining you, it's just that there really isn't anything special about defeating a level 9 CPU in general. They're just a dodge-fest, easily readable, and do not react accordingly to attacks that are left open to be punished.

A good human player is much harder than a level 9. Even the lowest of competitive Brawl players can three-stock a level 9 CPU. It's nothing personal, it's just that it's not impressive.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I can 3 stock a lv 9 MK with Falcon. I don't even use Falcon. lv 9 cpus are nothing compared to skilled players.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
sorry bro, the Mario users here have a valid point. As to "what defines what" in the smash world in general, 3 stocking a MK cpu is far from being a big deal. It's kinda like saying you can do like 35 pushups in a row, while the many people in the US army can do it non-stop....

But please, continue on using and supporting mario. You can use the cpu's to get a feel of how to use your character, that's fine, but make sure your skills test your cpu experience with real live good, or at least average, smash players. Then you'll see as to why gloating about 3 stocking a cpu metaknight isn't such a big deal...

Get wifi or some kind of internet hooked up in your living situation and challenge some smash board members. Hopefully they can get that Wifi Friend Finder running up here soon, as it was the easiest and best solution to the wifi problem for brawl..

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Ironically, a level 9 MK is one of the easiest to beat. Oddly, Ganons give me the most trouble.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Fighting a lvl 9 ditto (sometimes) can teach you things about using your character.
Hardly, they don't fight like a human so how would you know what the other ditto character is going to do in a certain situation? Humans in one situation could d-tilt which would be the smarter move, while the CPU will just stand there and shield or spotdodge or something even a noob would go "Wtf is he doing?"

Tenki

Smash Hero
Count how many times a Level 9 MK uses Tornado in general or Shuttle Loop to recover for about a week of playing.

It's probably still less than the amount that your human MK's will use them in one set of matches.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Hardly, they don't fight like a human so how would you know what the other ditto character is going to do in a certain situation? Humans in one situation could d-tilt which would be the smarter move, while the CPU will just stand there and shield or spotdodge or something even a noob would go "Wtf is he doing?"
This is precisely y i said "sometimes." Comps do things a player wouldnt do and sometimes wouldnt even expect... such as before the smash boards i didnt even incorporate SH's in my smash yet the comps SH all over me and i was wondering y i was getting slaughtered. ( All Comps lack the intelligence (spelled wrong) of a human mind yes but they have quicker reflexes.)

Robot vs Computer at solving math equations.. comp wins :chuckle:. Human might get same answer but slower. I sort of just rambled on so if this doesnt make sense just excuse this :laugh:

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Count how many times a Level 9 MK uses Tornado in general or Shuttle Loop to recover for about a week of playing.

It's probably still less than the amount that your human MK's will use them in one set of matches.
Thats because players like to spam moves more than comps. :dizzy:

Top Bottom