• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/30 Hard Knocks Brawl RESULTS!

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
After 9+ long hours, the first Hard Knocks Brawl is over, with Iceman taking the victory over Mr. H is MARIO! (aka AfroThunder)

Here is the actual brackets as they worked out.

1: Steven_Campbell (Iceman) ($900)
2: Matthew_Mosley (Mr. H is Mario)($230)
3: Skrach8 ($10)
4: Dguy
5: Will_Frometa
5: Zach_Lajoie
7: Maximo
7: JTSnodgrass
9: pureKorea
9: Rx_
9: Mitchell_Londergan
9: Vijin
13: SheerMadness
13: Casanova
13: Christian_Aponte
13: Lee_Morgan
17: Michael_Kaye
17: RVO3
17: Ace03
17: GoldenJoe
17: Matt_Beilewech
17: QueenDVS
17: FenrirVII
17: Sin 86
25: Patrick_Bobek
25: Jose_Ornelas
25: Justin_Vandehey
25: Bane
25: Darin_Peachee
25: Juan_Debiedma
25: Simca
25: Nightblade
33: Chris_Dunn
33: Ryan_Sparks
33: Silence
33: Basilias
33: Steven_Burrage
33: Flipflop
33: Otru
33: NeoKnuckles
33: LiD
33: Phraust
33: Carlos
33: Trent_Vandeven
33: Chase
33: Gatsu Taichou
33: Collin
33: Champ
49: Alvin_Lozano
49: James_Haas
49: TonytheTiger
49: Cantido
49: WeLikeIke87
49: Pinoy
49: Jimiisama
49: Knightmare
49: GM
49: Angrylobster
49: Mythsyin
49: Raef
49: Boomy
49: Gees
49: Bliste
49: BossMagnet
65: Keith_Kelly
65: Soysaucenrice
65: de flava
65: Colin_Green
65: Resin
65: OmegaByte
65: Frames
65: ANicktoRemember
65: Mii-Kun
65: Javier_Remy
65: FlameSaw
65: CJtehBaker
65: Damany
65: PolMex23
65: Fishamin
65: Cary_Hill
65: Sonotleet
65: Bobert
65: Mediocre
65: Church
65: Zarathustra
65: VOIDHand
65: ThePennyKeeper
65: Michael_Finch
65: Iceman17
65: Nighthunter387
65: Crowe
65: SeventhSense
65: Josh_DeMoss
65: LocoJoe
65: Neoss
65: Alex_Jebailey
97: KillCount-P228
97: Sofakingjeowish
97: DestinyZero
97: Michael_Gindler
97: prkilla
97: Abs0lut
97: Hobte
97: Xavier545
97: BKizzle
97: Kuripika
97: Saber Kiwi
97: Ultraman101
97: Lesq92
97: SilentDrifterZ
97: ZX636
97: ddp86
97: JS18
97: Slynkee
97: VidKid7
97: OriginalYeti82
97: L1ghtning
97: Drew_Smithey
97: Matt_ODonnell
97: Stephen_Poindexter
97: TheLawgiver
97: Knuckle
97: Assassin8168
97: Alex13
97: Paul_Ford
97: Ryuusag
97: JPMax
97: Uriel

I definitely learned a lot about running a Smash tournament, so the next will will run a whole lot smoother. On a more positive note, thanks for coming out guys, hope you all had a good time and got home safe. Keep an eye out for our next Smash tournament!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Nice, looks like IceKid needs to have another "take my money *****es" tourney.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
rest of icekids crew all said 'you're already going?.. no point in all of us since only one can win 900$' glad that worked out. Already knew it was in the bag. good stuff.

ppl need to migrate to South FL . the good players are down this way. congrats to icekid.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
I had a great time. Grats to my fellow 9th placers, PK, Rx-, and Vijin, and to xYz and Crom for beating me.

.D0c.

Smash Cadet
I guess coming in seventh isn't bad for the first tournament. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Wow, fun tournament. Grats to Icekid for winning the 900 bucks.
And ****, I gotta give my props to Afro-Thunder. I thought Dedede vs Olimar/lazer-spamming-dguy-wolf was a lost cause. You showed us how it should be done! :thumbsup:

And also grats to Skratch and Dguy for placing so **** high. And no problem Lobstah you'll hand out the ownage at Gigabits!
And Darrel, thanks for spotting me on that pizza! Appriciate it:)
Sorry for the short shoutouts. I'm dead tired.

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
Crom and reno you guys ****ing rock.
Tons of hot girls working. Keep staying hot.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
xYz posting on OTRU's

WEWTT!!!

5th place is not to shabby. I had you AFROOOO THUNDAAA, you got lucky this time. good job placing 2nd.

good **** to everyone.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I just want to post one thing...

65: Mediocre

this tourney was legit after all.

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
Why didn't you tell me it was your mario! I would of pot split. Wpb ftw

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
I dont really go by any single name, i kinda switch it up.

For the gigabits one im pretty sure imma enter as Retpheme (cuz WoW is so seirous)

EDIT:
And i didnt really know who anyone was, i was just fightin whoever. I had alotta fun. Just wish i had gotten first.

