• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v2 Sparring Thread!

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
I messaged you. He just finished his all star game.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Good games guys, we got wrecked.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Your team is especially cool to me since you both use both my mains. I plan on playing GReninja a lot more once I get a Gamecube controller into my hand. I feel like frustrated with my circle pad when playing Greninja :S

Spirst

Your team is especially cool to me since you both use both my mains. I plan on playing GReninja a lot more once I get a Gamecube controller into my hand. I feel like frustrated with my circle pad when playing Greninja :S
Yeah, I know what you mean. Hydro pump is unruly on the circle pad as is general mobility like SH nairs. There's also so many times I've wanted to pivot fsmash and ended up doing an ftilt or wanted to do a b-reverse shuriken and ended up doing a shadow sneak. Even more annoying is the shadow sneak when trying to hydro pump recover.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Yeah, I know what you mean. Hydro pump is unruly on the circle pad as is general mobility like SH nairs. There's also so many times I've wanted to pivot fsmash and ended up doing an ftilt or wanted to do a b-reverse shuriken and ended up doing a shadow sneak. Even more annoying is the shadow sneak when trying to hydro pump recover.
Exactly. Btw, mind mirror matching me tomorrow with your Greninja? I feel like I need a little more of a handle on him.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
@ Spirst Spirst and @ Locke 06 Locke 06

Good games you guys, had lots of fun even though I lost the majority of the matches. I learned quite a bit from you two. Locke you're the second decent Mega Man I've come across and Spirst I've never faced a Greninja before... at all... so that was a big learning process for me. Also I have a better grasp of the DHD as far as fighting against his tools, thanks for that.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Thanks. I don't face a lot of sonics, so the matches were fun for me too. The fact that the spin dash gets stopped by a pellet is kind of harsh in the MegaMan matchup, but sonic's ftilt has surprising range that I want to get used to.

Out of curiosity, who was the other Mega Man?

Spirst

@ Spirst Spirst and @ Locke 06 Locke 06

Good games you guys, had lots of fun even though I lost the majority of the matches. I learned quite a bit from you two. Locke you're the second decent Mega Man I've come across and Spirst I've never faced a Greninja before... at all... so that was a big learning process for me. Also I have a better grasp of the DHD as far as fighting against his tools, thanks for that.
Never faced a Greninja at all? I thought he was a fairly used character online. Anyway though, fun games indeed. I seldom face decent Sonics so it's a bit unfamiliar to me. I also never face Charizards even though he seems like a popular character outside of Smash.
Me.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
Thanks. I don't face a lot of sonics, so the matches were fun for me too. The fact that the spin dash gets stopped by a pellet is kind of harsh in the MegaMan matchup, but sonic's ftilt has surprising range that I want to get used to.

Random guy on FG named The Boss. You two play totally different though, you were more about spacing and keeping me at a certain distance to do damage, he was more about going in and out with his projectiles which was quite interesting. Because of The Boss though I learned Sonic's jab will eat through MMs buster jab if you get too close, you were smart and didn't get that close for me to do that most of the time.

Never faced a Greninja at all? I thought he was a fairly used character online. Anyway though, fun games indeed. I seldom face decent Sonics so it's a bit unfamiliar to me. I also never face Charizards even though he seems like a popular character outside of Smash.
Thanks, I'm still getting used to the new Sonic though. I still use some the Brawl tactics that now have lots of lag and will get me punished... hard. I need to cut that out if I want to get any better.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Random guy on FG named The Boss. You two play totally different though, you were more about spacing and keeping me at a certain distance to do damage, he was more about going in and out with his projectiles which was quite interesting. Because of The Boss though I learned Sonic's jab will eat through MMs buster jab if you get too close, you were smart and didn't get that close for me to do that most of the time.
Yeah, I play the spacing game a lot more than most Mega Mans I've come across. Playing defense while having enough offense to keep you honest with your approaches. We'll play more in the future, I felt like I needed to get ready for bed.

THATFAT1

Smash Rookie
NNID
THATFAT1
3DS FC
4442-0608-4400
Sup guys! My friend and I are looking for the same! 2v2 sparring partners, our friend codes are
4442-0608-4400
5086-3300-1527
John and Anthony respectively.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Doubles! Let's go. I'll add you both and host a room.
Edit: my FC is 4167-4499-5103

Last edited:

Spirst

Not dead yet!

Sorry, was a bit too late I'm afraid - would've gladly played a few doubles with you.
Don't worry about it. We'll catch you next time.

Sup guys! My friend and I are looking for the same! 2v2 sparring partners, our friend codes are
4442-0608-4400
5086-3300-1527
John and Anthony respectively.
Damn, dead in the water right shortly after the initial post.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I call this match: "The Mega Men and their partners!!!!!!"

...shots fired? eh Peachee knows I <3 him.

milkarton

Smash Rookie
NNID
Milkarton
3DS FC
2552-1547-5687
Me and my friend are looking for people for doubles matches, we normally play around 9 est.

milkarton

Smash Rookie
NNID
Milkarton
3DS FC
2552-1547-5687
we are on and waiting.... possibly lol my friend might have to go in a few...

Last edited:
Top Bottom