• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MaxThunder

PM Support
I have a question. I want to give CF flaming legs using the External Graphic effect. I already have the graphic picked out, but I can only find the bone for one foot: F. what's the bone for the other foot?
...what external graphic effect?... is it... the falcon?... probably not... but that would look epic...

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
...what external graphic effect?... is it... the falcon?... probably not... but that would look epic...
Well, I DO know the external graphic effect for that, but no (but I have to admit. Falcon feet would be badass. :p). It's the effect that makes the Falcon kick. The graphic came with the bone, so I know what one foot is. But I need the other so both feet can be toasty.

EDIT: Also, I'm replacing CF's dash attack with his nAir. It's pretty much like a normal attack, but something is bothering me. What are the Bit Variables in the picture for:

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to make it so after a character does a certain move in the air, they can do anything else BUT that move again until they land/get hit? If that makes any sense. Like Zamus' down+b, Snake's up+b, etc.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Well, I DO know the external graphic effect for that, but no (but I have to admit. Falcon feet would be badass. :p). It's the effect that makes the Falcon kick. The graphic came with the bone, so I know what one foot is. But I need the other so both feet can be toasty.

EDIT: Also, I'm replacing CF's dash attack with his nAir. It's pretty much like a normal attack, but something is bothering me. What are the Bit Variables in the picture for:
thats what i thought... you shuld try bone id's close the bone you got... it doesnt seem likely that the id's for bones that close togheter are that much apart...(at least if sakurai's not a complete moron...yeeah... uh... might be that way...) ... though it would probably take some time...
i cant elp whith bit variables though...

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
thats what i thought... you shuld try bone id's close the bone you got... it doesnt seem likely that the id's for bones that close togheter are that much apart...(at least if sakurai's not a complete moron...yeeah... uh... might be that way...) ... though it would probably take some time...
i cant elp whith bit variables though...
Ok. I'll just test to see if my dash works then. Onto the next questions!

1. Let's say I wanted to make the falcon punch charge up when I hold B. How would I do that?

2. I replaced CF's side taunt with his victory pose where he kicks three times in the air. It came out alright, except that the leg doesn't lift up. How do I make the leg lift?

3. I'm sick and tired of always dying after using my side B to spike people or when I use it on the ground, they jump, and I fall off the side of the platform stage I'm on.. Is there some way that you can make it when you hit someone or fall off the side of the platform, you can use a move again so you don't always fall to your death on your last life? O-o

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
3.just don't suck and time your side b's right? and with the side b spike, you should always do it towards the stage.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Ok. I'll just test to see if my dash works then. Onto the next questions!

1. Let's say I wanted to make the falcon punch charge up when I hold B. How would I do that?

2. I replaced CF's side taunt with his victory pose where he kicks three times in the air. It came out alright, except that the leg doesn't lift up. How do I make the leg lift?

3. I'm sick and tired of always dying after using my side B to spike people or when I use it on the ground, they jump, and I fall off the side of the platform stage I'm on.. Is there some way that you can make it when you hit someone or fall off the side of the platform, you can use a move again so you don't always fall to your death on your last life? O-o
1... i have no idea...
2... i think someone has had similar problem whith other characters.... but as far as i know they haven't fix'd it yet...
3...try ending it whith something like this:
If: in air
change action: E

...the change action's ot gonna lok exactly like that but thats thevalue to put it at... at least in theory...(in what i understand of the theory at least...)

ALF

Smash Cadet

Those bit variables are used to determine whether or not to go to the landing lag if you hit the ground before the move is done. Landing after the bit has been cleared but before the move is over is what's known as autocanceling (such as thunderstorming with Ganon). If you're not putting this into an aerial, don't use those bits. I don't know if they'd do anything if you kept them in, but you don't need them, so get rid of them.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Sorry, I discovered this a while ago but never shared the full analysis of it.
Character Stage Interaction Code
Parameter 1: Value
This command controls how the character interacts with the stage. As far as I've discovered, a value of 1 means the character can leave the stage by going off the side, 2 means the character cannot leave the stage, and 5 means the character is not on the stage, allowing you to leave it vertically.
Hope that helps :D
Setting that just makes it so he stops his subaction the second it starts. I think the game has some sort of barrier that doesn't allow smash attacks to continue once you're in the air.

shanus

Smash Hero
Edit: Does anyone know if a function exists which determines if a character is rising or falling?

ALF

Smash Cadet
Setting that just makes it so he stops his subaction the second it starts. I think the game has some sort of barrier that doesn't allow smash attacks to continue once you're in the air.
This code is meant for the actions, not sub-actions. I haven't tried to use it anywhere else, but I'm not surprised it doesn't work for sub-actions.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I tested my new dash, but when I use it, he just stays in one spot while he hits. Basically what the code looks like is my previous windows minus the bit variables.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
This code is meant for the actions, not sub-actions. I haven't tried to use it anywhere else, but I'm not surprised it doesn't work for sub-actions.
Yeah. My issue is getting a subaction into the air. Don't seem to be having any luck.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Edit: Does anyone know if a function exists which determines if a character is rising or falling?
>_> Loop an "InAir" to constantly check? It would be easier if there was a function to "get momentum", so we could do junk like "If getmomentum < fastfall momentum, then setmomentum = fastfallmomentum. etc.
-DD

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
1... i have no idea...
2... i think someone has had similar problem whith other characters.... but as far as i know they haven't fix'd it yet...
3...try ending it whith something like this:
If: in air
change action: E

...the change action's ot gonna lok exactly like that but thats thevalue to put it at... at least in theory...(in what i understand of the theory at least...)
Where would I put that? At the end of the SpecialSStart?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm having one heck of an issue here. When I throw people as Toon Link, it changes what parts of their model are displayed. (Makes Peach's Golf Club appear, MK goes into his Cape-swirl intro, Mario/Luigi's hat disappears...) And if I throw Ganondorf, the game freezes.

