• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MaxThunder

PM Support
Actually, maybe your first idea would work... or fail... it's a 50/50 chance. :3 Anyway, I'll try out both of them. I just have to start it when the dash finishes, then I could either see what happenes when I leave the terminate out, or try the loop idea. To be safe, let's start with the loop first. And I have another question. Say I wanted my opponents to be pushed back with the wind effect when they get hit. Is it just like adding another hitbox, or is it something along the lines of an "If" command?
you need to add a hitbox whith a wind effect... but i dont know how... i've never had the need to learn it... and you have to do something whith the knockback or it wont work(is what i have deduced from what other people has been talking about...)... but i really have no idea at all...

but it is a hitbox...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
what is the command to damage the person using the attack... (like Ike's fully charged Neutral-B)?

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Being your favorite part of the day, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's QUESTION TIME!!! :D

Umbra asks: I'm making a hitbox that'll damage people when I run brake, but I need it NEARLY the same size as the actual effect. Can anyone tell me what the hitbox size equivalent to an effect size of 1.5 is?

And there you have it! The person who answers this question right gets 200 points and their choice of cookie. :p

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Umbra asks: I'm making a hitbox that'll damage people when I run brake, but I need it NEARLY the same size as the actual effect. Can anyone tell me what the hitbox size equivalent to an effect size of 1.5 is?

And there you have it! The person who answers this question right gets 200 points and their choice of cookie. :p
... You can just use the same size of teh effect. Or just go to Scalar and type 1.5, aand ur done.

I think.

give me mah cookie!

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice

Umbra asks: I want to put 4 lines of code in every sub action, but I don't want to go through over 300 animations and do it manually. Is there a way you can do it automatically? (if you're going to say copy and paste, don't bother. That's what I've been doing, and technically, it goes under the "manual"attribute.

And there you have it! The person who answers this question right gets 200 points and their choice of cake. :p

EDIT: *BZZT* OH, and there's the buzzer. So sorry. But look on the bright side: Umbra has canceled his question because he didn't need shiny sphere of light on each animation.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
hey can someone tell me what I would do if I wanted to replace wolfs final smash with his up taunt and for there to be a big fire explosion
I also need him to not go into the air and not to have the landmaster go down
I still want to keep his air final smash
anyone?
sorry if I'm spamming

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
What's the Attack100 animation in CF's sub actions?

Also, how can I make CF's Falcon punch bigger?

Final question. How do I make it so that when my character taunts, he gets his final smash?

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
I've always wanted to say this:

:urg: TRIPLE POST RAGE! :urg:

Wanted to get that out of my system. Don`t take this personally, it`s just a joke. And don't post more than twice in a row, editing your post is much more preferable. :)
Forget it.

As for the size of C.Falcon's punch, you need to change two things: hitbox and graphics.

Go to his punching sub-action (1CE, i think), make sure you're in the 'Main' event list.

You'll see a number of commands there: Asynchronous Timer, bit variable, meh. But it's the Offensive Collision commands that should interest you. You need to modify the values of it size from there. (double click the command to go into modification mode, AKA Modify Event) You should do this for all of the Offensive Collision commands, not just one.

The process of upping the size values should also be done for graphics to match it up. In the Event List, there's Main, GFX, SFX, and other. Go into GFX, and edit the size values of the External Graphic Effects.

Try using your common sense, look at other character's PCS files for ideas, search for help before actually asking for help, and most importantly, trial and error + patience + backing up your work.

I think Attack100 has something to do with Captain Falcon's infinite jab. You know, when you press the A button over and over and over again? (I think)

EDIT: I've kinda got a bugger problem myself with PSA. I turned Ike's Back Throw animation into a single attack. (he does a backspin kick) However, when Ike does the animation, he kicks his foot towards the ground instead of kicking out straight at a 0 degrees. The Ragna 2.0 moveset also does this (although it fits). How would one fix this animation issue?

(And yes, I put the right animation name in, "ThrowB")

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I've always wanted to say this:

:urg: TRIPLE POST RAGE! :urg:

Wanted to get that out of my system. Don`t take this personally, it`s just a joke. And don't post more than twice in a row, editing your post is much more preferable. :)
Forget it.

As for the size of C.Falcon's punch, you need to change two things: hitbox and graphics.

Go to his punching sub-action (1CE, i think), make sure you're in the 'Main' event list.

You'll see a number of commands there: Asynchronous Timer, bit variable, meh. But it's the Offensive Collision commands that should interest you. You need to modify the values of it size from there. (double click the command to go into modification mode, AKA Modify Event) You should do this for all of the Offensive Collision commands, not just one.

