• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Great guide and an amazing tool, i've been playing around with it a good amount in the past day or two but I've got a question.

How do you "combine" animations with this?

For example, phoenix mario's side B (?) - the triple kick thing. How do you make an attack use multiple animations like this? i tried opening up pmario's .pac but the animation for his side B's subaction was set to none, so i'm not really sure.

i'm trying to make captain falcon's side B grab onto people like his up B, but i'm not sure how to make the animation work. I tried changing his SpecialS (the hit portion of his side B), but I could either change it to the animation where he grabs them, or the animation where he flips off of them - not both.

can someone give me a quick word of advice here?
Perhaps you could have it "Goto" his Up+B grab animation?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok, I have a new problem;

when link dashes and runs, a couple explosions graphics come out, but they don't go on forever. How do I make this happen?

Lil_Yuri

Smash Rookie
Thanks! and when this toon link I'm making is finished, it'll be so awesome!!!
I think everyone's character will be "so awesome" when they're done with it! LOL

Anyway, quick question: Is it possible to have Captain Falcon shoot the phoenix off his arm as a mid-range projectile during the Falcon Punch?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
question...where can i edit luigi's chance of a misfire? i don't want to just give the misfire the same hitboxes as the normal missle

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
how Do You Add "auto Charge" Too Moves? Liek Gannons Up Tilt. I Want To Do That With Falcons. I Think You Just Have To Increase The Time Interval On The Sub Actions, But Won't The Animation Just End First? How Would You Extend The Animation?

Also, I Tried To Make Lucario N_b His Down Smash, With Various Effects. In The Air It Would Be His Ana, With More Effects. I Copied All The Data (name, Main, Gfx, Sfx, Other) From Both Of Them, And Put It In 1ce And 1cf. Then I Change The Actual Action, 112. I Made It Look Like This Mainly Cause I'm Not Good With Actions.

I Basically Made It So That When The Animation Ends, He Will Go To Stance (if On Ground), And When It Ends He Will (hopefully) Go To Falling. Everything Loaded Up Correctly, But Right When I Pressed B, It Froze. It Didn't Play That Dreaded Beeping Noise, It Still Had The Fd Music In The Background. Any Help Is Much Appriciated.
answer Me!

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
answer Me!
Pipe down. It looks like you need a Loop Rest in there somewhere or else it will just freeze due to the infinite loop. Also, you may want to replace the Change Action Command there with the 02010200 variant. Ones that have undefined parameters haven't been experimented with too much, so they're likely to be unpredictable.

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
Pipe down. It looks like you need a Loop Rest in there somewhere or else it will just freeze due to the infinite loop. Also, you may want to replace the Change Action Command there with the 02010200 variant. Ones that have undefined parameters haven't been experimented with too much, so they're likely to be unpredictable.
Thank =D
Its just that I posted a little while back, and it seemed to be getting ignored:(

And about the first one?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
how do you edit the damage and hitbox of a throw because the info i get doesn't look right
it says captain falcon's b-throw does 5 damage with 64 BKB and 46 KBG(which is more than his fsmash). but captain falcon's b-throw does 9 damage and little KBG.

and the down throw doesn't even have a hitbox.

am i overlooking something or are 72-75 not the throws?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the throws are called like "ThrowF" "ThrowHi" etc. I can edit the hitboxes perfectly fine.

but not all throws HAVE hitboxes.

and I think the hitboxes on throws are always special offensive collisions. :|

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
I have 2 question one how do you know what each "bone" is so I want to make Ness's taunt down taunt stun people and I need the hit to fallow his finger so how do i figure out its value? (this is not the important one)

(this is the really importnat one) Seccondly after I get that how do I know how beg a hit bubble is does anyone have a scale I want the hess to the entire space around him part of the hit bubble how do I get that? trail and error?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have 2 question one how do you know what each "bone" is so I want to make Ness's taunt down taunt stun people and I need the hit to fallow his finger so how do i figure out its value? (this is not the important one)

(this is the really importnat one) Seccondly after I get that how do I know how beg a hit bubble is does anyone have a scale I want the hess to the entire space around him part of the hit bubble how do I get that? trail and error?

the "size" parameter on the hitbox is the size of the collision bubble. there is no "list" or "scale" yet, so you'll just have to go by trial and error.

and there is no list of bones yet either, since they are specific to every character, I think.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It looks like you need a Loop Rest in there somewhere or else it will just freeze due to the infinite loop.
So THAT'S why the infinite loops were causing the game to lock up!
THANK YOU PW!! This is exactly what I was trying to figure out!

Eldiran

Smash Lord

Trial and error is probably the best way to discover things with these tools, but remember, you can always reference values that are already being used. For example, perhaps if there was an attack you knew had a hitbox attached to Ness' hand, you could find out what bone that attack uses? If I were you, I'd check to see if you couldn't gleam something from Ness' jab.

