• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
hmmm why do wait 2 and 3 keep my gfx from wait 1? it saves me 2 sections of coding but if i can get other places to keep it too life would be easy

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for being mean to anyone. :( please forgive me?

and kyzon, what do you mean, "keep it" from wait 1?
He means during the idle animations, the graphics from the standing pose stay there.
And it's all right :3

Kyzon, I have no idea why it does that, sorry :<

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I know I've asked this, but I've not had much luck in responses.

Anybody know how to make a move send a character in the air from the ground?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It just made him slide more horizontally (I gave the character both horizontal and vertical momentum as a test)

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, max.

Ugh! I cannot figure this out! I've tried everything. I even watched it in slo-mo up to 42 times now and I still can't compute it! I can't get it, so I beg of you... what lines of freaking code are part of the Falcon ****ing Punch?!

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
leaf, how are things going with kari's Close Combat?

btw, you should make each of them do 5%, becase of the PP. maybe the last could be a more powerull hit that does 8%.

MaxThunder

PM Support

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
leaf, how are things going with kari's Close Combat?

btw, you should make each of them do 5%, becase of the PP. maybe the last could be a more powerull hit that does 8%.
I'm trying to do a 3-animation move just like PMario's side-B, but it's not working D: Only 1 hitbox will hit

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Meh. You know what I wish you could do? Make your own SFX files. I'd die to see CF say "It's over 9000!" XD

EDIT: Ok. I downloaded a NEW CF.pac, and you know what? Still the same. The offset of the last code in the 1CE GFX is, in fact, B168. -.-

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry for being mean to anyone. :( please forgive me?

and kyzon, what do you mean, "keep it" from wait 1?

I put my gfx weapon on wait one and they stay during the other idle animations.. i'd love for them to stay indeffinatelly... i kinda figured it out.. but i fear it will crash the game since there is no way to turn off graphx

ALF

Smash Cadet
Can someone help me out? I'm trying to implement a dash special, but I don't know how to check if the character is dashing/running before I change subactions. I've gotten close by setting an LA-bit when the character starts a dash, but I can't just clear the bit when they stop running, there's just too many ways for that to happen. Anyone have any ideas?
Just letting everyone know I figured it out myself.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
you are sure that theyre not there?... cause you got one hitbox thats only there for 2 frames... and theres 60 or something frames a second... that sounds really hard to hit whith...
The hitbox literally ISN"T THERE. I've tried making it last for 60 frames, making it as big as possible.

This isn't the first time hitboxes and GFX just haven't done anything, and I'm out of ideas.

All you have to do to hit with it is sit someone on one of the low platforms on BF and do his Usmash underneath them. There's no way I WOULDN'T see the hit. And since the GFX was once working and had 10 Y offset(The hitbox too), the position is NOT the problem.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
oh, you're refering to a command

...so why exactly do you need to know the offset of an asynchronous timer?
... -.- wow. It's not the asynchronous timer I need, it's the command that makes the fire falcon graphic!!! God! Does nobody get what I'm trying to do? Fine! I want to make the GRAPHIC of the falcon punch bigger!

EDIT: If I'm sounding like an ***, sorry. It's just been a long, stressful day, and not being able to do this isn't helping. Btw. If I wanted to replace CF's hiSmash with is hiAerial, would I just rename the hiSmash to AttackAirHi?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
... -.- wow. It's not the asynchronous timer I need, it's the command that makes the fire falcon graphic!!! God! Does nobody get what I'm trying to do? Fine! I want to make the GRAPHIC of the falcon punch bigger!
Make the very top External Graphic File in your screen shot bigger to make it bigger. At least, that SHOULD do it if that IS what you want.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion

EDIT: If I'm sounding like an ***, sorry. It's just been a long, stressful day, and not being able to do this isn't helping. Btw. If I wanted to replace CF's hiSmash with is hiAerial, would I just rename the hiSmash to AttackAirHi?
Yes to the second question.
I know how you feel. I'm really pissed right now.

Z Offset and Flags didn't work.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Make the very top External Graphic File in your screen shot bigger to make it bigger. At least, that SHOULD do it if that IS what you want.
You mean the falcon that appears when he's punching?

Yes to the second question.
I know how you feel. I'm really pissed right now.

Z Offset and Flags didn't work.
And don't you have to edit the AttackHi4Start and AttackHi4Hold animations or else it'll just look screwey?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
You mean the falcon that appears when he's punching?

And don't you have to edit the AttackHi4Start and AttackHi4Hold animations or else it'll just look screwey?
Yes, that *should* make the Falcon bigger.

They have their own animations? Then do the same, rename those as the other.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Just to check, is A the file # for Falcon's character-specific graphics? That might be the problem.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Leaf. I want to make Falcon's up smash into his up aerial. Do I just rename his up smash animations to AttackAirHiStart, AttackAirHiHold, and AttackAirHi?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Leaf. I want to make Falcon's up smash into his up aerial. Do I just rename his up smash animations to AttackAirHiStart, AttackAirHiHold, and AttackAirHi?
You can only set an attack as 1 animation unless you want to have a chain of subactions. It shouldn't look too bad without the start and hold (especially the hold, since that's just the animation for charging).

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
You can only set an attack as 1 animation unless you want to have a chain of subactions. It shouldn't look too bad without the start and hold (especially the hold, since that's just the animation for charging).
Ok. I tried. You know what happened? He did what most guys do when their animation is messed up... you guessed it. He impersonated a scarecrow.

I found why! I only renamed it AttackAir, but forgot to replace the 4 with Hi. :p

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I already answered this. Yes. But no aerial has a hold or a start on it. You'll have to think of another animation to make it start or hold. Otherwise he'll do his upaerial once for startup, then constantly while charging, then another time for the actual move.

Top Bottom