• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
SOMEONE PLEASE!
its the last thing I need for my character
i tried to do it myself but I cant get it to work
again sorry if I'm spamming
Umm... do you want one of us to do it for you? I can try for you if you want

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
THE FILE IS 566 KB LARGE... eh oops caps..
but its that as opposed to the 300 somethin for normal link

ALF

Smash Cadet
I'm making a Ganondorf and so fars so good, but I have a few problems. I replaced his Side B with his 2nd Victoy animation and it used to cancel his momentum in the air. Now it doesn't but after he's done with it he freezes. His down b also has a problem, i was trying to make it so he can't use it in the air at all. This worked, but it causes him to keep falling (i replaced his down b with his fall animation) but you can't use an attack out of it, and he lands heavily, causing no damage. the problems are hard to describe so I have an image of what i did with the specials, and a video showing what happens.

*snip*

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEyTrVxtJCA
First thing's first, it looks like you're still using 0.1 beta. Get 0.2.

Now onto your problems:

Side-B: Take lines 8-10 (the change actions/additional requirement) and move them to line 3. Edit the second change action so that it changes the action to E when the animation ends. Add an additional requirement right afterwards that says "In Air". Second, to remove any directional control when the player uses it in the air (like pit's shield has), take line 10 (the set air/ground), and move it to right after the lines you just moved. Change it to "Undefined(10)". That should take care of your problems.

Down-B: You still have a lot of code left over from his original down-b doing stuff you don't need or want, particularly the part that calls the ending lag (which is why you're landing heavily). Get rid of all the change action codes you have in there, then after the variable codes at the top (which you don't really need, btw, but don't get rid of them until you realize what they're doing and why you don't need them) add the lines:

Change Action: action = 0, requirement = Animation End
Additional Requirement: On Ground
Change Action: action = E, requirement = In Air

That should allow you to have a normal ending to your move on the ground, and won't do the move at all in the air.

Now, I really suggest that you learn to make a special move from scratch instead of editing what's already there. Take a look at the specials from other moves, figure out how they do what they do. In particular, look out for change action calls, but also important is figuring out what the variables are doing (RA variables mostly, but LA do a lot of things too).

EDIT:
*snip*
Hitboxes aren't working. At all.
And the GFX with it is at the same offset, but not leaving the body, even with the parenting value set to True.

Advice?
Do you realize you need to put a terminate collisions after each hit if the move multihits? Judging by the loop, it looks like that's what you're trying to do. When someone gets hit by your move, they won't be affected by any of your other hitboxes until the one that hit them is terminated.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
THE FILE IS 566 KB LARGE... eh oops caps..
but its that as opposed to the 300 somethin for normal link
Ah, I see. I'm not sure if you can make the file smaller now... but I believe it enlarges most every time you Add operations. You can minimize the size increase by using more Gotos instead of repeating code. For example, using Goto for up-forward tilt and down-forward tilt instead of just pasting in the same commands.

EDIT: Okay, you can totally reduce your file size. If you have any oft-repeated segments of code, I'd advise you to make them into a single subroutine (put plenty of Nops in it so you can expand it later if you decide to!) and link that Subroutine wherever its used.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see. I'm not sure if you can make the file smaller now... but I believe it enlarges most every time you Add operations. You can minimize the size increase by using more Gotos instead of repeating code. For example, using Goto for up-forward tilt and down-forward tilt instead of just pasting in the same commands.

EDIT: Okay, you can totally reduce your file size. If you have any oft-repeated segments of code, I'd advise you to make them into a single subroutine (put plenty of Nops in it so you can expand it later if you decide to!) and link that Subroutine wherever its used.
i've changed almost every graphic to a goto... idk what it is now. all that did was take it down to where it is now.. from about 578

Edit.. will the subroutine work with gfx?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
i've changed almost every graphic to a goto... idk what it is now. all that did was take it down to where it is now.. from about 578

Edit.. will the subroutine work with gfx?
Fairly certain you can make graphics using subroutines. That is how I generated Wisp's "body". Though I wouldn't try it if you're using External Graphics.

I just went through a file of mine and changed 4 lines of code that appeared throughout the character into a subroutine -- it saved about 3 Kb. That's the kind of gains you can expect, I suppose.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Next question!

Umbra (again) asks: I want to make an explosion happen when CF's AttackAirF animation (also known as the knee of justice :p) hits my opponent. I know you can do this with an "if" statement, but what I DON'T know is how to make it so that when the knee of justice smites my foe with the sweet spot, the if statement will make the explosion graphic appear, and when it misses or you don't get the sweet spot, nothing happens. How can I do this?
Bump-didely-doo.

EDIT: Ok. I just want to know something here. Look at this:

I wanted to make it so that no mater what CF is doing, his feet will always be on fire. But when I tried it, it wouldn't show up on anything I did. Can someone tell me if this is wrong or not?

EDIT EDIT: Also, I wondered if it was possible to make the .pac available to a certain color of the character you're editing. Is there?

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
How would I make a character invisible?
I would think I just sub routine to the cloaking sub, but there is nothing in there...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Bump-didely-doo.