Imma start headin down to Subzero gaming more, i hear you wreck it up there.

EDIT2:
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO PATENT THE QUADRUPLE BAIR TO EDGEGUARD

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
I dont really go by any single name, i kinda switch it up.

For the gigabits one im pretty sure imma enter as Retpheme (cuz WoW is so seirous)

EDIT:
And i didnt really know who anyone was, i was just fightin whoever. I had alotta fun. Just wish i had gotten first.

Imma start headin down to Subzero gaming more, i hear you wreck it up there.

EDIT2:
Haha, that was awesome.

And you'd shame your majestic hairdoo to play under any name but Afro Thunder.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
EDIT2:
It's a variation of the Crombo.

I'm the one who discovered you can link attacks together to make hit combinations (or combo's if you will) in Brawl

Since I discovered it, it's only fitting if all combo's are hence forth known as "Crombo's"

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol, I can't believe that actually happened.

And 25th for me? Fvck yeah, I'll take it.
lol, after the epic ending to our game, you **** well better take it!

Kinda sad in how I lost (I was beating raist in our 3rd game when i proceeded to suicide via diddy kung fu kick twice in a row within 20 seconds of each other). Besides that though, im confident i can make noise if i avoid future stupid mistakes like that.

See you peoples for the gigs tourney

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Noobs like me get 9th by spamming tornado with Meta Knight.

I'll be posting the videos I took somewhere. The ones I got were

Me and Reno's Meta Knight Ditto (really good)
Me and Bane (Tornado Spam all day)
Skrach and Afro Thunder(Loser's Final)
IceKid and Thunderous Afro(Grand Finals)

Equi

Smash Ace
congrats icekid. wish i could have come next time i will pre reg lmao

we gotta 1 v 1 next time i see you

Zoro

Smash Champion
my name was christian aponte

i got 13th place i i coulda sworn i got like 9th :( disappointing

Getting knocked into losers is the worst!!!! Knowing that one attack could have actually given me a chance of getting into top 5 makes my blood boil. o well xyz is too good anyway.

icekid won good job
ive learned that snakes side tilt is beyond nasty and dededes chaingrab to back air is also nasty
afro is the ****!

SHoutouts:
Random nubs in my tv: stop takin so **** long.
Xyz:SOOOO CLOSE!!!!! that will haunt me for the next couple days.I love you tho bro(no homo)your too good and i definitely wanted to see you win. **** U GAME N WATCH!
Lid- I duno ur real name sorry. You have a very good ike and zelda. The ike was especially hard good matches lets play some more.
weeg(luigi 1 i think)-Very good luigi I apologize that most of this tournament I camped alot and you were just another victim. Great matches
Reno-Your metaknight is so good i have no choice but to camp!! let us play some more next time. good matches son.

BTW I GOTTA SHARE THIS
during the match with reno not only was i using some random dudes controler that sucked i was using a random name that had wierd *** controls like c stick up was up b and c stick side was side b. I didnt know wtf i was doing. I started to press random **** and sometimes i wanted to go for a forward smash or up smash to kill and instead i would do up bs or throw boomerangs and stuff. I played basically on autopilot wondering wat attack my character was going to do next with very little thought into it. I think god took over my hands because i somehow won and at the end i was completely amazed. i felt like i didnt do anything and i somehow won! the next match i took off the name and i lost. anyway it was an insane experience that noone cares about.

Crom- Good matches buddy that snake of urs is too good.I dislike not having a second jump when im falling that **** happens alot to me.

Angry- that mario of your is really good i gota get more of that lobsta practice
Dguy- YOU HAD THIS TOURNAMENT MAN! just go lucario dammit!!!!! this kid is pro
Ares- i wanna play yo wario in person
Otru-that fox and falco are nastee son fun friendlies we had. tru
skrach- that sonic/marth is too good
sheer- i didnt see u play
diego- nice seeing u again!
NT-u guys are fun to be around
Ted- ike sucks! i told ju play marth
PK- i didnt see u play
fenrir- i didnt see u play
QDVS- im not the next harriettheguy! lol
Hungry- work on that dedede!!! LOL
This game is so noob!
I forgot if i played anyone else....

good matches everyone
I camp now

Watching finals was the funniest thing ever!

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
Mad props to mr h is mario. He is now apart of my crew. We gonna be running FL!

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was pretty fun I only have 2 things that could be improved:
1. Normal TV's: Some of the Tvs had a small amount of lag and were bearable but others had stop lag... like wifi matches
2. Play time: Went about 4 hours in the middle between matches.

Other than that it was fun, I'd probably go to the next one.

