• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
well i've been corrected lol

anyways to change size use the attribute below weight

also has anyone examined my .pac file and come to a conclusion to why its so big?
i was thinking its from maybe removing sword an shield from all actions. but it doesnt seem so

MaxThunder

PM Support
sweet=) gonna make a really small ganon=)

Edit: what is the "other" event list for?

Edit2: for some reason i cant get the size thing to work... no matter what i change it too it reverts back to 1 when i save... ...nevermind... it just started randomly working...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
How can you speed up or slow down animations... I'm pretty much asking for a link to some tool that can change the animation speed of my moves for my PSA character

MaxThunder

PM Support
i dont think that kinda thing exists... dont think its possible at all... out there might be some code that does something like that...

Edit: wow... sure is quiet here today...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
sweet=) gonna make a really small ganon=)

Edit: what is the "other" event list for?

Edit2: for some reason i cant get the size thing to work... no matter what i change it too it reverts back to 1 when i save... ...nevermind... it just started randomly working...
Make sure you Save As and delete the old .pac manually. xD

That was pissing me off for the looooongest time.

Hitboxes are still pissing me off >_<

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
what event do you use to edit frame speeds? like, reverse direction, offensive collision, that kind. which one is it

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:D omfg. I came.

what event do you use to edit frame speeds? like, reverse direction, offensive collision, that kind. which one is it
Camelot said:
I found an event in PSA that changes frame speeds. Definitely something useful.

It's event 04070100. Set parameter 0 to "scalar", and put in the number you want to multiply the speed of the move by.

Of course, you can change the speeds of moves at any frame you want. For example, on the Roy .pac, I changed his f-smash so it starts at 0.75x speed, then changes back to 1x speed after 11 frames.
>_> Kenji linked to it. Read son.
-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Sorry. I just hate when people assume I didn't read something..

it's like they don't realize that some people don't know as much as they do about this stuff.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

it's like they don't realize that some people don't know as much as they do about this stuff.
:3 all of my experience is 80% trial and error, its the best way to go.
-DD

droughboi

Smash Journeyman

. . . duh. . . alot of people don't know much about this even with the help of the guide. you should know. you've answered a buncha peoples questions about PSA and they still wouldnt understand or get it to work and you'd be like "it's really not that hard" or something like that. but its cool y'know, this ish is hella confusing sometimes ^^

anyways. on to my question: so is there a way to increase the number of bombs link can have out at one time? like he can only have two out at a time; I wanna increase that number. bleh sorry if this has been answered elsewhere o.o

shanus

Smash Hero
I think I've found a wall collision test function. Basically if the function returns true, it points to a location for an action. Removal of these made Lucas and Ness slide up the wall and not bounce off unless done perfectly horizontal.

For Ness wallbounce off his upB:

In 11B:
0D000200: 0-9, 2-173A8 (points to subroutine 000173A8)

In 11C:
0D000200: 0-9, 2-176A8 (points to subroutine 000176A8)

For lucas, this controls his wall collision bounce off of his upB.

In 11B:
0D000200: 0-9 2-18D78 (points to subroutine 00018D78)

In 11C;
0D000200: 0-9, 2-19078 (points to subroutine 00019078)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
so is there a way to increase the number of bombs link can have out at one time? like he can only have two out at a time; I wanna increase that number. bleh sorry if this has been answered elsewhere o.o
o.o Well, test to see if you can pull more than 2 by increasing Link's throw strength so they go higher and you can try to take out a third.

If not, there is probably a check to see if there are two of "Article whatever the bombs are" and that's what you'll have to edit.

I think I've found a wall collision test function. Basically if the function returns true, it points to a location for an action. Removal of these made Lucas and Ness slide up the wall and not bounce off unless done perfectly horizontal.

For Ness wallbounce off his upB:

In 11B:
0D000200: 0-9, 2-173A8 (points to subroutine 000173A8)

In 11C:
0D000200: 0-9, 2-176A8 (points to subroutine 000176A8)

For lucas, this controls his wall collision bounce off of his upB.

In 11B:
0D000200: 0-9 2-18D78 (points to subroutine 00018D78)

In 11C;
0D000200: 0-9, 2-19078 (points to subroutine 00019078)
>_> So are you going to make them slide along the wall in Braw+ now?
-DD

MaxThunder

PM Support
i just realised something... we could make a giant solimar whith an actual moveset!!!

Edit:... your signature creeps me out leaf... for some reason i keep reading MYM as mate your mom...=(

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Size of Character

also you cant change link's bomb limit by increasing throw stregnth...
my link before i messed it up -__- threw like a bawsss.. but couldnt use more than too still...

best bet would be looking in his bomb file to see what looks different

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
How would I make it so when I run aura's come out of my feet?
I got it so the first (2?) steps auras come out, but After that nothing happens...(unless I stop and walk again)

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1251506002

The highlighted ones are the animations I added.

And another question:

How would I make a character invisible?
I would think I just sub routine to the cloaking sub, but there is nothing in there...

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
someone should make it so link can throw bombs across hyrule. >.> just saying.

anyways, I'm messing with peach's frame speeds now. I'm turning up smash into a combo move (lowering kbg and kill power of course)

XD

and quinn, you need to make the aura gfx goto itself with a Goto: command.

cuz if it'll goto itself, it keeps on doing that since it'll goto a command that has a goto command in it.

does that make sense @_@

MaxThunder

PM Support
so anyways... what's the "other" event list for?... woud be kinda nice to know...

@leaf: ...yeah, i know what it means... but that doesn't stop my twisted mind from reading wrong...

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
So would the goto go on the very bottom?
Or under the aura animation?

And does anyone know how to make a char invisible?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the goto should always be at the very end. and the paramter you have to edit is the offset of the move you want it to offset to. for example, say the offset of the running is "0x456E0" or something like that. so then, in the paramter of the goto, you would type in 000456E0.

etc etc

MaxThunder

PM Support
Other is for stuff like Rumble, Screenshake, model display, etc.

Just stuff that's not related to hitboxes, graphics or sounds.
... model display eh... then... might gannon's sword be a part of his model?... cause it doesnt seem to be an article...

@quinn: you do realise that goto dont go back to the subaction your currently on right? cause... thats what people has been telling you to add...

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
is there anyway for me to remove model parts without putting the code in EVERY SINGLE ACTION?

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
Yes I do know how goto's work.
But there is already a goto and when I type the offset into sub routines, nothing turns up.
But if I put a goto above the goto that is already there, won't it screw some stuff up?

MaxThunder

PM Support
But there is already a goto and when I type the offset into sub routines, nothing turns up.
But if I put a goto above the goto that is already there, won't it screw some stuff up?
not nececarily... but you can test it... change the goto to 000215FC (should be right if the picture still counts...) and save as a new file... and test that... if it doesnt work, just delete it and no harm done=)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
The offset for the subACTION, not the subroutine. And just change the current goto. Make sure you have a timer in there somewhere to act as a pause though, or the game will lock up because of an infinite loop.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
is there anyway for me to remove model parts without putting the code in EVERY SINGLE ACTION?
No.

I've done it manually. Have fun.

Anybody know how to elevate a character (Put them up vertically into the air) while doing a ground-based move? Giving them vertical momentum doesn't seem to do it, and I can't think of any other way to do it..

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
.... manually is ugly..
i did it before but my character broke.. so i have to do it again since i started over....

that plus gfx in everyone

Top Bottom