EDIT: Ok. I just want to know something here. Look at this:

I wanted to make it so that no mater what CF is doing, his feet will always be on fire. But when I tried it, it wouldn't show up on anything I did. Can someone tell me if this is wrong or not?

EDIT EDIT: Also, I wondered if it was possible to make the .pac available to a certain color of the character you're editing. Is there?
Remove the loop. Put a goto at the end, and have it lead back to itself.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Fairly certain you can make graphics using subroutines. That is how I generated Wisp's "body". Though I wouldn't try it if you're using External Graphics.

I just went through a file of mine and changed 4 lines of code that appeared throughout the character into a subroutine -- it saved about 3 Kb. That's the kind of gains you can expect, I suppose.
K i'll try that...
also would using the perminant model removal codes instead of having the just put away one in every line shrink it too?

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Hey how do i make it so an effect continues infinitely on a characters standing animation? I'm trying to put a thunder effect around kirby but it only lasts for a second because of the frames:(

MaxThunder

PM Support
1. does anyone know how i could make someone smaller? or if its possible at all...?

2. and does anyone happen to know if i can give yoshi a normal shield?

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
How would I make the movement animations have lucario aura animations tied to the feet? (when i walk/run)
I got it so the first two steps have aura's but after that it disappears (reappears when I stop and walk again)

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad126/Quinn95/smash-attackshelp.jpg?t=1251506002

The highlighted ones are the animations I added.

EDIT:A quote of my other question

I would think I just sub routine to the cloaking sub, but there is nothing in there...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion

Hitboxes aren't working. At all.
And the GFX with it is at the same offset, but not leaving the body, even with the parenting value set to True.

Advice?
STILL not working, even setting the Terminate Collisions in their correct places. Before setting loops I simply added ONE hitbox, an async and sync timer and a Terminate and nothing happened either.

GFX is still in the wrong place, for some reason it randomly moved even though I never touched it.

EDIT: Updated screenie. I know there's supposed to be a terminate collisions at the end; but that can't be the problem.

This isn't the first time Hitboxes and GFX have just ****ed me over.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the hitboxes offsets and the graphic offsets work differently. the only they work the same is if the bones are set at 0.

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
I need help with a Ganon Hack. I replaced his Side B with his 2nd Victoy animation and it used to cancel his momentum in the air. Now it doesn't but after he's done with it he freezes. His down b also has a problem, i was trying to make it so he can't use it in the air at all. This worked, but it causes him to keep falling (i replaced his down b with his fall animation) but you can't use an attack out of it, and he lands heavily, causing no damage. the problems are hard to describe so I have an image of what i did with the specials, and a video showing what happens.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEyTrVxtJCA

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
don't you need an allow interrupt? <--- at the ganon problem guy.

tgymk, idk. the sizes work differently as well.

you probably just fuccked up something.

and if your loop isn't infinite, make sure there isn't a loop rest in it.

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
don't you need an allow interrupt? <--- at the ganon problem guy.

tgymk, idk. the sizes work differently as well.

you probably just fuccked up something.

and if your loop isn't infinite, make sure there isn't a loop rest in it.
do i need an allow interrupt for both or just the Down B?

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
How would I make it so when I run aura's come out of my feet?
I got it so the first (2?) steps auras come out, but After that nothing happens...(unless I stop and walk again)

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad126/Quinn95/smash-attackshelp.jpg?t=1251506002

The highlighted ones are the animations I added.

Quoted because the other one got lost on the last page (Huge pics)

And other question:

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that when you finish editing a texture, Ash makes two files: a .pcs and a .pac. What I'm wondering about is the .pac. Is it supposed to be something relating to the moveset?

ALF

Smash Cadet
XPwnage, I already answered your first post. Please look before you bump yourself.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I noticed that when you finish editing a texture, Ash makes two files: a .pcs and a .pac. What I'm wondering about is the .pac. Is it supposed to be something relating to the moveset?
No, it has to do with SSE and switching chars, such as PKMN trainer and ZSS... also note that when properly named it should be fitPokelizardon0X.pac instead of fitPokelizardon.pac

Still a valid question

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Huh. I did my first texture hack. Not very good, it's really just a recolor to make his clothes look more yellow. O-o

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know how to reflect or if there is values for it? Really want to know.
07 Cape. That's an element (goes in flag)
I believe that is Mario's cape attack effect.
I haven't tried it though.

And could someone please answer my questions? I feel like I'm being ignored <_<

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Tried that already, doesn't work. All it does is flips the character. Trying to learn how to reflect projectiles. Anyone know how to do that?

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Nobody knows how to do any reflecting or countering yet i believe...
but when they find out... they will be posting it here.. so just keep ur eye out.
dont have to ask over and over

sorry to sound mean

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nobody knows how to do any reflecting or countering yet i believe...
but when they find out... they will be posting it here.. so just keep ur eye out.
dont have to ask over and over

sorry to sound mean
Pft.
Speak for yourself. I figured it out a couple days ago for Mewtwo's confusion.

To reflect you set a defensive collision. Go download my Mewtwo's pac and look at his SideB. The defensive collision on there is the reflect collision.

Too lazy to get it myself. 4am and all.
-DD

Top Bottom