The annoying thing is, my throws are unmodified. At all. What gives?

ALF

Smash Cadet
Where would I put that? At the end of the SpecialSStart?
no, somewhere in the beginning, I would assume.
Nononononono. Find the part in the action, not subaction, that changes the action to 10 after hitting and make it change the action to E instead.

I'm having one heck of an issue here. When I throw people as Toon Link, it changes what parts of their model are displayed. (Makes Peach's Golf Club appear, MK goes into his Cape-swirl intro, Mario/Luigi's hat disappears...) And if I throw Ganondorf, the game freezes.

The annoying thing is, my throws are unmodified. At all. What gives?
I heard that changing the "Thrown" subactions changes how the opponents get thrown. Maybe you threw in some code to show or remove an article there or something?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
.... you will not believe what i just did... i can walk upsidedown... put the size thingy to a negative number... i was trying to make ganon smaller... but... i kinda got a fail... whith a lot of win in it...

Edit: the controlls are inverted... the junps go look wierd caused theyre still going upwards... down-b goes up and up-b goes down... kinda hard to play...
Video please? And what did you edit? Which value is it? And download please?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I heard that changing the "Thrown" subactions changes how the opponents get thrown. Maybe you threw in some code to show or remove an article there or something?
Oooh, that may be related. I did remove equipment on his thrown set.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
I am trying to edit lucas's 'A' attack (Attack11) to make it so he doesn't swing his fist and a small shadow appears on the hitbox(s).

But is there an animation for the punch? or is it not editable?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I am trying to edit lucas's 'A' attack (Attack11) to make it so he doesn't swing his fist and a small shadow appears on the hitbox(s).

But is there an animation for the punch? or is it not editable?
IDK, make a Goto to some item throw, and add a graphic to the GFX section.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Thanks cookie.
How do i make a graphic not attached to the character?
I changed the undefined value to true but then is there a bone to attache it to?
Change the bone value. IDK what the bone value for "hand" is. And then you can edit the X and Y offsets to move the Graphic effect..

MaxThunder

PM Support
it should be a negative value but I want to see what he did/got so that I can explain why that happened.
Edit: what i did was simply put the size atribute(0x00B4) to -1=)... also try 0,5... i call that Ganondwarf...

Edit: i would post a video... but i dont have the equipment ready atm... also, this was a so small edit that i diddent bother giving download...

Edit: i can explain what happened...(i think...)... the size thing workks like resizing in photoshop(like dragging from one of the pointed thingys in the square in free transform...)... setting the size up/down makes it get bigger to on side and up... too much down and it get inverted and upside down... or something...

Edit:... someone should make a set of upside down characters... i could do it if noone else wants to...

shanus

Smash Hero
>_> Loop an "InAir" to constantly check? It would be easier if there was a function to "get momentum", so we could do junk like "If getmomentum < fastfall momentum, then setmomentum = fastfallmomentum. etc.
-DD
I thought In Air checks for the entire aerial time?

I want to differentiate when a character is rising vs falling (i.e. Falco), so that I can use a momentum change if a character prsesses down during a specific attack lol.

shanus

Smash Hero
Haha that will be an interesting one. I guess just dump an If In Status (Undefined -X) and use a Set Graphic?

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm very interested in those as well.

They will be much harder to prod though :-\

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well if thats what you want, my version of DJC just used RA-Bit[99] = true on the double jump, and then if the attack saw that RA-Bit[99] = True, then it would adjust momentum.

I guess you could do something along those lines for your goal, just set the bit to true after so many frames(ideally when the falling begins), and have the rest of the effects follow through. That's basically the system I'm going to try on Mewtwo to get the "momentum extension" from his aerials.

-DD

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Holy crap, that fixed it. Thank you SO much.

shanus

Smash Hero
Well if thats what you want, my version of DJC just used RA-Bit[99] = true on the double jump, and then if the attack saw that RA-Bit[99] = True, then it would adjust momentum.

I guess you could do something along those lines for your goal, just set the bit to true after so many frames(ideally when the falling begins), and have the rest of the effects follow through. That's basically the system I'm going to try on Mewtwo to get the "momentum extension" from his aerials.

-DD
Thats what I was doing, glad to see someone else loves ghetto fixes.

D

Deleted member

Ok somewhat overdue notice.

I just got back after being busy for a week, and I probably won't have that much time in the near future either. I will keep an eye out for the guide, but don't expect an update anytime soon.

Top Bottom