The process of upping the size values should also be done for graphics to match it up. In the Event List, there's Main, GFX, SFX, and other. Go into GFX, and edit the size values of the External Graphic Effects.

Try using your common sense, look at other character's PCS files for ideas, search for help before actually asking for help, and most importantly, trial and error + patience + backing up your work.

I think Attack100 has something to do with Captain Falcon's infinite jab. You know, when you press the A button over and over and over again? (I think)

EDIT: I've kinda got a bugger problem myself with PSA. I turned Ike's Back Throw animation into a single attack. (he does a backspin kick) However, when Ike does the animation, he kicks his foot towards the ground instead of kicking out straight at a 0 degrees. The Ragna 2.0 moveset also does this (although it fits). How would one fix this animation issue?

(And yes, I put the right animation name in, "ThrowB")
I had the same problem with using Kari's utilt as part of a usmash. Her leg barely lifted off the ground. Same with using her 3rd jab hit as her utilt. It would warp down to just above the ground about halfway in. ._. I don't know what causes it though, sorry. D:

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
Has anyone else attempted to give Peach or DK a down B attack in the air? I was wondering as the two just don't respond to the down B button input in the air whenever I try. But when on the ground, the two of them do whatever just fine.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
I've checked where the Falcon Punch appears, and I've concluded that it's just an overlay. It's the loop in this window:

Either that, or just upping each size by 1 should do the trick. :p

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
I've checked where the Falcon Punch appears, and I've concluded that it's just an overlay. It's the loop in this window:

Either that, or just upping each size by 1 should do the trick. :p
Lolz. THAT didn't go so well. Right before I picked final destination in training, my game froze up. :p

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. >.<

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
hmmm weird file size problem here... seems that everytime i save the file size changes drastically. even if i havent done anything. anyone know a fix?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Has anyone else attempted to give Peach or DK a down B attack in the air? I was wondering as the two just don't respond to the down B button input in the air whenever I try. But when on the ground, the two of them do whatever just fine.
people got subactions for special in the air and on the ground... did you modify both?

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I did a little experimenting and I found WHY the game froze. Along with modifying the sizes for the specials, I also tried to make CF say "YES!" when I used his AppealHi command. Apparently, THAT'S what made the game freeze, and not the resizing. So here's my first question of the day: is there a way where you can edit the SFX of the taunt without having the game freeze?

EDIT: Also, for CF, I want to give his rapid punch a fire effect and make it deal fire damage, but if you look at the Main section, you'll see that there really isn't anything to actually edit. How would I give each of his punches a fire effect and give them fire damage?

EDIT EDIT: Nvm. I found the second question quite perfectly. Thank god for the sub-routine finder. :3 NOW I want to know two more things. First off, I want CF's AttackHi3 to pound the enemy into the ground (like DK's SpecialS) when they come into contact with the attack. Second, I want his AttackS4 to emit an explosion a little bit in front of his elbow when the enemy comes into contact with a hitbox after they get hit by the side smash. Is there any way to make a contact trigger on hitboxes?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Ok. I did a little experimenting and I found WHY the game froze. Along with modifying the sizes for the specials, I also tried to make CF say "YES!" when I used his AppealHi command. Apparently, THAT'S what made the game freeze, and not the resizing. So here's my first question of the day: is there a way where you can edit the SFX of the taunt without having the game freeze?

EDIT: Also, for CF, I want to give his rapid punch a fire effect and make it deal fire damage, but if you look at the Main section, you'll see that there really isn't anything to actually edit. How would I give each of his punches a fire effect and give them fire damage?

EDIT EDIT: Nvm. I found the second question quite perfectly. Thank god for the sub-routine finder. :3 NOW I want to know two more things. First off, I want CF's AttackHi3 to pound the enemy into the ground (like DK's SpecialS) when they come into contact with the attack. Second, I want his AttackS4 to emit an explosion a little bit in front of his elbow when the enemy comes into contact with a hitbox after they get hit by the side smash. Is there any way to make a contact trigger on hitboxes?
No idea what that last sentence meant, but just use a GFX explosion and a fiery effect/SFX hitbox.

We tried the YESZ! but it fails. It's been done.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
No idea what that last sentence meant, but just use a GFX explosion and a fiery effect/SFX hitbox.