Icekid: Wish I had a chance to play you
Mr. H is Mario: Your Dedede is awesome I want rematch at Gigs
TNT: 2 in top 5 tru. I never seem to play any of you.
Maximo: I think I'm gonna learn snake...
Ares: I haven't play with you and yet we're teaming how does that work?
FenrirVII: was hoping you would win this..
QueenDVS: Looks like that pillow didn't work.
Rx: Really glad I didn't have to play you... too pro
BossMagnet:
Alvin Lozano: Didn't watch much of your matches.
Angrylobster: I love watching your mario.
Vijin: Why didn't you beat dguy
Zoro: lol at your controller story... this proves bsticking better than normal cstick.
Ted: Didn't play you... again...
purekorea: lawl at easy bracket

65: Colin_Green 65: Frames
Frames is just as good a Colin... or is Colin just as bad as Frames o.0

OTRU...

Smash Champion
colin got 33rd, long story short, him and q thought they had they play each other first round because on the bracket it said qdvs vs collin, so colin ended up playing the matches for a random collin kid and viceversa. So colbol is collin on that list.

skrach8

Smash Lord
cool tourny, i didnt stick around to see the finals. good job ice guy and afro boy. im just happy i owned without spam.

Snake and Olimar are rediculous. camping still owns. I call it the nub style.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Few shoutouts...I'm not sure who some of the people I played were...so if I don't mention you, forgive me...

My makeshift UCF crew (we really should get a couple more people and form a crew...):

Frames: Just hard luck against spacies. Gotta learn that patience and move choices, but you're coming up as a REALLY solid player...I enjoy watching you. Your ROB is beastly.
PUREKOREA: Dude...you're too good all the sudden... I want to get some 1v1's with you soon...pweeze. Oh well, I didn't win. lol...bad luck with Angry first round. other than that, it was all good. Don't call easy bracket...you were legit.

Max: not really saying I'm roping you into my makeshift crew...but you deserve to be near the top of this list. lol just don't want you to be like "ew...I'm not with them." haha...anyways, really good stuff, buddy. as always...I was talking at the tournament...you're like my favorite new smasher now...like, you came onto the scene....and you can adapt, you can legitimately play this game smartly. I really respect that. too good, buddy.

Raistlin, Ares, Apollo crew: .... what's your name again?

Raistlin: Dude...you're always too fun to hang out with. and now, you don't even play jiggly...even better. hahaha
Apollo: Same as Patrick...except you never played jiggly...
Mitchell: I guess I'm just saying you guys are all just cool....
Thanks to all of you for supporting me.

TNT and outsiders:

Joetru: bad tourneys happen. don't let it get to you, man...just keep ******...you'll be fine.
Skrach: Oh wow, good ish on 3rd, buddy...really impressive. Really liking your style in this game...it's really good.
xYz: Best placing Ike there...good job, buddy...sorry I failed ya...but I'll come back at Gigs. I still want some dittos.
Sheer: I enjoy playing you online...keep ****** with the kirbs.
Colin: cool to see you there....STOP SKIPPING ME IN UNO!!! seriously...that's annoying.
Rx-: good stuff, buddy...keep tornado spamming. haha
Amber: draw 12? are you serious?
Andy: ...um, didn't really even see you play, but always cool to see you there. melee sucks.

Melbourne:

Angry: Wow...that was just legit...good stuff, my friend. like...I was so impressed by your Mario...don't worry about placing, just come back at Gigs or so. good stuff though. Sucks we had to play first round, but I'm glad I got to play you.
Vijin: Kinda not that crazy about the camping...who is, right? Eh...it just sucked I had to play you, but good stuff with 9th.
Dguy: oh wow...campy =/= good. Really good stuff on 4th, but your lack of approaching was kinda odd. Definitely, you were one of the best players there, but I actually felt that limited you, more than helped you.
RFX: is a nub

WATO:

Zoro: good stuff buddy. keep ******. friendlies, please
Hungry: good stuff buddy...stop sandbagging with mario.
Hiro-flav: don't epicly fail at Gigs...back up your talk with a good showing. that'd be good.

Nexus crew: that what you guys are? whatever.....Riot, Sly, Sighrax:

It was cool to see you guys back...really cool. I never saw Sly play...but Sighrax and Riot's play really impressed me. good stuff guys.
Also, I'll be the first to admit that a while back, before you guys quit...I was pretty much an annoying douchebag...and I never really got the chance, so to all of you...and anybody else I affected with that. I truly am sorry for my side of all of that. I'm not sure I ever got the chance to say that...or will get the chance again, so I wanted to do it now.

Anyways, it was cool to see all of you.

Icenub: grats on first. MM me.
Afro Thunder: good stuff with your **** DDD...sorry I missed seeing it.

.D0c.

Smash Cadet
Max: not really saying I'm roping you into my makeshift crew...but you deserve to be near the top of this list. lol just don't want you to be like "ew...I'm not with them." haha...anyways, really good stuff, buddy. as always...I was talking at the tournament...you're like my favorite new smasher now...like, you came onto the scene....and you can adapt, you can legitimately play this game smartly. I really respect that. too good, buddy.
I appreciate the shout out. I think I didn't do to bad. The two people I lost to ended up getting first and second (Icekid and Mr H is Mario) so its whatever. Crom and I had an epic Snake vs. Snake battle early on, and I ended up winning. Haha, he still got further than me, that punk.

But we have to have some talks about a crew, so we can take out TNT ...

Top Bottom