Similarly, you can just look at a couple of existing hitboxes to sort of get a feel for the scale of things. At least, that's the best advice I can give.

randomd1

Smash Rookie
I have no idea if this was answered previously, but how do you get hitboxes to do damage. I can add hitboxes that deal damage to moves that already have hitboxes, but when I attempt to create a new move or replace hitboxes the new hitboxes do nothing even if I make them size = 1200000000, etc. (values that should guarantee a hit). I'm keep id/bone set to 00000000. no offsets or rotations, trajectory = 0000. What am I doing wrong?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
so how would you edit the damage and KBG, BKB of a throw with no special hit box?

I Think there's a line of numbers with dashes inbetween, and each parameter stands for a value. I don't have the list, but someone posted it somewhere a long time ago. lol

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have no idea if this was answered previously, but how do you get hitboxes to do damage. I can add hitboxes that deal damage to moves that already have hitboxes, but when I attempt to create a new move or replace hitboxes the new hitboxes do nothing even if I make them size = 1200000000, etc. (values that should guarantee a hit). I'm keep id/bone set to 00000000. no offsets or rotations, trajectory = 0000. What am I doing wrong?

you make their damage to do more than "0".... and bone 0 is usually in like, the middle of their body... read the ****ing guide thoroughly.....ask pw...yeah

randomd1

Smash Rookie
you make their damage to do more than "0".... and bone 0 is usually in like, the middle of their body... read the ****ing guide thoroughly.....ask pw...yeah
wow way to flame me. btw,I've tried all sorts of damage could be any number (but for sake of testing it I assigned value = 000A last time) no results.
i know what bone 0 is, if a hitbox is a sphere starting from the center and working until the desired result is found makes perfect sense.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
sorry, it's just that it's not that hard..... what move are you trying to put the hitbox on, btw?

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to make someting be able to reflect projectiles? I want to make Ness's shield reflect projectiles like Fox's deflector shield.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how to make someting be able to reflect projectiles? I want to make Ness's shield reflect projectiles like Fox's deflector shield.
There's a hit effect called cape. Maybe you could try adding that to a hitbox you put around Ness that's the size of the shield?

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
BTW I tried the shield it sort of worked but not great.

Also I'm trying to make it so insted of doing PSI Magnet he puts people around him to sleep and I can't get it to work. first off the PSI magnet shield is still appearing secconldy it's not putting people to sleep I want it to have a range simmilar to that of Jiggly's rest.

Next I want PK Fire to change into Paralize with his down taunt. I got the animation but the stunning is not workign I have the hit box as larg as the program will let it go and I still can't hit anyone?

I have the 2 set up like this

Paralize: sub action: 1D6/ 1D7 Animation: AppealLw
Main event list:
Special offensive collission: id=0, bone=0, direction=0, base knockback= 0, knockback growth=0, size- I have this maxed but I want it around 500000 or enough to cover his entire body and then a good chunk after (about the range of a smartbomb), the offsets are all 0 and the flag is 0000000C.

Sleep: Sub Action: 1E0 animation: Special LW Start
Main event list:
Offensive collision: id=0, bone=0, direction=0, base knockback= 0, knockback growth=0, Size=(testing it at 500000) want it around the range of Jiggly's Rest attack, offsets are all 0, flag 0000000C (I allready see one problem I have the flags the same and there not suposed to be)
Graphic Effects List:
Graphic Effect: Graphic 4B this is the only thing changed

1E1, 1E2, 123 (SpecialLhold, specialLwhit, specialLwend) are all the same as above except for they don't have the graphic effect's

1E4 (specialAirLwstart) is the same as 1E0

1E5, 1E6, 1E7 (specialairlwhold, specialairlwhit, specialairlwend) are the same as 1E1,
1E2 and 1E3

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
@Yoshi: You only change the last two digits of the flag, don't set the entire flag to zeros.

Also, in order for these actions to work, you need some BKB. I'd recommend 100 to see if it works. 64 is 100 in hex.

Also, 0C isn't the effect for sleep. Sleep is 09.

The first post has a guide on how to changes the effects of moves. Read it, plz.

Revven

FrankerZ
I just did the funniest thing ever that will probably annoy people to death if they ever play on my Wii and play as Sonic.

I made it so his idle animation is constantly him doing his side taunt "You're too slow!!" there's about a pause in between each time he does it (it's only for like 1 or 2 frames though, just as if you were PRESSING the button!!) Now you don't have to press the button to do that taunt anymore, it's so annoying and hilarious I HAVE to keep it on my Wii! :D

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Falco400, I demand you upload a match with the even more annoying Sonic.

You must do it. For science. And lulz. :chuckle:

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
Kaiser thanks and I did read the guide I just put the wrong one down, sorry but BKB? Base knockback? And I made a whole new attack animation so I don't know what to make the rest.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Kaiser thanks and I did read the guide I just put the wrong one down, sorry but BKB? Base knockback? And I made a whole new attack animation so I don't know what to make the rest.
Yeah, Base Knockback.

Remember, base knockback and Knockback Gain are reversed in SA, so Knockback Gain in project SA is really Base Knockback.

Top Bottom