We tried the YESZ! but it fails. It's been done.
Ok, what I meant in the last sentence is that I want a hitbox to only activate after I hit the enemy into it with my side smash. Like I hit them with My side smash modified to hit them almost completely horizontally, then they fly into the hitbox. Then, that's when the hitbox actually activates. It doesn't start with the actual side smash, but when the person I hit comes into the collision bubble of the explosion's hitbox. And also, I already tried to make a GFX explosion, but it always happens around Captain falcon's body, and not in front of the elbow. As for the SFX, could I get a list of them? :3

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
I'm making a Ganondorf and so fars so good, but I have a few problems. I replaced his Side B with his 2nd Victoy animation and it used to cancel his momentum in the air. Now it doesn't but after he's done with it he freezes. His down b also has a problem, i was trying to make it so he can't use it in the air at all. This worked, but it causes him to keep falling (i replaced his down b with his fall animation) but you can't use an attack out of it, and he lands heavily, causing no damage. the problems are hard to describe so I have an image of what i did with the specials, and a video showing what happens.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEyTrVxtJCA

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Just bumping... oh! Before I forget:

Being everyone's favorite part of the day, iiiiiiiiiiiit's QUESTION TIME! :D

Umbra asks: I want to add a loop that make CF's feet eternally flaming to every code except the final smash animation (not the one where he activates it or he currently has not used it yet, but the one where he's in the car and ramming over the opponent) but I don't want to go through every sub action manually (which means just doing them one at a time). Knowing that I can get rid of that fire foot effect quickly, is there a way to put 4 commands into every sub action all at once?

And there you have it! The first person to answer this question right gets 200 points and their choice of pie. :3

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Just bumping... oh! Before I forget:

Being everyone's favorite part of the day, iiiiiiiiiiiit's QUESTION TIME! :D

Umbra asks: I want to add a loop that make CF's feet eternally flaming to every code except the final smash animation (not the one where he activates it or he currently has not used it yet, but the one where he's in the car and ramming over the opponent) but I don't want to go through every sub action manually (which means just doing them one at a time). Knowing that I can get rid of that fire foot effect quickly, is there a way to put 4 commands into every sub action all at once?

And there you have it! The first person to answer this question right gets 200 points and their choice of pie. :3
Copypasta into every section.

As for the other questions, create a synchronous timer in front of the hitbox you want to activate after the Fsmash. You can't activate a hitbox only if another hits iirc.

If your GFX won't move from the body, change the Undefined parameter to True. That makes sure the GFX isn't parented to its skeleton.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Copypasta into every section.

As for the other questions, create a synchronous timer in front of the hitbox you want to activate after the Fsmash. You can't activate a hitbox only if another hits iirc.

If your GFX won't move from the body, change the Undefined parameter to True. That makes sure the GFX isn't parented to its skeleton.
Well, I should have been more specific. That's what I've been doing, but there are 490 sub commands, and you have to admit that is a LOT of clicking.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Forget it, PSA is only a 0.2 beta at the moment. As well, I`m sure you`ve read a couple of posts about the file size limits that prevents it from working in the last three pages or so. I hate to sound like a ill-joy, but yeah. :(

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Forget it, PSA is only a 0.2 beta at the moment. As well, I`m sure you`ve read a couple of posts about the file size limits that prevents it from working in the last three pages or so. I hate to sound like a ill-joy, but yeah. :(
Meh that sucks. Oh well. I can do it one at a time. :3

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Next question!

Umbra (again) asks: I want to make an explosion happen when CF's AttackAirF animation (also known as the knee of justice :p) hits my opponent. I know you can do this with an "if" statement, but what I DON'T know is how to make it so that when the knee of justice smites my foe with the sweet spot, the if statement will make the explosion graphic appear, and when it misses or you don't get the sweet spot, nothing happens. How can I do this?

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
people got subactions for special in the air and on the ground... did you modify both?
Nope. Peach and DK don't have subactions for down special in the air or ground. But what I meant was, changing it in actions so that, for example, they can do turnip/hand slap in mid air.

Here's a pic of what I meant:

It enters the subaction just fine on the ground (it runs the else statement). But when in the air, the if statement isn't run at all. And if I switch the if condition to "On Ground" then I get the same thing. Works on the ground, but not in the air (the else statement does nothing at all, but the part under "if" works fine.). It's like, there's a check who-knows-where that says "only enter action 115 if on the ground" for DK and Peach.

And also, does anyone know which subaction / animation corresponds to Peach's float?

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
hey can someone tell me what I would do if I wanted to replace wolfs final smash with his up taunt and for there to be a big fire explosion
I also need him to not go into the air and not to have the landmaster go down
I still want to kepp his air final smash
SOMEONE PLEASE!
its the last thing I need for my character
i tried to do it myself but I cant get it to work
again sorry if I'm spamming

Top Bottom